Add elegance and whimsy with hand lettering

I create custom creative lettering for envelopes, invitations, place cards, signs and commissioned artwork to add a touch of elegance or whimsy to events. Let me help you with a time consuming wedding task while setting the tone and making your guests feel honored by receiving a hand lettered work of art in the mail!

11115 Harford Road, Glen Arm, MD (410) 790-6490

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Shannon G

We used Sarah's beautiful calligraphy services for both our invitations and our place cards and were incredibly impressed with both. Everything was absolutely beautiful! We had over 100 invitations that needed to be addressed and Sarah's services saved us a ton of time and... Read More stress. She had a very quick turnaround rate and was always easy to get in contact with and had a very fast response rate with all correspondence. Our place cards were also BEAUTIFUL. We had a fall themed wedding and wanted each persons name and table number written on smaller paper leaves that we then pinned to mini pumpkins. Sarah had no problems using the paper leaves and making each name fit beautifully even though it was an unusual shape. Our guests LOVED the place cards and we were grateful we were able to tie them in with our theme. In addition to her calligraphy services we also had our guestbook designed and personalized by Sarah. We had our guests use ink pads and place their fingerprints as "leaves" on a beautifully designed tree. We had it framed and hung in our home and it is a wonderful keepsake from our wedding. Overall I would HIGHLY recommend Sarah Deacon's calligraphy and custom artwork and we will definitely be using her services in the future.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Sarah C

A wonderful experience! I didn't want to mail my envelopes out. I was short on time and didn't feel comfortable doing so. Sarah's beautiful home was only about 15 minutes from me. Her communication was excellent through both text and email. She did a beautiful job in less time... Read More than she quoted. I will not hesitate to use her in the future as well!

2017-07-17T18:47:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Brittney S

Sarah's calligraphy added a perfect artist's touch to our beach-themed wedding celebration! Sarah created beautiful seating cards for our guests, making each one flawless. She also created a unique guestbook idea- creating a beautiful palm tree print for our guests to sign and... Read More place their thumbprints. It is framed and hanging in our home! Throughout the process, Sarah was a pleasure to work with- very professional, kind, and eager to make sure every detail was perfect. I would highly recommend Sarah's work to any future bride!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Samantha S

Loved my placecards that she did. Beautiful and worry-free for me!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Colleen K

Sarah provided exceptional calligraphy services for our wedding invitations and reception signs! The invitations were accurate, beautiful and made to perfection. Aside from her product, she is also a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her talent and services for all of... Read More your wedding calligraphy requests!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Marcy G

We were thrilled with the beautiful calligraphy (art!) that Sarah provided for our wedding invitations! She was super easy to work with and was diligent about getting all the details just right. So very glad we chose her to add an elegant touch to our celebration.

Sarah Deacon

Beautiful writing has been a passion and hobby of mine since childhood. Studying art at James Madison University gave me a foundation in design that I use in all my art work. I currently teach middle school art full time in Baltimore County, MD. After designing and addressing my best friend's wedding invitations in 1989, I was encouraged to offer my calligraphy services to others. I enjoy designing each envelope, sign or place card in a beautiful or whimsical way and look forward to helping you set the tone for your event.