2793 Rosehall Lane, Aurora, IL (630) 947-9421

Reviewed on 11/15/2017

I suggest anyone who wants their wedding to go off without a hitch to call Sarah Kathleen Events. We were so pleased with her patience and understanding in everything we wanted out of our wedding. They really helped complete our wedding. She has a great staff and they are... Read More ready and willing to make your wedding day as stress free as possible. I recommend that anyone that wants to enjoy their day give them a call because they truly helped build our dream wedding. I can't find the words to express how grateful we were to have them apart of our special day!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Nikki F

If you are planning a wedding, you NEED to hire Sarah, and right now! I hired her about 3 months before my wedding and I wish I would have thought to when I started, she did everything from vendor coordination to designing menu cards and ceremony programs and everything in... Read More between! From the first time I met Sarah I knew she would be great as she calmed my nerves about the Reception Venue drama that was going on immediately. Sarah and her team were so efficient that by the time I thought of something on the day of it was already done. They were such a pleasure to have with us on our wedding day and made everyone feel so comfortable with all the stress and nerves going on. Having her and her team there on my wedding day allowed us to enjoy the day without worrying about what was going to happen next or the little details you don't realize go into set up and taking down. Sarah also was a huge help in talking to all my vendors as the day approached which took a lot of stress off of me and the other things I had to get done! She also found me great deals on vendors when last minute I realized I needed a draping back drop for our head table! She was even there to help one of my guests when her dress broke! Anything I asked her to help with or take care of it was done above and beyond what I asked. She also does AWESOME 3D renditions of your venue which was so cool and helpful when picking decor and seeing how the room would be put together. HIRE HER NOW, I couldn't recommend her enough!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jon J

I’ve had the distinct pleasure of working with Sarah of Sarah Kathleen Events on several occasions. The first few times were back when she planned my company’s annual conferences. She put together every last detail and took into consideration what the attendees would enjoy.... Read More Between group outings to sporting events, team building activities, and menu options for each meal, she put a lot of thought into what we’d like. All throughout the process, she was professional, thorough, and nothing but courteous and considerate to everyone there. Most recently, I worked with her on a wedding that was at my workplace, a local hotel that hosted the ceremony and reception for the happy couple, and she was the wedding planner. Sarah, along with her extremely attentive and equally creative staff (Louis and Loraine), once again used her creative talents and professional intuition and planned a spectacular, elegant party that everyone enjoyed. She worked hard to cater to the bridal party and guests’ needs and also worked in tandem with the hotel staff to make sure everyone was in the know. Overall, I highly recommend Sarah Kathleen Events for the work that they do. Between their work with high-stress corporate events and beautiful, memorable weddings, Sarah and her team are an extremely talented group of individuals that pay attention to what you want and execute that with the utmost professionalism and creativity.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Monique C

From start to finish, Sarah Kathleen Events was amazing to work with. Setting up the initial meeting with Sarah was easy and after speaking with her, we knew we wanted to work with her and her team. We were assigned to work with Alyssa and she was amazing. From our first... Read More meeting with her, she gave us so many helpful ideas, sent us photos/links to things we may like for our wedding, created a timeline of what needed to be done, and so much more. Alyssa was quick to answer our emails/texts and was very flexible in meeting with us (including a few trips to our venue). Also, she did 3D drawings of our venue with our design elements added, which was so helpful in seeing how it would look and to see if any changes needed to be made. On the day of the wedding, she went above and beyond. From taking our dog back and forth from the rooms, to delivering gifts, to making sure the ceremony/reception were set up the exact way we wanted, to helping us get ready, and dealing with anything last minute that popped up, she did it with a smile and was so efficient. Alyssa's friendly and calming presence was much appreciated and made a high-stress day a breeze. Alyssa was even able to corral the bride's Mom, who is a free spirit and does whatever she wants. Sarah Kathleen Events provided excellent service, is affordable, easy to reach, efficient, and will make sure you get the day you envision. We highly recommend Sarah Kathleen Events and will be sure to recommend them to family and friends for any events!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

Simply the Best!!!! Sarah and her staff made our day the most amazing time of our lives. She is professional, knowledgeable and extremely hands on. We don't plan on getting married again but will use her services for other events and parties we will throw later in our lives.... Read More Thank you again for letting us get to enjoy our day and making it an unforgettable one. -The Sujaks

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Caitlyn C

We worked with Alyssa and she was absolutely fabulous! From day one, she was responsive and gave us ideas when we weren't sure what to do. She answered texts and was open to meeting whenever. She even decorated the arch for our ceremony with Luis's assistance during our... Read More rehearsal dinner. On the day of the wedding, she was very easy to reach and handled any last minute things we needed. She was friendly and funny and we loved hanging out with her. I would recommend her service to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Corie T

It was THE BEST decision to hire Sarah Kathleen Events for my wedding. Believe me, you need a coordinator, and you need Sarah. My husband and I were both very involved in all the little details of our wedding and perhaps our only regret is that we didn’t break off even more for... Read More Sarah sooner. She’s incredibly capable, and whatever you throw at her, she can handle it! She has a rare combination of efficiency and kindness to go along with very reasonably priced packages. We even had our other vendors complimenting us on how kind and organized she was! After our first meeting with her, we knew we were in good hands. After our second meeting, we’d felt we’d known her for years. On our wedding day, she was like clockwork. She’d pop up every so often with either an update that everything’s running smoothly, or to give a quick update, ask you a question, and then off she’d go to solve some last-minute issue. We had even forgot, in the craziness of the day, to have our friends pick up our wedding favors across town and could not get in touch with that vendor to see if they were still open. Our photographer jumped through hoops to find out they were open and we told Sarah – who just calmly said “Let me see what we can do”. A bit later, our favors had arrived and were prepared beautifully and no guests had any clue that something big almost went wrong! Whoa! Not in her job description! She is on a whole other level of helpful. And shout-out to Luis, who crushed it with Sarah and was so easy to be around. To summarize, Sarah Kathleen Events is affordable, kind, efficient, easy to work with, and goes above and beyond. Hire them. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Larissa A

I am seriously so grateful I stumbled upon Sarah Kathleen Events in a wedding Facebook Group. I used them for my wedding a couple weeks ago as a Day-of-coordinator and it was seriously the best decision I ever made! Sarah is the nicest person ever and makes you feel so... Read More comfortable! Sarah and Amanda were working with us for the day, and they made sure we stayed on the timeline and got us anything and everything we needed! She is very personable and gets the job done! You can see she truly enjoys her job which makes all the difference. They went above and beyond to make sure things were running smoothly, the bridal party and vendors were where they should be when they should be, and making sure I had everything set up how I wanted. She kept me laughing, cool, calm, and collected. She definitely made the day stress-free. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Antwon R

From the moment I met Sarah, I was extremely impressed by her bubbly attractive personality and professionalism. She helped us come up with really creative and authentic concepts for our perfect wedding. She's very organized and detailed. On the day of our wedding she and her... Read More assistant kept us on schedule. Every time I saw her that night, she was on her feet, running around (even with a leg brace on) making sure all our needs were met and everything was taken care of. Thank you so much Sarah Kathleen Events for creating the most memorable experience of my life. I wish you much continued success in your business and will recommend you to everyone I know planning an event!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Katie K

If I could give Sarah a million stars I would!! Hiring Sarah Kathleen Events was the best decision we made for our wedding!!!! Sarah made it her goal to be with us every step of the way and was there to handle any problems that came up. One of our favorite things was when she... Read More met with us to make our signature drink and it was a great evening. It gave both of us a break and actually enjoy the planning process. She was ALWAYS there when we needed her either in person or by phone/text message. She came with me multiple times to other vendors to put me at ease and make sure we stuck to the overall plan that I had for the wedding. One of the things that she did that was unique was utilize a custom 3D rendering that allowed us to visualize what our wedding venue looked like before the big day. She spent numerous hours at the actual venue to ensure her 3D map was a perfect match. Talking about what the venue would look like was nice but actually seeing it on the computer screen was amazing. It allowed us to breathe easier knowing that the choices we made looked great before seeing it in person. With the amount of work she put in before the wedding it was nothing compared to the amount of work she put in during our big day. Sarah was instrumental in making sure that everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding, she put together a timeline and made sure everyone stuck to that timeline but she did it in a way that wasn’t overbearing or pushy. During the entire day Sarah and her team were everywhere and if something looked like it was about to go wrong she had already solved the problem. After our ceremony I was looking for these Kate Spade Keds that I specifically bought for the reception but realized they were left at home. I told Sarah and she immediately offered to have her or one of her staff drive to the house and get them. They had already done so much for us I didn’t want to ask them to do more so I volunteered to go barefoot. After my first dance I went barefoot and when we got back to the head table she had a pair of flats that they went out and bought just for me. I was speechless!!! I couldn’t believe they would do something like that! It was another example of how much Sarah and her team goes above and beyond to ensure we had our perfect day!!! During the planning process my husband and I weren’t sure we should hire a wedding planner but as the wedding date came closer and closer I was starting to stress out with all of the planning that still needed to be done. Sarah was absolutely amazing throughout the entire process, I was able to go to her with all my concerns and she talked them through with me and helped reduce any stress that I was feeling! Our wedding was the best day of our lives and there is no way we could have done it without Sarah and her team. Thank you so much Sarah for making our dreams come true and plan the perfect wedding for us! If you are having any doubts about getting things done for wedding hiring Sarah will be your best decision. She goes ABOVE and beyond in everything she does and makes the planning process a lot less stressful. My husband wasn’t sure we should hire a wedding planner but after seeing everything she did he agrees that the best thing we did was hire Sarah!!! She was an absolute joy to work with and I recommend her to anyone who is planning a wedding, you will not be disappointed!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Anne D

One of the best decisions we made throughout our wedding planning process was to hire Sarah Kathleen Events. While we were initially unsure we needed a wedding coordinator, we received advice from recently married friends to at least get someone who would 'help with the day'.... Read More Sarah helped us with much more than that. Not only did Sarah make sure all of the stress was off of us on our wedding day, but she also provided much needed advice, suggestions, and support in the months leading up to our wedding as well. Sarah ensured our wedding day ran smoothly with her meticulous planning and scheduling, making sure all vendors knew exactly where to be and when to be there. She worked with the venue staff and decorator to make sure the decorations were exactly how we had planned, and that the staff stuck to our exact timeline. She walked our bridal party and family through the timeline of events to make sure that a very large group of friends and family were focused when they had to be, and had fun, while doing it. Leading up to our wedding, Sarah started working from the day we hired her, taking pictures of the venue, and using these to produce 3D graphics to allow us to see exactly how our reception hall and ceremony venue would look, right down to the color of the napkins. Further, Sarah provided vendor suggestions, helped us negotiate pricing, and provided general advice and support in the months leading up to our wedding, going above and beyond our expectations. We received so much positive feedback on our wedding regarding how great everything looked, and how well organized and planned it was. While we'd like to take credit for that ourselves, much of the credit goes to Sarah, as we definitely couldn't have done it without her.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Brittany M

Alyssa was amazing! She helped me and my groom all night long! Without her, we would have been so stressed! Alyssa made everything look amazing at our wedding and kept us worry free. Alyssa was amazing to work with and Luis kept my bridal party so happy during the day. Very... Read More impressed on how fast Alyssa answered all questions we had as well. Very happy we went with Sarah Kathleen Events for our very special day.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Danielle F

Best money we spent for our wedding! We had an outdoor DIY wedding at a pavilion on the fox river. At first we were going to have family set everything up before the wedding but decided to spend the money and hire a day of coordinator. We are so happy we went with Sarah Kathleen... Read More Events. Leena and two assistants were there to help the day of. They set up all of our decorations and I couldn't have asked for anything better. They transformed a plain pavilion into a beautiful bright and airy reception area. It was exactly what we were picturing!! They stayed on top of everything all day, their hard work did not go unnoticed. Best part of the day... I didn't get any text or calls all morning while I was getting ready. We did not have to worry about anything but enjoying our time with friends and family!! We love Sarah kathleen events! I would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Kali S

Sarah was one of the best decisions we made. I was on the fence about whether or not I needed a coordinator, but let me tell you, I made the right decision. I can't imagine the day without her. Sarah was there before my wedding when I had random questions about how the day... Read More should run or wedding etiquette. On the day of my wedding, she just jumped in and did things that I didn't' even think about. When my family couldn't get my veil to stay in, Sarah was there. When guests were trying to gather around our ketubah signing prior to the ceremony, Sarah was there. At the end of the night when we had to pack up the cards and put out the favors, Sarah was there. I can't even list all of the things she did because she really just went above and beyond. It was such a relief for both my family and myself to have her there making sure everything went according to plan and jumping in and doing things so that we could enjoy the day. Sarah even draped the pergola at my venue for me and did an excellent job for a great price. Her services are extremely reasonably priced without sacrificing any quality. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 RaSheila H

Working with Alyssa at Sarah Kathleen Events was more than I could ask for. Let me start by saying I’m not an easy person to deal with. Sometimes I have an over the top personality. When I first met with Alyssa and Sarah I was still on the fence if I really needed a wedding... Read More planner. Our first meeting was seriously like going over my wedding vision with one of my close friends. As soon as we started reviewing my vision they had ideas and recommendations and they weren’t even officially my planner. When I left our first meeting I just knew I needed to work with them. They understood everything I wanted and gave me so many new ideas (this was the birth of the book pages runner). Alyssa answered all my calls and emails of distress . She was always reassuring that everything would come together. They actually provide you drawings of what your space would look like which for me helped a ton to visually see it all together. I think the main thing that stood out to me is how she was always one step ahead of me. Making recommendations, confirming vendors (which was a major task), getting my wedding gifts back to my hotel, and even steaming my veil! I had multiple other vendors tell me how on top of everything my planner was. I’m not one easily amazed, but Alyssa and Sarah truly are amazing at what they do. I couldn’t imagine what my day would have been like without having Alyssa as part of it… I couldn’t thank you all enough for making this day so special for Ryan, myself, and our entire family. Alyssa is absolutely Amazing!!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Karen K

Best. Wedding. Decision. Ever! Sarah is beyond A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! We got married last June 2nd at Starved Rock and we cannot say enough wonderful words about her. She is kind, detailed, organized, creative, amazing, quick on her feet, thoughtful and did i say amazing?! There is... Read More no doubt she will be on my speed dial for future events. We love working with her and she made our wedding planning was as less stressful as possible and as smoothly as it can go. The day of the wedding also went perfectly!!!! I'm sure there were little hiccups along the road but we didn't even feel any of it because of how good she is with what she does. Even our families and guests recognized her wonderful abilities and couldn't have been more impressed with our wedding! She will not (and don't think ever will) disappoint!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Danielle H

I am a very detailed, type-A personality and project manager by trade. I thought I could pull off planning a wedding because I was there to help every one of my friends who needed planning assistance. I thought for sure I could pull my wedding off but after 3-months into the... Read More planning process and realizing it’s more difficult to plan your own wedding when you have emotions attached to the decisions I knew it was time to hire a planner. I did a lot of research, found Sarah Kaleen Events, met them and hired them on the spot upon meeting. Sarah was already booked for my wedding weekend so she assigned Alyssa. I cannot say enough great things about Alyssa!! She was AMAZING from the very beginning and knows what she is doing. I selected and booked all the vendors but Alyssa followed up with every one of the vendors to confirm time/location/details. This task is huge and Alyssa handled it flawlessly. She constructed a very detailed timeline which made the day-of go by so smooth and organized. Alyssa went above and beyond on numerous occasions to keep me sane! The day of my wedding, Alyssa showed up at my house and brought a calming sense to the morning preparations. She ensured we all stayed on time and kept us organized. She made sure I ate, drank water, and prepared myself for the day. Alyssa ensured my vision for the day was executed properly and she did a flawless job! I couldn’t have asked for a better planner as she went above and beyond my expectations!! I highly recommend Sarah Kathleen Events - you will love them and thank yourself. I cannot stress enough how smoothly the day went and it would not have been as perfect as it was without Alyssa.

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Miranda M

Where do I even begin! I was on the fence about hiring a wedding day coordinator because I figured having a 2 year engagement gave me more than enough time to finalize every little wedding detail myself- boy was I wrong! When my now husband and I first met with Sarah we clicked... Read More immediately. Within just a one hour meeting she captured exactly the style we were going for and had so many great ideas for decor for the venue. Our venue was basically a big empty building with rooms and we were able to arrange all the decor and tables however we wanted. I'm a very visual person, so her 3D diagrams were unbelievably helpful not only to see what colors worked best together,how the centerpieces would look, but also when coming up with a floor plan for the seating! Sarah is not only incredibly responsive (and trust me we emailed,called, and texted her a lot especially the weeks leading up to the wedding) but she actually cares! We ran into some issues a couple months before the big day with our bartending company (who we paid in full) having issues with our venue then not returning calls or emails. Sarah was a HUGE help with working through this bar issue and keeping me calm. On the big day Sarah was on her A game! With 10 bridesmaids, 9 groomsmen, and 200 guests I thought organizing the day was going to be a circus! But Sarah and her team were FANTASTIC! Everything was beautiful! Everything went smoothly (even if there were issues I would have never known)! Not to mention our officiant and photograpber raved about how great Sarah was to work with. One vendor even said she is the best day of coordinator they had ever worked with! We seriously have Sarah Kathleen Events to thank for our beautiful wedding. The day was perfect and it was all thanks to Sarah and her stellar team. I am recommending Sarah Kathleen Events to everyone of my friends and family members who will be getting married in the future! Thank you SKE for making our day one we will never ever forget!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Christine M

Sarah is amazing! She provided a wealth of advice and knowledge that made planning easy. She created a perfect timeline for our big day, which kept everything running smoothly and on time! She also sent us a few recommendations for vendors which we couldn’t have been more... Read More pleased with. The day was better than we ever imagined, and we owe much credit to Sarah Kathleen Events for that! Thank you Sarah!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Ashley P

I recently got married this weekend and I cannot tell anyone enough what a great job Sarah did on my wedding. Whenever I contacted her she promptly would answer and be on top of it. At first I thought I wouldn't need a coordinator, but I quickly realized I couldn't do everything... Read More alone. On the day of my wedding she literally did everything and spoke to all the vendors and was always nearby if I needed her. All I think about is how would I have done all of this without her??? And there's no way I could have. She is so professional and organized and also so fun to be around. I'm actually bummed it's all over as I loved doing all of this with her and looked forward to our meetings! All I can say is that it is so worth it to use a coordinator and I'd never consider doing it alone. If you are on the edge and can't decide just do it! You'll be so happy you did! She's amazing!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Lauren V

I'd like to start by saying that I never thought that I needed a wedding planner. I was a super organized bride & I didn't need additional help...I had my bridesmaids, right?! Well let me say how wrong I was. I started to realize this after all the emails, meetings, virtual... Read More drawings from Sarah, when I was able to really visualize my wedding day long before it got there. Not only could I visualize it, but Sarah made sure that I had an accurate itinerary, made sure my vendors were all on the same page, and helped me think of things that I know never would have crossed my mind. On the day of my wedding I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH how smoothly my day went because of her. She was like a little ninja, moving from one place to the next, coordinating each vendor and part of the wedding. She also set up my event and perfected every single detail. I had a rustic/country theme & she nailed it! I couldn't have been happier & cannot imagine how things would have went without her. Thank you again Sarah Kathleen Events for making it the most perfect, best day of my life!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Stephanie F

When I first started planning my wedding I wasn't sure if I wanted or needed a coordinator. It seemed like an unnecessary expense but a friend of mine recommended Sarah so I met with her to see what she could offer. After just 1 meeting with her I was confident that she really... Read More knew what she was doing and would be helpful, but I didn't know at the time that she'd end up being the best money I ever spent. I already had a lot of details planned out but I was having a hard time visualizing the space and planning out the day. Sarah's 3D drawings of my venue were absolutely amazing and really helped me plan the rest of the little details. She was always quick to respond to my (many) emails and texts, and she also went to meetings with my vendors when I wasn't sure what to ask or just wanted her opinion. I'm a very anxious person and tend to overthink things, so we met several times towards the end and she totally put my mind at ease and even ran a couple of errands for me when I needed help! On the day, she was so amazing and helpful! Every time I needed her she was right there and even though I didn't see her most of the day, I know it's because she was running around taking care of things so that everything would go perfectly, which it did!!! I'm so thankful to have had her there and supporting me through the entire process, and will definitely be recommending her whenever possible!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Brooke P

Sarah was truly a lifesaver throughout this entire wedding process! During our planning sessions she made sure I had all of the very tiny details covered and offered solutions to all of my problems and unanswered questions. She was always the one to reach out to me and always... Read More responded immediately! The week of my wedding she went to hobby lobby and figured out how to drape my aisle the way I liked and just took care of it for me! Talk about a major stress reliever! On my wedding day Sarah showed up bright eyed and ready to go! Whenever I turned to look for her, there she was to help me with whatever I needed! (She even cut a sub sandwich in tiny pieces for me so I wouldn't mess up my lips!) At the reception I didn't have to answer any of the Dj or other vendors' questions because Sarah handled it all for me! Sarah showed up to the reception and looked after every last detail! She even figured out how to get my bridal parties overnight bags all to the hotel for me! Sarah being present on our wedding day allowed my husband and I to enjoy our day to the fullest! Sarah is very professional and took all of my concerns about the day quite seriously and made sure it all went perfectly! I could not imagine planning a wedding without her, definitely an investment in your special day! We are surely recommending her to all of our engaged friends!