A Timeless Romantic Setting with Magnificent Views

Inspiring – Rustic – Elegant Experience and share the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains with friends and family at our uniquely gorgeous Christmas tree farm that overlooks Lake Glenville. We are not far from Atlanta, Asheville, or Charlotte. We strive to make your day the BEST - DAY - EVER! Let our experienced and award winning staff ensure all the details are accomplished as you and your guests celebrate your day! Everyone will enjoy breath-taking views, warm hospitality, our large porch with rocking chairs and twinkle lights, and being surrounded by the sounds of nature. Put your mind at ease in your planning process with our variety of packages to choose from a our extensive list of recommended vendors. We are here to make your dream day a reality! Call us today!

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Park, Tented

Planning

Serving Western North Carolina, Cashiers, NC (828) 743-5456

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Lauren R

My fiancé and I are avid mountain goers and knew we not only wanted to be in the NC mountains for our wedding, but specifically were searching for a venue with a view that was away from the hustle and bustle of a city/town and would be a fun place for our families & friends to... Read More visit since all of our guests would be out of towners. From the moment we stepped out of the car and took a short golf cart ride to the pergola, we knew it was the place for us. How could we pass up the gorgeous view of Lake Glenville and the Christmas trees?! Seeing all of the photos online and then finally seeing it in person is just breathtaking. The entire property is so well maintained and decorated beautifully and it will truly leave your guests saying “wow!”. The venue also includes so many unique décor items, tables and chairs (for ceremony AND reception), farm tables, and fun painted shabby chic tables that you won’t be able to find at most places unless you rent them from a vendor or purchase yourself. Nicole made the planning process so easy and smooth, was very quick to respond to emails, and had great recommendations for local vendors in the area when we were having a difficult time finding them on our own. Being an event planner myself, I thought I would have a difficult time “letting go” the day of our wedding and separating myself from the setup but Nicole and her team did a phenomenal job of making the day go flawlessly and creating a beautiful ceremony & reception space that was exactly what we had wished for. The only thing I would definitely point out to future brides is to make sure you get the hotel room blocks organized EARLY in your planning because there are only a handful of places that are a few minutes away from the venue. We specifically used Cashiers Village Inn, Laurelwood Inn, and Hampton Inn & Suites and had great feedback from our guests. Also another big point to consider is that all the hotels are (2) night minimums during certain times of the year (we got married on June 6th) so be sure your guests know this information as well. Nicole, Myra, Tom, Chad, (and Maggie!) – Thank you all SO much for making this the most perfect wedding weekend we could have ever imagined and for creating this magical place for everyone to enjoy! You made us and our guests feel at home and we are so excited to visit you guys every year to get a Christmas tree! Thanks again for everything! Lauren

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kailey B

My wedding was absolute PERFECTION!! my hunsband and I were blown away with every detail ! We couldnt have asked for a better wedding coordinator, Nicole! She put everything together and made my dream wedding come to life!! She handled absolutely everything including all the... Read More flowers and decor. She made everything so simple....i sent her pictures and ideas i had for my wedding and she did the rest! she never once said she couldnt do something for me (and believe me im REALLY picky) Thank you Nicole and Myra and to all the staff at SFF for doing such a spectacular job. There wasnt a thing i would have changed (well maybe the dj cuz he didnt play the songs i requested but thats ok, he was a nice guy and we had a blast anyway). Also we went through Randevu for catering and let me tell you something...they are INCREDIBLE...not only mouth watering food, but the most friendliest staff you will ever meet. We had both our rehearsal dinner there and they catered our wedding and i wouldnt of wanted it any other way! We were so lucky to have found them. 5-20-17💜

The Perfect Day

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Caitlin B

The only way I can describe our wedding day simply at Sawyer Family Farmstead is "perfect". The Farmstead is a gorgeous venue that you just don't find very often. It was affordable, especially because very little decorations are needed to make it look beautiful. The owners have... Read More done a great job with the landscaping, buildings, and decorations, so it's naturally amazing already. Our decision to have Tasha work with us as our coordinator was one of the best we made. She more than paid for herself with the money she saved us and great vendors she found. I felt at ease because Tasha was available and was knowledgable about every detail that needed to be accomplished. Because I lived about 7 hours away from the Farmstead before the wedding, the planning process could have been extremely stressful. But Tasha stepped in, meeting with vendors, going by the church where our ceremony was held even just to count parking spaces, and making herself available to anything we needed. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and went so smoothly. I would recommend Sawyer Family Farmstead to anyone! Our guests were blown away with how beautiful and fun the atmosphere was.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Kate S

The venue was absolutely amazing. We had our ceremony on the pergola and reception in the barn and it was gorgeous! We have been getting compliments from our guests non-stop, and our photos look absolutely breath taking. The perfect backdrop for any wedding, we barely needed to... Read More decorate at all. They helped us plan everything and were very helpful to us, especially with a day of coordinator. Can't recommend this place enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Sammy H

I can't event begin to describe how incredible it was to work with Sawyer Family Farmstead. We saw the venue two years before our wedding date and immediately cancelled all of our other tours. The venue speaks for itself, but the team there is what truly makes the farmstead the... Read More perfect place to get married. We got the package that included the unlimited planning and it was 100% worth the money. We worked with Nicole throughout the two years and I can't say enough good things about her. She was so knowledgeable, caring, and professional all the way up until the wedding. On the day of our wedding her and Emily were so organized and had every detail planned out. We didn't even need to think about anything because she had it all planned out including when to eat. Our day was spectacular and we had a blast. We received so many compliments on how gorgeous the venue was and how wonderful the staff were. To anyone considering booking at the SFF, my husband and I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Laura B

I can't speak highly enough about Sawyer Family Farmstead. We fell in love with it the first time we saw it and things just got better from there. Nicole is AMAZING. We moved to Florida and started new jobs two months before our wedding so things in our lives were a little... Read More crazy. Nicole made sure that things were still moving along smoothly and kept me on track for planning. Our day was absolutely perfect. Even though it was raining, SFF's rain plan venue doesn't look like a rain plan, it looks like a first choice. The ceremony and reception were stunning and we had the best day of our lives. Nicole also did all of our flowers and let me just say, stunning doesn't do them justice. I honestly can't imagine having a better experience anywhere and I would very highly recommend Nicole and Sawyer Family Farmstead. Aside from choosing each other, choosing them for a venue was the best decision we have ever made.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Maria B

This venue is highly rated for a reason. Not only is the natural setting breath-taking, you can tell the owners and staff put in 1000% effort to make your special day as perfect as humanely possible. They went above and beyond to exceed my expectations and my day was flawless.... Read More This family is down to earth and great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Regina H

Buyer beware I’ll start at the beginning we spoke to the owner Mara she talked us into taking the date of October 7 th due to another bride that had paid for the venue in full had canceled for that date . That bride did not get as refund, as per Myra. Then she proceeded to... Read More tell us that she would give us a major deal if we took that date we only had 3 1/2 months to plan everything by the time the contract was rode up we also had agreed that we would barter some of the cost, we did our part, Myra also said we could pay for the venue next year. We finally agreed on what we were going to barter which was some landscape rock . I felt like the owners of the venue were bullies they told us if we didn’t like it we could cancel it. The day of the wedding it was very awkward due to the fact is that the owners are not honest people, if you get married there make sure you have everything written down nothing verbal if you pay cash make sure you get a receipt it was a black cloud over the whole day actually the whole planning of the wedding was awful .

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Jeanne G

If I could give it a ten star rating I would. I am the Mother of the Bride and live all the way across the country. Nicole at Sawyer Family Farmstead made planning this wedding so effortless. She had spot on recommendations for vendors and helped us throughout the planning... Read More process. The wedding day I could just sit back and truly enjoy watching my daughter marry the love of her life. The location is beyond amazing. We had guests from all over the country and they couldn't stop commenting on how absolutely beautiful the venue was. It truly made it a fairy tale wedding - what more could you ask for as the mother of the bride. If you want an elegant outdoor wedding in a spectacular setting, with people to help you throughout the planning process and day of, check out this place. Look at photos - they are amazing.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Jackie G

I got married and had my reception at Sawyer Family Farmstead and it was incredible. This is a place that we will continue to visit and forever be grateful for. Nicole is amazing to work with. She made sure that everything was going as planned and her attention to detail is... Read More incredible. She really killed it with everything for our ceremony and wedding as well as the planning leading up to the big day! It was stress free as she was able to handle all of the day of details and so much of the planning in the months prior to our big day. The venue itself is gorgeous overlooking the lake with the beautiful pergola and reception barn. All of the details throughout the farm are beautiful. We are so grateful to have found Sawyer Family Farmstead and highly, highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Katherine L

If you are thinking about Sawyer Family Farmstead for your wedding or event please just go for it! Nicole, Myra, and Tom are the best hosts for your special day and will go above and beyond to ensure that it is spectacular. My husband and I are from Charleston, SC and Nicole and... Read More her support staff were professional, prompt, and so helpful in planning a wedding from another state. The farm itself is breathtaking and has everything you need to choose from to help make your wedding uniquely represent you and your significant other. You do not have to worry about rental companies and surprise fees or a tent if it rains. They have you covered! On top of this, Nicole was the best day of coordinator I could have imagined! So if you are trying to decide on a venue, save your energy and just book Sawyer Family Farmstead, you will be so happy you did.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Heather J

Whether being proposed to in the pouring down rain after cutting down a Christmas tree to getting married basked in the warm sunshine on the pergola overlooking the sparkling blue Lake Glenville and the mountains, SFF was a dream come true! We could not have picked a more... Read More beautiful space to share these special moments at or more wonderful people to work with. Nicole, Myra, Tom and Emily - you are every bride's dream team! Every detail was executed to perfection, and you were so accommodating to our requests and readily available throughout the whole planning process to help answer questions and weigh-in on decisions. Many of our guests said it was the most magical wedding they've ever been to and could not say enough wonderful things about the venue. Chris and I wish we could come back and do it all over again as a guest! It truly was the best day of our lives. SFF is a special place run by special people. We plan to come back to each year to celebrate our anniversary with a SFF Christmas tree.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Deb J

Words cannot express how wonderful Sawyer Family Farmstead is as a wedding venue! Owned by Tom and Myra Sawyer, a couple so full of love and kindness, our daughter's wedding was planned/choreographed by their daughter, Nicole, with help from Emily. I mention all four because... Read More each one of them made sure every detail was perfect in an atmosphere of love, joy, and ease. Nicole is a force not to be believed! Her attention to every single aspect of the wedding day is unparalleled, never appearing to be anything but calm, happy to accommodate, and genuinely joyful about her work. The actual physical venue is so beautiful, again with such attention to the smallest details. We were blessed with incredible weather, so the marriage ceremony on the mountaintop was extraordinary! The rehearsal dinner also took place there and was equally well done by their staff! We are so grateful to everyone there and highly, highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Nicole M

I married and had my reception here. We saw about 8 different venues around the upstate. No other venue came close to offering a view to rival the ceremony site. This whole facility is beyond gorgeous. The staff is exceptional as well. Tom and Myra are so sweet. Nicole... Read More absolutely went above and beyond during the whole year of planning. It rained, like down pour, the day of my wedding. Nicole and the rest of the staff was so wonderful in keeping everyone and everything organized. She truly made the best of the situation and kept me clam during all the last minute changes. I would recommend this venue to every engaged couple!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Emily C

We couldn't have imagined a more magical place to begin our forever! The gorgeous natural backdrop for our ceremony provided breathtaking photos featuring the jaw-dropping overlook of Lake Glenville in the background. Our fall ceremony was accented by the beautiful autumnal... Read More scenery and comfortable temperatures that allowed our guests to relax before and during our wedding ceremony. Some of our favorite pictures from that day feature the sun setting behind the ceremony arbor where we said our "I do's". The rustic yet chic reception barn made for a picturesque celebration for all of our friends and family to enjoy! From the open-air dance floor, to the family-style farm tables, and even s'mores at the fire pit, our guests loved every single inch of Sawyer Family Farmstead throughout our reception! We can't say enough wonderful things about the staff! They made us feel like part of the Sawyer family as we planned and celebrated our big day! Nicole Wade is a dream to work with, managing every important detail and family member and eliminating the any stress a bride and groom may feel. We had everything we needed in our respective bridal and groom's cottages to make preparations relaxing and enjoying with our bridal party members. She kept our day to the schedule we created and made sure we got alone time to enjoy o a moment together (with food!) before making our entrance as husband and wife. Everything from our arrival that morning to our sparkler send off was organized, easy, and absolutely perfect! Sawyer Family Farmstead is the BEST backdrop for a magical wedding day that you will treasure for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Katie B

Sawyer Family Farmstead was the perfect place for our wedding day! After my first visit at SFF, I knew this venue was the one for us. The setting and facilities are both beyond gorgeous and the staff is the best! Nicole and her assistants coordinated EVERYTHING, making our... Read More wedding day very enjoyable and relaxing. From the beginning, Nicole was organized, responsive, and excellent to work with. Everything ran so smoothly; we couldn’t have asked for a better experience. My husband and I both agree that there wasn’t a single thing about our day we would have changed or didn’t go as planned. Nicole and her staff are to thank for that! We can’t wait to revisit the farmstead and staff on anniversaries for years to come! Sawyer Family Farmstead holds a special place in our hearts forever.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Megan S

Sawyer Family Farmstead is best in show. From the unbelievable attention to detail to the stunning views, our wedding weekend was everything we hoped for and more. We could not have been happier with our choice. Our guests are still raving about how unique, clean and seamless... Read More the evening turned out to be. We continue to hear comments about how beautiful, fun and wonderfully different our wedding was. Every last detail was accounted for by the Farmstead - from rewiring the dance floor to accommodate our band's electrical needs to moving very heavy pews to the ceremony site to collecting our belongings at the end of the night along with a takeaway dinner, we did not have to worry about a single thing - such a relief when you're in a happy daze! The SFF team made us feel like a King and Queen. Tom, Myra and Nicole are such personable, warm and passionate folks, and we feel so blessed to have them be a part of our special day! A million thanks to you and your staff.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Jacqueline J

WOW! When my husband and I came to tour SFF we had a moment where we both looked at each other and said " We HAVE to get married here!" And believe me, we only loved that decision more and more! Not only is the venue gorgeous, but Nicole and her team are wonderful as well.... Read More From the moment we booked, Nicole helped me get all the best vendors. Throughout the process, she had so many great ideas we incorporated into the wedding. It really helped having someone with so much experience guide me through the process. When we booked with SFF, I knew the wedding was going to be beautiful. But the day of was beyond any expectation my husband and I had. Almost every guest came up to me at some point and said how gorgeous it was. So many said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been too and felt like they were in a fairy tale! I felt like I was in one too!! Thank you so much SFF and Nicole for everything and making our dream come true!!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Kristen C

Nicole and all the Sawyer staff were absolutely amazing during every step of the way of our wedding planning all the way through to the day we said "I Do". We had Nicole as not only our day of coordinator but our wedding planner. She made the whole process so easy on us.... Read More Whenever I got overwhelmed about a certain planning step she would reassure me and help me refocus. I had several family members tell me that they had never worked with such a competent wedding planner. She was so organized and made sure the timeline the day of was kept. I was much more calm on the day of than I expected because of her and the staff continuously checking in on me and updating while I was getting ready. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. I had several of my wedding guests tell me how much they loved it. The natural greenery of the christmas trees, the easy flow of the layout of the property, the lighting of the property at night made it feel magical. To say the least my now husband and I would not change a thing about our wedding day or the planning process. It was worth every penny.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

An absolutely amaizing venue! My daughter, her fiance, and I made the trip to Sawyer last year and could not believe what a gem we had found. Nicole and Myra treated us like family from the moment we toured the farm. Sawyer has a magical, fairy tale like setting with... Read More beautiful views and rustic charm. Nicole was so helpful and accommodating as our wedding planner in every aspect of our wedding We could email, text or call her anytime and she was always helpful with any concerns we might have. The attention to detail and perfection was present throughout the ceremony as well as reception. I give Sawyer a 5+++. If you want to get married in an absolutely romantic and idyllic setting, we recommend you venture to Sawyer. It is like a little piece of heaven nestled in the beautiful mountains of NC!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

I am not even sure I can find the words to express our feelings towards this venue and the entire staff at Sawyer Family Farmstead. From the very beginning through days after the wedding, the advice, support and expertise given by Nicole, and all of the others we worked with,... Read More is nothing short of amazing. Our daughter and her husband had the most incredible wedding on May 21, 2016. When I asked them the day after "now that it is over, is there anything at all you would have changed"...their response "absolutely not, it was perfect." As a mother, those are the best words that could be heard. Thank you to Sawyer's, their dream wedding was fulfilled.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Holly W

My husband & I got married on April 16, 2016 at the Farmstead. We started looking at venues in February 2015 & when we came across Sawyer Family Farmstead we knew instantly that we had found where we wanted to get married! We made a 2.5 hour commute to visit & were welcomed with... Read More open arms. Nicole is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet & her staff were just as awesome! We were fully informed of everything that their venue could accommodate, & were highly pleased. We were even told that arrangements could be made for anything we may would want to do differently. We even used all outside vendors who were not on the given vendor list. Nicole knows exactly what she's doing & is very good at keeping a frazzled bride on track! I can honestly say my day was way more laid back then I would have ever thought & I know it's because of how beautiful the farmstead is & how knowledgable the staff are! I would recommend the farmstead to anyone looking for the PERFECT place to tie the knot!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

From the moment we first visited Sawyers through the entire process of planning to the day of the wedding they were phenomenal. The staff is incredible to work with and do not miss any details, small or large they have it covered. When it comes to planning and décor they have... Read More impeccable taste. Sawyers rank at the top and should be on every Bride and Grooms must see list.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

Wow what a completely lovely venue. The facilities were gorgeous + extremely professional staff. I've never worked a venue in over 10 years with such a co-operative group. Their goal at all times was to make the event the couples BEST DAY EVER !!!! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Megan C

This review is for the brides who would like to know the whole deal before booking with a venue. For starters, Sawyer Family Farmstead was the most beautiful venue that we toured during the venue picking process. My fiancé and I were totally sold when we made the trip up to... Read More the pergola and saw the amazing view. With that being said, as the tour went on it was made clear that the desires of my fiancé and myself were lower on the priority list than taking our money and choosing their preferred vendors. I was made to feel as though the photographer I have chosen was not good enough simply because they had never worked with her before. The entire group that I brought with me felt judged, and we left the venue very upset. Ultimately, I chose not to have my wedding at this location because I could never imagine begin unhappy on my wedding day due to rude comments coming from someone who should be supportive. I hope that others will take this into consideration when looking at this venue and remember that all that glitters is not always gold.

Meet The Events Director

Nicole Wade

Loves people. Loves Weddings. Love the mountains. Nicole has been working directly with weddings at Sawyer Family Farmstead since the beginning and enjoys helping couples make their day perfect. With over 15 year of experience working with events, she believes that each wedding should represent the couple and their love. As a Sawyer Family member, she is 100% invested in making your day the best day ever!