A Timeless Romantic Setting with Magnificent Views

Inspiring – Rustic – Elegant Experience and share the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains with friends and family at our uniquely gorgeous Christmas tree farm that overlooks Lake Glenville. We are not far from Atlanta, Asheville, or Charlotte. We strive to make your day the BEST - DAY - EVER! Let our experienced and award winning staff ensure all the details are accomplished as you and your guests celebrate your day! Everyone will enjoy breath-taking views, warm hospitality, our large porch with rocking chairs and twinkle lights, and being surrounded by the sounds of nature. Put your mind at ease in your planning process with our variety of packages to choose from a our extensive list of recommended vendors. We are here to make your dream day a reality! Call us today!

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Park, Tented

Planning

Serving Western North Carolina, Cashiers, NC (828) 743-5456

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Lauren R

My fiancé and I are avid mountain goers and knew we not only wanted to be in the NC mountains for our wedding, but specifically were searching for a venue with a view that was away from the hustle and bustle of a city/town and would be a fun place for our families & friends to... Read More visit since all of our guests would be out of towners. From the moment we stepped out of the car and took a short golf cart ride to the pergola, we knew it was the place for us. How could we pass up the gorgeous view of Lake Glenville and the Christmas trees?! Seeing all of the photos online and then finally seeing it in person is just breathtaking. The entire property is so well maintained and decorated beautifully and it will truly leave your guests saying “wow!”. The venue also includes so many unique décor items, tables and chairs (for ceremony AND reception), farm tables, and fun painted shabby chic tables that you won’t be able to find at most places unless you rent them from a vendor or purchase yourself. Nicole made the planning process so easy and smooth, was very quick to respond to emails, and had great recommendations for local vendors in the area when we were having a difficult time finding them on our own. Being an event planner myself, I thought I would have a difficult time “letting go” the day of our wedding and separating myself from the setup but Nicole and her team did a phenomenal job of making the day go flawlessly and creating a beautiful ceremony & reception space that was exactly what we had wished for. The only thing I would definitely point out to future brides is to make sure you get the hotel room blocks organized EARLY in your planning because there are only a handful of places that are a few minutes away from the venue. We specifically used Cashiers Village Inn, Laurelwood Inn, and Hampton Inn & Suites and had great feedback from our guests. Also another big point to consider is that all the hotels are (2) night minimums during certain times of the year (we got married on June 6th) so be sure your guests know this information as well. Nicole, Myra, Tom, Chad, (and Maggie!) – Thank you all SO much for making this the most perfect wedding weekend we could have ever imagined and for creating this magical place for everyone to enjoy! You made us and our guests feel at home and we are so excited to visit you guys every year to get a Christmas tree! Thanks again for everything! Lauren

The Perfect Day

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Caitlin B

The only way I can describe our wedding day simply at Sawyer Family Farmstead is "perfect". The Farmstead is a gorgeous venue that you just don't find very often. It was affordable, especially because very little decorations are needed to make it look beautiful. The owners have... Read More done a great job with the landscaping, buildings, and decorations, so it's naturally amazing already. Our decision to have Tasha work with us as our coordinator was one of the best we made. She more than paid for herself with the money she saved us and great vendors she found. I felt at ease because Tasha was available and was knowledgable about every detail that needed to be accomplished. Because I lived about 7 hours away from the Farmstead before the wedding, the planning process could have been extremely stressful. But Tasha stepped in, meeting with vendors, going by the church where our ceremony was held even just to count parking spaces, and making herself available to anything we needed. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and went so smoothly. I would recommend Sawyer Family Farmstead to anyone! Our guests were blown away with how beautiful and fun the atmosphere was.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kailey B

My wedding was absolute PERFECTION!! my hunsband and I were blown away with every detail ! We couldnt have asked for a better wedding coordinator, Nicole! She put everything together and made my dream wedding come to life!! She handled absolutely everything including all the... Read More flowers and decor. She made everything so simple....i sent her pictures and ideas i had for my wedding and she did the rest! she never once said she couldnt do something for me (and believe me im REALLY picky) Thank you Nicole and Myra and to all the staff at SFF for doing such a spectacular job. There wasnt a thing i would have changed (well maybe the dj cuz he didnt play the songs i requested but thats ok, he was a nice guy and we had a blast anyway). Also we went through Randevu for catering and let me tell you something...they are INCREDIBLE...not only mouth watering food, but the most friendliest staff you will ever meet. We had both our rehearsal dinner there and they catered our wedding and i wouldnt of wanted it any other way! We were so lucky to have found them. 5-20-17💜

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Emily C

We couldn't have imagined a more magical place to begin our forever! The gorgeous natural backdrop for our ceremony provided breathtaking photos featuring the jaw-dropping overlook of Lake Glenville in the background. Our fall ceremony was accented by the beautiful autumnal... Read More scenery and comfortable temperatures that allowed our guests to relax before and during our wedding ceremony. Some of our favorite pictures from that day feature the sun setting behind the ceremony arbor where we said our "I do's". The rustic yet chic reception barn made for a picturesque celebration for all of our friends and family to enjoy! From the open-air dance floor, to the family-style farm tables, and even s'mores at the fire pit, our guests loved every single inch of Sawyer Family Farmstead throughout our reception! We can't say enough wonderful things about the staff! They made us feel like part of the Sawyer family as we planned and celebrated our big day! Nicole Wade is a dream to work with, managing every important detail and family member and eliminating the any stress a bride and groom may feel. We had everything we needed in our respective bridal and groom's cottages to make preparations relaxing and enjoying with our bridal party members. She kept our day to the schedule we created and made sure we got alone time to enjoy o a moment together (with food!) before making our entrance as husband and wife. Everything from our arrival that morning to our sparkler send off was organized, easy, and absolutely perfect! Sawyer Family Farmstead is the BEST backdrop for a magical wedding day that you will treasure for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Katie B

Sawyer Family Farmstead was the perfect place for our wedding day! After my first visit at SFF, I knew this venue was the one for us. The setting and facilities are both beyond gorgeous and the staff is the best! Nicole and her assistants coordinated EVERYTHING, making our... Read More wedding day very enjoyable and relaxing. From the beginning, Nicole was organized, responsive, and excellent to work with. Everything ran so smoothly; we couldn’t have asked for a better experience. My husband and I both agree that there wasn’t a single thing about our day we would have changed or didn’t go as planned. Nicole and her staff are to thank for that! We can’t wait to revisit the farmstead and staff on anniversaries for years to come! Sawyer Family Farmstead holds a special place in our hearts forever.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Megan S

Sawyer Family Farmstead is best in show. From the unbelievable attention to detail to the stunning views, our wedding weekend was everything we hoped for and more. We could not have been happier with our choice. Our guests are still raving about how unique, clean and seamless... Read More the evening turned out to be. We continue to hear comments about how beautiful, fun and wonderfully different our wedding was. Every last detail was accounted for by the Farmstead - from rewiring the dance floor to accommodate our band's electrical needs to moving very heavy pews to the ceremony site to collecting our belongings at the end of the night along with a takeaway dinner, we did not have to worry about a single thing - such a relief when you're in a happy daze! The SFF team made us feel like a King and Queen. Tom, Myra and Nicole are such personable, warm and passionate folks, and we feel so blessed to have them be a part of our special day! A million thanks to you and your staff.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Jacqui J

WOW! When my husband and I came to tour SFF we had a moment where we both looked at each other and said " We HAVE to get married here!" And believe me, we only loved that decision more and more! Not only is the venue gorgeous, but Nicole and her team are wonderful as well.... Read More From the moment we booked, Nicole helped me get all the best vendors. Throughout the process, she had so many great ideas we incorporated into the wedding. It really helped having someone with so much experience guide me through the process. When we booked with SFF, I knew the wedding was going to be beautiful. But the day of was beyond any expectation my husband and I had. Almost every guest came up to me at some point and said how gorgeous it was. So many said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been too and felt like they were in a fairy tale! I felt like I was in one too!! Thank you so much SFF and Nicole for everything and making our dream come true!!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Kristen C

Nicole and all the Sawyer staff were absolutely amazing during every step of the way of our wedding planning all the way through to the day we said "I Do". We had Nicole as not only our day of coordinator but our wedding planner. She made the whole process so easy on us.... Read More Whenever I got overwhelmed about a certain planning step she would reassure me and help me refocus. I had several family members tell me that they had never worked with such a competent wedding planner. She was so organized and made sure the timeline the day of was kept. I was much more calm on the day of than I expected because of her and the staff continuously checking in on me and updating while I was getting ready. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. I had several of my wedding guests tell me how much they loved it. The natural greenery of the christmas trees, the easy flow of the layout of the property, the lighting of the property at night made it feel magical. To say the least my now husband and I would not change a thing about our wedding day or the planning process. It was worth every penny.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

An absolutely amaizing venue! My daughter, her fiance, and I made the trip to Sawyer last year and could not believe what a gem we had found. Nicole and Myra treated us like family from the moment we toured the farm. Sawyer has a magical, fairy tale like setting with... Read More beautiful views and rustic charm. Nicole was so helpful and accommodating as our wedding planner in every aspect of our wedding We could email, text or call her anytime and she was always helpful with any concerns we might have. The attention to detail and perfection was present throughout the ceremony as well as reception. I give Sawyer a 5+++. If you want to get married in an absolutely romantic and idyllic setting, we recommend you venture to Sawyer. It is like a little piece of heaven nestled in the beautiful mountains of NC!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

I am not even sure I can find the words to express our feelings towards this venue and the entire staff at Sawyer Family Farmstead. From the very beginning through days after the wedding, the advice, support and expertise given by Nicole, and all of the others we worked with,... Read More is nothing short of amazing. Our daughter and her husband had the most incredible wedding on May 21, 2016. When I asked them the day after "now that it is over, is there anything at all you would have changed"...their response "absolutely not, it was perfect." As a mother, those are the best words that could be heard. Thank you to Sawyer's, their dream wedding was fulfilled.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Holly W

My husband & I got married on April 16, 2016 at the Farmstead. We started looking at venues in February 2015 & when we came across Sawyer Family Farmstead we knew instantly that we had found where we wanted to get married! We made a 2.5 hour commute to visit & were welcomed with... Read More open arms. Nicole is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet & her staff were just as awesome! We were fully informed of everything that their venue could accommodate, & were highly pleased. We were even told that arrangements could be made for anything we may would want to do differently. We even used all outside vendors who were not on the given vendor list. Nicole knows exactly what she's doing & is very good at keeping a frazzled bride on track! I can honestly say my day was way more laid back then I would have ever thought & I know it's because of how beautiful the farmstead is & how knowledgable the staff are! I would recommend the farmstead to anyone looking for the PERFECT place to tie the knot!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

From the moment we first visited Sawyers through the entire process of planning to the day of the wedding they were phenomenal. The staff is incredible to work with and do not miss any details, small or large they have it covered. When it comes to planning and décor they have... Read More impeccable taste. Sawyers rank at the top and should be on every Bride and Grooms must see list.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

Wow what a completely lovely venue. The facilities were gorgeous + extremely professional staff. I've never worked a venue in over 10 years with such a co-operative group. Their goal at all times was to make the event the couples BEST DAY EVER !!!! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Megan C

This review is for the brides who would like to know the whole deal before booking with a venue. For starters, Sawyer Family Farmstead was the most beautiful venue that we toured during the venue picking process. My fiancé and I were totally sold when we made the trip up to... Read More the pergola and saw the amazing view. With that being said, as the tour went on it was made clear that the desires of my fiancé and myself were lower on the priority list than taking our money and choosing their preferred vendors. I was made to feel as though the photographer I have chosen was not good enough simply because they had never worked with her before. The entire group that I brought with me felt judged, and we left the venue very upset. Ultimately, I chose not to have my wedding at this location because I could never imagine begin unhappy on my wedding day due to rude comments coming from someone who should be supportive. I hope that others will take this into consideration when looking at this venue and remember that all that glitters is not always gold.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Masiel C

We just had our wedding here, in September. This venue is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. it has such a great vibe. We are from Miami and were searching for a rustic, elegant, and romantic venue. This place offers all that and more with a spectacular view. We had our... Read More ceremony up on the hill overlooking the lake and mountains, and our reception at the barn,every inch of this place is jaw dropping. Aside from the amazing location, I think one of the greatest assets this venue has to offer is the Coordinator. She is just fantastic. The whole team is really fantastic. Nicole is there from start to finish to make sure everything runs smoothly for both you and your guests. I'm glad I had Nicole to help us plan our wedding, she made the whole process much easier, and I planned an out of state wedding. But all her recommendations were great. My guests are still talking about my wedding venue and how stunning the whole day was. There are truly no words to describe the beauty of this place. Would deff recommend this venue to everyone.

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Amy C

Our guests were blown away by the venue. The tree farm gives such a lush green setting with the rolling hills and lake in the background. We loved that the ceremony and reception venue were on the same location. Our guests just loved exploring the venue and getting to spend a... Read More weekend getaway in the mountains. The new bridal cottage was so fun to try and relax and get ready for the day with my bridesmaids. The groomsmen cottage was a great place for the guys to hang out before the wedding. Overall, the venue has so much to offer for you and your guests!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Jessica J

Nicole and everyone at Sawyer was absolutely wonderful! All of our wedding guests told us how beautiful the venue was and how much they loved the view! Nicole was amazing at helping us out before the wedding with finding local vendors, providing advise, and getting us to the big... Read More day. On our wedding day she or someone else was always there to help out and direct our guests where to go. Sawyer made our wedding day absolutely perfect from both the amazing view and their service. Thank you Nicole, Myra, Tom and everyone else who helped!!

The Best

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Katie

What a wonderful place full of wonderful people. We had the excellent pleasure of working with Nicole, Tom, and Myra on our wedding back in May. They were incredibly helpful and offered as much or as little help as we needed. On the day of the wedding, they made the day work... Read More like a well-oiled machine. We were privileged to not only get married at such a beautiful venue, but we were blessed by their care and attention. During the wedding planning process, Nicole provided contacts to vendors that fit our budget when we needed them, and they took time to check on us as we got closer and closer to the wedding. I felt such comfort and ease working with this venue and would highly recommend it for other brides to be. Not only is it beautiful, but it is full of people who genuinely care.

Fairy Tale Come True

Reviewed on 6/07/2014 Jennifer B

I grew up in Glenville, NC and moved away. When I got in engaged, I knew that I needed to come home for the most beautiful venue. Upon my arrival, I was instantly blown away. The views were breathtaking and Myra was so accommodating! She showed me around the property and the... Read More more she showed me, the more I fell in love! It felt like a secret garden oasis with a rustic atmosphere. This venue really spoke to me because it had a relaxing feel to it and I knew my wedding guests would not only feel at home, but feel relaxed. I felt like they could truly enjoy themselves. There is so much to offer them from a fire pit to a pond to rocking chairs overlooking the lake. I've come home and it feels like a fairy tale come true.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/31/2014 Michelle B

It was always my dream to have my wedding here. Every employee, especially Nicole went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly for our big day. Amazing and beautiful venue. I highly recommend this place. You wont be disappointed.

Magical Mountain Wedding

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Darlene R

My daughter recently had her wedding at Sawyer and I have to say her wedding day was everything we dreamed and then some! The location of this venue is in the NC mountains with a view that will take your breath away! We had an outdoor wedding with the Blue Ridge Mountains as our... Read More backdrop! Every guest was in awe of how spectacular the scenery was! Since this venue is located on an actual Christmas Tree farm the scenery surrounding us was beautiful as well. Loads of trees and beautiful grounds as well! After the ceremony at the outdoor pergola we retreated to the big barn type venue to enjoy our cocktails and appetizers on a beautiful wooden deck complete with rocking chairs and a smore fire pit ready to fire up the smores for the guests! The atmosphere was laid back and since we were in the mountains the temperatures were heavenly! We did have rain off and on all morning and worried we could not do our outdoor ceremony, but thank the Lord the rain not only held off but the sun finally came out too! One of the reasons we chose Sawyers was because they had a contingency plan in case it did rain so that our event would have gone on as planned rain or shine! The barn for the reception was amazing! It has lots of wood all around it and a very big dance floor and a patio that is covered which can open up to the reception and the beautiful outside! We had a great photo booth and a great game of corn hole for our guests to enjoy! They have these amazing vine orbs that have white lights around them hanging from the ceiling which gives the room this wonderful rustic but warm feel as well!! Now let me tell you about the amazing people who own and run this wonderful facility! Myra & Tom Sawyer along with their son and daughter in law Nicole are there every step of the way to help you not only plan but execute the wedding you envision! Myra has quite an eye for detain and will make your room look romantic and cozy all at the same time! She went out of her way for my family throughout our process. Nicole Wade her daughter in law was our go to planner for our wedding and I must tell you that once she took over our wedding she took care of every single detail you could imagine! Any time I had a question or concern she would respond immediately and we would either figure it out together or she would fix it for me! She made our day feel so special and took care of the smallest of details! I felt so relaxed that day because I knew she would be able to fix anything we needed or wanted! She was my lifesaver and I could not have gotten through this day with out her and Myra & Tom!! This venue and location was breathtaking and I would recommend it to anyone! It was a very special place and when it was all put together it just took my breath away! If the mountains are where you want to be surrounded by natural beauty then Sawyer Family Farmstand is the place you need to be! You will not be disappointed....I promise!

Excellent Venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Meagan G

Everyone here was absolutely wonderful. Very nice and extremely helpful!

Awesome Venue!

Reviewed on 6/23/2013 Adam G

We had a beautiful wedding at the farm. Everyone had a great time and had only good things to say about the ceremony and reception. Our wedding coordinator, Tasha, was a huge help and she made sure everything ran smoothly. She set us up with all the best vendors and will... Read More negotiate the best price for you. I highly recommend this venue and Tasha as a planner.

Kevin & Jessica

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Jessica E

Amazing Venue, everything was perfect!

Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Katie R

I had the best wedding experience at Saywer Family Farmstead. Tasha was AMAZING with coming up with ideas from me and working with what I wanted. The whole staff made the place look beautiful. Cost was great! I would do everything the same if I had to do it again!

Meet The Events Director

Nicole Wade

Loves people. Loves Weddings. Love the mountains. Nicole has been working directly with weddings at Sawyer Family Farmstead since the beginning and enjoys helping couples make their day perfect. With over 15 year of experience working with events, she believes that each wedding should represent the couple and their love. As a Sawyer Family member, she is 100% invested in making your day the best day ever!