Saxon Manor Weddings & the Shabby Chic Barn

Brooksville, FL

Book Your Wedding with Saxon Manor Weddings & the Shabby Chic Barn

A BACKYARD IN BROOKSVILLE, FL

The Saxon Manor Wedding Venue and Shabby Chic Wedding Barn is a private estate located just 45 minutes from Tampa in historic Brooksville, Florida. It offers couples beautiful and classically elegant grounds for a luxurious setting for both a wedding ceremony and reception. Acres of well-kept green lawns and tall oak trees draped by Spanish moss await you as you walk down the aisle under the shade of one of the large oaks. The manor in the distance sets the stage for a wedding full of romance and tradition.

The Shabby Chic Barn. Say "I do" in front of the shabby, rustic barn on the property. This is also the ideal location for your reception, offering rustic romance and intimacy with a combination of the traditional barn architecture and elegant decor. The room has a wall of sliding doors to create an airy, inviting space while remaining cozy for you and your guests.

Garden Room. This location at the venue features a fully furnished Bridal Cottage. This cottage includes a dressing room, living room with hair and makeup area and dining area.

Manor lawn. Host your ceremony on the massive lawn and then following the ceremony, couples and their guests can move to the patio for cocktails while having photos taken in front of the Victorian Saxon Manor House. The dinner reception takes place in the climate-controlled Garden Room.

When planning your ceremony at the Saxon Manor, please keep in mind the maximum number of guests for the indoor and outdoor ceremonies and the reception is 150. There are time restrictions, which include setup time beginning at 10 a.m. and your event must end by 2 a.m.

There are rental fees for booking the venue for a wedding ceremony and reception. These fees include five hours of event time, excluding the time needed for setup and cleanup. The rental fee also includes catering. Additional hours can be arranged and there is a refundable security deposit. There is no rice, birdseed or confetti allowed and amplified music can be used both inside and outside of the venue. All food, beverages and alcohol have to be handled by the venue staff.

In addition to a beautiful setting, couples find this venue offers a number of extra perks and features, which include:

• Event coordination
  • Votive candles
  • Day-of, on-site manager
  • Full kitchen facilities
  • Large parking lot
  • DJ, photographer and photo booth included

Saxon Manor Weddings & Shabby Chic Barn

Saxon Manor offers two unique and beautiful venues for your wedding. You can have your ceremony on the manor house lawn with cocktails and reception in our elegant, glass Garden Room. Our new Shabby Chic barn is set on 10 wooded acres. Your ceremony takes place under a majestic oak with cocktails and reception in the barn.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue, Park

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

200 S. Saxon Ave., Brooksville, FL (813) 909-3414

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Amy P

My parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary with the fine folks of Saxon Manor on May 7th, 2016. They renewed their vows outside by the ferns and then celebrated with an awesome reception inside the Garden Room. Everything was beautiful and above expectations. Not only... Read More was my family amazed by it all, all of the guests raved about the venue, the staff, the food and the ambiance. Every detail was taken care of and the staff saw to all of our needs, from getting us appetizers/drinks while we took photos, to placing purses by the seats and even fetching and storing shoes from the bridal suite. We were waited on hand and foot! (literally) All of this magic started before the big day. During the planning process both Dorothea and Angela were available to answer questions, address concerns and make fabulous recommendations. They took all of the guess work out of planning such an event and allowed us to enjoy it instead of stress over it. If you are looking for a stress-free event, then look no further. This is your place. It's worth the drive!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Caitlin D

We just had our wedding in the Garden Room on 3/26/16, and I could not have imagined a more beautiful day. The staff was absolutely amazing! They were so attentive to our every need- they never missed a beat! A special thank you to Angela our wedding coordinator.. Our day went... Read More so smoothly because of you. Thank you to Dorthea & the rest of the Saxon Manor Staff for making our wedding day so memorable and unforgettable for all of our friends & family. We HIGHLY recommend Saxon Manor as a gorgeous, well put together wedding package & venue that makes wedding planning easy & enjoyable.

2016-04-01T13:45:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We loved being a part of your wedding day.

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Ashley D

My (now) husband and I had been together for ten years with two children together by the time we were finally able to afford to have the wedding we had been saving for and deserved. I had my eye on Saxon Manor as our venue for a few years before I actually started planning our... Read More wedding. The venue seemed perfect for our rustic vibe and we put down our deposit of $1500 to secure our date. $500 was for securing it with the venue, and $1000 was for securing the vendors. Fast forward a year later, about a month and a half before the date of our wedding. I reached out to Dorothea, the wedding coordinator and owner, by Facebook and then phone explaining that my (then) fiance had just lost his job, I was facing health issues, and we weren't sure what to do because we could no longer afford to have our wedding there. I was able to see that Dorothea read my message the same day I sent it, but a week went by and I did not hear back from her at all. Another week went by and we had to book a different venue since our wedding was a month away and I had not heard back. Saxon Manor posted that our date was now available on their Facebook but I still did not receive a reply. She finally called and offered some ways to cut the budget, but by that time we had already booked with a new venue. Although I know we signed a contract, Saxon Manor did not refund a single penny from our deposit, despite knowing our situation. We contacted the vendors we booked through Saxon Manor also explaining the situation to see if they could apply some of the vendor deposits we paid towards the balance so that we could still use them and not lose out on our deposit (we paid $1000 split between 4-5 vendors as a deposit)... Each one said no except Cupcake Heaven. No one was willing to work with us. I was and am extremely disappointed in how I was treated. The staff and vendors have NO contact with the brides until like a month before the wedding. That's not how planning should be. The vendors/coordinator should be involved and helping you plan each step of the way. There are other venues in Brooksville and nearby areas where I feel that you get more for your money...

2016-04-30T07:55:07 Response from the vendor

We're very sorry for your unfortunate circumstances. Your signed contract clearly states that deposits are non refundable. We held your date in good faith for over a year. Our staff and your vendors rely on our bookings for their income. In the year we held... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Haley Q

i did not end up booking Saxon Manor for my event because of the owner. Dorothea lacks personable, business, and professionalism skills. We met with her on a Wednesday and although she showed no emotion or excitement, we liked the venue itself and made an appointment for the... Read More immediately following Sunday to bring our parents and books for our wedding day. When we got there she had no idea who we were, it had only been 3 days and she could not remember she had just met with us. So again we went on the same emotionless tour, with her acting as if we were a new couple disputed my attempts to jog her memory. When it came time to sign, I was putting together the package we wanted and negotiating for the price we thought was fair. I'm in the wedding industry and know the cost of vendors, I understand kickbacks when a venue provides an all inclusive package like Saxon Manor. However, while researching the vendors you have to choose from, the quality is poor for the price they charge. So we wanted to bring in a few of our own that were important, which they say they allow and they will take an amount off the package. Don't expect it to be much, obviously they want you to use theirs which I get but what they offer to take off is almost a joke. Dorothea reacted as if nobody ever negotiated with her, she kept leaving the room to call her husband and finally came back in saying it was too much for her and she couldn't handle it. My family and I are very nice people and we were trying to keep the mood light but also wanted a good price, we were even compromising and said we would meet in the middle. After she said she couldn't handle it, I was shocked. If you can't handle contract negotiation then how can you handle planning my wedding? So we left, when booking your wedding venue you want someone inviting and excited to host such a special day. I would say keep looking if you want a more tailored and enthusiastic experience.

future bride

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 heather a

I attended a wedding at Saxon manor earlier this year and it was absolutely beautiful. When I got engaged in February Saxon manor was in my mind but wasn't exactly the style I was looking for. Then I learned that Saxon manor would be building a barn. I immediately made an... Read More appointment to talk with the staff. The barn is exactly what I was looking for. I booked without the barn being build yet but after seeing how beautiful the manor is restored I know I have nothing to worry about. The staff was polite and answered all of my questions and even walked me down to where the barn would be. I loved that they had different packages to choose from, I went with the all inclusive one. Very good pricing and way less stress than doing everything yourself. I can't wait to get married at Saxon manor.