Your Wedding Musically Curated by DJ Trumastr

DJ Trumastr not only applies his impressively expansive knowledge and understanding of music in his turntablism and work; he also thinks about music in a clever and unique way, personally handpicking each song for every wedding in order to create the ideal soundtrack, tailored to each individual couple’s vision. Each wedding package begins with a conversation. What do you envision for your perfect day? Working together to guide the musical direction for each celebration is a vital part of the process of working with DJ Trumastr. Connecting with clients on a personal level through music in order to help curate a perfect soundtrack is Tru’s MO. *** Please Note, There are limited dates. For availability please visit SayiTru.com ***

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

201 Park Ave , Albany, NY Tri-State Area (518) 364-0297

Best DJ ever!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 samantha c

DJ Trumastr was amazing at my wedding. I gave him little direction on what to play and he was amazing at reading the crowd and playing a great mixture of music for everyone to enjoy. We had family, friends, old and young all dancing together. I could not have asked for a... Read More better DJ, he was perfect. I highly recommend him as a DJ for a wedding or any event!

2016-08-16T17:04:50 Response from the vendor

You guys were my 1st wedding ever and I'm truly grateful. And to end it with Wu-Tang's "Triumph?" Just wow!!!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2018 Robert R

I cannot say enough about DJ Tru, he's a extremely talented DJ but also someone who is able to read a crowd and deliver exactly what they want, the energy and excitement at our wedding was in large part DJ Tru's crafting - he killed it. After meeting us and learning I was from... Read More New Zealand he was already throwing names of local NZ bands at me, which he later played some at our wedding in....New York - it was like being home again. The fact that he knew a range of bands from NZ and then was able to put them into a larger set that all blended and worked perfectly is indicative of how suave this gentlemen is. From the ceremony, reception, first dances, announcements, speeches and partying - he did it all and it was classy af. I would go as far to say that if you don't us DJ Tru you are not giving your wedding the justice it deserves.

Reviewed on 2/09/2018 Lindsey M

All of our guests (even the older, hard to please people) said they had an absolute blast at our reception. I accredit most of that to DJ Tru! He played my sister's wedding and I knew we had to have him. He was so popular even my friend booked him for her wedding a year later!... Read More Great taste in music, and willing to accommodate.

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Greg K

True was fantastic! Our friends and family could not stop talking about how fantastic the music was. Our guests had lots of differing taste and True managed to get everyone on the dance floor. But aside from the music he did a great job keeping the night moving and was super... Read More attentive. My best man mentioned a song in his toast and True had it ready to play when the toast was finished. He did our ceremony as well and was so good with the kids who did a reading on mic. The best wedding DJ ever!!!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Sarah Jane M

We were incredibly lucky to have True at our wedding, especially given we got engaged and planned it all in less than two months! He knew exactly what to play and when given the little bit of direction I had given him. Being two people who hate attention, True was spot on as to... Read More when to get us in the right moment and make it our day. Everyone danced and everyone is still talking about what an amazing time was had and how incredible our DJ was! And my Mom, which this meant a lot to, he made her feel especially amazing and for that I am eternally grateful!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018

We were so lucky to get Tru for our New Years Eve Wedding at Key Hall. We booked him over a year in advance and It was the best decision ever. He was delightful to work with, a true professional. He listened to our preferences, helped when I was indecisive, & had the dance... Read More floor PACKED all night long. If I had to do it all again I would hire him again in a second. He very skillfully executed a big celebration at midnight to include a balloon drop and a live ball drop projection. His prices are reasonable and you will get your moneys worth with Tru. One of the best DJ's around!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Laurence D

We had a 2 year engagement but the first thing we did was book our DJ! Truemaster was recommended to us by a good friend and we couldn’t have made a better choice. We did talk prior to the wedding about the style of music and what we were looking for and after speaking with him... Read More we knew he would play exactly what we wanted and he kept the party going until the last possible minute. Turns out my email to him regarding our playlist somehow never got sent and I only realized this a couple weeks after the wedding while texting with him. He was somehow able to make sure every song I wanted was played and I still don’t know how he knew the songs I chose but he did! We at least had a good laugh about it afterwards. It was such a good time and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves on the dance floor thanks to our awesome DJ. It was so enjoyable working with Truemaster he made everything so easy. He has such a great way about him, he is the perfect addition to any wedding or party!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Alison W

Tru was the first vendor we booked after hearing nothing but great things about him from friends and colleagues who had used him at their weddings, and it was definitely the right choice! We had a non traditional venue and didn't do any of the usual things that keep the night... Read More flowing (official entrance, first dance, cake cutting, etc.) but Tru kept it moving and everything worked out perfectly. We also didn't provide him with a ton of "must play" songs and he did an amazing job curating the playlist in a way that got both my friends and my parents friends out on the dance floor. My dad loved him and was front and center all night! I highly recommend booking Tru! Definitely a professional and was integral to our wedding being as fun as it was.

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Andrew L

My wife and I had the privilege of having DJ Tru host our wedding back in October. His reto-style turntables and classic attire gave our venue the perfect touch of class. The song choices and the energy that DJ Tru gave off had the dance floor full all night. Even the... Read More bartenders wouldn’t stop dancing! We had tons of comments from our friends and family expressing how much fun they had dancing. A tip of the hat to you sir! (get it?) Tru was very easy to work with throughout the whole process. After our initial meeting together my wife and I never doubted our choice. DJ Tru was professional, knowledgeable, and provided a stress free process, a Tru class act. Thank you so much for creating an amazing experience for our new family. We feel like we have made a friend in the process and can’t wait to see where we bump into you next in the Capital Region!

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Joanne S

DJ Tru is a great guy, very professional and easy to work with. Of course he knows music and will help you with suggestions or suprise you with a song from a band you told him you love, in passing!! His song intros, teases, are gold!! Hire him, you won’t be disappointed!❤️🎼

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Sarah H

When our friends got married we had the pleasure experiencing how DJ Trumastr brought the party to life, so when it came time to figure out music for our wedding, there was no other choice! We had a Harry Potter inspired wedding and, Tru, I mean "DJ Potter" pulled it all... Read More together and made our night truly magical. He effortlessly mixed all of our favorite genres together, with a touch of magic during cocktail hour and in between to bring our theme to life. He even went above and beyond to work with us to create a custom tune we could walk down the isle to. Our guests had such an incredible time, the dance floor was full until the very end. Even a few months later our friends and family are still talking about the amazing time they had and how phenomenal our music was. If you are looking for a DJ for any event, I have no doubt that tru will exceed all of your expectations. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Riley P

DJ Tru is absolutely the best! He knew how to keep everyone on the dance floor for the entire night! Everyone was talking about him days later on how amazing he was. Not once was the dance floor empty, he was great and we cannot thank him enough for making the best day of our... Read More lives even better!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Kaitlyn D

PERFECTION. Literally, I cannot say enough about this man, he is truly the BEST! Not only at his skills and professionalism, but as a human being- if you are looking for a DJ, look no further!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Justin H

Let me start by stating, I don’t usually dance to anything but the ‘slow’ songs. I have never danced as much as I did at my wedding because of True, to fast songs and to slow songs! I didn’t just dance with my beautiful bride either, I danced with EVERYONE. And it wasn’t just... Read More me - everyone was out of their seats and dancing, the entire night!!! It was so much fun. DJ Trumastr came highly recommended, and from the second we met with him during the planning stages we knew he was the DJ for us. He was so accommodating to our questions and requests throughout the entire process. He is truly a professional and passionate about what he does, and it shows. Day of, he was wonderful. Transitions between songs were seamless, there was music for everyone from ages 21-96 years old. It was mixed perfectly and everyone has continued to tell us how much fun they had and how impressed they were by the music and by True. It wasn’t just about the music though…True was charismatic, sincere, knowledgeable, fun, and knew how to read the crowd. Nobody wanted that party to stop and it was in large part, if not completely, because of him. My only complaint is that we are only getting married once... I’ll have to think of another reason in the future to ask him to DJ. I can’t imagine having our wedding without him there. If you’re looking for a DJ for any event at all, I have no doubt DJ Trumastr will exceed even the highest of expectations and the event will be a huge success. Book him right now!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Caitlyn H

I knew I had to have Tru as our wedding DJ when I saw him perform at a bridal show almost 2 years before our wedding! Book him quickly or you will have regrets, this guy is the real deal. He has an expansive knowledge of all types of music, and does all of the mixing himself...... Read More No shuffling through an iPod here. Tru is a professional, down to earth guy who wants to get to know you and your music tastes in order to create the perfect vibe for your night. He had his own up-lighting, back up equipment, and seamlessly moved his gear to different areas of our venue. Most importantly, he had everyone dancing All Night Long! Even the people that never dance will end up on the dance floor. Tru creates a party that is not easily forgotten, and I would recommend him for any event. Thanks again, Tru, much love!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Jen G

I wish I could give Tru 10 Stars! He is truly the best DJ we have ever heard. He is extremely kind and professional. He really listens to what you want and makes it happen. He even got my now husband on the dance floor and he never dances. Our guests raved about the music and... Read More were on the dance floor all night. I highly recommend Tru. We are so happy he was with us for our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Kirk T

DJ Trumastr is just that: a TRUE MASTER! I have never seen so many people dancing for so long at a wedding. He knows who to create the perfect atmosphere with his music selection; he can read a room and react accordingly to ensure that everything fits the situation. His style is... Read More impeccable and professional. From our first conversation to when he started playing the last song, I knew we had made the perfect choice for our wedding. My wife and I have such an eclectic group of friends and family, but he cultivated a fitting playlist, and helped make our night one of the best in our lives. Thank you so much. You Tru-ly can't go wrong selecting him for your entertainment needs.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Erica B

Dj tru is the BEST!!!! He maxe our special day even more special!!! We are some Dancin folksand he made sure we didnt stop the whole night! He read the crowd great and there wasnt a single somg that made us think ughh why would he play that. Everything was on point and I highly... Read More recommend him!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 M B

DJ Trumastr was very pleasant and easygoing. We would recommend anyone to use him for any event, party or wedding. He was extremely professional and extremely knowledgeable about music. He brought some great lights that helped to enhance the dance floor and he fit in perfectly... Read More with our friends and family at the wedding. DJ Trumastr definitely helped make our big day very special.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Jenn B

When David and I became engaged, we knew that one of the first things we had to do was book DJ Trumastr, not "just" a DJ, because regardless of what would happen at the wedding, the event would flow with ease. He understood our music tastes, read the crowd the night of, and... Read More certainly made it a night we will never forget. Our guests had SUCH a good time, no one even noticed my standing at his booth, listening to the song to make sure I had the cues. Thank you. Love! - Jenn and David.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 John T

We made sure to book Tru over a year in advance. This was a must for us as he is the guy. He was super professional with countless options and very easy to work with. Who would have thought that picking songs could be difficult? When we were struggling, he offered up advice... Read More from his vast experience that fit perfectly into our theme. If I had to do this again, I would book him TWO years in advance. Don't get stuck with a bad DJ. They are the hosts of the night and the ones to set off/keep people interested in each part of your wedding. He has definitely mastered this. Thanks again Tru. You killed it!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Courtney S

I can't say enough wonderful things about Tru! He is so knowledgeable about music and the audience he is playing for! To top it off he is just a wonderful person! People haven't stopped talking about the music and non stop dance party since our wedding. He brought so much joy to... Read More our day and memories that will last a lifetime! 9.9.17

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Courtney S

True was an absolute pleasure to work with! He was incredibly patient and knowledgeable, not to mention just such a nice guy. We even had some crazy weather to deal with, including a power outage, and he was great through it all. Even our guests kept saying how wonderful True... Read More was and how they were so glad we hired him! If you're looking for a great DJ, he's your guy!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Danielle H

We can't express how lucky we were to have DJ Trumastr as are DJ. We would recommend anyone to use him for any event, party or wedding. He was extremely professional and extremely knowledgeable about music. We put complete trust in him with minmal instruction on what to play... Read More and he nailed it. He fed off the crowd and seemed to no exactly what to play at the exact moment to keep everyone on there feet. His transition from song to song was amazing unlike anyother DJ we have ever heard. Out of all the DJ s we talked to before our wedding we got a real good feeling about DJ trumastr . Not to knock anybody but he just felt the most passionate the most sincere the most knowledgeable genuine DJ we met and boy we were right. 4 days later we are still getting complents. If we were to do it all over again we wouldn't change a thing . We wanna thank DJ trumastr for being part of an experience we will never forget. Thankyou so very much Danielle and Greg

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Michael T

Tru is simply the best wedding DJ around. He customized our wedding package, downloading obscure instrumentals we requested, and was ready at moment's notice when we had any questions. He brought extra lights that he set up because he wanted the sweetheart table looking... Read More amazing! He had 2 separate locations set up, and executed all the ceremony music FLAWLESSLY. Now, all that aside, the actual music during the reception was customized based on the package we chose and a handful of songs ...this worked out perfectly, Tru basically created our own Spotify channel live in person, and not only that, but his actual DJ'ing skills are INCREDIBLE!! Our whole wedding reception was a jam packed dance floor from start to finish, and my knees are still recovering from all the Popping, Locking, and Dropping I couldn't help but do!! Do yourself a favor, and listen up - I'm in a wedding band, and i hired Tru instead of a band because he has the ability to create an atmosphere that is exuberant and electric, uplifting and energetic, like a swarm of honey bees chasing a pack of rabbits. We all danced harder than we ever thought. We smiled through every song, and laughed so hard we spit out our drinks. Tru is a master at his craft, and will show you the utmost respect for your wedding wishes. Respect his craft, and he'll make those wishes come Tru.

Truemaster Trimingham

DJ Trumastr is an international touring DJ based out of Albany, New York. Infused with a rich knowledge of music, this creative innovator spins infectious blends that transcend both cultural and generational boundaries. Although mostly inspired by the classic sounds of Jazz, Funk, Hip Hop, R&B and Soul, DJ Trumastr’s skill on the decks knows no limit. A master of versatility, this DJ/producer can rock any party from small private events, weddings to the big stage.