Your Wedding Musically Curated by DJ Trumastr

DJ Trumastr not only applies his impressively expansive knowledge and understanding of music in his turntablism and work; he also thinks about music in a clever and unique way, personally handpicking each song for every wedding in order to create the ideal soundtrack, tailored to each individual couple’s vision. Each wedding package begins with a conversation. What do you envision for your perfect day? Working together to guide the musical direction for each celebration is a vital part of the process of working with DJ Trumastr. Connecting with clients on a personal level through music in order to help curate a perfect soundtrack is Tru’s MO. *** Please Note, There are limited dates. For availability please visit SayiTru.com ***

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Indian, Latin, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

201 Park Ave , Albany, NY Tri-State Area (518) 364-0297

Best DJ ever!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 samantha c

DJ Trumastr was amazing at my wedding. I gave him little direction on what to play and he was amazing at reading the crowd and playing a great mixture of music for everyone to enjoy. We had family, friends, old and young all dancing together. I could not have asked for a... Read More better DJ, he was perfect. I highly recommend him as a DJ for a wedding or any event!

2016-08-16T17:04:50 Response from the vendor

You guys were my 1st wedding ever and I'm truly grateful. And to end it with Wu-Tang's "Triumph?" Just wow!!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Sarah H

When our friends got married we had the pleasure experiencing how DJ Trumastr brought the party to life, so when it came time to figure out music for our wedding, there was no other choice! We had a Harry Potter inspired wedding and, Tru, I mean "DJ Potter" pulled it all... Read More together and made our night truly magical. He effortlessly mixed all of our favorite genres together, with a touch of magic during cocktail hour and in between to bring our theme to life. He even went above and beyond to work with us to create a custom tune we could walk down the isle to. Our guests had such an incredible time, the dance floor was full until the very end. Even a few months later our friends and family are still talking about the amazing time they had and how phenomenal our music was. If you are looking for a DJ for any event, I have no doubt that tru will exceed all of your expectations. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Riley P

DJ Tru is absolutely the best! He knew how to keep everyone on the dance floor for the entire night! Everyone was talking about him days later on how amazing he was. Not once was the dance floor empty, he was great and we cannot thank him enough for making the best day of our... Read More lives even better!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Kaitlyn D

PERFECTION. Literally, I cannot say enough about this man, he is truly the BEST! Not only at his skills and professionalism, but as a human being- if you are looking for a DJ, look no further!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Justin H

Let me start by stating, I don’t usually dance to anything but the ‘slow’ songs. I have never danced as much as I did at my wedding because of True, to fast songs and to slow songs! I didn’t just dance with my beautiful bride either, I danced with EVERYONE. And it wasn’t just... Read More me - everyone was out of their seats and dancing, the entire night!!! It was so much fun. DJ Trumastr came highly recommended, and from the second we met with him during the planning stages we knew he was the DJ for us. He was so accommodating to our questions and requests throughout the entire process. He is truly a professional and passionate about what he does, and it shows. Day of, he was wonderful. Transitions between songs were seamless, there was music for everyone from ages 21-96 years old. It was mixed perfectly and everyone has continued to tell us how much fun they had and how impressed they were by the music and by True. It wasn’t just about the music though…True was charismatic, sincere, knowledgeable, fun, and knew how to read the crowd. Nobody wanted that party to stop and it was in large part, if not completely, because of him. My only complaint is that we are only getting married once... I’ll have to think of another reason in the future to ask him to DJ. I can’t imagine having our wedding without him there. If you’re looking for a DJ for any event at all, I have no doubt DJ Trumastr will exceed even the highest of expectations and the event will be a huge success. Book him right now!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Caitlyn H

I knew I had to have Tru as our wedding DJ when I saw him perform at a bridal show almost 2 years before our wedding! Book him quickly or you will have regrets, this guy is the real deal. He has an expansive knowledge of all types of music, and does all of the mixing himself...... Read More No shuffling through an iPod here. Tru is a professional, down to earth guy who wants to get to know you and your music tastes in order to create the perfect vibe for your night. He had his own up-lighting, back up equipment, and seamlessly moved his gear to different areas of our venue. Most importantly, he had everyone dancing All Night Long! Even the people that never dance will end up on the dance floor. Tru creates a party that is not easily forgotten, and I would recommend him for any event. Thanks again, Tru, much love!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Jen G

I wish I could give Tru 10 Stars! He is truly the best DJ we have ever heard. He is extremely kind and professional. He really listens to what you want and makes it happen. He even got my now husband on the dance floor and he never dances. Our guests raved about the music and... Read More were on the dance floor all night. I highly recommend Tru. We are so happy he was with us for our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Kirk T

DJ Trumastr is just that: a TRUE MASTER! I have never seen so many people dancing for so long at a wedding. He knows who to create the perfect atmosphere with his music selection; he can read a room and react accordingly to ensure that everything fits the situation. His style is... Read More impeccable and professional. From our first conversation to when he started playing the last song, I knew we had made the perfect choice for our wedding. My wife and I have such an eclectic group of friends and family, but he cultivated a fitting playlist, and helped make our night one of the best in our lives. Thank you so much. You Tru-ly can't go wrong selecting him for your entertainment needs.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Erica B

Dj tru is the BEST!!!! He maxe our special day even more special!!! We are some Dancin folksand he made sure we didnt stop the whole night! He read the crowd great and there wasnt a single somg that made us think ughh why would he play that. Everything was on point and I highly... Read More recommend him!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 M B

DJ Trumastr was very pleasant and easygoing. We would recommend anyone to use him for any event, party or wedding. He was extremely professional and extremely knowledgeable about music. He brought some great lights that helped to enhance the dance floor and he fit in perfectly... Read More with our friends and family at the wedding. DJ Trumastr definitely helped make our big day very special.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Jenn B

When David and I became engaged, we knew that one of the first things we had to do was book DJ Trumastr, not "just" a DJ, because regardless of what would happen at the wedding, the event would flow with ease. He understood our music tastes, read the crowd the night of, and... Read More certainly made it a night we will never forget. Our guests had SUCH a good time, no one even noticed my standing at his booth, listening to the song to make sure I had the cues. Thank you. Love! - Jenn and David.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 John T

We made sure to book Tru over a year in advance. This was a must for us as he is the guy. He was super professional with countless options and very easy to work with. Who would have thought that picking songs could be difficult? When we were struggling, he offered up advice... Read More from his vast experience that fit perfectly into our theme. If I had to do this again, I would book him TWO years in advance. Don't get stuck with a bad DJ. They are the hosts of the night and the ones to set off/keep people interested in each part of your wedding. He has definitely mastered this. Thanks again Tru. You killed it!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Courtney S

I can't say enough wonderful things about Tru! He is so knowledgeable about music and the audience he is playing for! To top it off he is just a wonderful person! People haven't stopped talking about the music and non stop dance party since our wedding. He brought so much joy to... Read More our day and memories that will last a lifetime! 9.9.17

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Courtney S

True was an absolute pleasure to work with! He was incredibly patient and knowledgeable, not to mention just such a nice guy. We even had some crazy weather to deal with, including a power outage, and he was great through it all. Even our guests kept saying how wonderful True... Read More was and how they were so glad we hired him! If you're looking for a great DJ, he's your guy!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Danielle H

We can't express how lucky we were to have DJ Trumastr as are DJ. We would recommend anyone to use him for any event, party or wedding. He was extremely professional and extremely knowledgeable about music. We put complete trust in him with minmal instruction on what to play... Read More and he nailed it. He fed off the crowd and seemed to no exactly what to play at the exact moment to keep everyone on there feet. His transition from song to song was amazing unlike anyother DJ we have ever heard. Out of all the DJ s we talked to before our wedding we got a real good feeling about DJ trumastr . Not to knock anybody but he just felt the most passionate the most sincere the most knowledgeable genuine DJ we met and boy we were right. 4 days later we are still getting complents. If we were to do it all over again we wouldn't change a thing . We wanna thank DJ trumastr for being part of an experience we will never forget. Thankyou so very much Danielle and Greg

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Michael T

Tru is simply the best wedding DJ around. He customized our wedding package, downloading obscure instrumentals we requested, and was ready at moment's notice when we had any questions. He brought extra lights that he set up because he wanted the sweetheart table looking... Read More amazing! He had 2 separate locations set up, and executed all the ceremony music FLAWLESSLY. Now, all that aside, the actual music during the reception was customized based on the package we chose and a handful of songs ...this worked out perfectly, Tru basically created our own Spotify channel live in person, and not only that, but his actual DJ'ing skills are INCREDIBLE!! Our whole wedding reception was a jam packed dance floor from start to finish, and my knees are still recovering from all the Popping, Locking, and Dropping I couldn't help but do!! Do yourself a favor, and listen up - I'm in a wedding band, and i hired Tru instead of a band because he has the ability to create an atmosphere that is exuberant and electric, uplifting and energetic, like a swarm of honey bees chasing a pack of rabbits. We all danced harder than we ever thought. We smiled through every song, and laughed so hard we spit out our drinks. Tru is a master at his craft, and will show you the utmost respect for your wedding wishes. Respect his craft, and he'll make those wishes come Tru.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jason K

One of the things that really stands out about Tru, is his ability to read the couple he is working with. This comes from a knowledge of musical genres and how to mix them, and also the intuitive people skills that he so clearly possesses. He's got a style that very few possess;... Read More he exudes a star quality, while sways keeping the bride and groom the stars of their special day. I would recommend him for absolutely any event.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Casey W

There is really no better choice for wedding entertainment. I'm not exaggerating when I say Truemaster is the best MC and DJ I have ever seen at a wedding. There are a lot of wedding DJs that are basically a Spotify playlist, True creates a flow and experience. I threw many... Read More curveballs at True on the wedding night and he handled them like a pro. It seemed like he was anticipating what I was thinking without talking to me. The guests thought we had rehearsed the schedule. We also did a Chinese tea ceremony, which many of the guests had never seen before, and True guided the party through the unique experience. I cannot recommend him enough. The guests are still raving about him 3 weeks later. Thank you True!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Gustavo G

Words cannot do justice to how amazing DJ Tru was as our wedding DJ and emcee. He was perfect. In the run up to the wedding he was extremely communicative and was easy to get ahold of and talk to. He was also really flexible, as last minute we asked if he could do our ceremony... Read More and cocktail hour as well. The common remark we heard from our guests during and after the wedding was that it was the best music selection and dancing they've ever seen/experienced at a wedding. Our photographer even noted that he had never seen so many empty tables during a wedding...because they were all dancing! Tru did an amazing job of curating a music selection that touched on my Puerto Rican roots as well as my wife's Guyanese roots. The selection was on point, but so was the timing of each song! It was one huge perfect celebration of two cultures coming together as one and he made it so fun. I honestly couldn't picture having our wedding without him and would recommend him 1 million percent. We'll hold on to those memories forever.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Whitney S

True is amazing!!! Being recommended by one of my most musically affluent friends I knew he would do a great job. Wow, did he deliver! My husband is Cuban and we wanted to make sure we lent a little of that flavor to our big day. True did so seamlessly. He was was incredibly... Read More patient, kind and flexible throughout the entire process and truly gave us the colorful, energy filled, smile inducing reception of our dreams. We are eternally grateful we hired such a kick a** DJ and would recommend True to EVERYONE!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Dominique W

Tru was great at my wedding. He played all the songs I requested and kept everyone out on the dance floor. He even came out and danced with us for a little. I would definitely recommend Tru for your wedding or next event.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Kelly S

Where to even begin with True… he is THE BEST! I had actually initially considered forgoing a DJ and just doing a playlist in an effort to save money – I am SO GLAD I didn’t do that!! A great DJ does so much more than play songs – they emcee and oversee the flow of the whole... Read More night (this took SUCH a load off my mind, to be able to leave all that in the hands of a pro), they get the crowd pumped up, they set the mood of everything from cocktail hour and dinner to late-night dance party (and in our case pre-ceremony and ceremony too), and a DJ as awesome as True makes EVERYONE feel involved and excited. When I filled out his info sheet about our event and what we wanted, it was a jumble – I like indie/folksy rock, but I like to dance to 90s jams, but my fiancé likes classic rock, but I also want the older people dancing… He blended it all FLAWLESSLY. Everyone – age 14 to 70 – got on the dance floor at some point, even those who normally don’t, and he somehow made everyone there feel like they were hearing THEIR jam. The way he flowed through different genres, and all his mash-ups and transitions were so perfect. Beyond that, he is just SUCH a nice guy and too cute! At one point he stood up on a chair and started dancing along with us, and it was one of my favorite moments of the reception. He truly LOVES what he does and goes above and beyond – he added all these different lights to enhance our reception space and even our ceremony backdrop, and it really took it all to the next level. When I accidentally dropped my wine glass on the dance floor, he rushed out from behind his table and swept the glass away before anyone could step on it. WHAT A GEM! Book him – you’ll be SO happy you did.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Alexis G

We've had the pleasure of knowing Trumastr and seeing his work for years, so when it came time to figure out music for our wedding, there was no other choice! Tru has the uncanny ability to effortlessly mix all of our favorite genres together, from 90s hip hop, to classic love... Read More songs, to 80s pop hits in a single event. Our guests had such an incredible time and let me know just how much they loved my DJ! We couldn't have had a better time, with a wedding soundtrack perfectly curated for me and my husband!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Susan P

Steve and I were so excited when we booked Tru as our wedding DJ. We had seen him at a few events and nights out and knew that he would be a great fit, what we didn't know is that he would help make our wedding night a huge non-stop dance party for everyone there. Throughout the... Read More night and days after we received many texts, phone calls and had conversations with people who said "hands down the best DJ they had heard at a wedding". He played hit after hit and felt the crowd to keep the party going. Thank you so much for making our wedding night the best night of our lives to date, we recommend him to anyone and everyone!!!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Tracy O

DJ Truemaster literally brings the party. He listened to what we wanted (and we were rather vague) and blew us and our guests away with his soundtrack to the evening. From The Jackson 5 to DMX - every song was perfect. They could not have fit us and our guests better. The... Read More dance floor was PACKED all night long and that is truly all you can ask for at your wedding. We wanted a dance party and for our guests to have an incredibly fun night and we got that, in large part thanks to True. We would absolutely recommend him!

Truemaster Trimingham

DJ Trumastr is an international touring DJ based out of Albany, New York. Infused with a rich knowledge of music, this creative innovator spins infectious blends that transcend both cultural and generational boundaries. Although mostly inspired by the classic sounds of Jazz, Funk, Hip Hop, R&B and Soul, DJ Trumastr’s skill on the decks knows no limit. A master of versatility, this DJ/producer can rock any party from small private events, weddings to the big stage.