Your Wedding Musically Curated by DJ Trumastr

DJ Trumastr not only applies his impressively expansive knowledge and understanding of music in his turntablism and work; he also thinks about music in a clever and unique way, personally handpicking each song for every wedding in order to create the ideal soundtrack, tailored to each individual couple’s vision. Each wedding package begins with a conversation. What do you envision for your perfect day? Working together to guide the musical direction for each celebration is a vital part of the process of working with DJ Trumastr. Connecting with clients on a personal level through music in order to help curate a perfect soundtrack is Tru’s MO. *** Please Note, There are limited dates. For availability please visit SayiTru.com ***

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Indian, Latin, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

201 Park Ave , Albany, NY Tri-State Area (518) 364-0297

Best DJ ever!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 samantha c

DJ Trumastr was amazing at my wedding. I gave him little direction on what to play and he was amazing at reading the crowd and playing a great mixture of music for everyone to enjoy. We had family, friends, old and young all dancing together. I could not have asked for a... Read More better DJ, he was perfect. I highly recommend him as a DJ for a wedding or any event!

2016-08-16T17:04:50 Response from the vendor

You guys were my 1st wedding ever and I'm truly grateful. And to end it with Wu-Tang's "Triumph?" Just wow!!!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Courtney S

I can't say enough wonderful things about Tru! He is so knowledgeable about music and the audience he is playing for! To top it off he is just a wonderful person! People haven't stopped talking about the music and non stop dance party since our wedding. He brought so much joy to... Read More our day and memories that will last a lifetime! 9.9.17

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Courtney S

True was an absolute pleasure to work with! He was incredibly patient and knowledgeable, not to mention just such a nice guy. We even had some crazy weather to deal with, including a power outage, and he was great through it all. Even our guests kept saying how wonderful True... Read More was and how they were so glad we hired him! If you're looking for a great DJ, he's your guy!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Danielle H

We can't express how lucky we were to have DJ Trumastr as are DJ. We would recommend anyone to use him for any event, party or wedding. He was extremely professional and extremely knowledgeable about music. We put complete trust in him with minmal instruction on what to play... Read More and he nailed it. He fed off the crowd and seemed to no exactly what to play at the exact moment to keep everyone on there feet. His transition from song to song was amazing unlike anyother DJ we have ever heard. Out of all the DJ s we talked to before our wedding we got a real good feeling about DJ trumastr . Not to knock anybody but he just felt the most passionate the most sincere the most knowledgeable genuine DJ we met and boy we were right. 4 days later we are still getting complents. If we were to do it all over again we wouldn't change a thing . We wanna thank DJ trumastr for being part of an experience we will never forget. Thankyou so very much Danielle and Greg

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Michael T

Tru is simply the best wedding DJ around. He customized our wedding package, downloading obscure instrumentals we requested, and was ready at moment's notice when we had any questions. He brought extra lights that he set up because he wanted the sweetheart table looking... Read More amazing! He had 2 separate locations set up, and executed all the ceremony music FLAWLESSLY. Now, all that aside, the actual music during the reception was customized based on the package we chose and a handful of songs ...this worked out perfectly, Tru basically created our own Spotify channel live in person, and not only that, but his actual DJ'ing skills are INCREDIBLE!! Our whole wedding reception was a jam packed dance floor from start to finish, and my knees are still recovering from all the Popping, Locking, and Dropping I couldn't help but do!! Do yourself a favor, and listen up - I'm in a wedding band, and i hired Tru instead of a band because he has the ability to create an atmosphere that is exuberant and electric, uplifting and energetic, like a swarm of honey bees chasing a pack of rabbits. We all danced harder than we ever thought. We smiled through every song, and laughed so hard we spit out our drinks. Tru is a master at his craft, and will show you the utmost respect for your wedding wishes. Respect his craft, and he'll make those wishes come Tru.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jason K

One of the things that really stands out about Tru, is his ability to read the couple he is working with. This comes from a knowledge of musical genres and how to mix them, and also the intuitive people skills that he so clearly possesses. He's got a style that very few possess;... Read More he exudes a star quality, while sways keeping the bride and groom the stars of their special day. I would recommend him for absolutely any event.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Casey W

There is really no better choice for wedding entertainment. I'm not exaggerating when I say Truemaster is the best MC and DJ I have ever seen at a wedding. There are a lot of wedding DJs that are basically a Spotify playlist, True creates a flow and experience. I threw many... Read More curveballs at True on the wedding night and he handled them like a pro. It seemed like he was anticipating what I was thinking without talking to me. The guests thought we had rehearsed the schedule. We also did a Chinese tea ceremony, which many of the guests had never seen before, and True guided the party through the unique experience. I cannot recommend him enough. The guests are still raving about him 3 weeks later. Thank you True!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Gustavo G

Words cannot do justice to how amazing DJ Tru was as our wedding DJ and emcee. He was perfect. In the run up to the wedding he was extremely communicative and was easy to get ahold of and talk to. He was also really flexible, as last minute we asked if he could do our ceremony... Read More and cocktail hour as well. The common remark we heard from our guests during and after the wedding was that it was the best music selection and dancing they've ever seen/experienced at a wedding. Our photographer even noted that he had never seen so many empty tables during a wedding...because they were all dancing! Tru did an amazing job of curating a music selection that touched on my Puerto Rican roots as well as my wife's Guyanese roots. The selection was on point, but so was the timing of each song! It was one huge perfect celebration of two cultures coming together as one and he made it so fun. I honestly couldn't picture having our wedding without him and would recommend him 1 million percent. We'll hold on to those memories forever.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Whitney S

True is amazing!!! Being recommended by one of my most musically affluent friends I knew he would do a great job. Wow, did he deliver! My husband is Cuban and we wanted to make sure we lent a little of that flavor to our big day. True did so seamlessly. He was was incredibly... Read More patient, kind and flexible throughout the entire process and truly gave us the colorful, energy filled, smile inducing reception of our dreams. We are eternally grateful we hired such a kick a** DJ and would recommend True to EVERYONE!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Dominique W

Tru was great at my wedding. He played all the songs I requested and kept everyone out on the dance floor. He even came out and danced with us for a little. I would definitely recommend Tru for your wedding or next event.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Kelly S

Where to even begin with True… he is THE BEST! I had actually initially considered forgoing a DJ and just doing a playlist in an effort to save money – I am SO GLAD I didn’t do that!! A great DJ does so much more than play songs – they emcee and oversee the flow of the whole... Read More night (this took SUCH a load off my mind, to be able to leave all that in the hands of a pro), they get the crowd pumped up, they set the mood of everything from cocktail hour and dinner to late-night dance party (and in our case pre-ceremony and ceremony too), and a DJ as awesome as True makes EVERYONE feel involved and excited. When I filled out his info sheet about our event and what we wanted, it was a jumble – I like indie/folksy rock, but I like to dance to 90s jams, but my fiancé likes classic rock, but I also want the older people dancing… He blended it all FLAWLESSLY. Everyone – age 14 to 70 – got on the dance floor at some point, even those who normally don’t, and he somehow made everyone there feel like they were hearing THEIR jam. The way he flowed through different genres, and all his mash-ups and transitions were so perfect. Beyond that, he is just SUCH a nice guy and too cute! At one point he stood up on a chair and started dancing along with us, and it was one of my favorite moments of the reception. He truly LOVES what he does and goes above and beyond – he added all these different lights to enhance our reception space and even our ceremony backdrop, and it really took it all to the next level. When I accidentally dropped my wine glass on the dance floor, he rushed out from behind his table and swept the glass away before anyone could step on it. WHAT A GEM! Book him – you’ll be SO happy you did.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Alexis G

We've had the pleasure of knowing Trumastr and seeing his work for years, so when it came time to figure out music for our wedding, there was no other choice! Tru has the uncanny ability to effortlessly mix all of our favorite genres together, from 90s hip hop, to classic love... Read More songs, to 80s pop hits in a single event. Our guests had such an incredible time and let me know just how much they loved my DJ! We couldn't have had a better time, with a wedding soundtrack perfectly curated for me and my husband!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Susan P

Steve and I were so excited when we booked Tru as our wedding DJ. We had seen him at a few events and nights out and knew that he would be a great fit, what we didn't know is that he would help make our wedding night a huge non-stop dance party for everyone there. Throughout the... Read More night and days after we received many texts, phone calls and had conversations with people who said "hands down the best DJ they had heard at a wedding". He played hit after hit and felt the crowd to keep the party going. Thank you so much for making our wedding night the best night of our lives to date, we recommend him to anyone and everyone!!!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Tracy O

DJ Truemaster literally brings the party. He listened to what we wanted (and we were rather vague) and blew us and our guests away with his soundtrack to the evening. From The Jackson 5 to DMX - every song was perfect. They could not have fit us and our guests better. The... Read More dance floor was PACKED all night long and that is truly all you can ask for at your wedding. We wanted a dance party and for our guests to have an incredibly fun night and we got that, in large part thanks to True. We would absolutely recommend him!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Eric H

Truemaster is a much more than just a DJ with a playlist - he's an artist! His transitions and blends between songs were done with great skill. The depth and breadth of his musical knowledge is impressive; he was even able to work in some international hits for our mixed culture... Read More wedding. He's able to read the crowd and make sure everyone is having a good time. Hiring him for our wedding was hands down the best decision we made during the whole grueling planning process. Every guest was impressed with the music choices, the volume was perfect, and the dinner music tasteful and classy. He has impeccable style, too. He was always polite, communication was excellent and easy, and had a smile on his face the entire night. He is certainly a man of the world and I’m glad I had this chance to meet him. Here’s the bottom line: if you need a wedding DJ, look no further. True is the best DJ you’ll find.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016

What can I say about DJ Trumastr that hasn’t been said? DJ Trumastr is by far one of the most humble, sincere, knowledgeable and talented persons I know. DJ Trumastr has a canniness and passion for all things music and it really shows when he’s behind the turntables. From music... Read More you could “get it on the floor” to music that is lesser known but still captivates, DJ Trumastr has it all. My wife and I have a wide array of taste in music and I strongly believe that DJ Trumastr did an excellent job catering to our needs. I’m Dominican and he had my family swinging boy! DJ Trumastr really set the tone for our reception and ceremony. My wife and I got married at the Pruyn House in Colonie, NY. We went with DJ Trumastr’s “Skies the limit” package which included up lighting which really provided a sense of warmth to the Barn feel of the Pruyn House. I’ve attended several of the events DJ Trumastr has hosted in and around the Capital District and have not been disappointed. It has been a great pleasure and honor to know someone who is doing great things both in our communities and behind the wheels of steal! Tru is the best of the best. Here are some pics of my family getting it in! Even the DJ was having a great time! http://imgur.com/wzmEirI Jam On It! http://imgur.com/hPIAmZL My best men doing the stanky leg: http://imgur.com/3gMUsXo My mom and I getting busy to some merengue! Remember Dominican! http://imgur.com/zUFNWnm

Reviewed on 12/22/2016

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Stephen U

Do you want people to stay in their seats for your entire wedding, talking to each other and staring at their drinks and the DJ just plays every song you hoped he wouldn't? Then DONT invite DJ Tru. Now if you want your wedding to be the best party you've ever been to, Tru is... Read More your guy. Not only is he one of the easiest entertainment professionals ive ever worked with, he will make your wedding, or any event seriously fun, while putting your needs and requests before everything else. Tru took a sample of the music that we wanted to hear and actually listened to what we wanted to curate an in the moment soundtrack that felt like it was really made for us. Not only that, but unlike most standard wedding DJs that will start a song and let it play out whether people are dancing or not, DJ Tru actually pays attention to the room and mixes while he plays. This all comes together to keep the energy high when it needs to be and keep everyone dancing until its time to go home a happy married couple. My wife and I could not be happier with our experience working with DJ Tru and there has never been a DJ at another wedding that has impressed me more. Be sure you too, Say i Tru.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Colleen T

A great friend in the wedding industry recommended True, so for us the choice was a no-brainer! Upon meeting True for the first time at our wedding, it was like I've always known him. He gave me a smile and a big hug and I instantly felt comfortable with him. Not to mention... Read More that True certainly makes it easy to have fun. We were dancing all night long and he happily accommodated our every want and need! True.is.the.DJ.You.Must.Have! We loved him and you will too!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Makayla S

Tru was my wedding DJ and I can honestly say that was the best decision I made (besides marrying my husband). He made the wedding into a party. He also helped us pick out songs for the wedding as well as listen to our ideas and use them. I put my trust in him and it wasn't a... Read More mistake. He even got on the dance floor. I can't think of one quest that did not ask about him. I highly recommend Tru to any event.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Jen C

We found Truemaster at a wedding expo in Troy, NY. We had actually gone to the event to listen to another DJ who was performing later in the evening, when suddenly I found myself wanting to dance in the middle of the expo - and that's saying a lot from someone who rarely dances... Read More in public. We didn't even stay to hear the other guy and booked Truemaster later that week. He took the time to get to know us and what type of vibe we were looking for our at our event. I was actually worried that no one would end up dancing at our wedding, but he managed to keep everyone, from ages 21-70+ dancing until the very end of our wedding. He was so good that my boss asked for his card in hopes to book him for our next holiday party. I would "Say I Tru" over and over again!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Allison I

Beyond being the best DJ EVER, Tru is just an amazing guy. He was awesome throughout the planning process and made me feel totally at ease leaving everything in his hands. He took my rough ideas and turned them into an amazing party. The music was so good that I think we could... Read More have stayed and partied all night! I really can't say enough about him other than thanking him profusely for making our wedding so special and amazing. Thanks Tru, my husband and I feel like you are part of the family now!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Jordan G

DJ Tru was AMAZING! Somehow he managed to blend both my husband's and my musical preferences into a seamless AND fun musical backdrop for our cocktail hour and reception. He also was able to coordinate our ceremony music flawlessly, to my exacting standards. I had a super... Read More specific vision, which for other, sub-par DJs, may have been difficult to pull off but for Tru was a piece of cake. I have a specific memory of lurking around the corner with my Dad waiting to come out listening to the music and crying thinking, "HE REALLY DID IT!!!" Every song he played was for us. He made the night special - knowing how important music was (THE most important after food...lol) but never lost sight of the fun required for our guests. I recommend Tru MOST HIGHLY. He was amazing. Super talented. Super knowledgeable about all genres of music. He kept the night moving, was very professional, came armed with excellent equipment, lighting, and mics, etc., was prepared, and pleasant. We never had to worry for one second. He's a must-have for all your events. He almost makes me want to do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Michelle S

DJ Tru was a must have from the beginning. His transitions are beyond incredible and always changing and different. During our wedding, the dance floor was packed from the time people were done eating until midnight. You literally could not find open space on the dance floor.... Read More People have talked about the dancing and music at our wedding for over a month now. Tru has so much style and swagger as well as an immediate calming nature. He helped get our wedding back on track when we fell off our time schedule and he was able to insert amazing humor when appopriate. His prices are extremely fair for the wonderful time you and your guests will have. Our wedding was outdoors and his uplighting was to die for. Leading up to the wedding, this was one of the very few things I knew I didn't have to worry about. He played everything we wanted and even took in the moment requests from the brides. I will say it again, book Tru. It will be one of the best decisions you will make for your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Jeremy R

Prince, Wu-Tang, and the B-52s meet at a wedding… That was the task that Trumastr was given, and he knocked it out of the park. With all of the planning that goes into a wedding, and so far out, picking a music option can feel like just another box to check off. With Trumastr... Read More that was not the case. For each of us, it was important to build a relationship, so that we could learn about his style, and he could truly learn about our tastes. You need lighting? No problem! Additional mic set up? No problem! Plug-ins for a live cocktail band? No problem! Tru took care of it all, and made it look easy. On our wedding day, it all came together with an amazing party. If you are fortunate to have a chance to book DJ Trumastr, don’t pass it up. We’re sure glad that we didn’t.

Truemaster Trimingham

DJ Trumastr is an international touring DJ based out of Albany, New York. Infused with a rich knowledge of music, this creative innovator spins infectious blends that transcend both cultural and generational boundaries. Although mostly inspired by the classic sounds of Jazz, Funk, Hip Hop, R&B and Soul, DJ Trumastr’s skill on the decks knows no limit. A master of versatility, this DJ/producer can rock any party from small private events, weddings to the big stage.