Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

7265 Kent Drive, Baker, LA Available for travel (225) 588-5591

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Laura P

Suzette is awesome!! She is so friendly and welcoming! She made our engagement pictures (which have the potential to be awkward) super relaxed and enjoyable. They turned out exactly like we wanted them to! On the day of the wedding, Suzette was so so helpful and patient. She... Read More managed to capture all of the best moments of our big day. The pictures are awesome! I can't say enough good things about her - awesome!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017

We are absolutely in love with our wedding day pictures! Suzette is so creative and imaginative, fun to work with! I was obsessed with not having stiff/ formal pictures and was blown away with how many amazing pictures of everyone laughing and enjoying the wedding. Highly... Read More recommend for any couple getting married!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Zachery H

Great, personable, and friendly people to work with. We love our pictures!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kayla J

Where do I even begin in recommending SBJames Photography. I cannot give Suzette enough stars. As the mother of the bride, one of the most important decisions concerning my daughter’s wedding was the photography. The venue may be spectacular, the flowers may be gorgeous, the... Read More bride and groom may look amazing, the ceremony may be magical, and the reception may be the event of the season, but if you do not have good photographs, all of that will exist only in your memory. So a great photographer for the wedding was our number 1 top priority. As an artist myself, I became interested in Suzettes photography when we lived in Baton Rouge and I have followed her artistry even after we moved from there. When the time came to choose a photographer for our daughter’s wedding, I did look around in my current home town but although I found that there are some good ones here, I knew that if I really wanted the very best, I would have to have Suzette. Thankfully, she was available on our date (but we would have changed the date, if she hadn’t been lol), and was willing to travel to us. One of the things that really impressed me about Suzette was the great communication we had with her. She was very thorough in finding out our vision and desires and she was willing to answer all types of questions and very quick to get back with her answers. She was helpful in so many other matters like, helping me to come up with a wedding timeline and with tips and advice. She’s as involved as you need her to be and thankfully she eased this nervous mother’s mind on many occasions. And that’s not even sharing yet about her amazing photography. We had her do our daughter’s engagement pics and also her bridals. I may sound biased because it’s photos of my daughter, but trust me when I say, they were some of the most beautiful engagement and bridal photographs I have ever seen. They FAR exceeded our expectations and having seen Suzette’s past work, our expectations were already high! The day of the wedding Suzette was a calming and professional presence. Our outside venue was massive and spread out and I was slightly concerned that one person couldn’t get so many shots from so many angles. I honestly don’t know how she did it but I shouldn’t have worried. Suzette is amazing and our resulting photographs showed us that. People who have seen our photos (engagements, bridals and the wedding day photos) have been blown away and have asked us who our photographer was. Those who attended the wedding say that the photographs truly captured the magic of the day. The creativity of the shots, the lighting, the special moments and the minute details that we may have forgotten over time, were all beautifully captured in her exquisite photographs. It was a fairy tale wedding and now we can look at our beautiful photographs and relive it as it truly was. If you are looking for a phenomenal photographer who is also an equally awesome person, please don’t hesitate to book Suzette for your wedding, portrait session or event. I guarantee that you will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Mike C

Suzette and everyone on her team that I had the pleasure to meet were AMAZING! I instantly felt comfortable at our first meeting. She took detailed notes about what kind of photographic style we liked and we sent pictures so she would know exactly what sort of feel we wanted. I... Read More had a bridal portrait session done and our wedding photos. I was nervous about the bridal portraits because I'm an awkward person and definitely not a model, but once I got the photos back you would never know that! Suzette gave great direction and made me feel like a model. She's still working on my wedding photos - I was married very recently, but I've seen a few photos and I'm in love! I can't wait to see the rest! I'm surprised there aren't more rave reviews of her on the knot - I would highly recommend her to anyone. Book her fast she's the greatest!! Not to mention her prices are extremely reasonable. I've heard so many photographer horror stories from friends and I feel so lucky and happy that I found someone so awesome. Also, her husband is in videography so it's a great package deal that they work so well together!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

Suzette was a joy to work with! She took my daughter's engagement pictures. She was very kind and professional and open to hear ideas from my daughter about the pictures. Can't wait for the wedding pictures!