Inspiring Today's Brides

Chicago's boutique wedding florist, Scarlet Petal works with the city's finest venues, inspires its clients with innovative floral designs, and offers a full range of styles and personalized services to deliver above and beyond expectations. Call to schedule a free consultation..

$$$

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

1621 W Carroll Ave, Chicago, IL

Great Florists with Fun and Unique Ideas!

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 Kelsey A

Scarlet Petal is an amazing job for my wedding at the Spertus Institute this past April. From boutonnieres to our 12ft chuppah, they didn't miss a detail. I came to Scarlet Petal with little direction and few ideas. I know my colors and what flowers I didn't like and that was about it. David and Sarah really tried to understand what style of wedding I was going for and what I imagined it would look like. We spent over an hour and half going through images of flowers and talking about how they could incorporate each into different pieces to make them different but cohesive. I left feeling like they really understood me and could take my vision to a higher level. When I went in to see a trial piece a few months later I met with David again. I was overall very impressed with their work but asked to make a few adjustments based on my initial reactions. David was very open-minded and flexible to my suggestions and I left knowing I was in good hands. The day of the wedding, Sarah showed up to my suite with the bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres. They were stunning and I was so excited to give them out to family and friends. The rest of the wedding was incredible as well. I can't say enough as to how beautiful the ceremony and reception spaces looked. I was blown away. Flowers and decorations are not cheap. Anywhere. But Scarlet Petal really made an effort to work within my budget. We reused almost everything from the ceremony for the reception. They even designed small, simple vases of succulents, used on the dinner tables, that I was able to reuse for our Sunday brunch as well. Overall was completely satisfied with Scarlet Petal and would highly recommend them to any!

Simply fabulous!

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Sivan K

I decided to work with Scarlet Petal because of my initial meeting with Esther. We spent over an hour together and I felt like she took all the ideas out of my head. At the same time I also felt like she knew my venue back to front and was able to explain the productive changes she wanted to make to my vision based on the limitations, lighting and color of the space itself. Esther was also able to put together a detailed proposal while sticking to our small budget. Once we saw the sample of the tall centerpiece we knew that the flowers for our wedding would be spectacular! Everything was beautiful on our wedding day! I could not have received more compliments regarding all the flowers. Scarlet Petal also decorated the poles of our chuppah which were just plain metal poles. The chuppah looked completely transformed with just the smallest addition of decorating the poles with leaves and flowers. I recommend Scarlet Petal to any bride who wants a florist who is a true artist, listens, gets it and won't break the bank!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Jenny M

Scarlet Petal did the flowers for our April 2011 wedding. Hands down was the best vendor we worked with. Esther took us under her wing and worked within our budget. Our wedding reception was at Carnivale, and the room looked amazing. During our planning for the reception the original proposal was not exactly what I had envisioned, so Jenny worked with us, (should I say me, my husband was up for anything:)), and helped us get the flowers to look exactly like I had envisioned. Esther actually went on maternity leave during our planning process but bent over backwards to make everything perfect, in fact she even called me from home one night during her leave. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Esther and the crew at Scarlet Petal. I only wish we had another event to plan, so we could work with them again.:)

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Lian X

Lee did an amazing job for my wedding! She is responsive to my emails and listen to my concerns. I changed flower color in the last minute and she still did great job. Price is reasonable and was kept within our budget. I have received compliments from our wedding guests about the gorgeous flowers. Highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/06/2015

Scarlet Petal did the flowers for my wedding and they were beautiful. We got so many compliments on them from our guests. Lee Scott was so great to work with and had great ideas for us. We had a sample showing which gave us clear indication of what the tables arrangements would look like at our wedding. It was so helpful to see the size and layout. I would definitely recommend Scarlet Petal to others.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Nipa P

Lee did a FANTASTIC job on the floral arrangements for our wedding. She was able to transform our ideas into reality, and the best part is, we didn’t have to wait on the day of to find out. As we provided ideas and visions to Lee, she would continuously create arrangements to ensure our expectations were aligned. Not only is she a great florist, but she’s such a pleasure to work with. She’s very responsive and provides her professional opinion to ensure quality product for the big day.

Beautiful Floral; Great Service

Reviewed on 2/04/2015 Jessica

I highly recommend Scarlet Petal. I could not have been more pleased with the flowers or the service. While they are not the cheapest option out there, it is clear to me that do get what you pay for and Scarlet Petal is worth the price. When I started planning my wedding, flowers were not my number one priority and I never thought I would be a bride who would be excited by flowers. I compared a few florists in Chicago balancing price and services and my vision. Scarlet Petal was recommended to me by a friend and after meeting with Lee, I knew she was the right fit for what I didn't even realize I was looking for. Lee Scott was phenomenal. From the first time I met with her, she made the process easy. She understood the vision I was aiming for and the feel of my wedding. Lee took the time to meet with me several times and to also meet with my parents. A differentiating factor for Scarlet Petal is the sample showing. It was great to see what the arrangements would look like in advance and it put my mind at ease that everything would fall into place day of. Lee took the extra time to answer all the questions my parents and I had and to discuss potential adjustments. I was impressed at the attention paid to just the sample showing and knew I would be more than wowed by the flowers at my wedding. All of a sudden I became that bride who was enamored with the flowers (and all of the related things that come with flowers that you don't think about before you start planning a wedding such as vases and votives and columns etc...). Lee did a great job staying in touch with me throughout the process and and working with me when I needed to make some changes to the plans in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The day of, everything went seamlessly. While I did not see most of the set up, others told me that Lee was easy to work with and managed the various venue set ups (two rooms) as well as the personal floral efficiently and with a personal touch that makes all the difference. The extra time she spent with each family member to ensure they were happy with their corsages/boutineers really made an impression on them. She also made sure that I was happy with the set up and my flowers (which I was!). The results were beautiful - we are still getting compliments on how well all of the elements of the wedding fit together to have a classy, elegant, fun feel - flowers included. We are so pleased with how everything came together and could not have made a better decision on floral!

Sarah is the best

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Lisa W

Sarah worked with us and spent her time going over designs and coming up with a plan for our flowers. She helped us stay in our budget while making sure we got the look we wanted. She worked with my Mother in Law who did all the personal flowers and even offered space in the shop if she needed it. The room looked amazing and we got lots of compliments on the centerpieces.

Florist

Reviewed on 8/22/2012 Caitlin L

Everything was picture perfect! The only problem was they used wire ribbon on the mother of the bride corsage and it snagged my mother's dress. We could not have gotten a better deal for our money!

The Best Florist in Chicago!!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2012 Ryanne E

Esther and the team at Scarlet Petal were so amazing that I don’t even know where to begin. My husband and I got married in July at the InterContinental Chicago. We visited two other florists before finding Esther, and we knew within five minutes of talking to her that we’d found our wedding florist. We knew next to nothing about flowers, but we did have strong opinions about what looks we liked and didn’t like. Esther was quickly able to pick up on our tastes and made outstanding suggestions. She even brought out flowers and vases to help us visualize. And unlike the other florists we met with, Esther helped us strategize ways to make the most of our budget. Our flower arrangements and bouquets were absolutely gorgeous. Had I not known how much we paid, I would have guessed our flower budget had been thousands more than it was. We received so many compliments on our flowers, and we definitely have Esther to thank. She was absolutely delightful to work with, and we so much appreciated her patience, honesty, and creativity!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 carolyn h

We worked with Jenny- she so talented! We couldn't be happier with how everthing turned out!

The Best in the Business

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Elly R

Before choosing a florist, I really did my research. After meeting with several vendors, I finally met Esther at Scarlet Petal. Esther was an absolute dream to work with . . . I was a bride that had a few specific ideas about decor and the overall style of my wedding, but had trouble making decisions about colors and specific types of flowers. Esther had WONDERFUL, creative, and artistic ideas about how to make my ceremony and reception absolutely beautiful. She also helped us stay well within our budget. I was so blown away by not only the great customer service and professionalism (they took care of absolutely everything so that I didn't have to even think about the final look or logistics), but the stunningly beautiful bouquets, centerpieces, and other arrangements. What I wanted was for my wedding to have a very personal feel, and Esther absolutely helped us achieve that. I would recommend Scarlet Petal for any event!

BREATHTAKING!!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Noopur L

I got married on August 20th at the Harold Washington Library. We were supposed to work with another floral vendor but after hearing some horror stories about him, we opted to go with Esther at Scarlet Petal. It was the BEST wedding planning decision we made! Esther was SO responsive, flexible and very open about what she thought would work and wouldn't work in the space. She was able to do everything we wanted and hoped for within our budget. She incorporated everything I presented it to her, and the results were stunning. We STILL are getting compliments about the decor! My husband is Caucasian and I am Indian, but we only had a Hindu ceremony. I was really striving to go for decor that was NOT traditional Indian, but very modern/elegant with clean lines. Esther brought my vision to reality! Drom our crisp white fabric mandap adorned with huge red/purple flower arrangements to our tall, medium and small centerpieces cascading down our estate tables with different candles - everything was PERFECT! When I walked into our reception hall with my husband, we were just so amazed. Our cake was an exact replica of a photo we had provided Esther with beautiful flowers streaming down it. I highly recommend Scarlet Petal. They are an honest, open, flexible and transparent business, which is sometimes hard to find when planning a wedding!

Amazing Florist

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Jennifer R

I used Jenny and Scarlet Petal for my wedding at the Harold Washington Library and am so glad I chose to go with them! Jenny was awesome to work with throughout the planning process. She worked with my vague ideas to come up with beautiful arrangements, answered all of my questions, and didn't even blink when I thought about changing some of the arrangments a few weeks prior to the wedding. Scarlet Petal was by far the best vendor I worked with throughout the hectic wedding planning process! Their work was way above and beyond my expectations.

Best Ever!

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Aneta G

Just had my wedding at the James and used Jenny & Scarlet Petal for my flowers... THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL... GORGEOUS.... and really made the room pop. Flowers are still going strong at home and its 5 days later! I had come in with some pretty specific ideas and a tight budget and Jenny was still able to make everything happen. She was professional, very knowledgeable and just a pleasure to work with. Had a wonderful experience with SP and would highly recommend to any bride! :o)

Great job - highly recommend

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Alexis P

Scarlet Petal did a wonderful job from start to finish. During our initial consultation, Jenny showed us some beautiful photos of their past work and we got a very good idea of their elegant, clean style. Jenny was very organized while working with us on order which made things very easy. Everything was perfect when our wedding day arrived. The delivery of personal flowers to our hotel was on time and they were stunning! The centerpieces and other arrangements at the hall were gorgeous and exactly as we had discussed. Breathtaking! Too bad I'm only getting married once, because I'd love to work with Scarlet Petal again.

Better then I imagined!

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Sarah P

We were so lucky to work with Esther. I wasn't exactly clear on what I wanted, but she took my thoughts and really carried them out to create a really beautiful day. My bouquet was amazing, and the wedding party had the most perfect flowers. The center pieces were fresh, classic and amazing. The ceremony flowers were exquisite. Scarlet petal and Esther were the best!

Best Florist in Chicago

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Meganne T

Beautiful arrangements and wonderful service! I used Scarlet Petal for my summer 2011 wedding. Picking flowers for our wedding was a difficult task because I had a very specific vision in my mind, but I did not know anything about flowers. Scarlet Petal was able to figure out all of my needs – even when I could not articulate them. Esther was fantastic. She was the only florist that listened when I said that I wanted to have lanterns as a part of my centerpieces! After I described the colors I was looking for, the lanterns, and the mood I wanted at my wedding she was instantly able to start talking about ideas that would create the atmosphere I wanted. I felt like I could trust Esther to make my wedding day beautiful from the start and I am glad that I did. The centerpieces were breathtaking, and all of the bouquets, ceremony decorations and reception accents were beautiful. Esther and Scarlet Petal were incredible to work with, and their work was outstanding.

great!

Reviewed on 3/16/2011 Alishia P

beautiful arrangements very helpful and friendly, highly recomend!

Love Scarlet Petal!

Reviewed on 3/08/2011 Lindsey K

Scarlet Petal is AMAZING! I initially began working with Esther, who was wonderful. I know little about flowers, but was able to give her a few types I liked, the colors I envisioned and a couple pictures. From there, she drafted a proposal that sounded nothing short of gorgeous. She also hit my price point, which was also very important to me. Communication was easy, and I always felt very comfortable during the process of working with them. A couple weeks prior to my wedding, Esther went on maternity leave, so she asked me to come into look at a sample centerpiece and meet Jenny who would take over the coordinating from there. Jenny was also extremely friendly, and I never for one second got nervous with having a new person running the show. Everything ran very smoothly and they certainly did not dissapoint. When I walked into my reception venue, I was thrilled to see the floral arrangements and how fabulous it looked. I have heard endless comments on how beautiful the flowers were and what an incredible job they did. I would highly, highly recommend Scarlet Petal to anyone in the Chicago area. The entire experience was an absolute pleasure!!

I would highly recommend Scarlet Petal!

Reviewed on 12/08/2010 Christine C

I literally met with and visited 10 or more florist for my wedding. I had a very specific budget and found a picture of what I wanted. Scarlet Petal was the only vendor that was able to meet my floral needs within (close to) my budgetary requirements. Esther was a pleasure to work with. She also gave me a number of recommendations. When we did have an issue with the Mothers' corsages, Scarlet Petal reimbursed us appropriately. Excellent service and quality. I would highly recommend them to another bride and use them if I had another wedding.

Perfect flowers for a perfect day.

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Jennifer Z

My husband and I were married in August 2010 and I found Scarlet Petal through Yelp. From the instant we engaged Scarlet Petal, from the first initial email, I found Esther to be incredibly professional, super sweet, and extremely creative. Esther made time to meet with us within a week of our first communication and when we did meet it was like meeting with an old friend; very comfortable and we really felt as though she understood what we wanted. While at our first meeting, we explained our 'vision' for our flowers and instantly she began showing us examples of work that would fit our character and request. The following week, Esther followed up with the most beautiful storyboards and she had gotten it all right: the bridal bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets, boutonnieres, everything was modern with a vintage twist and very chic. Exactly what we wanted. I have received so many compliments on all of the arrangements and would recommend Scarlet Petal 100% (and Esther) to anyone looking for a FANTASTIC florist. OH AND the service was very reasonably priced.

Excellent

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Abby G

I used the Scarlet Petal for my wedding and I must say they did an absolutely amazing job. I couldn't have been happier with the outcome of my flowers, I received many compliments. From my bouquet to my bridesmaids to the centerpieces, everything was perfect! I also felt that they gave an extrememly reasonable price. I give this flower company an A+.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 Megan B

I'm so happy that we decided to go with Scarlet Petal for our October 2010 wedding! When I first started thinking about flowers, I didn't really have a clear vision of what I wanted, with the exception of highlighting fall colors. I met with Jen in the early spring, and she was really helpful in offering suggestions to go with our fall theme. I also feel like she took the time to understand our budget (which I didn't feel was the case with some of the other florists I met with). In the early summer, I received an email from Jen that she was going to be leaving Chicago to move to California. At first I was upset, but she helped to smooth the transition to one of the other designers (Jenny). I met with Jenny to go through the original proposal, and she was great too! She offered some more suggestions and helped finalize all of the details. As I said before, I couldn't have been happier with the results - Jenny was amazing, and we got so many compliments about how beautiful all the flowers were!

Better than I could have imagined!

Reviewed on 11/26/2010 Karla G

Esther helping me put the whole look and feel of the wedding together, I had some ideas but not until looking at their albums did it really start to come together. Esther helped me narrow in on a vintage romantic style for my bouquet and a vibrant fall color scheme for the bridesmaids. She knew the venue so well (Cafe Brauer in Lincoln Park Zoo) and knew exactly what would work and what wouldn't, when I suggested a couple ideas that wouldn't work so well she very tactfully steered me in another direction, and boy am I glad I listened to her! Everything turned out amazing, so much that my guests were commenting that the wedding flowers were the best they had ever seen. I would highly recommend Scarlet Petal for anyone. Go into your appointment with an open mind and they will help you create an event that's more beautiful that you could ever imagine!

TO Scarlet Petal