Scarritt Building and Arcade

Kansas City, MO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Scarritt Building and Arcade

A BALLROOM IN KANSAS CITY, MO

At the Scarritt Building and Arcade in Kansas City, Missouri, you are surrounded in contemporary elegance as you celebrate your wedding day. With three distinctive indoor event venues, the Scarritt Building and Arcade is uniquely poised to help you create unforgettable wedding memories. Plan your entire celebration in this venue from ceremony to reception.

Grand Ballroom. Soaring ceilings, stained glass windows and period Chicago-style architectural elements create an impressive ambience inside the Grand Ballroom. A separate cocktail area in the Grand Ballroom features two plush sofas, three distinctive bistro tables and a portable bar. A built-in stage is present for your reception. This space accommodates up to 350 guests.

11th Floor Space. Slightly smaller but just as distinctive, the 11th Floor Space is ideal for more intimate gatherings. This space also has a built-in bar for your reception and it hosts up to 150 guests.

Scarritt Arcade. Located on the balcony of the Scarritt Building, the Arcade offers breathtaking views of the cityscape below. Intimate gatherings are right at home in this space and it accommodates up to 100 guests.

Attentive assistance from the events staff at the Scarritt Building and Arcade is one of the perks of choosing this wedding venue. The personable and professional staff steps in to assist you with all of your wedding details, leaving you to relax and enjoy everything.

Every event at the Scarritt Building includes tables, linens and chairs to seat your guests. Rental of the Grand Ballroom and 11th Floor Space include event setup and teardown, use of the caterer’s kitchen by your caterer and access to the bridal room and groom’s room throughout your event. Rental of the Scarritt Arcade does not include these amenities and services.

You have the freedom to choose your own service provider for catering, beverages, entertainment, flowers and more. The coordinators have a list of preferred vendors for you to review and you are also welcome to choose your own independent vendors. On-site parking is available for up to 150 cars.

Your wedding at the Scarritt Building and Arcade is a grand and stylish event that is an apt representation of your love and commitment. The events team also offers some additional services, available with extra fees.

• Arrange to have the team transition your event space between your ceremony and reception
  • Bartenders and security staff are supplied by the venue
  • Explore the interior of this venue to find historic and unusual points of interest for first-look photos

Historical Ballroom with Amazing Value

The Scarritt Building and Arcade was Kansas City's second built skyscraper. With it's abundance of natural light and hand carved ornaments throughout the interior, this example of Chicago School architecture it is a truly unique venue for your wedding and reception. We have several spaces that can accommodate grand parties to more intimate ceremonies, each with it's own kind of character. Our wedding packages are tailored with your big day in mind so we offer many no hassle perks so you and your future spouse can enjoy your special day stress free!

Ballroom, Historic Venue

818 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO (816) 506-5669

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Elisa V

The Scarritt Building was the most perfect wedding venue I could have ever dreamed of. This beautiful space seriously looks like something out of a fairy tale and that is exactly what our wedding was. It lived up to every expectation I had and I can’t imagine how the day would... Read More have gone without Sylvia and her team. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Scarritt Building and cocktail hour in the arcade area. Our guests really enjoyed being able to see different areas of this gorgeous space. My husband and I, like a few other couples, booked this venue when it was under different management. Like any new business this company definitely had its growing pains and there is no denying that. What I will say is that Sylvia did an INCREDIBLE job taking the ball and running with it. She was very confident and easy going. She honored every piece of our original contract and made sure we felt extremely reassured that our event was going to be perfect…and it was. Every time I called, texted, or emailed her she got back to me that same day (most times within the hour). On our wedding day she made sure everything was running on time and the vendors were where they needed to be. She answered all of the questions I didn’t even know to ask and was extremely professional. I would just like to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU x1000000 to the wonderful Scarritt staff who helped contribute to our BEST DAY EVER!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 M

The Scarritt Building was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. The beautiful ballroom easily accommodated our family and guests. Everything came to together just as I had dreamed about. Sylvia did a great job coordinating all the vendors and insuring that everything... Read More was picture perfect before the first guest arrived. The bridal suite was a great bonus for our families to congregate in between the service and the reception. I am thrilled that we chose such a great venue and had the privilege of working with Sylvia, who was such a dedicated professional . She knew what we needed even before we could ask.

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Anna J

We had our wedding at the Scarritt less than a month ago and had a wonderful time! We were blown away by the event venue first of all - the history surrounding the space was amazing, and we loved sharing it with our guests! It was beautiful and our guests were astounded by the... Read More space. Even though we ended up with about 150 guests, the grand ballroom did not feel like too spacious or too tight - it was absolutely perfect! The bride & groom's suites were an amazing space for our bridal party & close family to stay for the night before the wedding & the night of the wedding. We as the bride & groom felt like we truly got to enjoy the time with everyone! Additionally, our close family used the space to hang out between the ceremony (which was elsewhere in the city) and the reception. Finally, Sylvia truly made our day go amazingly well! From making sure we got to use the rooftop for sunset pictures, handling the random requests that come about throughout the day and the day before while setting up, answering my countless questions in the days and weeks leading up to the event, coordinating the times the vendors would arrive, lighting candles, tearing down the whole space so we just had to put the decor in vehicles and leave - we had an amazing day thanks to the help of everyone at the Scarritt!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lindsey H

Our expectation levels were set very high during our multiple meetings with Sylvia onsite prior to wedding weekend. Promises were made in regards to coordinator availability, overall general cleanliness, and other accommodations that we left VERY short of satisfaction. Upon... Read More arrival to our suites , it appeared that no air conditioning had been turned on in both units. Multiple contacts were made to Kristen (a backup coordinator that was assigned to us at the 30-day mark), understandably she was at another job during the afternoon, but arrangements were not made until we returned from our rehearsal dinner at around 9:00pm. We were NEVER formally informed that the air conditioning was out in the building, and would ultimately result to having rental units placed in the ballroom. A Scarritt staff member had made a comment to our wedding coordinator about having prior knowledge about the air being out and how it was "good enough for the law offices" - as if to say we were making outlandish requests. We arrived to rooms that were clearly very quickly just 'wiped down'. Dirty mop heads were left in the kitchen sink, no working garbage disposal, additional cleaning supplies placed in corners of the room, no working tv, hair still in shower drains, NO additional toilet paper rolls, and only 2 bath towels to be found for guest rooms that were promised to sleep 8-12 guests a piece. This sent us out on additional errands to purchase these items for our stay, and my in-laws to run next door to the Hampton and purchase the last remaining room for the weekend. Uncomfortable would be an understatement! We also noticed during rehearsal that the room was set with the incorrect amount of chairs, and as discussed in our 30-day meeting, no guestbook/gift table, or memorial table had been set up for our additional decor. This resulted in our wedding party moving what chairs we could find until Kristen returned onsite Saturday, and also delayed some of our vendor set up for the ceremony space. Kristen told me she would be onsite Saturday at 10:00am to attend to unresolved matters, but when we came down to the ballroom she was meeting with another couple onsite, and left almost immediately after. She assured us she would return around 1:00pm to take care of anything, but as mentioned, this held up other vendors that were arriving for drop off/set up. It was very clear that Kristen was not informed of details put into place, or was not taking responsibility for these details, as various additional conversations and directions were needed throughout the day Saturday. This resulted in us having to pay our wedding coordinator to stay additional hours to make sure things were taken care of that were discussed in previous meetings. Though our day turned out beautiful, I can't say that it was in any regards to Scarritt staff (though Kristen and staff did take care of a lot of the 'end of the night' reception clean up as promised...). Had we known about some of these details prior - additional arrangements could have been made and saved our family, friends, and myself, tons of time, money, and STRESS! I completely understand the stress a venue coordinators job entails, having come from being one myself; however, these items above were very poorly handled. (I have since contacted the venue coordinator TWICE with the information above and have been given NO response.)

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Roxanne N

I can not begin to tell you how much I loved the Scarritt building and most of all, Sylvia! She was amazing throughout the whole wedding planning and the actual day! It was so convenient to have the ceremony,cocktail hour and reception there. I loved it that all three events... Read More happened on 3 different floors so it was a neat and new experience for the guest. I highly highly recommend booking your wedding here! The building itself has so much architecture and details on the ceiling and walls that you barely need any decorations. We also had two bridal suites inside the building where we stayed the night before and we got all 16 people that were in the bridal party to stay there without feeling squished or tight. We loved our experience with the Scarritt building and Sylvia!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Caitlin S

Where do I begin?! I could not be happier with our decision to go with the Scarritt Building and Sylvia for our wedding day! When we booked the Scarritt in Aug of 2016, a different lady was the venue coordinator. We booked because we loved to space, it is a large venue with... Read More beautiful architecture that really requires little decorating. Also, the bride/groom suites are amazing!! When we booked, a different lady was the venue coordinator. We didn't interact with her much as it was early in our planning process, but in December we were notified by Sylvia that she would be taking over and wanted to meet us. After our meeting, my husband and I were so happy that Sylvia was taking over and couldn't have been more impressed with her organization, professionalism, and overall knowledge of wedding planning/coordinating. We left that meeting feeling very relieved. Since that time, Sylvia continued to be amazing! She was always (promptly!) available to answer my many questions/concerns with planning and was always available to let us into the venue for whatever the reason we had (Even during weekends and evenings!). The month of our wedding and our wedding day went so smoothly because of Sylvia. She was great about keeping our "flow" going and worked closely with all our vendors. She was available all day and night of our wedding day, making sure things continued to go great. The Scarritt bartenders and security staff were also great. I had multiple guest tell me how nice everyone at the venue was. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Also, post wedding, Sylvia continued to make my life easier. We misplaced our cake stand that was to be returned to our cake vendor the following week. My husband and I left for Mexico, 2 days after the wedding, prior to tracking it down. Without asking, Sylvia went above and beyond to track down our cake stand (that accidentally got picked up by another vendor) and then returned the stand to our cake vendor so we would not be charged a fee! Again, I am so thankful for Sylvia and so happy we chose The Scarritt for our big day. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Sara K

I am SO thankful that we chose the Scarritt building for our wedding ceremony and reception and heres just a few of the reasons why: 1. The space is simply STUNNING! Hand carved crown moulding, the original chandeliers from the early 1900's, beautiful tile floors in the... Read More ballroom - the space, in my opinion, is the most breathtaking historic building in Kansas City. 2. Affordability - It was important to us to find a space in which we could choose our own caterer. We had over 280 guests in attendance and we did not want to be forced into only being able to choose from one/on-site catering company with sub-par, over-priced food. We used Krokstrom Klubb & Market and Sylvia did a great job of coordinating with them and all of our guests raved about how great the food was! 3. Amenities - The Scarritt has several packages/options for just about every budget. I highly recommend staying in the bridal suite the night before your wedding (if it's available) and also staying the night of the wedding. This gives you access to the building the day before your wedding so that you can start setting up and vendors, if they choose, can start setting up as well. The day of the wedding was a breeze for us because almost all of our vendors had already set up the day before! For us, it was totally worth the extra expense. 4. Speaking of the bride and groom suites, these were a huge selling point for us. They are both newly completed, beautiful, spacious rooms for both the bride and groom to get ready. Getting ready the day of the wedding in the bridal suite lent for plenty of space for everyone and more. What bride wants to get ready in a cramped, hot, small room? I was easily able to fit all 9 bridesmaids, 3 flower girls, family members, two hair stylists, two makeup artists, two photographers, videographer, and obviously, myself with still room to spare! In the bridal suite there are two bedrooms, a full kitchen (with a brand new stove, oven, microwave, and refrigerator), and two full bathrooms for getting ready. 5. Lastly, we felt SO lucky to have Sylvia as our coordinator! I was blown away by how Sylvia went above and beyond to make sure our wedding went exactly as we planned. The day of the wedding, all I had to do was make eye contact with Sylvia and she was right there to ask if I needed anything. I sincerely believe our day would not have gone as smoothly as it did if it wasn't for her. The Scarritt is lucky to have her on board, I was an incredibly lucky bride to have her as my coordinator, and any past brides I know will agree with me when I say, she's the best! Thank you to the Scarritt Building and all of the Scarrit

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 TSIVIA W

Everything about this place was crazy and off. They changed my wedding planner 3 times, the last time two weeks before the wedding. 1/2 of the things they promised didn't end up happening. We had to pay extra money to use the parking garage, they cashed our check, and then the... Read More day of the wedding the garage was closed because they had kept the money and not paid the company that owned the garage. We also had to give them a deposit for $500, in case we damaged anything. They cashed that check a month before we even had the wedding, said it was an accounting error, and 5 months later we still haven't been refunded. We didn't have bartenders at the wedding that we paid for, we didn't have security guards, and again, this was something we paid for. Save your self some money and stress and don't even consider these people. Oh, and our 'private suites' were broken into and things were stolen.

5 Star Reception Venue

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Raimonda S

My wedding reception was at the Scarritt Grand Ballroom on September 15, 2012. Everything was perfect. Shilah is the best!!!! She's easy to work with & she made sure everything went the way I wanted it. I would recommend this venue to everyone. It's beautiful.

Hidden Gem of Kansas City

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Tom R

I looked at dozens of venues in KC before presenting 3 to my bride. Of them Scarritt was head and shoulders above the rest, The interior is gorgeous with marble and glass chandlers. Shilah is the coordinator and she was wonderful to work with. We can't recommend the Scarritt... Read More enough.

Reception Venue

Reviewed on 3/30/2011 Mary O

Beautiful venue and great service!

Review for Scarritt Grand Ballroom

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Rebekah A

Our reception site event manager, was amazing! She worked with my caterer very closely, to ensure the entire reception went off without a hitch. The site itself was very beautiful too! I don't think I could have changed anything to make it better than it was.;Everything... Read More went perfectly. No problems whatsoever.