Scenic Springs Wedding & Event Site

Helotes, TX

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Tucked away in Helotes, Texas, Scenic Springs Wedding & Event Site channels the charm of hill country to create picture-perfect weddings. Scenic Springs Wedding & Event Site is a ten-acre country estate in the historic Grey Forest. The estate offers you a fleet of indoor and outdoor locations for your special day.

Grand Lawn. Ideal for outdoor ceremonies and receptions, the Grand Lawn is at once intimate and awe-inspiring. Walk down the aisle over a bridge with a natural creek bubbling underneath and say “I do” in a gazebo framed by mature trees. Keep an eye out for the peacocks milling among your guests.

Grand Hall. Step inside the Grand Hall for a bird’s eye view of Texas’s hill country. Vaulted ceilings with rustic beams and a wraparound cedar porch make this space as deliciously Texan as the vista. The Grand Hall accommodates 250 guests.

The Lodge. A quaint stone building flowing into stone patios and winding stone garden paths, the Lodge moves your party seamlessly from an indoor to an outdoor space. A raised pavilion takes your celebration literally to the next level and lanterns strung from the trees will enchant you and your guests. The Lodge accommodates 300 guests.

When you book your wedding at this breathtaking venue, you are getting more than just a gorgeous location. A team of wedding experts will be dedicated to giving you a hassle-free wedding. Everything you need is on site or offered through one of Scenic Springs’ partnering vendors.

Scenic Springs Wedding & Event Site deals in four wedding packages.

Elopement package. You will have access to the facility for two hours and may have a maximum of 20 guests. Elopement is not available Friday-Sunday.

Ceremony only package. You will have access to the facility for two hours and for an additional one hour rehearsal. You may have up to 150 guests. On Saturdays, holidays and during peak seasons, the ceremony only package may be unavailable or subject to price changes.

Ceremony and reception package. You will have access to the facility for 12 hours and for an additional one hour rehearsal. You may have up to 150 guests.

All-inclusive package. You will have access to the facility for 12 hours and for an additional one hour rehearsal. You may have up to 150 guests. In addition to the basic décor needs provided for in other packages, the all-inclusive package includes photography, floristry, catering, open bar and a custom-made wedding cake.

Because of the popularity of this venue, you should book well in advance of your wedding date. Tours of the facility can be scheduled before you book.

Scenic Springs Wedding & Event Site has not become an award-winning venue for five consecutive years by sitting on its laurels. There are some of the perks that have won this venue its accolades:

• optional ceremony officiant
  • no taxes, surcharges or cleanup/setup fees
  • honeymoon cottage, decorated in the splendid colors of the peacocks who wander the estate
  • flavored coffees, for guests who love a tasty drink but prefer to avoid alcohol
  • customized, professional lighting

Happily Ever After Starts Here...

Scenic Springs is a picturesque 10-acre estate in historic Grey Forest. The gorgeous Grand Lawn is ideal for your outdoor ceremony or reception. The indoor Hall affords panoramic views of the Hill Country and a truly unforgettable experience. Scenic Springs is perfect for Weddings, Receptions, Parties, Showers, Corporate Retreats and a large array of other events, and is conveniently located just 10 minutes from Loop 1604 & Bandera, UTSA main campus, La Cantera & Leon Springs. Come out and escape the city for a while. Relax under one of the many large oak trees, watch the peacocks strolling serenely around the estate, and experience the most beautiful ‘best kept secret’ in Texas! Visit our website for current specials!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Estate, Historic Venue

19215 Scenic Loop Rd, Helotes, TX (210) 877-1558

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Irene P

My husband and I got married at Scenic Springs on November 12, 2016. It was literally the best day of my life. We purchased the all inclusive peacock package and Joni was our coordinator. Joni made the entire year up until the wedding and then our wedding day a stress free... Read More experience. She always kept in contact with me and sent me updates. I also kept in contact with her and she would always respond quickly. I could always feel the friendliness in her emails and she always responded with great detail. The property is absolutely beautiful with free roaming peacocks and deer. The hall has a rustic elegant feel to it with a gorgeous view of the hill country. Got It Covered was our catering and linens company, Kent was our DJ, Joe Posada and band was our live band that we hired, Lorna from Scenic Springs designed our cake, groom's cake and monogram, Sherry from Wilson Landscape Nursery and Florist was our florist who designed the most beautiful full arch for our ceremony and big beautiful flower balls for our reception, Paul Anthony and Lala Duclos did my hair and make-up, Kaethe and Sarah from A Many-Splendored Thing Photography were our two photographers and we also had two videographers from Alamo HD Weddings. Our photo booth was from Black Tie Party Rentals and Jamie was a pleasure to work with. Pastor Samuel Galindo married us. If I missed any other vendors, I do apologize. Joni coordinated with all of our vendors so well and all of our guests complimented how organized the event was. It really was a dream come true fairytale wedding. Please please please book here. You will not regret booking at Scenic Springs!!! If you can, consider getting the all inclusive package. It really is a one stop shop. You and your fiance will pick out what you want at your appointments and everything else is taken care of for you!!! P.S. I will be happy to share pictures with any future bride!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Liz K

Scenic Springs was the most AMAZING venue!! From the moment we walked in they were completely on the ball and were so easy to work with. Freda Hoffman was my coordinator and she is the most wonderful, supportive, helpful and creative person! She was always so easy to work with,... Read More and was just all around wonderful!! The rest of the staff was so wonderful! Our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch and ran smoothly the entire time thank you to Freda, Lorna, and their amazing team!! People are still raving about my wedding and it has already been almost a month out! I wholeheartedly recommend this venue! They have a variety of options and really make it an easy one stop shop which was a HUGE TIME SAVER!!!!

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/25/2013

The venue, personnel, service and more importantly support was unimaginable. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The friendly peacocks roam around freely but manage to stay at a friendly distance. Nature at its finest is a good way to describe the scenery. More importantly we... Read More found the staff exceptionally warm, so friendly and so very helpful. They made us feel as if our event was the only event they had on their agenda. The staff was outstanding, the wedding coordinator treated you like family and every staff member we met with was so kind and helpful (wait I already said that). We had already visited other venues (several) prior to committing to Scenic Springs. I had even committed to one venue prior to my visit to Scenic Springs and had already paid a hefty deposit. Although the other venue was nice, I found the experience very business-like, staff was detached and uninvolved. It seemed very much like a business transaction and it really made us all uneasy. So we kept looking, even though we had already found what we thought would be the wedding venue. However, once we visited Scenic Springs and saw the beautiful outdoor greenery that was so well kept and we met with the staff, we knew we had to hold my daughter’s special day at this very place. I cancelled my reservation at the other venue I had already secured and lost my entire deposit and although it was a costly decision, I knew we made the right one. We were so very blessed to have come across this jewel. I cannot say enough about the whole experience. It was beautifully coordinated and we felt as if so many of our concerns were lifted off our shoulders and they took care of so many details we thought we had to worry about and even some of the details we forgot. They also made exceptional recommendations on catering, which we took and found the caters to be exceptional as well. More importantly, Scenic Springs staff is unique in their support, their expertise, and their guidance and overall with their way of making the bride, the family and the whole experience so very special. A wedding day is one of the most important days in a bride/grooms life, if we could do it all over again, I am certain both the groom and bride would have not changed anything about their wedding and overall experience. Thank you Scenic Springs for a memorable event. We received so many, many compliments on the scenery, the graceful flow of the day from the outdoor ceremony to the indoor reception. Thank you!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Stephanie H

Freda was our wedding planner and she was wonderful! The property is beautiful and staff is so helpful! I will recommend this venue to anyone for any event! They made my day priceless and memorable!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017

We absolutely loved scenic springs. We knew from our first appointment that this was our place. The staff was amazing. The view was amazing and very peaceful. We used the hall for both ceremony and reception which was exceptional. The backdrop of the view made for a great... Read More ceremony space and pictures. We are very happy with our experience, Plus, the two peacocks walking around was amazing. You will not be disappointed. :)))))

Reviewed on 2/26/2017

Scenic Springs is an excellent wedding venue. Our wedding was February 18th 2017 and we couldn't have asked for a better day. I would definitely recommend this venue for an outdoor wedding the scenery is stunning and the the staff are extremely professional. We had a top notch... Read More experience and I can't imagine a more perfect place for the occasion.

Reviewed on 2/24/2017

My husband and I got married at scenic springs on February 18th 2017. Scenic springs is the most amazing wedding venue. It's like when you think back to when you were a little girl, and picture your wedding day. Scenic springs is just like that! My wedding day was the best day... Read More of my life I wouldn't change one thing about it. Thank you so much for the best experience of my life!!!!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Candace J

I fell in love with Scenic Springs from the moment I stepped out of the car, its has a beautiful rustic hill country feel to it with a river, peacocks and deer roaming the grounds. Joni was our corrdinator as she was wonderful, she kept in touch with me and made sure the day of... Read More went off without a hitch. We used their Baker for our cakes and their DJ and we were not disappointed, I would definitely recommend Scenic Springs to anyone looking for a venue.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Sarai P

We used scenic springs for our daughters Quinceanera celebration. Everything was affordable and it worked for us. We used the party package, and Freda, Joni and Lorna really helped us. They kept in contact with the vendors, and in good communication with us. It is a... Read More beautiful facility for the value and we were able to enjoy the evening. They also had a list of approved vendors that were great. I Would highly recommend Scenic Springs.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Beth C

Scenic Springs is an absolutely beautiful wedding venue. Our wedding reception was everything we had ever imagined it to be. We were planning our wedding for two years and Freda was a wonderful Wedding Manager who made sure our big day was the best ever. Jacob was the DJ for our... Read More reception and he was excellent at making sure we got the music we wanted for each part of the reception. Our cake and groom's cake were also made by Scenic Springs and it was exactly how we pictured them to be. Over all, having our reception at Scenic Springs was one of the best decisions we could have made for our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie R

I had the most beautiful wedding at Scenic Springs, the staff was so helpful and friendly and really made the whole experience stress free. They aloud us to decorate and set up the day before giving me time to relax and really enjoy the whole day of my wedding. The outdoor... Read More ceremony area is so peaceful and beautiful with wildlife and a running creek. The reception hall is absolutely beautiful with a wrap around deck over looking the country side, and the inside is just as gorgeous. I couldn't have found a better place to get married, It was so much better than I ever hoped for . Thank you Scenic Springs!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Janette S

Got married at Scenic Springs back on October 23, 2015. We had our ceremony there and couldn't have asked for a better experience. After looking at a number of different venues we decided on Scenic Springs because from the very beginning we knew it was the one. They did... Read More everything in their power to make it easy and as stress free as possible. Our wedding planner Murri was the best. We knew that if we had a question or wanted to change something we could always get in touch with her and she really took time to make it the best day possible. Couldn't have asked for a better venue! It was exactly what I envisioned as a romantic, sunset ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Kyla H

Our wedding was absolutely amazing! Joni did a great job making sure everything came together nicely and staying with the schedule. Lorna made the cake and monogram on the wall both were perfect! We were truly satisfied with the way everything went and the day was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Celeste G

Beautiful venue and great staff! Freda was wonderful! She did a great job on keeping in touch with our timeline and all vendors involved. We had the ceremony only but it would be nice if it was more affordable to have the hall included.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Autum R

We loved this venue for our rustic outdoor wedding! It is tucked away outside the city, but only a 20 minute drive. They have lots of packages to choose from and there were many inclusions in the package we chose that other venues didn't offer. Both Lorna and Joni were awesome... Read More to work with, both very sweet and helpful. Joni was always very quick to respond to my many emails which is important when planning a wedding. Our families came in from out of state and we felt this was the perfect venue to show them a little slice of Texas hill country. They all gushed over the beauty. We had our ceremony in front of a tree next to the creek that runs through the property, but there are plenty of other choices including a gazebo and multiple archways. We also had a small reception on the beautiful tiered stone patio. It was the perfect day for us and we are so grateful to have found scenic springs, they gave us everything we were looking for in a venue and I would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Maria B

We had our dream wedding! Loved everything about it. Thank you for helping us making it happen!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Kyle P

This was the dream spot for my wife and I. The scenery is beautiful. It was quiet and well maintained. We had lots of time available on the property before the wedding in order to prepare. There was only a few little things that didn't work out for us. My parents and family... Read More were seated across the room from the bridal table instead of next to it where was planned. By the time my wife and I got to the hall after pictures it was too late. The wedding planner did not see it necessary I guess. The other thing that went a little wrong was the music. We found out at the very last second that we could not connect our iPhone to their provided sound system. On top of that if we did then one of our guests would have to stand at the back to control the music. Luckily we had a Bluetooth speaker that was loud enough to cover the area. My only suggestion is do not bother to use their wedding planner. Everything else was amazing.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Kristen D

Murri was helpful in every step of the process. The cake was delicious, the decorations were beautiful, and they helped coordinate with all of our other vendors. Our day was perfect thanks to scenic springs!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Caroline V

Scenic springs was perfect for us!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Rebecca D

A beautiful venue operated by very sweet, helpful people!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Christie L

Scenic Springs is a beautiful venue with staff that will make your dream wedding come true. Lorna Main is an exceptional director that executed all my planning and vision of the perfect wedding day. Thank you Scenic Springs for an unforgetable wedding day I will never forget for... Read More the rest of my life.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 John S

Scenic Springs is an amazing location and the service they provided was excellent. I highly recommend this location for your special day.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Marisa C

Scenic Springs was an amazing place for our wedding. The venue was beautiful and very accommodating. Freda was awesome in helping us get everything set up for the day. All we had to do was pick our vendors and she handled everything else. We didn't have to worry about anything.... Read More She handled all of the coordination between the venues and other vendors. She was great!! The day of was amazingtoo everything was taken care of just the way we had planned. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a beautiful wedding in the hill country!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Sarah E

Everything was absolutely perfect for my once in a lifetime wedding. I wanted the most beautiful venue in san Antonio, and I got it. Thank you! Everyone was also very helpful.

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Zara M

Scenic Springs was absolutely amazing! They took care of everything and more. I had a few vegetarians and a vegan coming to our BBQ Dinner wedding, so I had made two vegan casseroles with sides. Since the groom and I weren't doing a "First Look" before we got married I couldn't... Read More go back and forth from the dressing room to the reception hall to heat up the items because my husband would've seen me. They made sure it got heated up (and put the chip and "cheese" topping on) and was set up for the guests. They went above and beyond to make sure everything went smooth and made the day perfect!