Schweitzer Mountain Resort

Sandpoint, ID

There is no better place to exclaim "I do!"

Breathtaking views of sparkling Lake Pend Oreille and three mountain ranges await you at our cozy mountain resort. Schweitzer Mountain is a four season resort nestled in the Selkirk Mountains. Let us help you celebrate your "Happily Ever After" on top of the World!

Ballroom, Hotel, Mountain, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering

10000 Schweitzer Mountain Road, Sandpoint, ID (208) 263-9555

Beautiful venue, great staff!

Reviewed on 12/29/2012 Rebe C

We had our wedding reception up at Schweitzer Mountain Resort and it was one of the best decisions we made, especially because winter wedding logistics are fairly difficult to plan (a lot of venues are shut down or have limited capacity in the winter). The staff and wedding... Read More planners were very professional and made everything so easy for us--as close to stress-free on our big day as possible (which is a huge gift for any bride). Another big plus for us was that our guests got to stay in the resort hotels which were just a few hundred feet from the reception (because most people stayed on the mountain, it was our wedding plus a family and friend reunion in one, everyone had a great time!). Everything was close and convenient, and the view from the mountain looking out over the valley and the lake is amazing!!! Because the Schweitzer staff took care of us so well, we were even able to get some runs in on the slopes :) Highly recommended for winter and summer weddings!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

Many thanks to the amazing staff of Schweitzer Mountain Resort who went above and beyond to make my Son and his Brides Wedding Day exceptional. Special thanks to Katie Turner who was remarkable at keeping everything organized,on time and exhibiting a tremendous calm even when I... Read More realized the wedding cake flowers were in fact on top of the mountain. (She managed to get them down and in place before the guests arrived). To Marty Bennett who rounded up full length mirrors for the bridal party whom were getting ready in the White Pines Club and organized the cake table. To the chef for the wonderful meal served buffet style where the pork and chicken were moist, the green beans crisp and the salad garden fresh. We had rave reviews from our guests. The bartenders and waitresses, the bike patrol who retrieved several items that some guests had accidentally dropped from the chair lift. And, last but not least the personable Lifties and the behind the scene Sales Manager Matt Hofmann and Wedding Specialist Jamie Neptune. Thanks for hanging in there with us with all our questions and special requests during the planning stages. Your the best, Shelley Vincent

2015-09-03T11:19:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks again Shelly, we are so happy to have met and worked with you on this very special occasion. We truly appreciate you, your friends and families kindness throughout the event!

I was on top of the world when I got married

Reviewed on 8/14/2011 Sarah N

This place was beautiful! You can't beat nature! Everyone was very helpful and super nice. The downside is the reception venue is very "rustic" and the food was not the best. But, you cannot beat the view!

2012-08-03T15:09:38 Response from the vendor

The views are spectacular! Mountains, lakes and all of nature it all of it's glory! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your special day with us and unfortunately we must have had a rare night that our food was not as outstanding as it... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/04/2018 Michael M

Schweitzer was a great place to have a wedding. The mountain location, views, and outdoor scenery really made it special. I believe we were also one of the first groups to utilize the new summit lodge, which is where we chose to have the rehearsal dinner. From the beginning,... Read More Schweitzer was very open to our ideas about the wedding, and even allowed us to hang our own bistro lights from the main lodge to the village clock tower. Schweitzer also allowed us to serve guests champagne as they boarded the chairlift and rode to the top for the summit ceremony. Activity spaces were setup as described, and the meal service was very good. In particular, I got a lot of compliments about the sirloin steak that was served – it was perfectly cooked. There are only a few reasons I haven’t given Schweitzer the full five stars. One of which was that I was not totally impressed with the White Pine lodging situation. In the summer heat, the small window air-conditioners that are used simply couldn’t keep up. The rooms and the hallways in the White Pine were uncomfortably hot, especially when you were to consider dressing in a full suit. Thankfully, last minute, I was allowed to rent the presidential suite at the Selkirk lodge, which had much more suitable air conditioning, and which I used for my groomsmen and me to get ready before the ceremony. Next, only weeks before the wedding, Schweitzer suddenly claimed that we would be required to be down the chairlift from the summit ceremony an hour earlier than was originally planned. As you can imagine, it was FAR too late in the game to change schedule, yet it was only after I cited early email communication from Schweitzer (which thankfully I saved) that they agreed to honor the original schedule. It was still stressful, nonetheless. As more minor details: one of the pony kegs that we requested for the reception dinner was not ordered, and champagne glasses were not filled when we were ready for the toast (causing a bit of a delay). I don’t believe we were charged for the pony keg that was given in consolation. Overall, it was a great wedding and after party. Everyone who came said they had a great time, and many of the mentioned details weren’t even noticed by guests.

2018-04-07T11:53:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review! I am so happy to hear that you and your loved ones shared a memorable experience here on Schweitzer Mountain. We are always working with our White Pines owners to improve... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

A great venue for my daughter's Mountain Top Wedding! It was absolutely beautiful, and the staff Jamie Neptune and Katie Turner were great. Very helpful in all things. Schweitzer Village group sales was awesome at providing great discounts for lodging for our guests, the lodging... Read More options were awesome, and all our guests had a great time. The staff at the reception in the Lakeview Lodge was great, efficient , and the meal was wonderful. I would recommend this if you are looking for a Mountain Top Wedding with a fantastic view! Great experience!

Beautiful but expensive

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Chelsey S

This venue is so beautiful for both ceremony and reception. It's such a unique experience for guests to ride the chairlift up to the top for the ceremony and the view is breathtaking. The downfall is that it is pricey. It didn't seem like a lot of money at first, but then it was... Read More just one thing after another with fees and extra costs that it really started to add up. Also, the wedding coordinators are nice and great people, but we had a terrible experience with them. Little to no help or guidance, especially the day off when we needed it the most. We had a lot of guests even make comments about how unhelpful she was. If you factor the wedding coordinator into the price of what you pay, we definitely didn't get our moneys worth! But everything ended up going smooth and we had a beautiful and fantastic day!