Sea Cliff Manor

Sea Cliff, NY

Historic Waterfront Mansion on the Water

One of the Long Island's most unique wedding and event venues is The Sea Cliff Manor, a place where tradition meets art in an awe-inspiring water view setting. Our historic waterfront mansion is the perfect choice for the couple who wants their wedding celebration to really stand out from the pack. Your guests will have the exclusive enjoyment of the mansion and its seafront gardens, as we do only one event at a time. Sea Cliff Manor is where Old World tradition meets modern elegance. Sea Cliff Manor’s beautiful outdoor garden veranda overlooking the Long Island Sound is the most romantic backdrop for the wedding ceremony or an “al fresco” cocktail hour, while you and your guests gaze on Sea Cliff's breathtaking sunsets.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

395 Prospect Avenue, Sea Cliff, NY (516) 671-0200

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Alanna G

I can't say enough about Sea Cliff Manor! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and everything we desired it to be. Ian was phenomenal every step of the way. He worked closely with us to personalize our wedding. From planning the menus (which accommodated all our guests' dietary... Read More restrictions) to smaller details such as placement of lanterns for the ceremony, Ian made our day exactly what we wanted it to be. He was committed to making our day perfect! We were so impressed with the personal attention we received. Sea Cliff Manor is NOT a "wedding factory." There is only one event at a time, so the staff really focuses on you. Our guests were so impressed by the venue, beautiful views and excellent service. Our wedding was magical and a day we will remember forever. Thank you, Ian and everyone at Sea Cliff, for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Theresa S

We had initially heard about Sea Cliff from a family friend. When we had our first appointment to see Sea Cliff, Ian the maitre'd was away and we met with the owner instead. He was very down to earth and and apparently also owns a butcher shop on Long Island that supplies the... Read More meat for Sea Cliff. As the food quality was important to us, we were impressed. They also supplied the burrata for the heirloom tomato salad we had for the meal which was delicious. Guests kept telling us how delicious the food was. When we met Ian we found his enthusiasm contagious. He was always available with any questions we might have and open to any ideas for the reception. From the way he spoke, we could tell he cares a lot about Sea Cliff and making sure we have a wonderful experience. We had 120 guests at the wedding which was a perfect size. Sea Cliff has a Victorian feel and is a perfect location for a romantic intimate wedding as your wedding is the only event going on at that time. It is very reasonably priced and a great value. Overall we had an amazing, memorable time and were so happy we chose Sea Cliff! Would definitely recommend. (married June 2016)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Michael J

I would love to give Sea Cliff Manor a 10 Star rating if possible. There were so many factors that made our night so special and I would like to start off by saying it would t have been possible without Ian, the maitre d'. He was fantastic from the very beginning to the end of... Read More the big day. Friendly and knowledgeable, he went above and beyond to make sure we got everything we wanted/needed and more. There was never an issue when we would call to ask questions or make some small changes. He is the backbone of the establishment, running the place with class, always a smile on his face, and his staff for the wedding night were just as pleasant. The venue, located on top of a small hill was very well maintained, beautiful flowers and manicured tress and hedges could be seen everywhere, but what I loved the most was watching the sunset over the water. If you are looking for a place that isn't a wedding factory you definitely need to swing by and talk to Ian. We really loved how they only do one wedding a night, so all the attention is on your wedding. The food was amazing! I believe that the roots of Sea Cliff Manor really shine here as the venue was formerly Elizabeth Taylor's favorite French restaurant Sans Souci. From great staff, great location to the great food, you really cannot go wrong here!!! Ian, thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Kathleen D

We got married 3 weeks ago. Our first venue cancelled our contract six months before our wedding. Our caterer, Nick, seamlessly eased us into using Sea Cliff Manor and I could not have picked a better venue. Ian was a pleasure to work with, and our Maitre D, Joseph, was an... Read More absolute angel the entire day. I couldn't possibly say more good things about him or Sea Cliff. He was attentive and truly made our wedding day the best day of our lives. Joseph, Ian, and Nick were amazing. You will not regret this choice.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Michael J

November Wedding

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Stephanie M

I had my wedding here a few weeks ago. We had about 130 people. Ian was wonderful to work with. The day of my wedding I didn't worry about a thing. Everyone raved about the food. If you are looking for a wedding on long island that is actually reasonable and you would like a... Read More small charming location than the Sea Cliff Manor is for you.

A wonderful venue with a questionable staff.

Reviewed on 12/30/2014 Lesley S

We got married at Sea Cliff Manor back in August 2014 and when I originally booked my wedding I worked with Meryl and about 2 months before my wedding, Ian and James came on the scene. The transition wasn't smooth and it definitely had its hiccups. There was confusion about how... Read More much I had paid, details of my cake were lost and Ian even went as far as to try to educate me about tipping. We finally got everything straightened out before the wedding and got to a nice comfortable relationship with them. I had even over paid and they informed me I would be getting cash back the night of. The wedding was beautiful and cocktail hour ran smoothly. Somehow the schedule got a little rushed but I do understand these things happen. Then after cake, Ian pulled us aside and explained that we wouldn't be getting money back (It was only $200) - he was trying to tell me I had more than I had invited - believe me; I didn't. So I explained that the money back was going to be part of the tip for him and James and that I had added a little more to their card, but that's what I had. Ian then tries to tell me that THIS is why he brought up his tip on the phone. I excused myself as I wanted to enjoy my wedding and not argue with him. I had also asked that Ian make sure that people were signing my guestbook as it wasn't in a properly lit spot and people weren't signing it. He didn't make an announcement and unfortunately only about 5 people signed. As the wedding winded down and guests began to leave, I came to realize that the welcome table with the seating cards was never changed over to the thank you table with the gifts, so consequently, many of our guests left without favors. Again, you would think no big deal, but I did 90% of the set up for my wedding myself, was obnoxiously organized and had asked Ian to please make sure the table got turned over. Fast forward to the end of the night, when the Kays bag that held my second wedding band (I had 2 - one for each side of the engagement ring - but only used 1 during the ceremony) was returned to me with no ring in it. Now unfortunately I didn't think about it until the next day seeing as I had just gotten married and was thinking about many other things, but nevertheless the ring was gone. When questioned, Ian simply said had if he found it, it would have been returned and that he had to trust his staff and it has never turned up since. I had insurance on it but since a safe wasn't broken into and I wasn't held at gun point for it to have been taken, 'it wasn't covered'. All in all, my wedding was amazing. The location on the water overlooking my hometown, priceless. The quaint, charming house was perfect for us. It was affordable and had a lot to offer. The food was good and drinks were flowing. I could have certainly done without the drama with Ian and really would have liked if more people took favors so I wasn't left with 50 of them taking up space in my guest room. The only not positive things I heard from guests was about the staff. Most of all, I would have liked to have my other diamond ring, but I suppose everything happens for a reason. When I look back at my wedding day, I will always look at it with happiness and joy but will also remember my ring missing... It was still a great venue and day and I don't think I would change it if I had to do it again, but be on high alert and don't leave valuables in the bridal suite.

Had a beautiful wedding

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

We had our wedding over the weekend. We can't begin to say how happy we were that we chose Sea Cliff Manor. Ian was amazing. He was attentive to detail, professional and made the day absolutely stress-free for us. Our guests have repeatedly told us it was one of the best... Read More weddings they attended. The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. The venue is a historic manor on the Long Island sound, making it a picture perfect event. Our ceremony was outside under the arbor. Once the reception began inside everything flowed like a well choreographed first dance. Ian and his staff maintained an atmosphere that every bride wants, Happy guests, Great food and Good drinks! Ian, thank you again for making our special day so memorable!!

Our Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 12/05/2013 Meredith W

Sea Cliff Manor was amazing they gave me the wedding of my dreams that I could afford. The food was amazing, all my guests were so impressed. I love this place so much I wish I could be there everyday, it is so homey and beautiful. Meryl and James went above and beyond for us... Read More and I couldn't be more grateful for them. I was a bride that micromanaged everything and they were 5 steps ahead of me to make sure everything was perfect. Everyone must check them out!

Excited Bride for May 2014 Wedding at Sea Cliff Manor

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 renee k

I am writing the first part of this review for brides thinking about Sea Cliff Manor, formerly San Souci in Sea Cliff, New York; with the second part to be submitted following our wedding in May of 2014. The facility is for brides who are looking for a more intimate venue,... Read More as this beautiful old Victorian House hosts only one event at a time. The gorgeous setting is on a hill. There is a garden patio overlooking the water for the ceremony and cocktail hour. The inside of Sea Cliff Manor is breath-taking, with plenty of windows to look out upon the beautiful scenery and have the late day sun shine through. One of the most crucial facets to the success of such a memorable occasion is the people who you deal with. And, in all of our dealings with our banquet manager, Megan has been extremely professional with every detail; answering even the smallest questions promptly and offering ideas, suggestions and outside vendors for my wedding. We had a tasting prior to signing the contract, and the food was amazing, as Megan and her staff presented us with a medley of choices from their menus. From the Seared Teriyaki Salmon to the Chicken Marsala, the salad and pasta choices were all outstanding, and have made our dinner selections even more difficult; which is a great problem to have. The service we will be receiving will include two maître d's for the front and back of the house, enough wait staff to care for everyone at our special day, and a bartender to serve from the top-shelf open bar. While Sea Cliff Manor is in a relatively new stage in its current existence, and there are not many reviews for this venue, I can assure you that as it becomes more well-known, and in turn becomes more popular for events like mine, there will be a plethora of reviews like this one. So brides--so far, so very good! And, I am so excited to experience my day and share my experiences with all of you.

Perfect day

Reviewed on 8/17/2013 Mary Theresa K

Our wedding at Sans Souci was perfect in every way. The venue was gorgeous, the day was beautiful, and guests are still raving about the food. Everything went smoothly and I am so glad we had our wedding reception at Sans Souci.

Reviewed on 7/30/2011 Ali G

Food was great, their house baker is excellent, and everyone had a good time for a price that didn't break the bank. Towards the end, we felt really rushed out, though. It is nice that it is a one event at a time place, and it has a nice old mansion feel with a very nice... Read More garden area where we had our cocktail hour. It is not a wedding factory, and it allowed us to have an elegant and laid back affair.

Oh What a Night!

Reviewed on 6/01/2011 Stacy G

Great venue for the smaller wedding. 140/150 Max! Food and Service impeccable. We always felt like we were their only client. Location is beautiful with a waterview. Highly recommend!!

Perfect from start to finish

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Elizabeth C

I had my small (72 guests) Saturday evening reception here in late October. From start to finish, the evening couldn't have been better. Guests arrived earlier than the start time, but Sans Souci plied them with seats and drinks until the official start time. The food was... Read More EXCELLENT. As the bride, I actually got to try most of the appetizers at cocktail hour and got served my dinner and dessert first. I was never without a beverage. I heard from my guests that they, too, enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Merle, one of the managers, worked with us through everything and couldn't have been nicer. I thought the price per person was very reasonable for LI. I liked that everything, from the cake to the linens to the menu, was taken care of for me so I didn't have to coordinate a bunch of different vendors.

Great food & service

Reviewed on 10/10/2010 Kazumi D

We had about 60 guests for our wedding. Most of our guests complimented the food. Staff were very friendly and helpful and made our day goes by smoothly. The view from the garden and window is beautiful as well. It's not a glamorous place but has a nice charm.

Sans Souci of Sea Cliff

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Laura L

My husband and I searched long and hard for the perfect venue for our wedding and when we had just about had it, we stumbled upon Sans Souci and I'm so happy that we did. The place fit our expectations perfectly. We were looking for a low-key, yet beautiful and elegant venue... Read More near the water to have our day wedding in May 2010. Anastacios, the banquet manager, was extremely helpful from day one and with our many special requests, he really came through the day of the wedding. The service was great, the food was absolutely delicious and the view of Hempstead Harbor out the wall of windows could not be beat. We had 125 guests and I felt that the room was full but not tight. Personally, I would not recommend having more than 150 people, even though they tell you they can accomodate up to 200. It's just not the right fit for a large wedding. For us, it was just what we wanted and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful, elegant, budget-friendly venue.

Great

Reviewed on 5/26/2010 natalia g

I looove that place. The food was great and everything else too!!!!!