Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

1530 Kalaniwai Place, Honolulu, HI (808) 354-4606

Helped make my dream wedding come true - even after last minute venue cancellation

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Kristine Y

The ladies at SOLE made my dream destination wedding in Oahu come true. I started working with Karine and her team a year in advance to locate a private estate since these book up fast. Since I live in Texas and there's a 5 hour time difference, they were flexible with online... Read More meetings via Skype and we also exchanged countless emails and phone calls. I liked how organized they were with providing a detailed budget breakdown, vendor recommendations, design sketches and photos, timelines, vendor payment checklist, and various other collaboration docs. Everything I've mentioned so far is pretty standard; the reason I would recommend SOLE hands down to anyone is due to how they handled the situation where my venue cancelled on me two months before the wedding. Karine and Vanessa made countless calls every single day to property managers, private estate owners, and hotels. They also called me daily with spreadsheets to give me updates on the progress. I would have totally lost it if I didn't have SOLE scouring the island trying to find me a substitute venue. About 3 weeks later we found a venue that was even more compatible and had everything that I wanted in the first place (by the ocean, getting ready rooms for wedding party, updated estate). When we flew into Honolulu, they met with us in person and volunteered for another meeting at the estate. On the day of the wedding, I did not have to remember the timeline or a single thing. Karine handled all design aspects, Vanessa and her assist. directed and cued our huge wedding party (19 of us) and no one had to worry about anything. I'll never forget one moment when I misplaced my bouquet before the bouquet toss and Vanessa runs into the house and literally flies out of it - leaping across the stairs to deliver the bouquet to me right as the emcee announces the start. These ladies are amazing. Worth every penny.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Nicole W

Affordable, organized, and professional. I cannot speak highly enough about SOLE!I contacted several wedding planners before I met with Karine and Melanie. Once all of them heard that it was only going to be a small ceremony (which means less $$), they became completely... Read More unreachable and unwilling to work with me. This was NOT the case with SOLE! Melanie was AMAZING with communication, she helped me with some great ideas for my wedding, and was just overall a wonderful person! After everything was over, I realized that nothing would have ran as smoothly without her. She did so much more than I expected and always seemed to remember every detail of my wedding even though I knew she had more to plan. I feel like I found the best kept wedding planner seceret on Oahu!

LOVE SOLE - Best Wedding Planning Team!

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 Cindy M

I cannot say enough about Karine and her team at SOlE! They are amazing! I engaged SOlE a year before my destination wedding. From day one I was impressed by Karine and her operation. I made one trip to Honolulu and Karine and her team arranged so many meetings with wonderful... Read More vendors and they attended most. It was a fantastic start! The team is so good at communicating and is hyper-organized which I so appreciate! They had fantastic checklists to keep me in check and a timeline for the event that was amazing! Throughout the year they were wonderful about emails and skyping and they were always super responsive. They led us in the right direction for vendor selection and were just pros int he event planning. The wedding was absolutely the wedding of my dreams and I know it would not have happened with out SOLE. I had many people tell me that they were glad they had already had their wedding, because mine was so great. A HUGE THANK YOU to Karine, Desiree, Faith and her team. The day could not have gone more smoothly!!! I appreciated their attention to EVERY detail - it was just amazing. Picking SOLE as my wedding planning team was the best decision I made for my wedding (beside a destination to Hawaii!). They were just professional and GREAT!!!!!

Mahalo!

Reviewed on 8/17/2012 Cynthia L

My husband Neil and I were married this past August 1st, 2012. We decided to have our wedding in Kapolei Oahu. We couldn't have chosen a better wedding planner than Karine and her staff of Seasons of Life Events for our destination wedding. I found them while searching for a... Read More wedding planner via TheKnot.com. We were engaged for 3 months and new we had to go to Hawaii to research a venue and wedding planner. We met with Karine and I instantly knew she and her staff would provide the best service for us. Karine's genuine, caring, orangized and effient peronality made us already feel so welcomed. Her and her staff are very professional, always available if you need her and just a sweetheart to work with. They made our wedding above and beyond what we had expected it to be! They all made sure our wedding was our "DREAM WEDDING" and took care of EVERYTHING. They were able to assist me with additional details, vendors, and so many different and new ideas that were beautiful! On the day of the wedding, I couldn't have been more relaxed and stress free either. They were so organized on the timeline and made sure everything was in order. Tears of joy and love was all around us on the wedding day. We couldn't have done it without Seasons of Life. They definitely made our wedding remarkable and memorable for the rest of our life. Karine, Faith, Desiree and Melanie are truly the best ever! A BIG Mahalo to Karine and the staff of Seasons of Life for all their hard work and dedication in making our wedding a dream come true!

SOL Team = Amazing

Reviewed on 6/15/2012 Julie

I am so thankful that I decided to hire the Seasons Of Life team for Day of Coordination. I planned my wedding entirely from California so I didn't really know where to start as to hiring vendors since I couldn't interview them in person. I hired SOL once I spoke with Karine.... Read More She was so sweet and knowledgeable and I trusted her judgment on whom to use. She provided vendor suggestions within my budget and all of her recommendations were spot on. I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. The wedding day went so smoothly and I can't say enough about our Day of Coordinator Desiree. She was so patient with all of my emails and needing to be involved in the final planning stages. She was a life-saver on the day of the wedding and allowed me to actually relax while she dealt with the various vendors. She did a fantastic job keeping us on schedule during the reception and making sure everything turned out perfect. She was so sweet and pleasant, I received several compliments from the guests and my bridesmaids on how much they liked her. I highly recommend at least hiring a day of coordinator so that you and all of your guests can just have fun!!

Wedding planner

Reviewed on 5/24/2012 Jae A

Desiree was our day of coordinator. She was so skilled in what she does and did it with a smile. My family told me later that when they asked something, for example, the program-- they sensed a little attitude. I also recall a miscommunication about the transferring of our... Read More ceremony flowers to the reception area. But she was great leading up to the actual wedding day. Definite recommendation!

Over the Top....WOW!!!

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 CGL H

Karine and her staff did an absolutely amazing job ensuring that our special day was PERFECT! I admire their professionalism and attention to detail. Going through the wedding planning process, one knows the stresses that are involved. SOLE completely minimized this anxiety and... Read More gave certainty, comfort, trust and reassurance during this time of planning. They listened and understood our needs....making our vision come to life....exceeding expectations. They were also able to coordinate an amazing NYE party for us, which took place for our guests just two days before the wedding!Thank you SOLE from the bottom of our heart! You have certainly made our special day memorable!!!

Perfect

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 Sarah A

Seasons of Life did a perfect job for us!!! Prior to our wedding, I was living in Portland, and my husband in San Diego, but we were planning a wedding in Hawaii because my husband is originally from there. We also only had 3 months to plan it for over 100 guests. What should... Read More have been a more difficult task for us, being that we were both out of state and our extremely tight timeline, was made stress-free and easy thanks to the work of Seasons of Life. We were the first in our families to get married, and we and our families didn't even know where to begin. Karine and Faith and the rest of the staff guided us the entire way. They had answers to all of our questions, and were very kind, caring, and understanding the entire way. Their experience helped us find the perfect venue and vendors for us that could provide us exactly what we wanted even under a very tight budget. Seasons of Life also made sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. They took care of literally EVERYTHING which allowed my husband and I to completely enjoy our wedding day and enjoy the time with our family and friends. All of the staff members at Seasons of Life were very knowledgeable and were always making sure that we were getting exactly what we wanted in our wedding. I would highly recommend Seasons of Life to anyone getting married in Hawaii. We couldn't have been in any more difficult of a situation with both my husband and I living out of state and on a 3 month timeline, yet they made our wedding stress-free, beautiful, and perfect. Thank you so-o-o much!

What an Amazing Day

Reviewed on 2/20/2012 Jennifer G

I can't say enough wonderful things about Karine and her team. They listened to all our wants and needs and created our perfect wedding. We planned our wedding in about three months without even seeing our venue. We had to trust they understood what we wanted and they did. Our... Read More wedding day was everything that we wanted it to be. Thank you, Jennifer & Jason Gedrose

The best!

Reviewed on 11/18/2011 Lauren J

Karine and the team at Seasons of Life Events far exceeded every expectation and gave us a wedding we will remember forever. As a destination bride, I put my trust in Karine to help us select a location and vendors, as well as to execute all the details. She got to know us and... Read More considered our personality and style to help us develop our vision, which turned out to be better than we could have planned alone. Thanks to her organization, positive attitude, and fabulous team, everything went as planned and I spent my wedding day enjoying every minute instead of stressing about the details. In addition to having peace of mind, the creative and personalized touch they gave to the wedding was priceless and a truly unique quality of this wedding planning service. We couldn't be more pleased or appreciative. Thank you Karine, Faith, and the rest of the team at Seasons of Life!

What a blessing!

Reviewed on 11/13/2011 Chelsey A

A bride should never be stressed on her wedding day, and fortunately, I can proudly say that I did not feel an ounce of stress! I was so at ease, and even my husband said that he felt like he was at someone else's wedding because we didn't have to worry about anything! Reason:... Read More Karine & her Seasons of Life team worked their amazing magic and made sure everything went without a hitch! We were so blessed to have an AWESOME coordinator - Karine is extraordinarily creative and talented at what she does, not too mention she's one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. She has the biggest heart, and truly wants your wedding day dreams to come true. Karine is very organized, efficient, and knows all the right people to help make your day magical and unforgettable. I couldn't be happier about the remarkable success of our special day, and I highly recommend Karine and her Seasons of Life team to coordinate the wedding of your dreams!

Must-Have Planners for any Destination Bride

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 Isabelle L

I am a busy person who works full time and it is typically difficult enough to plan a wedding but when you take the leap to make it a destination wedding, it becomes that much more difficult and you have to have that much more faith in your vendors. After realizing that the... Read More wedding business in Hawaii is different than the Bay Area, I knew I needed a planner who worked in the same time zone, had familiarity with existing vendors, was able to have on-site meetings and snap pictures to send to me, and most importantly - someone who wouldn't drive me crazy. Karine was marvelous from start to finish - I interviewed several people and Karine was surely the most accommodating, friendly and open. It's easy to talk to those who have been jaded by working in the wedding business for a long time where they become so matter-of-fact about everything but Karine carries that same level of experience and spins her interaction with you so that everything sounds fresh, energetic and exciting. For new brides who have not been married before, that attitude carries and makes your experience planning that much more fun. I can honestly say I had not been once stressed during my entire wedding planning and day-of process, even though a torrential downpour decided to "bless" my wedding day, soaking all my linens. Karine came in calm, took care of all the details outside so that I could stay dry and unstressed indoors and I had confidence and faith that everything worked out just fine - which it absolutely did and I had a wonderful time. A local planner is absolutely worth the investment but Karine's friendship and kindness is just icing on the 4-tiered wedding cake! She is professional, detailed, always available, timely and puts you at ease through the entire process. She walked me through everything with reassuring phone calls, reminder emails and when I visited on-site to choose vendors, she prepared a 5-star itinerary which gave me the best sampling of all I had to choose from.

Best Decision We Made!

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Alexandra G

Hiring Karine and her fabulous team was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. Karine loves what she does and she is genuinely excited to help you and your groom sort through all of the details. Every email was answered timely, with thoughtful answers to all of mine... Read More and my family's questions and ideas. We met with here several times to discuss our wishes for our wedding. She was prepared, thorough, and overall made it really fun! She not only has plan A, but also a plan B and C. And for us this really was needed due to the weather. Tents were ready to go and that was all thanks to Karine's planning. She was able to bring all of my idfeas to life and more! She had awesome suggestions for vendors and we really scored. Karine and her team took away all the stress that comes with coordinating a wedding. You get to have fun while they take care of the business. We knew we were in good hands and it turned out to be the best celebration of my life! A BIG Mahalo to Karine and her team for all of their hard work and dedication to making this the best day for us.

Beyond amazing team to work with!

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Lauren R

I would, without any single hesitation, recommend Karine and the staff at Seasons of Life to anyone planning a wedding on Oahu!!! They were beyond amazing! We had to do everything from the mainland, time change and all, and Seasons of Life made me feel like I was right there... Read More with them. We couldn’t preview most of the vendors, but Karine’s recommendations were dead on! Every single vendor was amazing and I couldn’t have chosen better myself. We arrived in Oahu the week before the wedding and Karine and her staff made it to where we could enjoy our whole time there and not stress about any wedding plans. The wedding was PERFECT , they took care of every detail and as a whole, it was even more than we had dreamed of. I couldn’t have done it without Karine, Faith & Desiree!!!!

TRULY THE BEST!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 esther h

Karine is an absolute professional! We couldnt have wished for a more sophisticated, lovely wedding coordinator! She really LISTENS to what your vision is of a dream wedding..decor..colors..ambience u want to have and she makes sure your wedding day is just that! Not being from... Read More Hawaii, she gave excellent recommendations and tips for different vendors and delicious FOOD! I didnt worry about ANYTHING!!! The whole wedding day from preparation on day of wedding to throwing the bouquet at the end of the night transitioned seamlessly with her detailed schedule and efficient planning. I left with the most happy, joyous memories on my wedding day! Karine is truly the best!

Honest, organized and absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Kelsey T

Karine was enthusiastic, organized and supportive from the day I hired her. She always made me feel like my wedding was just as important to her as it was to me. From a styling background, I can honestly say that Karine has an eye for design. She was able to assist me with... Read More additional details, resources and new ideas of inspiration. I can truly say that my wedding day was PERFECT! Everything from the tent design, to the table settings, and the coordination of events, were perfect.

Best Start to a Wonderful Life Together

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Rina R

Karine and Seasons of Life made our wedding truly one to remember. She is a wonderful wedding planner and was flexible and encouraging to have my relatives who lived in Hawaii be involved with aspects of our wedding. Since my children and I as well as my fiance were coming in... Read More from the mainland, we counted on Karine's recommendations for the vendors. Everyone was a winner and I was so glad that I could count on her to take care of every last minute detail. Her design of our reception was beautiful and touching. For a single mom with three children graduating from nursing school and taking the exam, I felt like I could count on Karine to make my wedding perfect so that we could get married right after my exam. All of her vendors sent us contracts and we went over what we wanted our wedding to be. She helped us in our goal to be budget conscious and had wonderful ideas. Karine previewed the location and made recommendations that were wonderful. We came in the week of the wedding to get our license. Our rehearsal of the wedding helped everything to go smoothly. When unexpected relatives arrived at our reception, Karine worked everything out with the caterer to provide seating for everyone. I didn't even know the hurdles she jumped for us till after. Karine has the unique quality of being very organized down to the detail combines with being very flexible and personable. She truly loves what she does and wants to make it the most wonderful beginning for every couple. Now, if a day is rough, we look at our pictures and smile. I am glad that we will always have our memories of our wonderful wedding and our promise to never go to bed mad at each other. Thank you Karine and Seasons of Life for the best start to a wonderful life together!

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Vivi Z

My husband and I live in Washington, DC. We decided to have a destination wedding at Hawaii since it was my dream place for my wedding. We decided to have Karine as our wedding planner right after we talked to her over the phone. She was very patient assisting us with choosing... Read More the wedding venue. We had a difficult time with choosing the venue at the beginning, since we've never been there before. We changed our mind back and force. Finally, Karine worked it out with us. We just love the place. Karine pays attention to details. We went to a post party after our wedding reception and didn't remember to bring anything with us. But the other day when we woke up, everything from the wedding (toasting glasses, cake topping, flipflop, etc)is wrapped and packed in a suitcase that brought back by a friend of mine. Karine did that for us. Anyway, Karine is just simply a nice, smart, and responsive lady. We're glad to have her as our wedding planner. Thanks Karine for making our dreams come true and made a perfect wedding for us.

Absolutely Blessed....

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Kesha W

Words cannot express the gratitude my husband and I have for the services provided by Karine and her team from Seasons of LIfe. Karine was a perfect match for us, she is genuine, caring, honest, and most importantly she really takes care of her clients. Karine knew that I had... Read More some expensive ideas for my wedding, and she was able to work with the vendors to give me options to enable me to still have my dream wedding while staying within budget. It was amazing! Working full-time and planning a wedding was not as easily done as I thought it would have been. She was my calm in the storm of stressful planning, and I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. Thank you to Karine and her team for allowing me to have the wedding of my dreams! It was truly a day that my family and I will never forget, and the memories of that day will stay with us forever! I recommend Seasons of Life to any future couples!!!

The best of the best!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Jennifer Y

My husband and I absolutely love Karine! She is the type of person that goes above and beyond. We started planning our small destination wedding about 7 months in advance. The first item on our task list was to find a wedding coordinator. We wanted to find someone who lived... Read More on Oahu (and knew the area well), could understand what we wanted and what our style was, and would fit into our budget. I knew Karine was the one when I spoke to her on the phone the first time. She just got it! We couldn't have done it without her. She played such a important role in our wedding and we can't thank her enough. Planning a destination wedding is no simple fete. But Karine made the process easy and enjoyable. She was helpful (and patient!) when answering ALL of my questions. She never made me feel like I was bombarding her. This was really important for us because we live in California and weren't able to make a trip to Oahu before the wedding. Unlike other couples, we didn't do taste testings, didn't see the venue (except in pictures and videos), and didn't meet any of the vendors. But Karine's vendor recommendations were spot on. Our wedding turned out to be better than we had expected. We only wish it could have lasted longer...

Destination wedding

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Sandy C

We decided on a small destination wedding and moved up our wedding date. It was great to have Karine pull everything together and arranged for almost everything within two months. I sent her pictures of bouquets, and she exceeded my expectation. The flowers were beautiful in... Read More person and in photos. Would recommend her to my friends. Sandy and Alex

Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Megan B

I knew from the first time I talked to Karine at Seasons of Life that I wanted her to plan my wedding. She made me feel so comfortable and was so great to have during this stressful time. Karine was there for my husband and I through every step of the planning of our destination... Read More wedding. I always trusted Karine to take care of us and she was truly the most kind and passionate person I came into contact with while planning my wedding. Then, the day of my wedding, Karine stepped up and went above and beyond her duties. At 6am I woke up to a tsunami warning on our wedding day. Karine was in constant contact with me and was keeping all the vendors informed. She even offered her house to me and my 20 family members while we were being evacuated! After many tears, our wedding had been canceled and then put back on at the last minute. Karine took my husbands frantic call that I had locked myself in my room and he told her that having the wedding now was the only option because guests were flying home in the morning. Within an hour, Karine made our wedding happen. She pulled people together to help her, contacted all the vendors, and bought food and dessert (food vendor closed for the day). She made it happen and it was magical. If she can do all this, I think she can do anything. Karine, thank you so much for making that extraordinary situation my amazing wedding day! It would not have been possible without you and your resources. I can't thank you enough. Megan and Erik

~Dreams do come true~

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 malia k

My husband and I were married on June 12, 2010 at the beautiful Lanikuhonua. I started planning our wedding on my own but it was getting very stressful for me. I decided to hire Karine for the "Day of coordiation". Wow, Karine had lifted so much stress off my shoulder's. Karine,... Read More was always there whenever I needed her help. On the day we got married I really felt like a QUEEN because Karine took care of everything esp. when I was worried about a few things from other vendors Karine justed swep all my worries away. I really feel that my husband, family and I were truly blessed to have Karine for or wedding planner. Karine really does everything from her heart and you can just tell she loves what she does. Till this day my family and I can't stop saying what great work Karine did and how thankful we are for her. For all you BRIDES out there looking for a wedding planner please think of Karine because you will not regret it at ALL. Karine, will always be my TOP wedding vendor and because of her my husband and I had the wedding of our dreams. Thank you Karine from the bottom of my heart;)

Couldn't have done it without her!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Sharon K

Karine and her team were a blessing throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was always very responsive in her emails and I was able to "let go" the week of the wedding because I knew everything was going to turn out extremely well. She always knew the right thing to... Read More say whenever I felt overwhelmed and we couldn't have been happier to have shared our special day with Seasons of Life. Mahalo for everything!!