Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Central , IA (515) 314-0834

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Kelsey C

I have nothing but great things to say about Select Entertainment and DJ Cubbie!!! Our dance floor was packed until the lights came on at the very end! We added a few suggestions from Andy including the house-divided competition and the "selfie-dance"and they are some of our... Read More favorite memories from our reception!! THANK YOU!!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Megan M

Cubbie was our DJ for our wedding this past September and he is hands down the best DJ around!!! He takes the time to get to know you and always adds a personal touch for your special day!!! The dance floor was always packed and our guests lover too! A few have since booked him... Read More for their up coming weddings!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Alyssa W

We had Andy as our DJ for our wedding in September and I cannot say enough good things! He kept the reception flowing and the dance floor was full all night long. We got a ton of compliments from guests. I would recommend him to any couple!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Tiffany A

We had Andy as the DJ for our wedding on April 1st. My husband and I knew we wanted to go with him, because we met at another event he DJ'ed, and the atmosphere was always fun and exciting. As an aunt said at the wedding of her OWN DAUGHTER in July about our reception, "That... Read More was the most fun reception I had been to in 15 years!" During the planning process Andy always kept us up to date with what we should be doing to plan for our reception as far as music and entrances go, and he had several tools on their website to help us do just that. Mitch and I had picked a unique song for our first dance and it didn't phase him that it was not in their library; he got it anyway! He also had some of the best ideas for our grand entrance, timeline to make things run smoothly, and new, fun things to make our reception our own. On the day of the wedding, our wedding party arrived to reception a little early, but we were already to eat! Andy gave us time to freshen up, and had us all lined up for the grant entrance and my wedding planner wanted us to wait ANOTHER TWENTY MINUTES, because it would fit her timeline better. I did not want to do that, and Andy handled everything for me. He went and talked to her, and got us into the reception when we wanted to. He was very attentive throughout the night and even brought me my slice of cake, because we were so busy talking to guests, which was definitely not on his list of duties! We could not have asked for better DJ (and beyond) service.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Shannan O

Going with Select Entertainment for our wedding ceremony and reception DJ was hands-down the best choice we could make. They were very involved throughout the planning process, and have an intuitive website that makes that process even easier - from selecting songs to... Read More coordinating dances and timing as the day progresses. John did an excellent job with the sound played at both the ceremony, during cocktail hour, and at the reception, with many compliments from our guests on the music throughout the night. I can't think John and Andy (Cubbie!) enough for their excellent partnership and the important role they played in our best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Michelle B

Bret did a fantastic job as DJ for our wedding! After our first meeting with him, we were very impressed and confident in his experience. He was organized and thought of every detail, which made the planning process very easy. During the reception, the dance floor was NEVER... Read More empty! He was also very friendly and professional, doing everything he could to help the night go smoothly. We are very grateful to Bret for making our wedding night so fun for everyone!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Tiffany A

I'm sure knowing Andy beforehand helped, but even with that he had so many fun ideas that really took our wedding reception to another level compared to what we had experienced at other people's receptions. He explained everything so well while planning. Thank you so much... Read More Andy! Out of all of our vendors, you were easily the one who was 1) most in our corner (Thank you for talking to Bonnie about not having us wait in the hall 15 minutes before the grand entrance), 2) read the vibe of the guests the best, and 3) just made the night so fun. Our dance floor was packed all night!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Kent H

We had DJ John, who was probably the coolest DJ I've ever met. He was incredibly laid back, which was just our style. We met with him about a month prior to our wedding, and he immediately made us feel comfortable. Answered emails, and made sure we had all the essentials taken... Read More care of. He kept the dance going the ENTIRE evening, and catered to our crazy huge family and wild group of friends. We have nothing but fabulous things to say about John - thanks so much to Cubbie and the team at Select Entertainment!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Hanna L

DJ service was involved early in the wedding process and had us fill out a super detailed itinerary and where the DJ would fit into that. This helped make the day flow flawlessly. They were super open to our requests and very professional.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Roxy G

SO GLAD we went with Select Entertainment! My husband's daughter had a baby the day of our wedding and couldn't attend. Andy got her number and had her call to leave a message on his phone for us. My husband (and all the guests!) had tears in his eyes. What an amazing,... Read More thoughtful thing to think of. Besides that, so many of our guests commented on how fun it was, the great music, and that they hadn't danced so much in ages. GO WITH SELECT!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jana F

We had DJ Cubbie (Andy) from Select Entertainment provide music for our wedding and reception. He did an amazing job, and we couldn't have been happier with his services! We got so many comments from our guests about how great the DJ was. We had a couple of meetings with DJ... Read More Cubbie prior to our wedding so we could go over the information he would need for that day and our preferences. DJ Cubbie really got to know us and our tastes, so he could make the wedding and reception what we wanted it to be. The planning guides he uses are extremely helpful and he was very responsive on any questions we had. The day of the event he checked on us several times to see if there was anything he could help with or do for us (including grabbing me a glass of champagne from the bar!). DJ Cubbie truly went above and beyond to make our wedding day memorable. If you're looking for a wedding DJ, don't look any further. This is the company to go with.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Kimberly L

We can not even begin to describe how much we loved having Select Entertainment DJ our June 2017 wedding. Our DJ was John and he was incredible!! He was so attentive to every detail of the reception and was so great at communicating everything to our guests. He kicked the party... Read More off with a bang and it didn't stop all night. His playlist was perfect, I truly couldn't believe how many people were on the dance floor all night, even at midnight. He helped us execute some special surprises and fun ideas at the wedding so willingly and perfectly. Leading up to the wedding, he was so easy to get a hold of. He responded to emails very quickly, gave great ideas and suggestions to keep the night running smoothly and on schedule. If you are looking to have an awesome dance party and super fun, special touches at your reception, we highly recommend John from Select Entertainment!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Zach S

We couldn't be more pleased with how Select Entertainment handled our wedding. I have known Andy for a while since I attended trivia events he did around town (he's awesome at that too!) He also did my sister's wedding a few years back so I knew Select was a great organization... Read More but they still went above and beyond. He ran our rehearsal for us and asked really great questions to help us think about our big day. His pacing of the party was incredible too. It was a complete blast the entire time and that's because he read the crowd and kept the party moving. Wedding planning can be really difficult as there are so many moving pieces but Select Entertainment was a great mix of fun and professionalism. I could go on and on but my main point is that Select Entertainment played a key role in making this one of the best days of our lives.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Carly K

We had Andy Powell from select entertainment as our wedding dj. I have been beyond impressed with him since our first meeting. He had such fun ideas to make our wedding so special and unique. Our guests are still talking about how amazing our reception was. I couldn't be any... Read More happier with the way everything turned out. Best Dj EVER!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Sheena L

I am SO glad we picked Select Entertainment as our DJ service. Bret was the best! He answered emails very timely and was able to help us pick out songs, as we weren't 100% sure what we wanted.I knew that I had wanted to do something special for my dad. Bret suggested a voice... Read More over and he was able to put it with our song for the Father/Bride dance. There was not a dry eye in the house! It was the best present I could have given my dad. Bret keep the dance floor going all night! We had to change a few things during the wedding last minute and his professional suggestions helped make things go smoothly. I had also lost my tossing bouquet and he took it upon himself to find it! He went above and beyond for us and I would highly recommend Bret to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Shelby P

We had Bret from Select Entertainment as our DJ for our wedding and he was absolutely amazing. Extremely professional and fun. Our guests were on the dance floor all night, and Bret helped keep the wedding timeline running smoothly. He basically doubled as a wedding coordinator,... Read More making sure the wedding party was where they needed to be and that all of our vendors were set up and ready to go. It was extremely important for us to have a DJ that kept the wedding fun and organized, and Bret went above and beyond. I highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Nicole M

Andy from select entertainment was our DJ as well as our Officiant for our wedding. He went above and beyond to make our day perfect. Andy was there if I had any questions about which songs would be best to use, and at what times we should do certain things like cake cutting,... Read More games, etc to make everything go as smooth as possible. He has worked with tons of other vendors and was even able to give me tips and recommendations for who to contact for photographers, venues and catering. He was very professional professional during the ceremony and my guests had a blast with him at the reception. Anyone looking to have an awesome time at their wedding check out Andy Powell. Remember the entertainment you choose for your wedding is responsible for 80% of the events success and the memories you will have for the rest of your life.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Ben H

We used Andy Powell from Select Entertainment and he was nothing short of incredible. From the moment we sat down to discuss our playlist, Andy had so many great ideas that we didnt even think of. He was amazing to work with and bounced ideas around that worked splendidly. He... Read More also DJ'd our ceremony (as well as the reception) and even on a cold rainy day, he made the sun shine! We did a trivia dismissal and it went perfectly. Everyone got their food fast, he pretty much let family win first and then friends! One of the biggest things I have to say about Andy is that he did a phenomenal job keeping everyone on the dance floor. Everybody, every age, had an amazing time at our wedding and I give a huge kudos to Andy and Select Entertainment for that. DJ's can make or break your wedding. He made ours.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Angie T

Andy was the DJ at our wedding a couple weeks ago and he was AMAZING! We would definitely recommend going with Select Entertainment and Andy for your wedding day especially if you want a packed dance floor. Andy recommended the kissing bowl and it was hilarious how our guests... Read More got into it.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Kelsey C

Andy was the DJ at our wedding this past weekend and he was AMAZING! We would definitely recommend going with Select Entertainment and Andy for your day. I could tell he really cares about doing a great job and he definitely followed through! He was great leading up to the day... Read More with changes we wanted to make and even some last minute changes the night of!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Mayra R

Andy was the best DJ we could have asked for. Many guests mentioned that they really liked our DJ. He personalized everything and made sure to show our guests a good time. He went above and beyond as DJ and MC. We are so happy to have chosen him to be our DJ for our... Read More wedding. Thank you DJ cubby for making our wedding personalized, detailed, and so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Megan V

Bret was awesome! He had great ideas, was very nice and professional, and fun! Bret really helped us during the planning of our reception and made the experience painless. The online planning tools were great to use.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jordan R

We were beyond happy with Bret as our DJ. He is very friendly and professional. During planning meetings, he gave tips and suggestions that would help make our reception better. I even received emails from Bret with information on creating seating charts or ideas for a wedding... Read More day emergency kit which was very impressive as it made me feel like he truly wanted our wedding day to be the best possible. A few days before the wedding he called me and went over our plans and double-checked song requests and timing of the day. He arrived early to set up, checked in on us to see how we were doing and helped with microphones for our ceremony. He even stepped in to help during our reception when another vendor had an issue with moving our cake. He played songs to get all people dancing, but kept in mind our specific requests for the younger crowd, too. Bret was amazing and I wouldn't hesitate recommending his services to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kaley-Ryan P

We had Bret as our DJ and officiant. He did a wonderful job and was able to understand exactly what we wanted out of our wedding. He met with us before the big day to help figure out the schedule and what music we wanted. Bret and Select Entertainment helped keep the stress off... Read More of us throughout the whole process, even when mother nature decided to ruin our plans Bret was able to quickly move everything inside and set up a spontaneous ceremony space. We had a great experience interacting with Select Entertainment and would highly recommend them to anyone. Select Entertainment is more than just a DJ company, they want to make sure your day goes as close to perfection as possible and are there for you.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jessica W

We had Bret Agard as our DJ, and to say that he was amazing is an understatement. Seriously, he was super helpful and always responded quickly. He even gave us some other ideas on how to do things (have us usher out the guests at our ceremony rather than the ushers doing it... Read More themselves, do a couples dance after the first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son dance was over, candy toss before the bouquet and garter toss to get the kids out on the dance floor, etc.). I was worried no one would want to dance, but Bret did a fantastic job of keeping the dance floor full all night! Seriously, there are not enough good things to say about him! We will definitely be recommending Select Entertainment to our friends and family :)