Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Central , IA (515) 314-0834

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Roxy G

SO GLAD we went with Select Entertainment! My husband's daughter had a baby the day of our wedding and couldn't attend. Andy got her number and had her call to leave a message on his phone for us. My husband (and all the guests!) had tears in his eyes. What an amazing,... Read More thoughtful thing to think of. Besides that, so many of our guests commented on how fun it was, the great music, and that they hadn't danced so much in ages. GO WITH SELECT!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jana F

We had DJ Cubbie (Andy) from Select Entertainment provide music for our wedding and reception. He did an amazing job, and we couldn't have been happier with his services! We got so many comments from our guests about how great the DJ was. We had a couple of meetings with DJ... Read More Cubbie prior to our wedding so we could go over the information he would need for that day and our preferences. DJ Cubbie really got to know us and our tastes, so he could make the wedding and reception what we wanted it to be. The planning guides he uses are extremely helpful and he was very responsive on any questions we had. The day of the event he checked on us several times to see if there was anything he could help with or do for us (including grabbing me a glass of champagne from the bar!). DJ Cubbie truly went above and beyond to make our wedding day memorable. If you're looking for a wedding DJ, don't look any further. This is the company to go with.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Kimberly L

We can not even begin to describe how much we loved having Select Entertainment DJ our June 2017 wedding. Our DJ was John and he was incredible!! He was so attentive to every detail of the reception and was so great at communicating everything to our guests. He kicked the party... Read More off with a bang and it didn't stop all night. His playlist was perfect, I truly couldn't believe how many people were on the dance floor all night, even at midnight. He helped us execute some special surprises and fun ideas at the wedding so willingly and perfectly. Leading up to the wedding, he was so easy to get a hold of. He responded to emails very quickly, gave great ideas and suggestions to keep the night running smoothly and on schedule. If you are looking to have an awesome dance party and super fun, special touches at your reception, we highly recommend John from Select Entertainment!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Zach S

We couldn't be more pleased with how Select Entertainment handled our wedding. I have known Andy for a while since I attended trivia events he did around town (he's awesome at that too!) He also did my sister's wedding a few years back so I knew Select was a great organization... Read More but they still went above and beyond. He ran our rehearsal for us and asked really great questions to help us think about our big day. His pacing of the party was incredible too. It was a complete blast the entire time and that's because he read the crowd and kept the party moving. Wedding planning can be really difficult as there are so many moving pieces but Select Entertainment was a great mix of fun and professionalism. I could go on and on but my main point is that Select Entertainment played a key role in making this one of the best days of our lives.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Carly K

We had Andy Powell from select entertainment as our wedding dj. I have been beyond impressed with him since our first meeting. He had such fun ideas to make our wedding so special and unique. Our guests are still talking about how amazing our reception was. I couldn't be any... Read More happier with the way everything turned out. Best Dj EVER!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Sheena L

I am SO glad we picked Select Entertainment as our DJ service. Bret was the best! He answered emails very timely and was able to help us pick out songs, as we weren't 100% sure what we wanted.I knew that I had wanted to do something special for my dad. Bret suggested a voice... Read More over and he was able to put it with our song for the Father/Bride dance. There was not a dry eye in the house! It was the best present I could have given my dad. Bret keep the dance floor going all night! We had to change a few things during the wedding last minute and his professional suggestions helped make things go smoothly. I had also lost my tossing bouquet and he took it upon himself to find it! He went above and beyond for us and I would highly recommend Bret to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Shelby P

We had Bret from Select Entertainment as our DJ for our wedding and he was absolutely amazing. Extremely professional and fun. Our guests were on the dance floor all night, and Bret helped keep the wedding timeline running smoothly. He basically doubled as a wedding coordinator,... Read More making sure the wedding party was where they needed to be and that all of our vendors were set up and ready to go. It was extremely important for us to have a DJ that kept the wedding fun and organized, and Bret went above and beyond. I highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Nicole C

Andy from select entertainment was our DJ as well as our Officiant for our wedding. He went above and beyond to make our day perfect. Andy was there if I had any questions about which songs would be best to use, and at what times we should do certain things like cake cutting,... Read More games, etc to make everything go as smooth as possible. He has worked with tons of other vendors and was even able to give me tips and recommendations for who to contact for photographers, venues and catering. He was very professional professional during the ceremony and my guests had a blast with him at the reception. Anyone looking to have an awesome time at their wedding check out Andy Powell. Remember the entertainment you choose for your wedding is responsible for 80% of the events success and the memories you will have for the rest of your life.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Ben H

We used Andy Powell from Select Entertainment and he was nothing short of incredible. From the moment we sat down to discuss our playlist, Andy had so many great ideas that we didnt even think of. He was amazing to work with and bounced ideas around that worked splendidly. He... Read More also DJ'd our ceremony (as well as the reception) and even on a cold rainy day, he made the sun shine! We did a trivia dismissal and it went perfectly. Everyone got their food fast, he pretty much let family win first and then friends! One of the biggest things I have to say about Andy is that he did a phenomenal job keeping everyone on the dance floor. Everybody, every age, had an amazing time at our wedding and I give a huge kudos to Andy and Select Entertainment for that. DJ's can make or break your wedding. He made ours.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Angie T

Andy was the DJ at our wedding a couple weeks ago and he was AMAZING! We would definitely recommend going with Select Entertainment and Andy for your wedding day especially if you want a packed dance floor. Andy recommended the kissing bowl and it was hilarious how our guests... Read More got into it.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Kelsey C

Andy was the DJ at our wedding this past weekend and he was AMAZING! We would definitely recommend going with Select Entertainment and Andy for your day. I could tell he really cares about doing a great job and he definitely followed through! He was great leading up to the day... Read More with changes we wanted to make and even some last minute changes the night of!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Mayra R

Andy was the best DJ we could have asked for. Many guests mentioned that they really liked our DJ. He personalized everything and made sure to show our guests a good time. He went above and beyond as DJ and MC. We are so happy to have chosen him to be our DJ for our... Read More wedding. Thank you DJ cubby for making our wedding personalized, detailed, and so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Megan V

Bret was awesome! He had great ideas, was very nice and professional, and fun! Bret really helped us during the planning of our reception and made the experience painless. The online planning tools were great to use.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jordan R

We were beyond happy with Bret as our DJ. He is very friendly and professional. During planning meetings, he gave tips and suggestions that would help make our reception better. I even received emails from Bret with information on creating seating charts or ideas for a wedding... Read More day emergency kit which was very impressive as it made me feel like he truly wanted our wedding day to be the best possible. A few days before the wedding he called me and went over our plans and double-checked song requests and timing of the day. He arrived early to set up, checked in on us to see how we were doing and helped with microphones for our ceremony. He even stepped in to help during our reception when another vendor had an issue with moving our cake. He played songs to get all people dancing, but kept in mind our specific requests for the younger crowd, too. Bret was amazing and I wouldn't hesitate recommending his services to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kaley-Ryan P

We had Bret as our DJ and officiant. He did a wonderful job and was able to understand exactly what we wanted out of our wedding. He met with us before the big day to help figure out the schedule and what music we wanted. Bret and Select Entertainment helped keep the stress off... Read More of us throughout the whole process, even when mother nature decided to ruin our plans Bret was able to quickly move everything inside and set up a spontaneous ceremony space. We had a great experience interacting with Select Entertainment and would highly recommend them to anyone. Select Entertainment is more than just a DJ company, they want to make sure your day goes as close to perfection as possible and are there for you.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jessica W

We had Bret Agard as our DJ, and to say that he was amazing is an understatement. Seriously, he was super helpful and always responded quickly. He even gave us some other ideas on how to do things (have us usher out the guests at our ceremony rather than the ushers doing it... Read More themselves, do a couples dance after the first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son dance was over, candy toss before the bouquet and garter toss to get the kids out on the dance floor, etc.). I was worried no one would want to dance, but Bret did a fantastic job of keeping the dance floor full all night! Seriously, there are not enough good things to say about him! We will definitely be recommending Select Entertainment to our friends and family :)

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Chelsey M

We had Bret as our DJ and he did a phenomenal job! He responded quickly to all of our emails and we loved the online planning tools! He played exactly the type of music we wanted to have at our wedding and kept the night moving along. I would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Matt W

Select Entertainment is definitely Iowa'state best DJ. Book Cubbie for sure...I have never heard guests get so amped up for just the grand entrance. Considering my group of friends is mostly a drinking crowd, he got us all out on the dance floor and we ended the night on a high!... Read More Thanks for being the best "quarterback" Cubbie!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Amanda F

Bret was totally amazing! He went above and beyond for my husband and I!!! Not only did he DJ our event, but he also was the officiant for our wedding ceremony. We had no idea what to do, but Bret got to know Todd and I on a personal level and helped us out tremendously with... Read More picking the perfect songs and just making the entire day about us!! Our wedding party and our guests just loved him!! Bret is very accommodating and easy going. Bret did an amazing job and made sure our day went smoothly and perfect!! We definitely made the best choice ever by choosing Bret!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Savanah S

We could not have had a better DJ. Period. Andy will do the most unique and creative forms of entertainment, but never anything the couple doesn't want! We got compliments upon compliments from our guests on how it was the best reception/dance they had ever been to. Andy kept... Read More the party flowing from one segment to the next with no dull moments and played the perfect variation and styles of music to keep guest, young AND old, on the dance floor all night. He had great communication in the months leading up to the wedding and always professional. The schedule of the day he planned was perfect and we as the bride and groom never had to worry about a thing. We does a TON of weddings, has great experience/ideas and we are so grateful to have had him!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Erin F

I'm telling you now- book Cubbie before someone else does! He is your perfect DJ. He has done this a million times and will give you ideas how to make your day go as smoothly as possible. We had him for our wedding and reception and I cannot even begin to tell you how much help... Read More he was. Leading up into the wedding he was very professional and responsive to any emails, questions, concerns, or payments. He basically wrote a timeline for our day and made sure we stuck to it. Last but not least, he can read a crowd and knows how to get people out on your dance floor and keep people out on the dance floor. BOOK HIM ASAP.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 R J B

Bret did a good job of keeping things on track despite the delay in the serving of the food. We were collectively able to "wing it". We would recommend Bret to anyone who asks

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Lindsay T

Bret was totally amazing! Ryan and I had no idea what to do, so he helped pitch ideas for both the ceremony AND reception. Not only did he DJ our event, but he also was the officiant for our wedding ceremony. Everyone just loved him during the rehearsal and wedding, very... Read More accommodating and easy going. He did a great job really making the ceremony and the whole day about us. Best choice ever!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Megan V

Bret did a Great job! Music selection kept people dancing all night. I don't think the dance floor was ever empty. Did a great job playing our music selection. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

Andy Powell went above and beyond for our special day. He not only DJ’d our reception but he made our ceremony go so smoothly as well- with the ceremony music and making sure everyone was where they needed to be. If he hadn’t been there, I don’t think our ceremony would have... Read More gone the way it did. He brought another DJ to help out, John, and both were beyond great. Very professional, made sure our guests made it through the buffet lines and kept the music playing through the night. Andy had some really great ideas for the reception I had never seen before, all went over well! I would definitely recommend Andy Powell and really appreciate everything he did for us!