Wedding planning the right way...

Stress-free wedding planning is all couples really want and Selective Sound Entertainment does planning the correct way! Our online wedding planning tools make it easy to communicate directly with your DJ through the planning process. Meeting your DJ directly is a must in our book and is guaranteed. With over 30 years of experience, let us help you plan the ultimate reception and pack your dance floor from beginning to end. Contact us now to see how we can make you the talk of your friends and family... http://selectivesound.com/contact/ No cookie cutter weddings, no cheesy DJ's and No corny Mcs..

Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

7809 First place dr, Cleveland, OH Northeast Ohio (440) 516-0020

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Allison M

Selective Sound was a wonderful company to work with! They were very professional, and a lot of fun to work with. They offered us more options for the dj, lighting, photobooth, etc., that we could never think of! DJ Brian did a fantastic job of keeping up with our high energy... Read More guests. He was ready to go well before guests starting arriving and played fantastic music all night starting at 5 and ending at midnight. The wireless lighting that Jay R hooked us up with was incredible. The room started out as purple, changed to blue and pink for mother son and father daughter dance, then kept changing throughout the night to match the music. We are beyond happy that we decided to to with Selective Sound!!

2017-07-19T09:20:12 Response from the vendor

You were amazing to work with as well. The extra time you spent with us in meetings to ensure we understood every little detail was exactly what was needed in the success of your reception. Brian still talks about how much fun he had at... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Bruno P

Selective Sound was recommended to us by a friend and with reason. My wife and I just got married this past July in Akron but we live in Chicago and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Jay R and the crew did a great job from beginning to end help us organize... Read More everything with meetings over the phone emails and reminders so we would not miss a step. DJ Danny and the crew that did the ceremony arrived promptly, were professional, worked extremely well with all the other vendors, had state of the art equipment and most importantly kept the party going all the way until the end, our dance floor was never empty.

2017-07-19T09:22:32 Response from the vendor

Super great to see this review! I know Danny loved working with you and worked hard to ensure everyone was entertained all night long. So glad that you both were happy and we wish you the absolute best. Thank you for taking the time to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Katrina M

I love this company! Selective Sound is so professional and organized. I never had to worry about anything. The initial meeting was great, we met with Jay R. He was so personable and knowledgeable about all facets of the business. We did our uplighting, DJ, photobooth, &... Read More videographer through them. We could not have made a better choice. Everyone was super professional and on time. Anytime I had a question, I received an email within a few hours, if it was late at night, by mid-morning the next day. The photobooth and videographer worked like a well oiled machine. No worries for this bride! We received the book of the photos that night and I'm sure the video will be just as wonderful as everything else. Our DJ Marcus, was absolutely amazing. He was so professional and organized. Anyone planning a wedding knows how hectic it can be, this was one area that I did not have to worry about. Marcus had everything taken care of and I could focus on my guests. He kept the party going and definitely knows how to read a crowd. My daughter's sweet sixteen is coming up and I would definitely call them again for her party. If you are looking for one (or several) thing(s) to check off of your list, go with Selective Sound. You will not have to worry about the organization, professionalism or quality of their work. They do it all.

2017-07-19T09:23:11 Response from the vendor

So great to see this review! Marcus is still talking about how much fun he had at your reception. Congrats to you both and we wish you nothing but the best.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Brittany A

Wow, I don't even know where to start. We had Patrick as our DJ for our wedding last month. Leading up to the wedding day, Patrick was very hands off during the months we were the most busy. Patrick communicated very well during the few months leading up to the ceremony (when... Read More details were finalized). He went above and beyond for us in SO many ways. To start, he helped our pastor with the sound system and was able to work with all of our vendors to ensure the schedule, timing, and sound was right. The best part about it all is that our dance floor was packed all night, I mean PACKED. Our photographer said she couldn't get many pictures because it was so packed! We had many different age groups represented but Patrick found a way to tie everyone in the whole night. (we paid for shuttle buses to take people to the hotel starting at 9:45 and NO ONE left until 11!) Our wedding guests are still raving about our DJ and how awesome he was. They were even chanting "one more song!" once the reception was over! We truly had the best night ever and that's a huge thanks to Patrick! Thank you Selective Sound, we will DEFINITELY be recommending you in the future!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Janet O

Selective Sound is a phenomenal entertainment company! Patrick was our DJ, and he was much more than that! Not only did he play music to get people dancing, but he also had the supplies and skills to fix my wedding dress! He is so much more than a DJ, he should be hired to deal... Read More with any issues that may arise at weddings :). We shopped around and chose Selective Sound because I had a great initial conversation with Jay. The company offers a lot, is professional and is very thorough. I can say with 100% confidence that you will not go wrong choosing them!!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Lauren D

Selective Sound did a great job at our wedding. Marcus was fantastic. My cousin is an event planner in Nashville and said he was one of the best DJs she has even seen. The dance floor was never empty.

2017-07-31T14:19:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to respond! Marcus had a great time and we all hope to run into you sooner than later at a friends wedding! thanks for making us such a big part of your reception.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Stephanie C

We had such a great experience with Selective Sound!! Jay R was so helpful throughout the whole process and responded to all my emails right away! Marcus was a great DJ to work with and very professional! The photo booth was such a big hit at our wedding! I would recommend them... Read More to anyone getting married!

2017-07-24T15:51:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to review us! You guys were so organized and helpful with all the work you did prior to our meetings. It made it super easy to work with you and helped make your wedding epic! Hope to see you around... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Beth S

We loved Selective Sound from the very beginning. From our first meeting with Jay R, we knew this was the company we wanted to go with for our wedding. He promised to pair us with the best DJ, most compatible to us and our wedding. He paired us with Marcus and he was awesome!... Read More We are so happy with how everything turned out. Marcus kept us on track during the reception and kept everyone out on the dance floor until the very end.

2017-07-31T14:18:37 Response from the vendor

Amazing to see you were so happy! I know Marcus worked hard, but mentioned what a great wedding it was! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Taylor A

From beginning to end, Jay R made sure we were taken great care of. His quick replies, his reminders to keep the ball rolling and his recommendations made the planning process so easy. Top notch professionalism. The day of, Jay R and his staff made sure our day was perfect. Our... Read More guests had a blast and our tent and surrounding areas were lit up beautifully. What more could you ask for? Our guests are still complimenting on how much fun they had- and we have Jay R and the Selective Sound team to thank for that!

2017-07-19T09:24:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We had an amazing time and our team is still talking about this reception.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Jimmy W

The music was AMAZING the entire night. Several people commented that they have never seen a dance floor more packed in their whole life. Selective Sound made our New Years Wedding one to remember by doing an amazing half hour by half hour count down.

2017-01-25T21:54:41 Response from the vendor

OMG we had such an amazing time with you and your families. It certainly was a night to remember. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to be such a huge part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Dominica W

I highly recommend Selective Sound. We hired them mainly as a DJ, but also added on their lighting package, ceremony sound package, and photobooth. All aspects of their services were awesome! Jay R was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process; just having him... Read More coordinate and manage all the details will keep your mind at ease. Our DJ was Mike, and he was great as well! He took the time to meet us prior to the wedding to get to know our tastes, likes, and dislikes, and on the night of the wedding he was a fun DJ/MC! We had many guests mention how entertaining he was. Ask for him if you can!

2017-01-17T20:12:50 Response from the vendor

Mike still talks about how much fun he had! You guys were great to work for and we appreciate how quick you were to respond to our questions!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Paula Z

Jay R did a great job making sure our guests didn't stop dancing! He listened to all of our ideas and made some great suggestions to add to our night. I would definitely recommend Jay R and Selective Sound!

2017-01-17T20:12:12 Response from the vendor

We had such a great time! Wish the night would have lasted a bit later.. Thanks for having us for such an integral part of your big day. Hope to see you around soon!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Amanda L

Holy cow, Jay R was INCREDIBLE!! The dance floor was packed all night long. Our guests kept commenting on how awesome the party was and we didn't want it to end! Highly recommend Selective Sounds for your wedding. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

2016-12-01T17:30:37 Response from the vendor

We didn't want the party to end!!! Thank you for doing all of your pre-homework as our meetings ended up being a breeze and that made everything go soooo smoothly.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie K

We had Selective Sound as a part of our big day on 10/22. They were incredible to work with from the beginning of the process to the end. We were worried about acoustics in our venue (Cleveland City Hall) and Jay R was so knowledgeable and set our minds at ease. We used their... Read More up-lighting as well which made our venue look incredible. We worked with Brian as our DJ and we was incredible as well. He was a great help in setting our timeline and kept things moving efficiently all night long. The dance floor was never empty, and everyone had an amazing time. I cannot recommend this company enough for your wedding day. They are true professionals who will make your night perfect!

2016-12-01T17:31:24 Response from the vendor

Brian keeps talking about your wedding! I loved seeing the pictures! Thanks for having Selective Sound be such a big part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Mady S

We had the pleasure of working with DJ Danny for our wedding, which was about a month ago at this point. Danny was incredibly professional to work with. We met in person and went through all of the details. From the order of the night, to the way to pronounce everyone in the... Read More wedding's name - you can tell he truly cares about your wedding. He kept the dance floor FILLED with people of all ages, which made my husband and I so happy. He kept the night moving smoothly, didn't over announce and made sure we were happy to entire time. Also, if you have specific requests (songs you absolutely want played and songs you absolutely don't play) he will stick to it. We heard everything we asked for and didn't have a single line dance played :) HIGHLY recommend. We also rented a photobooth from Selective Sound for our wedding, which everyone loved! They provided us with an album of all of the photobooth photos, and people were able to sign next to their pictures too! It is a great album that we will be able to cherish for years. All of our guests said they loved it, and the staff person working the booth was so pleasant and fun - he even jumped in a few of the pics!! Selective Sound is the way to go. We looked at 3-4 other DJs and I am so happy we chose them.

2016-12-01T17:32:07 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you chose us as well! Wish we had clients like you every single day! thanks for all of the kinds words as we work very hard to please every single customer.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Stephen D

They did an amazing job! Everyone and everything was professional and top notch. They made our wedding day perfect.

2016-12-01T17:32:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Brad K

Kenny G was awesome!!!

2016-12-01T17:32:38 Response from the vendor

Kenny had such an amazing time at your reception

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Ali H

DJ Marcus was phenomenal. His communication prior to our wedding, made the day perfect. Marcus even took a request for the dreadful chicken dance (begged from uncles) and put a fun twist on it. This made every person at the reception turn their heads and laugh so hard. He... Read More listened to us, and most of all read the crowd better than any DJ i have ever witnessed. Our dance floor was PACKED all night long. Request DJ Marcus if you go with Selective Sound Entertainment. P. S. --lighting = absolutely perfect, and breath taking. Photo booth = great personnel , but no props for the basic package.

2016-10-11T18:55:51 Response from the vendor

So great to see these reviews come in about Marcus.. he takes so much pride as we do in making your big day, exceed every expectation. While most companies re-use a bunch of hats as props, over and over again at many weddings through the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jessica T

If you want your reception to go off without a hitch - I highly recommend JayR and his team at Selective Sound. We began our process meeting with JayR to discuss DJ, photobooth, lighting, etc. From our first meeting - everything was seamless. JayR was timely in responses, never... Read More left me feeling over or underwhelmed, professional and knowledgeable. Being a Bride who wanted to feel that nothing was left out of my day - JayR quoted everything under the sun that was a possibility to add into our day and we made decisions from there. We had uplighting, floor washes, GOBO's, pipe and drape, photobooth, dancing on the clouds, DJ and a sound system for our ceremony, (although I am sure I am missing something else SSE did for us!) Rick, our DJ, we met a few months before our wedding day. We gave him a very tall order. No requests, no line dances, club vibe from beginning to end! This was not typical for him as he said he usually likes to take care of the entire crowd for weddings and play songs from all genres and for every age group to appease every guest. We were adamant on him sticking to our wishes and he did! Literally - from after our first dance until the end of the night - there was not an open spot on the dance floor. It was bumping and packed the WHOLE evening. He played from our request list, songs that he chose, and even a few requests that ended up being perfect!!! Later in the night he played some 80's songs that made the very few people in their seats get on the dance floor. My uncles were happy! Seriously, could not have asked for a better DJ! He was timely with our evening, went in the exact order for speeches, dances, etc. He even played a hurricane horn which is an inside joke with my husband and his groomsmen! What DJ has a hurricane horn on queue?!?! It was everything we wanted our reception to be. If you want the best DJ, the best detailed oriented team - JayR and Rick from Selective Sound are your guys. Cannot praise them enough!!! THANK YOU!

2016-10-11T18:52:36 Response from the vendor

OMG we loved working with you guys. Our team is STILL talking about how amazing your reception was and I can't wait to see the rest of the pro pics. Best wishes to you both!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Annie

We went with selective sound pretty early in our wedding planning process because they were the preferred sound company for our venue and upon doing research we've seen a lot of good things about the company. We are still amazed at the level of service we actually received. We... Read More were contacted plenty of times throughout the process to make things easy and every one of our needs were met to the highest of standards. We had Marcus as our DJ and it couldn't have gone better. Marcus supplied us with plenty of great times, his music selection was so on point and timely. I couldn't have done or scripted it better myself. He was a great host/mc and even was nice to all of our needy (and crazy) guests. It's been a month since our wedding and I still have guests telling me how awesome our DJ was and I've refered him to several people. Thanks again Marcus, you helped make our wedding unforgettable!

2016-10-11T18:57:33 Response from the vendor

So awesome to see this review! He loved working with you guys and I got a sneak peak at a few pictures he took. best wishes to you both!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Caitlin R

Jay R was absolutely AWESOME. The process from start to finish and the actual event was seamless. The dance floor was packed the entire time and he played the perfect blend of music to keep the crowd engaged. Out of all of my vendors I would say Jay R was one of the best if not... Read More the best investment we made. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ in NE Ohio.

2016-10-11T19:20:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. WE take immense pride in what we do and reviews like this, make it show! Best wishes to you both and we hope to see you at some upcoming receptions.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Julia T

Easily one of our best wedding vendors! From the early stages of planning to last minute details Selective Sound was amazing. I worked with Jay R and Danny, they are great people. So helpful and easy to work with. I especially appreciated their timely responses to texts, emails... Read More and calls. Our dance floor was packed for our entire reception and the uplighting was gorgeous and transformed the room!

2016-08-10T20:25:35 Response from the vendor

So happy for you and your husband! Danny was very happy with the way everything turned out and the pictures look amazing! Look forward to seeing you guys and future weddings again! Thanks for trusting Selective Sound on one of the biggest days of your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Erin S

Tony was our DJ for our wedding on July 9th and he was AMAZING! From the ceremony to the cocktail hour and onto the reception he kept the party hopping. We could not be more appreciative of everything he did to accommodate our needs. Working with Tony from the start helped to... Read More make our process easy. We found the music we wanted and planned out the details. He was extremely helpful and attentive to our wants and needs. Not enough can be said about how wonderful him and his set-up guy were!! We would recommend Selective Sound Entertainment (Tony, especially) to anyone who wants a fun and interactive DJ with a great attitude! Thank you for making our wedding day perfect! Erin & Aaron

2016-07-26T16:17:44 Response from the vendor

It was truly our pleasure to entertain for you guys. DJ Tony was so happy to work with you and had a great time! We certainly hope to run into you again at one of your friends/relatives weddings real soon.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016

DJ Christian was a pleasure to work with! He met with us prior to the event to gather the songs we liked for our reception, and we were very happy with both the dinner songs and the dance floor songs he played. He kept everyone on the dance floor until the last minute of the... Read More reception. We received many compliments on the quality of the music during and after our wedding. The only hiccups occurred during the family and bridal party introductions at the reception location. The bride's parent's last name was pronounced incorrectly and had to be corrected via one of her parents shouting the correct pronunciation. Also, a bridal party couple was introduced twice, right before the bride and groom introductions, creating an awkward pause and some confusion among the bridal party. When the bride and groom were finally introduced, it was as "Mr. and Mrs., Dr. and Mrs." also leading to some awkwardness at the outset of our entrance, and a little hesitation and concern on our part that the rest of the night would go smoothly. Our concern was unfounded, however, because the music and the rest of the services were absolutely perfect. Aside from wishing there was a little more preparation for the wedding introductions, we loved every minute of Selective Sound's services. We also purchased and recommend the uplighting services that they provide, which created excellent ambiance both during dinner and on the dance floor. Overall we'd recommend Selective Sound to friends and family, perhaps with the caveat to double check those introductions.

2016-07-21T12:35:29 Response from the vendor

Was so glad to hear that your reception went very well. Appreciate the input as we do share it with all of our DJ's and MC's.. Hope to see you again in the future and appreciate you taking the time to review us.

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Amber B

AMAZING! our guests will not stop talking about our reception. Jay R was the best! He had some fun ideas to get the guests up and having fun! Our guests partied until the lights came on. No one was ready to leave. We are extremely lucky that we found such a great company to work... Read More with! Thank you :)

2016-07-21T12:37:05 Response from the vendor

I had soooo much fun working with you guys. Wish the night would have went on for another few hours.

Meet The Director of Sales

Jay r

Passion to raise the bar in the wedding industry is second to only my family. I treat clients as if they were my family and respond to each and every one within a 24 hour period (unless we are working back to back weddings on the weekends) Im the easiest guy in the world to get along with, but the first to address any concerns I have for your reception. ' Just give us a quick call and you'll totally get what this sais. Jay r