Wedding planning the right way...

Stress-free wedding planning is all couples really want and Selective Sound Entertainment does planning the correct way! Our online wedding planning tools make it easy to communicate directly with your DJ through the planning process. Meeting your DJ directly is a must in our book and is guaranteed. With over 30 years of experience, let us help you plan the ultimate reception and pack your dance floor from beginning to end. Contact us now to see how we can make you the talk of your friends and family... http://selectivesound.com/contact/ No cookie cutter weddings, no cheesy DJ's and No corny Mcs..

Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

7809 First place dr, Cleveland, OH Northeast Ohio (440) 516-0020

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Mallory K

Selective Sound was awesome! Choosing a DJ was a bit nerve-wracking because it can make or break a wedding , but Jay-R and our DJ, Marcus were phenomenal! Jay-R was always very responsive and so helpful when it came to other needs like lighting or a guitarist. Our guests cant... Read More stop raving about DJ Marcus! Our dancefloor was packed the whole night! I highly recommend Selective Sound!!

2017-09-19T12:14:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kinds words! WE thank you for trusting us in what we promise and Marcus always goes above any beyond! best wishes!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Sarah W

Selective sound entertainment was amazing from start to beginning. From the moment we contacted them in regards to doing our wedding, to the meetings leading up to the wedding and finally them DJing our wedding, I couldn't be happier! Brian S. was our DJ and I cannot say... Read More enough good things about him and his professionalism! He knew exactly what he was doing and made our wedding go beyond smooth! Everyone was dancing the entire night and the dance floor was never empty!

2017-09-13T15:53:54 Response from the vendor

We are very greatful for the kind words and the time you took to review our services. Brian always goes out of his ways to make his clients happy as he continues to challenge himself to be better at every reception! Thanks for making us... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Brittany A

Wow, I don't even know where to start. We had Patrick as our DJ for our wedding last month. Leading up to the wedding day, Patrick was very hands off during the months we were the most busy. Patrick communicated very well during the few months leading up to the ceremony (when... Read More details were finalized). He went above and beyond for us in SO many ways. To start, he helped our pastor with the sound system and was able to work with all of our vendors to ensure the schedule, timing, and sound was right. The best part about it all is that our dance floor was packed all night, I mean PACKED. Our photographer said she couldn't get many pictures because it was so packed! We had many different age groups represented but Patrick found a way to tie everyone in the whole night. (we paid for shuttle buses to take people to the hotel starting at 9:45 and NO ONE left until 11!) Our wedding guests are still raving about our DJ and how awesome he was. They were even chanting "one more song!" once the reception was over! We truly had the best night ever and that's a huge thanks to Patrick! Thank you Selective Sound, we will DEFINITELY be recommending you in the future!

2017-09-13T15:58:22 Response from the vendor

So happy to hear these comments. Patrick is always challenging himself to be better and this was one wedding that made him smile and talk about every since. We are so happy you chose us to be such a big part of your reception and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Alexandra G

Our DJ for our event was JR and I cannot say enough good things about him or the service that he provided. From the moment we signed our contract through the end of the reception (and even now!) he has been amazing. His communication back and forth kept us calm in even the... Read More craziest of times and the services he provided were above and beyond what we ever thought we would have at our wedding. The first service was DJ and boy did he have everyone dancing! He had the crowd going wild from the moment the dance floor opened until the night ended! Our guests were all asking who our DJ was - before the wedding was even over! The second service was our uplighting - if I could post pictures, you would see the amazing job he did transforming our venue. To top off all this beautiful decor he provided us with the much sought after mirror photo booth - which was a huge hit and produced absolutely awesome memories. The kicker of the night was the sparkular display which was perfectly timed and had the crowd roaring all night. Not only is SSE amazing to work with but he is easy and will make sure that you get through all the necessary evils of a wedding while still making sure you have an awesome time! I wish we could re-do our wedding all over again and we would hire JR and SSE in a heart beat!

2017-11-15T15:49:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you soo much for the kind words.. You had such a great family and such energetic friends that certainly helped pack the dance floor! I can't wait to do some of your friends and families weddings real soon. Thank you for having us be... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Melissa H

Book selective sounds! You will be blown away! From the very beginning of planning Jay-R was very good to work with. He was responsive and always helpful. We booked wth selective sounds before we booked our venue lol! We know the entertainment is a HUGE part of receptions and... Read More they definitely made ours AMAZING. Our dj was Devin M. and we really enjoyed having him at our wedding. He followed my crazy playlists as well as stepped in and made sure things ran on time and moved along. He was very interactive with our guests and I really liked that. We chose the let's party option and I think all wedding receptions should! After all you want people to have fun and out on the dance floor. The uplighting, pin spot, light programming and gobo were all so amazing. I was in awe when I walked into our reception. Selective sounds did such a great job and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone! I promise you it's worth it. I am so thankful I found them and booked them. They really made our wedding day special. Thank you

2017-11-15T15:50:57 Response from the vendor

Devin is still talking about this wedding! The pictures turned out amazing and we even featured them in our blog. You guys were so great to work with! Hope to see you at another wedding here in the future.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Meredith S

I can't say enough about SSE and I am glad we chose them to help celebrate our day. Jay r was our original contact and he helped us feel comfortable about our choice. He was available at any time to ask questions and continued to be in contact with us up until we finally met... Read More with our dj. DJ Brian was amazing! He was so helpful when setting up our big day and we felt comfortable right away. We knew we were putting our wedding in good hands. He worked well with the other vendors and his song choices were on point. Our dance floor was full all night and the uplighting looked great. The day went smoothly and he made sure our day was special!

2017-10-23T17:23:40 Response from the vendor

It was great working with you and your husband! So glad you chose us to share in your celebration. Hope to see you around at other weddings in the future! Congrats!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Kelly S

We worked with DJ Marcus for our big day and couldn’t have been happier! Marcus was completely professional from the get-go. We asked for a wide array of music selections and he delivered big time. His vinyl spins kept the dance floor busy and his transitions are impressive.... Read More Truth be told, Marcus earned an extra tip by the end of the night because everyone was so impressed. DJ Marcus is the man!

2017-10-23T17:24:30 Response from the vendor

Marcus enjoyed working with the both of you. Thank you very much for trusting us with such an important day. Hope to see you around again real soon at other weddings.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Angelica S

AMAZING! Recently had a wedding and Jay R and his MC Rod, had everyone on the dance floor from the beginning to the end. The dance floor was never empty. Amazing duo. Jay R also married us and made me feel very relaxed. Everyone talks about how awesome the wedding was due to... Read More the the DJ! Highly recommend!

2017-10-23T17:25:20 Response from the vendor

We had such a great time with your family and friends. Rod is still talking about how much fun he had working your reception. Hope to see you again real soon at some of your friends weddings.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Holly S

Jay R and DJ Danny are the best! Jay R was very responsive and professional from the very beginning. DJ Danny did my MOH's wedding and he was fantastic then so I knew I was in good hands! And he did not disappoint. I can't say enough good things about him. From the entire... Read More planning process to the day of the wedding , he was so wonderful to work with. SO glad we chose to go with SSE for our DJ needs!!

2017-09-26T19:39:07 Response from the vendor

So happy your wedding went amazing! Danny loved working with you guys and I personally enjoyed your quick responses and attention to detail. We wish you both the best!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Jessica S

Jay r is awesome! Our DJ (another vendor) bailed on us 3 weeks before our wedding and after reaching out to 12 other DJs to find a replacement Jay r and Selective Sound stood out against all of the other options that we met with. Definitely a great choice! All of our guests... Read More danced all night long! We heard all of our favorite songs! The lighting was an awesome addition and the photo booth was a great way for us to remember the fun that everyone had! Many of our guests commented that this was the best wedding ever and I know that that was partly due to the awesome music that played throughout the night! Great job Jay r!! Thank you!!

2017-09-13T15:55:17 Response from the vendor

We certainly enjoyed the challenge and will NEVER forget your wedding. From beginning to end, your guests were so fun to be around and when you catch that feeling, we ran with it and played so many different genres of music and followed your list... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Savannah B

Choosing SSE was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. Jay-R was our DJ and was PHENOMENAL through out the entire process. The wedding experience and advice Jay-R offered was priceless and extremely useful. On our wedding day, everything was... Read More perfect and as promised. He ensured our wedding guests were entertained and engaged. He also ensured we stuck to our timeline so that the night ran smoothly. Our photo-booth attendant did an amazing job organizing the booth and our keepsake photo album was perfect! Once the dance floor was open for the night, it was PACKED! The music Jay-R played was amazing and kept the party going, even until the very last song. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose SSE every time, without hesitation! Thank you SSE and Jay-R for helping make our big day absolutely perfect!

2017-09-04T19:38:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for these amazing words! We love what we do and it shows.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Janet O

Selective Sound is a phenomenal entertainment company! Patrick was our DJ, and he was much more than that! Not only did he play music to get people dancing, but he also had the supplies and skills to fix my wedding dress! He is so much more than a DJ, he should be hired to deal... Read More with any issues that may arise at weddings :). We shopped around and chose Selective Sound because I had a great initial conversation with Jay. The company offers a lot, is professional and is very thorough. I can say with 100% confidence that you will not go wrong choosing them!!!

2017-09-13T15:56:55 Response from the vendor

Patrick still raves about how much fun he had working with you and your family. He takes great pride in over delivering and we are super glad you took the time to review his services. We thank you for choosing us to be such a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Lauren D

Selective Sound did a great job at our wedding. Marcus was fantastic. My cousin is an event planner in Nashville and said he was one of the best DJs she has even seen. The dance floor was never empty.

2017-07-31T14:19:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to respond! Marcus had a great time and we all hope to run into you sooner than later at a friends wedding! thanks for making us such a big part of your reception.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Stephanie C

We had such a great experience with Selective Sound!! Jay R was so helpful throughout the whole process and responded to all my emails right away! Marcus was a great DJ to work with and very professional! The photo booth was such a big hit at our wedding! I would recommend them... Read More to anyone getting married!

2017-07-24T15:51:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to review us! You guys were so organized and helpful with all the work you did prior to our meetings. It made it super easy to work with you and helped make your wedding epic! Hope to see you around... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Beth S

We loved Selective Sound from the very beginning. From our first meeting with Jay R, we knew this was the company we wanted to go with for our wedding. He promised to pair us with the best DJ, most compatible to us and our wedding. He paired us with Marcus and he was awesome!... Read More We are so happy with how everything turned out. Marcus kept us on track during the reception and kept everyone out on the dance floor until the very end.

2017-07-31T14:18:37 Response from the vendor

Amazing to see you were so happy! I know Marcus worked hard, but mentioned what a great wedding it was! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Bruno P

Selective Sound was recommended to us by a friend and with reason. My wife and I just got married this past July in Akron but we live in Chicago and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Jay R and the crew did a great job from beginning to end help us organize... Read More everything with meetings over the phone emails and reminders so we would not miss a step. DJ Danny and the crew that did the ceremony arrived promptly, were professional, worked extremely well with all the other vendors, had state of the art equipment and most importantly kept the party going all the way until the end, our dance floor was never empty.

2017-07-19T09:22:32 Response from the vendor

Super great to see this review! I know Danny loved working with you and worked hard to ensure everyone was entertained all night long. So glad that you both were happy and we wish you the absolute best. Thank you for taking the time to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Allison M

Selective Sound was a wonderful company to work with! They were very professional, and a lot of fun to work with. They offered us more options for the dj, lighting, photobooth, etc., that we could never think of! DJ Brian did a fantastic job of keeping up with our high energy... Read More guests. He was ready to go well before guests starting arriving and played fantastic music all night starting at 5 and ending at midnight. The wireless lighting that Jay R hooked us up with was incredible. The room started out as purple, changed to blue and pink for mother son and father daughter dance, then kept changing throughout the night to match the music. We are beyond happy that we decided to to with Selective Sound!!

2017-07-19T09:20:12 Response from the vendor

You were amazing to work with as well. The extra time you spent with us in meetings to ensure we understood every little detail was exactly what was needed in the success of your reception. Brian still talks about how much fun he had at... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Katrina M

I love this company! Selective Sound is so professional and organized. I never had to worry about anything. The initial meeting was great, we met with Jay R. He was so personable and knowledgeable about all facets of the business. We did our uplighting, DJ, photobooth, &... Read More videographer through them. We could not have made a better choice. Everyone was super professional and on time. Anytime I had a question, I received an email within a few hours, if it was late at night, by mid-morning the next day. The photobooth and videographer worked like a well oiled machine. No worries for this bride! We received the book of the photos that night and I'm sure the video will be just as wonderful as everything else. Our DJ Marcus, was absolutely amazing. He was so professional and organized. Anyone planning a wedding knows how hectic it can be, this was one area that I did not have to worry about. Marcus had everything taken care of and I could focus on my guests. He kept the party going and definitely knows how to read a crowd. My daughter's sweet sixteen is coming up and I would definitely call them again for her party. If you are looking for one (or several) thing(s) to check off of your list, go with Selective Sound. You will not have to worry about the organization, professionalism or quality of their work. They do it all.

2017-07-19T09:23:11 Response from the vendor

So great to see this review! Marcus is still talking about how much fun he had at your reception. Congrats to you both and we wish you nothing but the best.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Taylor A

From beginning to end, Jay R made sure we were taken great care of. His quick replies, his reminders to keep the ball rolling and his recommendations made the planning process so easy. Top notch professionalism. The day of, Jay R and his staff made sure our day was perfect. Our... Read More guests had a blast and our tent and surrounding areas were lit up beautifully. What more could you ask for? Our guests are still complimenting on how much fun they had- and we have Jay R and the Selective Sound team to thank for that!

2017-07-19T09:24:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We had an amazing time and our team is still talking about this reception.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Jimmy W

The music was AMAZING the entire night. Several people commented that they have never seen a dance floor more packed in their whole life. Selective Sound made our New Years Wedding one to remember by doing an amazing half hour by half hour count down.

2017-01-25T21:54:41 Response from the vendor

OMG we had such an amazing time with you and your families. It certainly was a night to remember. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to be such a huge part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Dominica W

I highly recommend Selective Sound. We hired them mainly as a DJ, but also added on their lighting package, ceremony sound package, and photobooth. All aspects of their services were awesome! Jay R was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process; just having him... Read More coordinate and manage all the details will keep your mind at ease. Our DJ was Mike, and he was great as well! He took the time to meet us prior to the wedding to get to know our tastes, likes, and dislikes, and on the night of the wedding he was a fun DJ/MC! We had many guests mention how entertaining he was. Ask for him if you can!

2017-01-17T20:12:50 Response from the vendor

Mike still talks about how much fun he had! You guys were great to work for and we appreciate how quick you were to respond to our questions!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Paula Z

Jay R did a great job making sure our guests didn't stop dancing! He listened to all of our ideas and made some great suggestions to add to our night. I would definitely recommend Jay R and Selective Sound!

2017-01-17T20:12:12 Response from the vendor

We had such a great time! Wish the night would have lasted a bit later.. Thanks for having us for such an integral part of your big day. Hope to see you around soon!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Amanda L

Holy cow, Jay R was INCREDIBLE!! The dance floor was packed all night long. Our guests kept commenting on how awesome the party was and we didn't want it to end! Highly recommend Selective Sounds for your wedding. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

2016-12-01T17:30:37 Response from the vendor

We didn't want the party to end!!! Thank you for doing all of your pre-homework as our meetings ended up being a breeze and that made everything go soooo smoothly.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie K

We had Selective Sound as a part of our big day on 10/22. They were incredible to work with from the beginning of the process to the end. We were worried about acoustics in our venue (Cleveland City Hall) and Jay R was so knowledgeable and set our minds at ease. We used their... Read More up-lighting as well which made our venue look incredible. We worked with Brian as our DJ and we was incredible as well. He was a great help in setting our timeline and kept things moving efficiently all night long. The dance floor was never empty, and everyone had an amazing time. I cannot recommend this company enough for your wedding day. They are true professionals who will make your night perfect!

2016-12-01T17:31:24 Response from the vendor

Brian keeps talking about your wedding! I loved seeing the pictures! Thanks for having Selective Sound be such a big part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Mady S

We had the pleasure of working with DJ Danny for our wedding, which was about a month ago at this point. Danny was incredibly professional to work with. We met in person and went through all of the details. From the order of the night, to the way to pronounce everyone in the... Read More wedding's name - you can tell he truly cares about your wedding. He kept the dance floor FILLED with people of all ages, which made my husband and I so happy. He kept the night moving smoothly, didn't over announce and made sure we were happy to entire time. Also, if you have specific requests (songs you absolutely want played and songs you absolutely don't play) he will stick to it. We heard everything we asked for and didn't have a single line dance played :) HIGHLY recommend. We also rented a photobooth from Selective Sound for our wedding, which everyone loved! They provided us with an album of all of the photobooth photos, and people were able to sign next to their pictures too! It is a great album that we will be able to cherish for years. All of our guests said they loved it, and the staff person working the booth was so pleasant and fun - he even jumped in a few of the pics!! Selective Sound is the way to go. We looked at 3-4 other DJs and I am so happy we chose them.

2016-12-01T17:32:07 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you chose us as well! Wish we had clients like you every single day! thanks for all of the kinds words as we work very hard to please every single customer.

Meet The Director of Sales

Jay r

Passion to raise the bar in the wedding industry is second to only my family. I treat clients as if they were my family and respond to each and every one within a 24 hour period (unless we are working back to back weddings on the weekends) Im the easiest guy in the world to get along with, but the first to address any concerns I have for your reception. ' Just give us a quick call and you'll totally get what this sais. Jay r