Bridal • Bridesmaid • Evening • Cocktail • Mitzvah

Despite losing her family in the Cambodian genocide Seng never lost sight in becoming a successful designer. Mastering her craft at 15 she opened her own shop in 2009, which has been a successful hit. When it comes to women looking their best they call on her talent and ability. Her respect and deference makes her salon experience extraordinary. Customer service is of the utmost importance, every client treated as the unique individual that they are. Choosing the right outfit for that special event should be pleasant, relaxed and enjoyed in a trusting atmosphere. Seng and her staff emphasize the importance of beauty, tailoring, and how a woman feels in her selection. Driven by excellence she displays her artistic flair when designing, embracing the woman and occasion she is celebrating.

218B South Avenue (Bridal), Fanwood, NJ (908) 322-8700

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Kaitlin L

Seng Couture is THE best place for your bridal needs. We went on a recommendation and had my mothers dress made for my brothers wedding. I knew as soon as I became engaged I wanted to get my dress from Seng. The entire experience and staff was amazing from the moment we... Read More walked in! We had so much fun, and they were honest, supportive and extremely helpful! I could not imagine getting my dress, veil and head piece anywhere else! Thank You to everyone at Seng's for such a wonderful experience and for making me the happiest bride!

Beautiful Dress and Veil

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Alyssa F

I purchased my wedding dress, veil, and belt, at Seng Couture and I could not have been happier! Seng and the staff were a pleasure to work with from the very start! My dress was absolutely stunning and fit me like a glove - it was absolutely my dream dress! We loved Seng so... Read More much that my Mom ended up ordering her dress there as well and she, too, looked amazing!

Reviewed on 3/21/2018 Jessica S

Only the best! I am not getting married until May 4th 2019 so I went fully expecting to not purchase my gown and ended up having to decide between 3 amazing and different dresses. Just a wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 3/19/2018 Zara B

I had an amazing experience at Seng Couture. My wedding is on 9/15/18 (pressed for time!!)It was the 2nd bridal store I had been to. I went to 2 other places after (had already scheduled at the other locations) and ended up coming right back. Ali was by far the best consultant... Read More ever and definitely helped in confirming my decision in finding my dress! She was patient with me as well as my entourage! lol I felt comfortable and she made the experience fun and entertaining. I would recommend this place and Ali in a heartbeat!! Thank you Seng Couture! :)

Reviewed on 3/18/2018 Ellen L

I made 2 trips to Seng Couture and both experiences were excellent- the attendent was on point with my style requests and in the end even picked out the dress I said YES to! They are very professional and have so many options and designers in the store to offer! I highly... Read More recommend this place to every bride :)

Reviewed on 3/17/2018 Kristin L

I went to Seng Couture not expecting to find "the dress" but to try on different styles and cuts so I could figure out what looked best. That all changed when I met Ali and the other attendants. After searching through the extensive selection in store, I didn't feel any closer... Read More to knowing what I wanted. Ali and I talked about the style of my wedding and what I envisioned for my dress. She was so helpful, she's young and has great style. Ali and another attendant (I'm sorry I'm terrible with names) suggested a beautiful dress that I somehow missed. Now I can't wait to wear it on my big day. (August 25th 2018)! I do suggest going early as possible as the dresses can take 3-4 months to arrive. Thank you! Kristin Leaf

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Najah B

I’ve found my DREAM DRESS! When I first visited the store on 1/19/18, I was blown away by the beautiful sample dresses that were on display. I was greeted with a warm hug by my consultant, Illian. I showed her my style and she immediately understood my vision. I was encouraged... Read More to walk around the store and select some dresses that I wanted to try on. They had several of the dresses I had marked on my Pinterest board so I was excited to try them on! The great thing about Seng Couture is that they have two stores (one for plus size dresses) that are within feet from each other. I never felt limited because she allowed me to choose dresses from both sides. My dressing room was clean and big enough for both of us to fit in comfortably. They allowed me to try on a gorgeous gown that was showcased in the store entrance, along with at least 12 other dresses. Illian was so sweet, gentle with helping me put on the dresses, and she kept it very honest with how the dress looked/fit me. She made me laugh and made me feel very comfortable about my body type and curves. It was like being helped by a best friend who just happened to be a dress consultant. The second dress I put on was THE ONE!! Illian had pulled this dress for me by Maggie Sottero and honestly, I'm so blessed that she did as it was not something I would have picked on my own. I knew it was the one because I didn't want to take it off! I have honestly never felt more beautiful in a dress. Trust me, other stores won’t compare to the private boutique experience that SC gives you. Everyone here will make you feel like the only girl in the store! They are professional, attentive, friendly, and willing to work with you to make you happy! I am sure all of the consultants are amazing, but I’m so happy Illian was my consultant. She never complained or rushed me when we went over my appointment time. She was truly committed to making sure I found my gown. She even provided bridal shoe recommendations! I highly recommend Seng Couture :). I can't wait until my first fitting!! Thank you so much for making this a beautiful experience for me. My Fiancé is going to be blown away on 10/14/18! -Najah B.

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Kanika B

I am very pleased with the service at Seng Couture. All of the associates were very patient and kind. I just had my first fitting and the dress is absolutely beautiful. I appreciate that they are not pushy but rather want you to find the right dress.

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Samantha R

Let me start by saying that this was not the most abysmal bridal appointment I've had but it was interesting to say the least. I don't remember the name of my consultant but I told her what I was looking for: a mermaid silhouette with long sleeves. She asked me what my budget... Read More was, which is a perfectly normal question. Now my mom is paying for my dress and told me that the budget didn't matter but I'm certainly not going to have her paying an abnormally large amount of money for a dress that I'm wearing one time. So I told the girl that my budget was under $2000.00, preferably no more than $1500.00. I said this because we had just come from the Macy's bridal salon at Menlo and had found a huge selection of gorgeous dresses in the $1000.00-$1500.00 range. Heres where things get questionable. She put on this disappointed look and showed me a beautiful dress that was $2500.00 and said that she always tells people to "keep an open mind when it comes to budget" because brides tend to fall in love with dresses that are over budget. What?! I told her what I found at Macy's and her spirits picked up and she told me to look around the store. She pulled about three dresses for me to try on and I happened to find about 10 that I liked and were in our budget so I did just about all the work for my consultation. As I'm trying on dresses, I let her know that I'm currently pregnant so we would likely have to order the dress in a larger size than what I would be measured at today, just in case my body isn't the same after delivery. She made a cute comment about me not looking pregnant but then immediately asked me if the reason I was getting married was because I was pregnant!!!! This was followed up by more comments about how my fiance tried to "trap" me and how she was afraid to zip dresses up all the way because she didn't want to "kill the baby", which just made an uncomfortable situation even more uncomfortable. By the time I was done trying on dresses, I wanted to leave so badly. As soon as we left, we went back to Macy's and purchased a beautiful gown. I don't think everyone will have an experience like mine but I'm sure this consultant speaks inappropriately to other brides as well. I've read other reviews on here and management gets very defensive when poor reviews are written, which I also think reflects poorly. I'm not really sure what kind of defense can be made based on my experience but I guess we'll see.

2018-03-15T21:53:03 Response from the vendor

Dear Samantha, thank you for your review, and for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize that you did not have a good experience with one of our consultants. This is unacceptable with us as well and assure you this will not happen again.

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Lana N

October 14th wedding! I loved my experience at Seng Couture. This was actually the only place I went to for wedding dresses and had an amazing experience. The process went very smoothly; you can truly tell everyone loves their job! Hilda, you were the best!

Reviewed on 3/11/2018 JoAnne C

I did not have my experience as a bride here but I had it as a bridesmaids. If you have full figured women in your bridal party do not go to seng. After being helped by consultant Kan I was at the front desk waiting to purchase the dress based on my measurements. Kan felt it... Read More was professional to tell me based on my measurements I needed to slim down in order to receive the size she was recommending for me. I informed her she could go up a size and I would definitely fit in the dress. Kan was extremely unprofessional and it was embarrassing to be told in store full of people to slim down. The other girl in the bridal party was not embarrassed or told to slim down. There is was to speak to customers who are paying 300 dollars for a bridesmaids dress. If I could give this place ZERO stars I would.

2018-03-15T21:43:17 Response from the vendor

Dear JoAnne, we are very sorry for this happening. We had asked the consultant that was assisting you that day; she may have used the wrong wording when describing your order, but she did not have any intention to offend or hurt anyone in any... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/11/2018 Dominika D

I had a great experience at Seng Couture! Patty was amazing and provided her expert opinion on the different dresses I tried on, leading me to purchase my wedding dress for my April 2019 wedding! The rest of the staff was great in helping with the alteration suggestions to make... Read More the dress more of my own. Overall I loved my experience at Seng. Would recommend 1000%. Thank you again for everything!! :)

Reviewed on 3/11/2018 Andrea D

I just want to start of saying that I am getting married 11/17/18 and have been spending the past few MONTHS wedding dress shopping. I went to 11 different bridal shops (6 in Texas and 5 in NJ), and I bought my gown from Seng Couture today. I'm a very particular person who does... Read More a lot of research and thinking before ANY purchase. I take everything into consideration, and this is hands down the best shop. The shop may not be pink and gold inside with chandeliers everywhere, but don't be fooled, their selection rivals some of the biggest bridal shops I've been to. They carry a lot of different designers that have trunk shows where sometimes the designer will give you a small discount or include hollow to hem. They display prices on gowns, so its no secret and you know exactly what you're getting. Unlike other shops, you can pick and pull your own dresses and they don't limit you or make you feel like you're trying on too many or too little. They're patient, and they don't pressure you. I already knew that I was the type of person who was not going to buy a dress on the spot. I'm just not. It's a big purchase, and I like to sit on things to make sure I don't get buyers remorse (especially something like this for a big event). When I left empty handed the first time, I didn't feel pressured or awkward that I didn't buy anything at all. They also have amazing staff. Since I went twice, I was able to work with a 3 of the consultants and they were all wonderful. And, the best part, to top all of this off, free alterations, basic hem, bustle, steaming, and garment bag with a dress purchase of over $1000. No taxes in NJ AND they will price match. There is literally no reason to go anywhere else.

Reviewed on 3/10/2018 Rachel V

I just bought my dream dress from here! I had the pleasure of working with Illian, she’s the best! She really took the time to listen and help me find exactly what I was looking for. I really enjoyed her patients, she didn’t try to rush me or pressure me into getting a gown... Read More (unlike other shops I have been to). She also gave me great feedback for each one as well! Thanks to Illian and the Seng team I will get to walk down the aisle in the most beautiful dress! -Rachel V Wedding date: January 12, 2019

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Rachel B

Seng Couture was the first and only wedding dress store that I went. I decided in a fit of optimism to just book an appointment with Seng Couture and no other places. My appointment was with Hilda R and I had a fantastic time! Hilda was great at picking dresses that were in the... Read More style I was looking for and keeping me from feeling overwhelmed with all the very many choices. I think we all knew that my dress was the "one" as soon as I tried it on. In fact, I found my dress in an hour! Hilda made this potentially stressful occasion something fantastic to share with my mom. I highly recommend Seng Couture. Rachel Barckhaus 06/16/2018.

Reviewed on 3/08/2018 Liz L

I went to a couple different bridal salons before going to Seng Couture. Seng gave me a different experience for me. They have an enormous different selections of dresses to choose from. Hilda’s support patience helped me find the perfect dress for my wedding day. I am so... Read More excited to show everyone my dress on May 3 this year!!!! If you are in need of a dress Seng is the place to go!

Reviewed on 3/08/2018 Brooke B

If you're having trouble finding your dream wedding dress, look no further! Go to Seng Couture - it is the BEST! They have such a great variety of dresses and designers. More importantly, request Illian when you do visit. She is absolutely amazing and so attentive,... Read More knowledgeable and helpful! She listened to, and took into consideration, everything I was looking for and wanting. She ultimately ended up picking out the perfect dress for me that I ended up purchasing. I went to many other bridal shops before I went to Seng Couture and found those visits to be rushed and stressful, leaving me feeling pressured to make a purchase and hopeless that the dress I dreamed of didn't exist in my price range. Illian made the experience at Seng Couture the complete opposite - she is a joy and made me feel so comfortable and at ease. 5 stars to Seng Couture!

Reviewed on 3/07/2018 Ruth M

I loved my experience at Seng Couture! Mabel made it such a joy and I walked out with my dream dress purchased. I brought my bridal party, mother, and MIL with me and they accommodated them all so well. Thank you, Mabel, and to the rest of the Seng team for such a wonderful... Read More time. 10/6/18

Reviewed on 3/07/2018 Marissa C

Seng Couture is the best! I went in to browse for dresses and met my consultant Sam, who was professional, helpful, and knowledgeable. I showed her a picture of a dress I saw online, and she found the exact dress in the salon (which is no easy feat, there are hundreds of... Read More dresses). Sam quickly recognized my style, helped me narrow down my choices, and also picked out the dress that I ultimately chose as my own! Mr. and Mrs. Seng, the owners, are also both lovely people and make the atmosphere of their shop comfortable and inviting. I am so glad I found Seng Couture and will recommend it to all of my friends. Marissa Candiloro Wedding date: 7/27/19

Reviewed on 3/04/2018 Katie F

I had a wonderful experience at Seng Couture! My consultant Mabel was amazing, she picked out dresses that she thought would suit my tastes and my figure! She was wonderful! Seng couture also had a large selection of dresses, they carried Rebecca Ingram which many places don’t... Read More have that brand and that was one of the reasons I chose Seng Couture, also one of my coworkers bought her dress here too! Katie Feyrer wedding date 2/23/19

Reviewed on 3/04/2018 Shelley M

I just purchased my wedding dress from Seng! Hilda was my consultant and she was absolutely amazing! I went in without the slightest clue as to what style I wanted and Hilda urged me to try on everything! I didn’t have my mother there and she took on the role without... Read More hesitation. They truly are the best. The free alterations extends way past the basics as I’m getting married in June and with me coming so late, my dress was only available several sizes bigger. I was told not to worry and that alterations are still free despite the extent of how much they will have to take it in. I’m even altering the look of the gown and it will still be ready on time! The staff truly made me feel stress free and offered honest opinions which is rare to find. They didn’t push and really were there to just support me knowing how overwhelming dress shopping can be! Their showroom is huge as well which is great so there is no shortage of options! I would highly recommend them to anyone for their special day!

Reviewed on 3/03/2018 Nicole G

I purchased my dress at Seng Couture for my wedding on 6/10/18, and the consultants were extremely helpful throughout the entire process! They ordered a dress from the designer for me to try on when I couldn't find it anywhere, and they were so supportive and patient, even... Read More giving me extra time in my appointment to make my final decision on the perfect dress! I would definitely recommend Seng Couture!

Reviewed on 3/03/2018 Nicole R

Loved Seeing Couture! They were very helpful! I'm getting married in July so kind of last minute shopping I guess.. Ironically the dress I loved fit me perfect and since it would have taken 6 months to make I wouldn't have had enough time.. they worked with me and let me buy the... Read More one off the rack! Cant wait to walk down the Isle in this beautiful dress!!

Reviewed on 3/01/2018

I found my dream gown online and I was on a hunt to find it so I can try it in person. I searched all over New York City, Queens, Long Island and New Jersey. Out of all the bridal salons I inquired, only Seng Couture accommodated me. Illian was patient and amazing as she went... Read More out of her way to call the manufacturer to verify that they will be getting that specific gown I wanted to try on. I was on a crunch of time, since it was February already, as my wedding is on September. Fortunately, Seng Couture was having a trunk show that weekend. Illian assisted me that day, I tried on that one dress I came for and said yes to the dress immediately. My overall experience with them was smooth and a pleasure. I highly recommend them. -Justine V. (wedding date 9/2/18)

Reviewed on 3/01/2018 Dayna W

Seng was so great during the process of choosing my dress. Everyone there is so nice and super helpful. I'm getting married on 10/6/18 and I knew that I was running late on buying my dress, but they didn't make me feel pressured at all. Highly recommend.