Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

10665 Stanhaven Place , White Plains, MD (301) 632-5440

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Annie V

This bridal salon is a gift sent from above! As soon as I got engaged, I knew I wanted to remake my mother's wedding gown for my wedding. Given the sentimental value, I was very particular about who I would let alter it. Initially, our first visit was meant to be a recon... Read More mission, with no modifications made to the gown. Within 10 minutes of arrival, I looked at my mom and MOH and we all knew this was the right place. Janice and her staff were so competent and confident. We took the sleeves off that very day!! Since that time, everyone has been so welcoming, patient, and extremely helpful. They have shared and empathized with the trials of planning a wedding while juggling the busy-ness of life. They have welcomed my other bridesmaids and even helped my mother look for MOB dresses. It really is a family-run affair where the goal at the end of the day is making sure the bride has as stress-free and special of an experience as possible while choosing her wedding dress. I cannot say enough wonderful things. And in observing other brides' appointments (I've visited multiple times), I know this experience is not unique to me. I will be recommending them to any and all brides I know!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Sarah B

I cannot say enough nice things about this bridal salon. Janice, Jessica, and the entire staff at Serendipity made my dream dress come true. I bought one dress, cut it in half and added a satin ball gown skirt. Neela and Janice made the pattern from scratch and did a beautiful... Read More job. I always felt welcome when I went for fittings and everyone was always kind. I will miss seeing them on a regular basis.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Brittany F

The entire staff at Serendipity is absolutely wonderful! Jen, Janice and Jessica helped me find the perfect dress and worked with me to completely customize it to the dress of my dreams. The seamstress worked absolute wonders and the dress turned out more perfect than I ever... Read More could have imagined!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Amber P

I recently purchased my wedding gown from Serendipity and the ladies there are absolutely wonderful! They made sure I had an amazing experience, and I never once felt rushed to decide on which gown I wanted (I must have tried on 10 gowns but kept changing in and out of two... Read More before I made my decision haha!) Truly a wonderful place, I highly recommend this store. Not just for their beautiful gowns, but the service has a home-like feel to it you might not want to leave!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Lindsey W

Recently bought my dress from Serendipity at their new (beautiful) location. Jennifer was SO helpful! She took the time to button and unbutton every.single.button! She was easy to talk to and made me feel confident in everything I tried on! The owner is also great, she took time... Read More to meet with us and answer questions at a time when we didn't have an appointment. PLUS they offer almost every service you need for your big day! Definitely recommend giving them a visit!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Amy W

Serendipity Bridal is awesome! Jennifer was awesome!! She made our experience very stress -free and was so helpful and easy to work with. Our whole experience was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

We were thrilled with our experience at Serendipity Bridal and highly recommend them to everyone. From the moment we walked into the store we noticed that the quality of their dresses is exceptional and in addition, they have a variety of styles and sizes for every woman. The... Read More owners and staff treat you like royalty and you feel like your wedding is just as important to them as it is to you. The store is just beautiful and they truly have everything you need including veils, beautiful hair combs, belts, jewelry, etc. Their seamstress is a magician and she is so talented. Her alteration work made the dress fit like a glove. But what made our Serendipty experience so special was that my daughter wanted lace sleeves, but could not find a dress with sleeves, so Serendipity custom made them. They took a dress that was beautiful and made it into the dress of my daughter's dreams. It was absolutely perfect in every way. Thank you Serendipity Bridal! You are simply the best!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Bianka B

I went here after visiting two other places in Virginia. I did not have an appointment however I called ahead and they told me come right in. They were so helpful! Definitely a change from Virginia. I showed pictures of styles I like and they immediately went to work pulling... Read More dresses. I liked each one but I found the one I loved. A week later I came back with family. I was hesitant to say yes to the dress because I was awaiting my mother's approval. They stayed open later than usual waiting patiently for me to make my decision. This place is amazing and everyone there is amazing! They truly know what costumer service is!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Tim W

Today I went in after booking an appointment with my bridesmaids and mother. I normally look at the reviews, but this place did not disappoint. I had a wonderful consultant named Jennifer. She gave no pressure, made me feel like a bride, and it was so fun. She was also... Read More professional and gave me tips and advice that I wouldn't have expected. I got my prom dress here and I always wanted to go back for my dream wedding gown. Well I found five... haha! Thanks so much! Also they let me bring beverages ;) and goodies for my audience. It was perfection! Thanks Serendipity! I can't wait to visit you at your new location in La Plata!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Stephanie E

I had a wonderful experience shopping here and even said yes to my beautiful dress here! The salon is straight out of a magazine and the staff was so sweet and helpful. I can't give this salon five stars because the tailoring here was really sub par. I asked to have the straps... Read More on my dress altered twice and trusted that it had been both times. When I tried it on at the third fitting the sleeve was still not fixed and was re pinned by the seamstress for alteration. When I picked it up two days before my wedding day, I rusted that it had been fixed. Sadly it wasn't. It was too late to do anything about it and it is noticeable in quite a few pictures. My advice, buy your dream dress here but take it elsewhere to be tailored.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Alicia C

My experience at Serendipity Bridal was nothing short of amazing. Beth listened attentively to my needs, offered valuable insight and helped me choose a bridal gown that I absolutely love! If you are looking for stellar service and a jaw-dropping selection of gowns, this is the... Read More place to go :D

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Adrian W

From the moment we stepped in the door it just felt good. Jen made sense of my thoughts in terms of what I wanted for my dress and my budget. She found THE dress! It fit like a glove and I cried and I am definitely one of those who thought you weren't supposed to cry when you... Read More found the dress...boy was I wrong and on my wedding day I felt amazing!!!! You should definitely go here if you're looking for your wedding dress!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Gabby C

Serendipity has been spectacular! I have truly enjoyed every single bridal appointment with them! I highly recommend them for any Bride looking for a "princess experience" that is unique from the typical davids bridal experience.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Jenna M

Highly recommend! Beth is AMAZING! Not pushy and creates a moment that every girl dreams of. She turned my vision into a dream dress and I could not thank her enough! Loved my entire experience with her!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Elana W

Absolutely loved this place. Debbie was amazing and such an enormous help! They're so sweet! They care about your wedding, your wants, everything you can think of. An AMAZING experience. Not to mention he dress prices are unbeatable! If that wasn't the first dress shop I visited... Read More I would've bought my dress there. I wanted to look around more but if it weren't for that I would've been sold. At a mere $99!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Allison G

I had a magical experience working with the Serendipity staff. After running all over Northern Virginia and dozens of pretty dresses, but not the one, I found Serendipity because they carried a designer I couldn't get elsewhere - Kenneth Winston. I tried on probably a dozen... Read More dresses in a very quick appointment and it was a no brainer when I found the one. The stylist dialed in on my style immediately and it was her pull. I had to drive an hour each way for every fitting and it was still worth it to get my flawless dress. The staff is so sweet and the feel of the store is very romantic. They carry a lot of great designers at very reasonable prices so definitely a must stop on your dress hunt.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Jessica P

I can't even begin to express how much I love the ladies at Serendipity Bridal and Events! They went above and beyond to make sure every last detail was perfect. I purchased my bridal gown, bridesmaids dresses, and rented tuxes from them. I even had custom bridesmaids jackets... Read More made to match their dresses. I could not be happier with my overall experience. I love this place so much that I plan to go back and visit! :-) Thank you ladies so much for helping me feel like an absolute princess on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Sara T

I had a spectacular experience here. Janice, Jessica, and the seamstress spent so much time working with my mom and I on my bridal gown. Their attention to detail and earnest interest in their customers' happiness really sets them apart. They spent hours working with us to add... Read More sleeves and a more modest neckline to my strapless gown. The the individual attention they gave was so helpful and they personally ensured my dress would be everything I wanted and more. I'm so happy with what they did to my dress and I felt like the most beautiful bride ever on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Shanice C

I don't usually write reviews but I ended up doubling my bridal gown budget and am very unhappy. My experience here started off pleasant, but as the appointment progressed it went downhill. I walked in and everyone was friendly and I was seen for my appointment on time. I even... Read More found the perfect dress! Unfortunately whoever they had measuring did so incorrectly. They ordered the dress 2 sizes too big and they didn't order the extra length , which is a lot when it comes to your bridal gown. I am very thin and about 5'7" and they ordered a size 4 dress, I usually wear a 0. When my dress finally came in and I picked it up and tried it on the dress was so big it was falling off. When the sempstress came out to pin me I was completely uncomfortable and decided to take my dress elsewhere to be altered. Because of Serendipity Bridal I ended up spending almost as much as I paid for the dress in alterations taking the dress in and adding length. I am very unhappy with this bridal shop and wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

I was looking for a way to use my mother's dress and didn't have a clue as to where to start! So I went in, with the dress, and asked if they a) made dresses and b) could help. Oh, and by the way, I had about 2 months. They took the time to listen to what I liked, what I didn't... Read More like, what I was hoping for... and together we came up with something! Between Janice, the owner, and Nile, the seamstress who made the thing from scratch, we had something! It was non traditional - and I mean, not even white. But every single guest at the wedding commented on how much they loved the dress. Nile was able to use the lace from my mother's train and place it over blue chiffon silk for a very classic and vintage look. We ran into a few snaffoos, and together came up with some solutions. If you're looking for a place that gets it, go check them out!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Aisha C

I wasn't going to say anything about my experience at Serendipity but since I got an email from them today inviting me to write a review, I'm going to share. The shop is beautiful and inviting. Certain members of the staff can be cold. I know it may sound crazy but I feel... Read More like I wasn't treated as warmly because I got my dress directly from a designer (a designer they do not sell) and didn't purchase my dress from them. Once, I came in to try on the dress because it had been altered. My friend was with me who had never seen me in the whole dress. So after we checked the bodice alteration I wanted to put the train on to show my friend. When I told the lady attending to me that I wanted to put on the train she asked why. I said I wanted to see it all together and my friend hadn't seen it. She was very obviously annoyed but she did go get the train. I felt like I was taking too much of her time. I don't know how long an appointment is supposed to be but I always felt like I needed to hurry. I felt like they didn't respect my time and honor their appointments with me. A couple times they weren't ready when I arrived. Once I had to change a fitting appointment. They told me the seamstress only comes on certain days so I made sure I chose one of those days. When I arrived for my appointment, they told me the seamstress wasn't there. So I had to reschedule and come back. I was frustrated. I asked how much it was to steam the dress & veil. They said $50. When all the alterations were made and the day came for me to pay for the steaming, I was told its not $50 but $100 since I didn't buy my dress there. I felt scammed. Because it's not like there was more labor in steaming my dress over any other. And it's not like I didn't already spend a lot of money there on the alterations. I had no choice but to pay it. The night before my wedding when I took the dress out of the bags, I didn't see the veil. I looked behind the dress and there it was practically rolled in a ball on a hanger behind the dress. The veil was completely wrinkled! My dear sweet aunt who traveled in from Canada spent the next 2 hours gingerly ironing the 10 ft tulle veil with a pillowcase on it to ensure it wouldn't burn. She saved the day but needless to say I was livid! I paid twice the amount for them to not do the work properly. Unbelievable. The bride is helpless in these situations and I hate feeling taken advantage of.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Timothy V

Had a wonderful experience at Serendipity Bridal. The salon is so cute, and the staff was very nice. They helped me stick to my budget, and helped me pick dresses that are exactly my style. I found "the dress" instantly, and the staff gave me advice on how to alter it (my... Read More dress was a sample that was a few inches too long). My mother, grandmother and I had so much fun trying on dresses and getting to know the ladies in the salon.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

Let me start off by saying I'm not a big shopper and I was not looking forward to having an appointment with someone to follow me around and hand me dresses. After my appointment, I was mistaken. My experience was GREAT! I was given the space I needed at first to browse and... Read More get an idea of what I was looking for. After trying on some of the dresses, Beth started pulling dresses she thought I may have liked. And in fact, the dress I bought was not a dress I had picked out, it was one she had! It was also not the type of dress I walked in there expecting to buy! The atmosphere was nice! The people I worked with was amazing! They were super nice and super supportive. They really went above and beyond my expectations. I would recommend this bridal boutique to all!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Nicole K

The staff are very friendly, and they deliver on their promises for the most part. I wanted to give 4.5 stars, but halves aren't an option. The half-star deduction is only because sometimes they were so busy, they were attending to multiple people at once and didn't give me... Read More personal attention; sometimes I was waiting in a room for a while before someone could come to zip me up, etc. Also, the bustle that the seamstress had sewn in ripped off during the reception, and I had to hold my train while dancing for the majority of the evening. Overall, this shop is wonderful, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I knew exactly which dress I wanted and only tried on one, but for others who don't have it figured out yet, this shop has a huge selection.

Reviewed on 2/05/2016

I am so glad I decided to buy my dress at Serendipity, they are incredibly professional and definitely a top quality business without being overly expensive. I actually had to go there alone to shop for dresses but the women (Beth) helping me out never pressured me the whole... Read More time. Seriously, she was so kind and helped me try on about 10 dress until I found the one! I was so relieved to be able to experiment with different styles and explore what would work for me. Other places I went to just didn’t provide that same experience, they didn’t care as much. My experience at Serendipity was amazing!! Unfortunately, I took my dress somewhere else for alterations and I totally regret it. The other seamstress at a different company ruined my dress and 3 weeks before the wedding I had to scramble to find another! It was a nightmare.. Thankfully I went back to Serendipity, explained the situation and they helped me get the same dress off the rack. I worked directly with the owners too and they were amazing! Honestly, they sincerely cared about my happiness and did everything they could to make my experience wonderful. After all of that I went ahead and used their seamstress and she did SUCH an amazing job with my dress. This new dress was a little small but she made it work. Seriously she is amazing, I probably tried out 7 different bustle styles too, before deciding on one and she was incredibly patient. I wish from the bottom of my heart that I had just gone with their seamstress to begin with... Anyway, all in all Serendipity saved my wedding on short notice and made me feel so beautiful, and helped me find a solution to a terrible situation that I had to deal with right before the wedding. They run an honest business with incredible professionalism. I recommend any bride to go here, even if it’s a long drive. I’m telling you, it’s so worth it!