Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Alterations

Bow2010

11844 Chester Village Drive, Chester, VA (804) 717-5453

I Will ALWAYS Miss Sestra!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2012 Renee W

After buying my junior prom dress at Sestra in the Chester Village Green in 2008, I knew I HAD to go back there when the time came to buy my wedding dress!! I couldn't find them, then accidentally stumbled across their new address and visited them the Friday after I got engaged.... Read More They had the best most unique dresses...the kind that you knew no one else would have! I tried on 2 and the very first one I put on picked me. I went to a few other shops but knew that was the one. Since my wedding was still a year off, they took my name on a card and wrote down my dress' "name" for when I came back in to purchase it. I received a call from them in December to let me know that my dress would NOT be retired, but to let me know instead that they were going to be closing their doors on January 31st. The girl had remembered me coming in to try on the dress and had remembered how much I loved it and wanted to call to tell me in enough time to still get it ordered. I was able to come in to get sized, and we ordered the dress in time for it to arrive just days before they closed their doors. Sestra also set me up with one of their recommended seamstress who did all of my alterations (including having to remove and then replace ALL of the beading along the hem of my dress!) for a VERY affordable price. My dress itself would have cost nearly $2,000+ at a David's Bridal or another larger store. All in all I cannot thank the ladies at Sestra enough!! If they ever reopen their doors, you will not be able to find a better shop in Southeast Virginia!!

Beautiful Dress at a great price

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Jennifer S

I LOVED this place, because I walked in, found a dress, put it on, and loved it. They weren't pushy or irritating at all. Much better than David's Bridal. BUT, sadly, they went out of business.

Lovely

Reviewed on 1/17/2012 Cassie W

Everything about my experience with Sestra was so lovely and pleasant. The ladies in the shop are as sweet as can be, and were very helpful in my gown selection. I found the perfect dress for an unbelievable price. I was thrilled!

Perfect and family owned

Reviewed on 11/23/2011 Ashley L

I had been to Sestra multiple times to buy my bridesmaids dress for my sister-in-laws wedding, so when I got engaged I already knew where I would be shopping to find my perfect wedding dress! Not only did I find a beautiful gown, but I also enjoyed excellent customer service!... Read More The girls at Sestra truly do give each of their customers one-on-one attention, which makes the whole experience pleasant for everyone! They went above and beyond and maintained professionality throughout. Excellent service, excellent quality.

favorite dress shop in the area

Reviewed on 11/12/2011 Ashley A

I got all of my bridesmaid dresses from here. There service was amazing. I had a big bridal party with everyone from a size 2 to 20 and they were great to all of us. I wish them much success in the future

Great Service

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Laura L

I had a great experience at Sestra, the owners are all sisters and they go above and beyond to help you pick out what you are looking forl.

Great shop for beautiful dresses and great service

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Katelynn R

I loved working with the ladies at Sestra bridal. After looking at several other stores, coming to Sestra was such a relief. They made me feel like family and focused on my style and needs. My dress was reasonably priced and exactly what I wanted. Thanks Sestra!

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 April C

OMG, Sestra was so good. I went in October of 2010 and put dress on layaway went back in June 2011. Dress was TOO BIG, they had to remake dress. Wonderful fit.

WOW!!!

Reviewed on 4/02/2011 Marica M

When I went looking for my dress, I expected to pay at least $1,000. There were several selections that were under this budget. I found a beautiful dres for $580. I did not choose it because of the price, I chose it because it was a beautiful gown. The staff was very... Read More friendly, and I loved the background story of the establishment of the store.

great service

Reviewed on 3/17/2011 Jennifer D

I am very pleased with the service I recieved at Sestra Bridal. Their entire staff is so helpful. My dress is awesome! Very pleased with my alterations and the dying of my shoes which I purchased from them.

An Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 12/30/2010 Amanda-Kay C

As soon as I became engaged to my fiancé I knew I wanted a unique dress that incorporated my favorite color pink. I started my search at Sestra but didn’t find the “one” at first. So, I went off and scoured the Richmond area to find the perfect dress. Just as I was about to give... Read More up I returned to Sestra to take a look at the new lines. I quickly fell in love with a Christina Wu gown and ordered that day. I custom ordered the gown to fit my measurements. The custom fit saved on alterations and was well worth the extra charge. The gown arrived on schedule and was perfect. Additionally, I worked with Sestra to custom order a veil to compliment my gown. Not only did my wedding gown come from Sestra but so did the tuxes, mother’s gowns and bridesmaid gowns. Our order was filled flawlessly by the ladies of Sestra. One of my bridesmaid’s gowns was ordered from Jordan’s maternity line. I worked with one of Sestra’s seamstresses to change the design of the dress when it arrived. For a nominal fee we were able to change the neckline of the gown and create a stylish maternity bridesmaid gown that complimented the other girls’ gowns, was comfortable and made my bridesmaid feel like a princess. She was 9 months pregnant the day of my wedding and looked beautiful. Our experience was professional and Sestra and their seamstresses all performed the services that were promised. Every promise was kept and all of our items arrived on time and in perfect order. I highly recommend Sestra and their seamstresses. If your engaged and looking for your wedding day attire, make sure you make a stop at Sestra!

Love Sestra!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2010 Aimee O

From the first time I went there, all the ladies in there were so great, sweet and attentive. I did not end up getting my bridal gown at Sestra, but I did get my bridesmaid dresses and veil from there, and they were great! I am very pleased with my experience at Sestra, and... Read More definitely recommend it to anyone who is getting married or needs a bridesmaid/prom dress!

LOVE them!

Reviewed on 11/12/2010 Meredith L

I absolutely adore my dress that I bought from Sestra, but the main reason I would recommend them is because of the people! I tried on wedding dresses all over Richmond, and the service at Sestra was far better than everywhere else I went. Jenny, Whitney, Lori and the entire... Read More staff made me feel like I was the only customer in the store, even when they were packed. I loved working with them! Also, when my dress came in and I'd lost a ton of weight, their alterations specialist basically made me a new gown and it looked amazing. I can't say enough about them: their selection (for brides AND bridesmaids!), prices, alterations, and service are the best in the area!