Shades of You Wedding Services

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

4428 Caminito Cristalino, San Diego, CA Greater San Diego County area (619) 807-8537

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Rich A

I wanted to communicate the experience my wife and I had with Rev. JoAnna Caro as our officiant this past August. It was such a pleasure to have JoAnna marry us. From start to finish JoAnna dedicated her time and efforts to give us the best experience we could possibly hope... Read More for. She seamlessly took care of all the paperwork, from the marriage license to helping us write our vows with no hiccups, hassles of mistakes. She took the time to get to know us and suggested vows and verses that really fit how we felt about each other. Our wedding day spent by Sunset Cliffs was the perfect location that JoAnna helped us to select and ceremony was performed professionally, yet with heartfelt emotion given by JoAnna the likes of which I’ve never experienced when attending other couple’s weddings. It was also very reasonably priced compared to the competition. I hope this helps to both let you know how pleased and satisfied we were with JoAnna and to also let other couples make the right choice to have her conduct their wedding ceremonies.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

I would highly recommend Rev. JoAnna Caro. We wanted a beach wedding but didn't know where to start. She found just the right place and helped tremendously with all the planning. She came up with many creative ideas that resulted in the perfect beach wedding for us. From rose... Read More petal walkways to mingling colored sands together along with beautiful prose, JoAnna rocked! Her vivacious energy, professionalism and caring attitude proved a winning combination. She also made it easy to get all the licensing done. I definitely will tell others..

The Reverend Joanna

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Rev Joanna was wonderful, she met us a couple of weeks before the ceremony to get to know us and show us some additional material for our ceremony that worked in perfectly with what we had. She did everything the way we wanted it. She was on time and got all the paperwork out of... Read More the way. She gave us exactly what we asked for.

Unprofessional Response

Reviewed on 2/12/2015 Briana M

I was VERY disappointed and upset at the response email I received from Joanna. I didn't even get to work with her, I went as far as an email to know that her work is unprofessional. I simply sent an email stating my interest and asked a couple of questions. I asked if she has... Read More an office where my fiancé and I can meet her prior to booking & if we would get a discount on the total price if we brought our own Officiant. Her response was: "Many thanks for your inquiry. This is my business with my vendors, and I'm the officiant, so this might not be right for you." I asked those questions because a different venue that did beachside weddings did NOT allow their customers to meet them and that made my fiancé and I very uncomfortable since we did not live in the area and would go in blindly if we booked with them. I wanted to make sure we could meet with Joanna if we continued with her business. And we are on a really small budget, which is why I asked about the Officiant. However, I did NOT appreciate her response. Basically refusing my potential service and not being flexible to work with me. There is definitely a different way she could've responded to my email and it did not have to be so rude and disrespectful. After explaining to her on why I asked those questions and bluntly asking her why her business might NOT be for us, THEN is when she said she's happy to meet and work with her clients and responded professionally like she should've at the get go. I truly was so excited to present this venue to my fiancé and search more into her business, but, after that response, it was so rude and unprofessional that I wouldn't be able to trust her if we continued.

Vendor Review

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Nicole G

We hired Joanna as our wedding officiant on 10/11/14 and she was great! Joanna was recommended by our wedding venue catering coordinator, Amber Kelly at The Catamaran Resort. We met with her a couple times before the big day and she gave us a packet of greetings, readings,... Read More sayings about marriage, etc to look over and think about what we wanted. She is flexible if you want more of a civil ceremony or religious one. She met with us again to see what we liked and was able to put it all together into a cohesive ceremony. She knows most of the readings by heart and barely had to read them. She was also present at our rehearsal to help Amber line us all up and go over the flow of the ceremony. She gave us a copy of the written ceremony and filled out all the official wedding paperwork for us. The only thing is that we haven't received our marriage certificate yet. I'm waiting to hear back from her to see if it usually takes this long to come in the mail (4 weeks).

Unorganized & unprofessional

Reviewed on 12/08/2011 Vanessa C

I found Joanna on the internet after searching for officiants in the San Diego area. We met with her twice before the wedding (she forgot about our initial appointment so when we showed up she wasn't ready and we had to reschedule for the next day) and I spoke with her numerous... Read More times over the phone. She was always available when I called and made every effort to make me comfortable and help with any questions I had. I made sure to fax her our vows and verified that she received them a few months before the wedding. I called 3 weeks before the wedding to confirm everything with her and she couldn't find our vows! I faxed them to her again and called her back to verify that she received them. I thought all would be fine. On the wedding day I ended up being 30 minutes late getting to the wedding site. I received complaints from every single one of our guests that she kept saying very loudly and rudely that she was going to leave. I was told her entire demeanor changed when I got there and we got started. As she was reading our vows, we both realized that she wasn't reading the vows that we picked. There was about 25% of what we picked in what she read. But at that point, what could we do? We just let her speak and went on with it. I am very disappointed with her apparent inability to keep our vows organized. Although she was very friendly and helpful, I don't think I would recommend her to anyone else.

The Ceremony Really Reflected Us

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Elizabeth M

Reverend JoAnna Caro is a beautiful person who molds the ceremony to fit your personal style. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and made our day a beautiful and beyond memorable experience.