Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

3304 St. Claude Avenue, New Orleans, LA (504) 355-9345

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Clare N

We were so impressed with Dawn from the get-go. We loved the cake we sampled at the tasting, and got 100 cupcakes and a small grooms cake. I am vegan, so the cupcakes were vegan, with a few gluten free as well for a few of our celiac guests. I have never had vegan gluten... Read More free cake that I actually liked. But Dawn has figured out how to not make them too sweet and dry. Cost was less than expected. She created a beautiful cupcake tower, let us use our own cupcake stand, and the icing design was inspired by the art deco venue and the cake topper we showed her. It was just beautiful. We had fewer guests than cupcakes and I was soooo glad I had leftovers! Thank you for being an excellent vegan/gluten free friendly vendor!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Daniela M

Dawn was great to work with. We have several people in the wedding with Celiac's Disease including myself, so it was very important that we had G-Free Options. I also decided to go with pies rather than a traditional wedding cake. Dawn was very helpful and answered all my... Read More questions (there were many). I also liked that payments were processed online. Regarding the pies themselves, I got so many compliments after the wedding. We had several flavors, but my favorite was the Apple Streusel. I would recommend Shake Sugary as the pies were amazing and Dawn was so great to work with. I would also note that the pies were beautiful and came out very well on the table and in our photos.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Dawn B

Dawn and the team at Shake Sugary made the most amazing diary free wedding cake. Not only did it look good, but it tasted amazing. I️ am lactose intolerant and I️ was worried about not being able to have a cake at my wedding. A friend recommended that we check out Shake Sugary.... Read More I️ am so glad we did. Dawn was helpful during our tastings. We had 3 tiers that where all different flavors. I️ had guests who not only lined up to get a piece of cake but some of them had a piece of each layer. No one realized it was dairy free and they all loved it. I️ HIGHLY recommend Shake Sugary.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Natalie C

Dawn and the Shake Sugary staff made us the most beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding. We went with a very simple 3 tier cake; almond cake with vanilla bean custard, berries and a vanilla buttercream. So good! I cant wait to get into the top layer for our one year.... Read More :)

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Angelique T

Our cake looked gorgeous and tasted wonderful. Delivery was prompt.

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Kate F

Loved our experience with Shake Sugary!!! I am vegan and found them on The Knot initially. We went for a cake tasting, so fun! And it was hard to choose, very many delicious vegan options! We decided upon a lemon cake with lemon curd, fresh strawberries, and a vegan buttercream... Read More frosting...<3 TO DIE FOR! We still have people asking what kind of cake it was! Also, no one had any idea it was vegan! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Ilse F

Dawn was wonderful to work with. We had a great time starting at the cake tasting. I am allergic to eggs and needed a vegan cake. Not one single person knew it was vegan and I had several people tell me how delicious the wedding cake was. The bakery has a large selection of... Read More cakes and fillings. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Jessica D

Dawn and her team at Shake Sugary are amazing. They did our wedding cake and several desserts for our big day and my wife and I couldn't have been happier. Everything was delicious and we're so glad to find a baker who is happy to accommodate vegans with a sweet tooth!

Fun, Delicious and Affordable Groom's Cake

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 Jessica P

Dawn made an incredibly cool pepperoni-pizza grooms cake for my recent wedding. It was delicious, and everyone was so impressed by how much it really looked like a pepperoni pizza! She is very talented and was also very affordable relative to other bakeries even though we didn't... Read More get our wedding cake from her (we had alternative dessert). I highly recommend shake sugary!