Shannel Aiken Wedding & Events

Serving Birmingham, AL and Tuscaloosa, AL

Your Vision+Our Details=Extraordinary Event

Shannel Aiken Wedding & Events is a full service wedding planning and event design boutique for the modern bride. We provide a modern approach to planning and unique event designs that can take your event to the next level. With your vision mixed with the details of your personality, we embark on planning and designing the ultimate wedding experience for you and your guests.

$$$$ – Expensive

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

Serving Birmingham, AL and Tuscaloosa, AL (205) 632-0040

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Tasha S

I could have not made it through the day nor wedding countdown with out Shannel and her star team. I have no idea if anything went wrong the day of the wedding because she took care of it. Bride's, the last think on your mind should be the logistics and Shannel and team made my... Read More day joyous and painless. I have also recommended her services to another friend that was getting married and she hired her too! If you have an event to book, don't look through anymore reviews or event coordinators. You have found the one!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Ashley Hamilton F

Shannel is awesome! I planned my out-of-town wedding with her help and I still can't believe how perfect everything was! (A little backstory-- my [now] husband and I met in law school in Tuscaloosa so it only made sense to have our wedding there! However, we moved to Chattanooga... Read More immediately after graduating, so this meant we would be planning a wedding from a different state!) This is where Shannel entered the picture and helped to make everything happen! I decided on month-of planning because I wanted to ensure all of my vendors were local and already had many connections. My wedding day came & Shannel and Kelsey took over. They had every vendor in place & on time. They had my (unruly) wedding party at the venue on time & ready to go. Despite rain in the forecast AND Alabama's A-Day game, my wedding was absolutely perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend Shannel for ANY event. She is incredibly organized and 100% receptive to your ideas. She wants your wedding to be as perfect as possible. She is caring and friendly and truly dedicated to making your wedding day absolutely perfect. I could say SO MUCH MORE about how awesome Shannel and Kelsey are...but I'll leave it at this: my wedding would not have been as perfect as it was without Shannel and Kelsey.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Theia P

Shannel was absolutely amazing!! When my maid of honor told me she had found a decorator/wedding planner and scheduled us to meet I was a little hesitant. Once we sat down I attempted to explain my vision to her and the rest was history. She had so many ideas that I had not even... Read More thought of. She took my ideas and turned them into something I would have never imagined. She was very easy to work with and very responsive to emails and texts. As a bride you look for someone who you can trust and rely on to bring your vision to life and make sure everything flows smoothly on your big day. Shannel Aiken Wedding and Events did just that.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Shae B

I was really nervous about trusting someone else to bring together my dream wedding, however, I am so thankful that I chose Shannel and her team. Our wedding was everything that I could have ever imagined! She took the thousands of ideas that I had and brought them all together.... Read More She made sure I had no worries and that my day was stress free. I would definitely recommend choosing Shannel and the SAWE team to make sure your wedding is EVERYTHING that you've ever dreamed!

I am a true lover of love. I love to laugh and have a good time and watch those goodwill videos on Facebook that bring a tear to your eye. My passion is events and design, and I continue to learn and grow in my craft everyday by immersing myself in wedding conferences and being in good company with industry leaders. A few of my favorite things: I love seafood, a nice glass of wine (red or white), Purple Rain (RIP Prince), and I can't live without music. I am also a wife and mother of a 3 year old so some days my life is like a real life Hunger Games.