Shawn Gormley Films

Kansas City Metro, Midwest + Destination

Shawn Gormley Films

Hello! I’m Shawn Gormley and I am so excited to connect with you! I believe that every couple has a captivating story to tell and I would love to be the one to showcase all the hard work you have put into your wedding! The true purpose of wedding videography, beyond capturing the sights and sounds that are present, is to take the time to capture your love story exactly as it unfolds on your wedding day. We take the time to connect with you, going from our first meeting, through your wedding day, to sharing your captivating story with the world. Telling stories through videography is our passion, and we would love to tell your story soon!

Artistic, Documentary

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video

Kansas City Metro, Midwest + Destination (913) 998-5904

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Mallory R

I was unsure if I wanted to have a videographer capture our wedding day. After meeting with Shawn and seeing the films he has created, I couldn't imagine NOT having him. Shawn is so calm and genuine - these are two of the many reasons we chose him. My wife wanted a video... Read More about our relationship played during dinner at our reception. Shawn was patient, listened to what she wanted, and brought that to life. We received so many compliments on how it was a fun and creative display. The day of the wedding, Shawn worked closely with our photographer, DJ, day of coordinator, and us as a couple. The highlight video is something I will forever cherish. I cry every single time. The story he captured is everything I could ever imagine and more. If you're looking for something to provide you with memories for years to come, message Shawn NOW. You will not be disappointed! Thank you for everything, Shawn!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Mallory R

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Jackie M

Shawn is the most talented you will find, he is so easy to work with and will make your wedding video something to cherish for years to come. He did an amazing job on my daughter video it brought tears to our eyes and captured the day perfectly. You will not find anyone... Read More better to work with!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Stephanie K

I cannot tell you how absolutely amazing Shawn is when it comes to videography! His talent will forever be treasured in our hearts each time we watch footage from our wedding day. If you are on the fence about having a videographer, do it.. and choose Shawn! He was so easy to... Read More work with (even from long distance) and was very easygoing the day of the wedding. He continued his great work by getting us the highlight video soon after the wedding. He uses a second shooter so they capture all the angles and the video itself is top notch quality. The wedding day went by so quickly and I am so thankful that Shawn was there to capture it and let us relive that special day any time we want. Thank you so much Shawn!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Morgan C

Shawn was so easy to work with/ down to earth and made sure to get to know us before the wedding to find out what was important to be included in the video. The video perfectly captured our wedding day and is something we will always cherish!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Lily V

Shawn Gormley did an absolutely incredible job capturing our wedding day! He was a joy to work with and never made us feel uncomfortable in any kind of way. Our video was everything we had hoped for and so much more! We will forever cherish the video Shawn created and we... Read More couldn’t recommend him more! Video was the last thing we thought about, but it was honestly, the best investment in our entire wedding! You will not regret hiring Shawn Gormley to capture your wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Maegan G

Shawn is amazing! When my husband and I were looking for a wedding videographer we watched what felt like a million wedding videos. We noticed that we always enjoyed Shawn’s videos the most; the overall feel of the videos, the emotion he captured, and the way the personalities... Read More of the couple came through. When we met with Shawn we knew that we wanted him as our videographer! He was so pleasant and wonderful to work with! Shawn captures practically every detail from your special day and then creates a wonderful masterpiece that lets you relive the greatest day over and over again! We couldn’t be happier with how our video turned out! It was absolutely perfect and we will forever cherish our video! We can’t thank Shawn enough!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Madison D

Shawn was amazing to work with and I couldn't recommend him more. He listened to everything we wanted in a wedding video and created something we love. On the wedding day he was so calm and easy going which was much needed on such a chaotic day. He also really had an eye for... Read More certain shots that I never would have thought of. He just released our wedding highlight video and everyone that has seen it is amazed with his work. He brought a second shooter, Clayton who was wonderful too! Booking Shawn for our wedding video was one of the best decisions my husband and I made when planning our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Elizabeth B

Shawn was kind, easy to work with, and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We love our wedding video and are so happy to have chosen Shawn!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Kelsey M

Our wedding video will be something we cherish for the rest of our lives, and I couldn't be more thankful we chose Shawn to capture our day! When I first met with Shawn, he knew exactly what I was looking for in a video. Even though I couldn't find the words, once he told me he... Read More wanted to create our story, I knew it was going to be perfect. The day of the wedding, Shawn was so mindful to walk us through what he wanted to film and where he would be, so we could always find him if something was happening that we didn't want him to miss. Everything he captured is so genuine and candid- we didn't even notice he was there! We so loved having Shawn at our big day and could not be more thrilled with how it turned out. Coming from a bride that's watched wedding videos on YouTube for years, I knew I set the bar high. Shawn met and exceeded all expectations we had. He's the best!!! Thank you again, Shawn!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Meghan M

My husband, our families and I are so happy we had Shawn to capture our wedding day! His attention to detail, from the day we booked him, throughout the planning process and until the end of our reception was over the top excellent. We had doubts about wanting a videographer... Read More when we first started planning, but now, I tell all of my friends that it is a wedding day necessity! I truly feel honored that we had Shawn and Alex with us to capture our beautiful memories...I watch the highlight film over and over again, and feel like I'm reliving all of the magical moments! Thank you, Shawn, for everything! 5 stars does not do his work justice!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Anna G

Shawn did such an amazing job on our wedding video! I was very nervous about being filmed all day long; however, I hardly knew Shawn was there. He was able to capture everything and keep everyone comfortable and relaxed. Shawn was excellent about updating us with the status of... Read More our videos and we received all work in a timely manner. I certainly recommend Shawn for all your videography needs!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Taylor K

It was a pleasure working with Shawn this past September. He was easy to work with and very responsive throughout the wedding planning process. We truly enjoying reliving our special day once we received the preview and then the full video including the ceremony a few weeks... Read More later. I would highly recommend Shawn Gormley films for wedding videography!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Jennifer J

You will not regret booking Shawn for your wedding!!! I was in a wedding in 2015 that Shawn was shooting and knew immediately I wanted him to capture my wedding and help tell my love story. I had two meetings with Shawn before the big day. He is so well organized and... Read More professional! Shawn has a true gift for capturing the perfect moment. I am absolutely in love with my highlight film of my wedding day. I cannot recommend him enough to all future brides looking for a videographer. Look no further because Shawn is the best!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jordanne B

Shawn Gormley with Shawn Gormley Films is nothing short of amazing. He is such a patient, kind & genuine person. He is exactly who you want by your side on your biggest day to capture all of your special moments. We were lucky enough to meet Shawn early in our engagement & we... Read More were so excited when he chose us to do an engagement video. This was such a nice experience, as it gave us time to get to know Shawn & it also allowed him to get to us as a couple, which made for a smooth wedding day! We did the rehearsal dinner addition as well, which was great for capturing my father-in-laws speech!! Shawn is so creative, thorough & will do anything to make his couples happy. He values your wants & is a great listener, exactly what you would want in a videographer. We feel extremely blessed to have had Shawn on our best day ever!!! The video of our wedding day will forever be close to our hearts! THANK YOU SHAWN!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Lauren V

Shawn was absolutely amazing to work with! I cannot recommend him highly enough. I could tell the first time I met with him how passionate he is about his videography and that I would love his work. He went above and beyond for my husband and I and our wedding video is by far... Read More our favorite keepsake. Shawn not only gave us an amazing video, but also continued to help us with issues months after the wedding. We appreciate him so much.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 April Bride <

Shawn was absolutely wonderful to work with! Both times that we met in person, his sole focus was on helping us capture the best day. His calm demeanor put me at ease as a bride who worried about every aspect of the wedding. He responded quickly to emails and questions, which... Read More was fantastic! On the day of the wedding, Shawn greeted me, introduced himself to my mom and bridesmaids, and then became completely unseen for the rest of the day and evening. When we showed our highlight film to my husband's parents, my father-in-law was almost shocked at how much Shawn and his partner had captured; he said, "Those guys were tricky! I don't even remember them standing in front of me!" I never felt that Shawn invaded my personal space or got too close to me; I felt completely comfortable wth him, which allowed me to focus on my experience. I chose Shawn without having him meet my husband, so Shawn showed my husband some of the footage throughout the night and explained what he was capturing. At the end of the night, Shawn had packed up and gone to his car but came back inside and said, "If you're willing, I think we could have some awesome shots outside," and showed us a picture of our venue from his car. He was willing to get his equipment back out just so we could get some great shots in front of our venue! How personal and special! He was outstanding, and I would highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Kristen M

If I could give more than 5 stars I would! Shawn is one of the most genuine people I have ever met - my husband and I knew without a doubt that he would capture all the special moments that we would cherish forever. From the first meeting until after our wedding day, Shawn has... Read More always made us feel like our opinion and wedding day vision was of highest importance. He told us that on our wedding day we wouldn't notice he was there and that he did not want to interrupt the natural flow of the day (and to truly capture those REAL moments). We are so thankful that we were able to include Shawn in our wedding day because our video will continually bring joy to our lives each time we watch it. There's absolutely nothing negative that could be said about Shawn - he is hard-working, kind and an incredibly talented filmmaker. Don't second guess choosing to include him in your wedding day - you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Courtney S

I can't say enough great things about Shawn! He was so pleasant to work with and he does an AMAZING job. All of my friends and family were blown away by his highlight film that he put together for us. He captured everything I wanted in our highlight video and even added in... Read More snippets of other things at my request. Not to mention, we still got the entire days worth of footage. You don't need to look anywhere else, hire Shawn as your videographer and you won't be sorry!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Jordan M

Originally, we were not planning on having a wedding video so that we could use our funds on other elements. When my wedding coordinator recommended Shawn Gormley I began toying with the idea of having a video. I called him a few days later to set up a meeting and he was more... Read More than accommodating. After meeting with him I was decided, I had to have a wedding video. His passion was infectious and showed not only in his work but in his professionalism. It is very important to hire someone you can trust to play a part in the story of your wedding. He played the part perfectly and I can not say the same for everyone I hired for my wedding. My fiance and I planned our wedding day so that we would take our actual wedding photos at a later date. When Shawn heard this he insisted that he be there to capture it on film. I hadn't thought of this but I was elated that he had and that he asked to participate (at no extra charge). This made the film all the more personal and captured little moments between my now husband and I that are so special and unique. He took the time to get to know my fiance and I, and understand the feeling we were trying to accomplish for our wedding. He captured that feeling and elevated it to a new level. When I watched the highlight film for the first time I could feel myself saying my vows like it was the day of my wedding again, so naturally I watched the video five more times. I would go as far as to urge any couple to hire Shawn. He is extremely talented, reliable and will go the extra mile - no ten miles- for his couples. He became a friend in the process

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Erin K

Shawn did me the HONOR of artfully capturing the emotional gravity of my wedding day with his discerning eye, professionalism, and high quality video equipment. When I watch my wedding film I feel as though I am back in the dress! I am able to re-live the moments again and... Read More again. Shawn knows what it takes to make an unforgettable video that you will revisit throughout the year not just on your anniversary!! He hones in on your personality, asks questions, and gets to know you and your style. Let Shawn take care of you! You will be wow'd!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016

We recently had Shawn Gormley capture the memories of our son's wedding. Shawn is a very professional videographer, and before the big day he made sure he had all the details he needed to be successful. I was impressed with how he coordinated with the other services at the... Read More wedding and reception including the photographer and disc jockey. Throughout the day he was so unobtrusive you hardly knew he was there, but he was capturing moments (I had no idea, until I saw the final product). In a technology infused society there are many people who "have camera, will film". Shawn has that special gift of finding the moments, that camera angle and the magical lighting as well as quality audio that sets him and his video services way above others that are available. He has a calming effect on those around him so you don't see people avoiding the camera, they act naturally. I have known Shawn for many years and have been keenly aware of the high-quality video work he does. I have watched his portfolio grow with one quality video after another. BUT it is one thing to see the memories of others captured in video, but when it your special day it takes it to another level. I had high expectations of Shawn, he not only delivered but exceeded my expectations. The preview video Shawn delivered allowed us to relive that special day for our family. The high-quality editing and all the moments he captured gave us a recount of the day from many different angles. The full-length video was every bit as impressive. After my experience with Shawn, I can confidently recommend him and his services to anyone in search of a videographer. If you are unsure if having your wedding day or event captured in video is a good investment for your special day, I highly encourage you to do it, you will be happy you did! Photographs and memories are great, but video will stir all those emotions even better.