Timeless. Elegant. Classic.

Located in the little town of Mendon, MA but I enjoy traveling to weddings in Boston and other beautiful New England cities and towns. I serve my couples not only with beautiful wedding day images, but I also give them the best wedding photography experience. Your wedding photos will be timeless, elegant, classic, and authentic. You will be able to relive the moments and joy of your wedding day for years to come. After all of the planning is complete, the cake has been cut, and you have danced the night away, only your photographs of your wedding day, your story, of your loved shared with those that you love will remain. I love weddings, photographing the love of couples, special moments, and the connections of family and friends on wedding days.

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Mendon, MA Boston | New England (508) 612-2003
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Dawn K

Shawon was a FANTASTIC photographer! From our initial planning phases, to the day of the wedding and even after the wedding, it has been a joy working with her. She was always organized and 100% professional. Through every step of the process Shawon provided us with timelines... Read More and what to expect, which was very helpful since I had a lot on my plate. We loved our engagement shoot with her - she made us feel very comfortable and helped us get to know her photography style. Leading up to the wedding she was always in contact & coordinated a day of timeline with the venue. She also sent us the sweetest gifts in anticipation of the big day! She was the most thoughtful vendor I worked with for my wedding! When the wedding day arrived she came early and stayed late - she walked through the venue to get photo ideas and to set up. She also made sure that everyone stuck to the timeline! It was like she was a coordinator and photographer in one! My venue LOVED working with her and my guests showered her with compliments. She was never in the way and got amazing shots throughout the ceremony and getting ready phases. She also had some of these shots displayed for guests during the reception which our guests really enjoyed. She was quick to share the photos after the wedding and there are so many amazing shots that we don't even know where to begin! I would highly recommend working with Shawon if you want a personalized, high level of service from an experienced and creative photographer!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jake and K

Shawon Davis photographed our wedding this summer (2017), and we absolutely could not have had a more positive experience working with her. She was the best vendor that we worked with and was definitely the best financial investment that we made during our wedding planning... Read More process. In the months leading up to the wedding, she stayed in close contact with us, helping us plan for the photography aspect of the wedding, and generally just psyching us up to get married (which was really appreciated during the stressful aspects of planning). She sent us a comprehensive guide, which was almost like a how-to manual with tips and suggestions for planning the wedding day so that were mentally prepared and able to get the most out of her services [sidenote: I have not heard of other photographers doing this, and found the guide so useful that I am passing it onto a recently engaged friend of mine]. On the wedding day itself, she was INCREDIBLE. She showed up early, stayed late, and generally just worked her @$$ off for us. Not only did she work incredibly hard, she was just a delight to have around: she has such a warm and positive presence, but is also very professional and great at managing people and crowds. I have seen other photographers be meek or ineffectual at directing people, but Shawon was the opposite: she was able to get all of our family/group portraits done very efficiently. She was totally unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception, and managed to get a lot of wonderful candid and posed photos of our guests, which we really appreciated. We loved spending our day with her, and were actually sad to see her go at the end of the evening! After the wedding, she continued to impress us with her lightning-fast turn around times. We had a sneak peek within a few days, and the full gallery of images within a month. This is definitely not the industry norm, and is just another example of how Shawon goes above and beyond for her clients. The photos themselves, of course, are beautiful. We will treasure them for the rest of our lives. We are so grateful to Shawon for all that she contributed to our wedding. She is the full package: wonderfully creative; organized, professional, hardworking; and a warm and lovely person to interact with. We cannot recommend her more highly.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Ashley W

I can not rave enough about how amazing it was working with Shawon! I came across Shawon's photos on Instagram and I loved her style. She never stopped working for us from the moment we signed the contract until after the wedding. She checked in with us, gave great advice and... Read More recommendations and above all, she listened to what my husband and I wanted and executed it flawlessly. Shawon arrived early on the day of the wedding, took amazing photos without being intrusive and received compliments from all of the wedding vendors and a ton of our guests. After the wedding, Shawon kept in touch and told me exactly what to expect and delivered our photos earlier than what I had anticipated! I would recommend Shawon without hesitation! I am already trying to figure how I can plan another event just so that I can use her again!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Fred K

Just a quick note to say what a pleasure to have experienced your skill first hand at Dillon and Dawn Kix wedding. I sincerely encourage those looking for that special someone to capture the essence of a couple during their wedding ceremony to run don't walk to engage your... Read More services. They will not be disappointed. Thank you.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Anais A

Shawon is the absolute best; I mean that. She is a true professional that does all things with excellence. She was very attentive to my husband and I throughout the whole process; not just the day of, but also leading up to the wedding day. She is a warm, sweet, and genuine. I... Read More enjoyed every minute of working with her!

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2/04/2015

Shawon was an absolute pleasure to work with! She has a calming and generous personality that helped put us at ease and had everyone smiling and laughing. The photos turned out absolutely beautiful (we received them quickly too)! Shawon has a great eye for color and light,... Read More and perfectly captured the mood and spirit of the day. Her skill and passion is clearly evident in her amazing body of work.

Exceptional!!

Reviewed on 1/29/2015

I would use this vendor again in a heartbeat and I highly recommend Shawon Davis Photography for all and any occasion. I am highly satisfied!

Shawon Davis

Hello! I am Shawon, and I'm the lady behind the camera, blog, and website. I am originally from the south, but my family and I have called New England home for over 10 years. I'm often asked why did we move, and my response is we love snow! I'm only kidding, but I promise to tell you the real story when we meet. I have been married to the love of my life for 18 years, and we have three amazing kids! My favorite things to do are DIY home projects all powered by HGTV, singing, date nights with my husband, family fun time, and I'm learning how to grow pretty flowers and vegetables.