Shaw's Crab House

Schaumburg, IL

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in pretty Schaumburg, Illinois, Shaw's Crab House invites couples to get a little "crabby" on their wedding day. With first-class seasonal shellfish and sleek 1940s decor blended with modern lighting and sound, Shaw's Crab House makes an amazing location for a fun and flirty wedding celebration.

The Club Room. With seating for up to 45 guests and a casual ocean-style decor, the Club Room makes an excellent location for those first-look photos, an indoor wedding ceremony or an intimate reception dinner. High ceilings and pretty wood paneling give the Club Room the feel of a large ship's galley while pretty chandeliers and a cool central column top off the illusion. Large round or square tables and comfortable chairs make it simple for guests to enjoy the party. Large windows and pretty dark wood accents with fun "crabby" details make the Club Room an exciting and entertaining venue.

The Shaw's Crab House Restaurant. The entire restaurant at Shaw's Crab House is available for a large wedding reception with up to 250 guests. The massive bar, lively oyster bar and unique restaurant itself provide plenty of space for dancing, drinking and enjoying a delicious dinner. High ceilings, elegant lanterns and large windows that offer a splash of natural light make the Shaw's Crab House Restaurant a perfect location for large dinner receptions where the food is definitely a cause to celebrate. Sound and lighting systems along with a projector are available to ensure that a DJ or a live band are able to liven up the party.

With two locations and a spectacular menu, Shaw's Crab House is a strong contender when it comes to fun wedding venues in Illinois. The restaurant's extensive menu offers a huge range of seafood items including scrumptious lobster bisque, seafood gumbo, Parmesan-crusted haddock, seared salmon and French-fried shrimp. A complete raw bar and a feasting station filled with luscious desserts rounds out the reception dinner menu. Vegetarian options and items designed for those who avoid seafood are also available, including beef tenderloin, mini burgers and Asian chicken satay.

The bar at Shaw's Crab House is filled with plenty of top-shelf liquors and couples can choose a signature drink, an open bar or a cash bar depending on the wedding package selected. There is plenty of on-site parking at Shaw's Crab House and valet parking can be provided by an outside vendor. Outside caterers are not allowed at Shaw's Crab House.

The delicious seafood at Shaw's Crab House is definitely a perk when it comes to planning a wedding in Illinois.

• 20 fresh fish selections daily
  • Close to lodging and entertainment
  • Near Ned Brown Forest Preserve and Woodfield Mall

Elegance is Always Part of the Package

Host your next event at Shaw’s for an exceptional meal with fantastic service! Both Shaw’s Chicago and Schaumburg offer private dining space ranging from 10 to 250 guests. Our spaces provide the perfect setting for events ranging from wedding receptions to bridal showers, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners and post wedding brunches. Offering the same decor and menus featuring main dining room dishes, your guests are certain to have an unforgettable experience. Shaw’s offers customized event planning services, including but not limited to audiovisual needs, place cards and floral arrangements.

Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1900 E. Higgins Rd, Schaumburg, IL (847) 517-2722
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Steve C

We had our wedding reception at Shaw's in April. We wanted a classy place where the food was excellent and where we'd be comfortable. Shaw's was the perfect choice. We had been to Shaw's several times before and the food had always been fantastic. We had 5 options: a filet... Read More mignon, crabcakes, scallops, catch of the day, and a chicken dish. A majority of our guests got the filet. I got to try some of my wife's filet and it was so tender and delicious. I had the catch of the day which was a swordfish and that was delicious as well. There was something wrong with the fryers that day so they couldn't serve a couple of the appetizers we had selected but they upgraded the appetizers to even better apps for no cost and everything just came out so delicious! Sometimes things can go wrong but the most important thing is how they reacted and resolved the situation and we were very happy with the outcome. The service was top notch. We had a couple requests that we had forgot to mention in our communications beforehand and Shaw's was very accommodating and was able to fulfill our requests right before the start of the reception. The servers, bartenders, Erin & Meghan, and everyone else there was so helpful and will go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for your special day. I would highly recommend Shaw's. The private room upstairs was very nice. The separate bar was very popular with the drinkers in our party (myself included). They made it so that we had a stress-free and fun celebration.

2016-06-12T08:49:07 Response from the vendor

It is our pleasure and thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with yourself and your bride! We look forward to hosting more events with the both of you in the future!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016

I wanted to plan a special evening for my girlfriend and fiance-to-be. I planned to propose earlier in the afternoon, and if she said yes, then take her out for a romantic dinner to celebrate. I contacted Shaw's only about a week in advance to see if they could do anything... Read More special for the occasion, and they were able to organize a private room for us with our own personal server, as well as prepare a custom marquee and complementary flowers in colors of my choosing. After the proposal (she said yes by the way), I surprised my fiance with the reservation, and she was blown away by the consideration they put into our event and special day, not to mention the meal in itself was amazing. They went above and beyond to make us feel wonderful, and made our time there a highlight of the day! Thanks to their efforts, we'll have this memorable evening to look back on for the rest of our lives. Thanks Shaw's!

2016-06-12T08:48:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We had a blast preparing this very special moment for you and your fiancé! We look forward to making more memories with the both of you in the future.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Kate P

Shaw's hosted an incredible Bridal Shower for me and my family and friends in April of this year. My husband - on behalf of my Mom who lives in Michigan - primarily worked with Meghan and Erin on the menu and beverage details for the event, while Meghan went the extra mile... Read More working with me to match our wedding colors with the linens, napkins, and floral decor. She even personally made the flower arrangements, too! We had guests traveling from all over (New Jersey, Michigan, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Canada) and we wanted them to feel immediately welcome upon their arrival. So, when each guest entered the 'Clubroom', they were offered a glass of Prosecco, or another beverage of choice, which was poured right away by the wonderfully attentive and intuitive banquet staff. We chose cold seafood appetizers (King Crab Bites, Oysters, and Shrimp Cocktail!) which were placed on a table so we could enjoy while mingling. Since it was an early afternoon event, Bloody Marys and Mimosas were offered to guests, and we had 4 entree menu options when we sat for lunch: Shaw's Seafood Salad, Catch of the Day (Swordfish), The Seafood Platter, and Parmesan Crusted Chicken, as well as soup or salad, side dishes, and mini desserts. While the ladies enjoyed the private dining experience, the men who came to celebrate for the weekend sat together in the Oyster Bar for lunch and drinks. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the food and ambience of Shaw's, and as my Aunt Pat likes to remind me every time I see her: "That was the best food I have EVER had at a Bridal Shower -- or ever, for that matter!" Thank you, Shaw's!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Kate P

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kate T

From start to finish, our rehearsal dinner was magical. As the bride, I couldn't have been more pleased when we showed up late (of course, how else does a rehearsal at a catholic church go), that all of our guests were joyfully enjoying a cold seafood bar and passed signature... Read More cocktails. While my hands weren't directly involved in planning this portion of the wedding weekend (grand thanks to my mother-in-law, Ruthann & Erin!), it was such a relaxing evening as nothing could have gone better. As I mentioned, we started our night with passed appetizers and cold seafood bar (a must!), and then leisurely sat down to a 3 course dinner. It was great to visit with all of our out of town guests in a none rushed dinner situation - I don't think I was able to talk to anyone the day of the wedding! The ambiance, the floral (thank you!), the menus (yay! can't believe you guys tracked down my invite lady) and the overall care that our guests received at dinner was amazing. Thank you to your whole team, and I can't believe it has taken me this long to express my gratitude. My guests were beyond impressed, and wish we could do this every year. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Emily R

We had our rehearsal dinner here and it was absolutely perfect. Julie and her staff were extremely accommodating to the dynamic nature of our requests (changing guest numbers, food restrictions ,etc.). The food and beverage service went without a hitch and everyone there was... Read More happy, relaxed and having fun. In the craziness of wedding planning, this was by far one of the easiest parts thanks to the awesome team there.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Erica L

We had a 50th Anniversary Party for our parents at the Schaumburg Shaw's. We loved it! The room was perfect, the service was exceptional and the food was delicious. The party team helped us to plan a beautiful celebration for our parents. Thank you Shaw's!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Haley O

We had my rehearsal dinner at Shaws Schaumburg in August 2016. It was absolutely wonderful! We were seated upstairs in their private dining room, which fit our party perfectly. We even had our own personal bar and bartender. The food was awesome (crab cakes...mmmmmm) , the... Read More service was great, and banquet staff went above and beyond to make it memorable (including offering us a champagne toast!) Both Meghan and Erin, the private dining managers, answered my e-mails promptly and returned my incessant calls. My guests were extremely pleased with the dinner and told me so. Thanks Shaws!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Rosemary W

From initial planning with event coordinators, Julie and Ruthann, until the last bite of dessert the Shaw's team truly went above and beyond to make our rehearsal dinner special. We hosted our May 2016 rehearsal dinner at the Shaw's located in down town Chicago. It was a super... Read More convenient location for our guests staying at hotel in the river north area. We could feel the personal touch from the entire team, from the event planners to the service team we felt genuinely cared for every step of the way. The Shaw's team was so flexible with the menu and helped us design a custom dinner with all of our favorite items from the classic Shaw's Crab House menu that we wanted to share with all of family and friends. We were able to enjoy everything from a sushi and oyster buffet to our favorite mini desserts! My father (who is very picky) said that he enjoyed the rehearsal dinner more than the wedding itself! Thank you Shaw's team for taking such great care of us.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016

My brothers and I wanted to throw our parents a 60th wedding anniversary party. We looked at several venues, and chose Shaw's Crab House in Schaumburg. The party rooms available were a perfect size for the event planned. As we expected, the food was excellent. We had great... Read More choices fish, seafood and steak! The staff went above and beyond accommodating us. With most of the guests in their 80s and 90, it was difficult to determine exactly how many guests would actually be able to make it. The banquet staff went out of their way to provide us with maximum flexibility in our party plan to accommodate a wide number of guests. It turns out we had more than we expected, but the wait staff was able to accommodate us without difficulty. It was a great event! Mike Z.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Carrie K

We had our daughter's bridal shower at Shaw's and it was wonderful! We worked with Meghan, the event coordinator. She was responsive and had great ideas. Every detail was taken care of. The food was delicious, each guest had a menu to choose their lunch. Service was... Read More attentive. thanks for a memorable event!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Margaret D

We had a bridal shower for my daughter in October 2016. Shaw's was great. The food, the room, the event coordinator, Meghan and the captain Michael were all wonderful. The room was set up on time and beautifully. The service was attentive without being overbearing. The... Read More buffet was replenished without asking and they even packaged leftovers in small portions so guests could take them home easily. I highly recommend Shaw's for special events.