Asheville, NC, Nashville, TN, Greenville, SC, Savannah, GA

Distinctive . Exquisite . Style

Shay Brown Events is honored to be one of the top wedding planners and designers of the Southeast. Whether you are looking for classic, vintage, sustainable, modern or simply elegant wedding, SBE has over a decade of experience designing and directing award-winning events.

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

8 Lorraine Avenue, Asheville, NC Asheville, NC, Nashville, TN, Greenville, SC, Savannah, GA (828) 299-4513

Shay and her team are absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Kelsey C

I looked on The Knot when we first started looking for wedding planners, and Shay was one of the one's that kept standing out to me. We contacted her and on our next trip to Asheville, we met with her. From our first meeting with her, we knew that we wanted and needed to work... Read More with her. Shay did our floral and Amy Wood was our wedding planner. They, and the rest of the Shay Brown Team, were absolutely wonderful to work with. They were so prompt at returning phone calls and emails. As brides we know sometimes we can get a little crazy, and they were so understanding and helped me through many things! They were so open to ideas that I had and we were able to work so well together at planning the decor concepts and floral concepts. They made our day flow flawlessly!! Everything about our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Shay Brown and her team were wonderful to get to know and we will continue a friendship with them all. Shay and her team are worth every penny and more. We absolutely could not have done it without them.

The wedding took my breath away!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Lindsay D

WOW. Not sure how else to say other than, Shay Brown saved me and my wedding! I didn't have to worry about a thing and even still today, I am hearing from my guests how stunning and breathtaking our wedding was. Shay is not only incredibly professional, she was always there... Read More to listen to me when I need to vet an idea. Shay took over my wedding as the full wedding designer and planner with only 3 months notice and I can't begin to tell you the difference I saw in her abilities over the other vendor I was working with (and the other vendor came highly recommended -- so this should tell you without saying much that her skillset is unparalleled in the industry). Our wedding was very elaborate in detail; we wanted our guests to have the true southern experience and she accomplished that and then some -- down to the detail of how our servers approached our guests to the way our transportation service arrived and shuttled people around. There was not ONE detail that was missed. Our guests still refer to our wedding as the "Royal Wedding" and I know that is largely because of the service they received in addition to the stunning design. Shay started out as my wedding planner, but she will forever exist in my contacts as someone near and dear to my heart. It was a true pleasure to work with her and her team; they truly made my wedding dreams come true. For pics -- click this link: http://www.bluebendphotography.com/2014/06/lindsay-tylers-wedding-photos-inn-half-mile-farm-highlands-nc/

Reviewed on 6/07/2016

I am to glad I decided to hire Shay Brown and her team for my wedding. These girls are amazing, I worked with Amy at first and she was amazing, Kalen was the planner at the wedding and I cant thank her enough!!!! I do not consider these ladies vendors anymore, I consider them my... Read More family because I cant thank them enough for making my wedding so beautiful and perfect!!! I literally have tears in my eyes typing this because I am going to miss you girls.

If you're thinking about working with SBE, just do it! They are pros and you will not be disappointed

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Julia R

We worked with Shay Brown Events for our floral design and for day-of wedding coordination. I worked closely with both Shay and Amy, and they were both stunningly professional. There are a million details to coordinate for a wedding, and the two of them kept me totally sane,... Read More with helping us think through the logistics and the flow of the evening. They met with me multiple times before the wedding day to check-in and go through details, and we also had many phone consultations as well since we were planning our wedding from out-of-town. Amy and Shay also provided amazing vendor recommendations, and helped us arrange visits with other vendors in SBE's cute office space. The flowers on the day-of were a dream! It was flawless execution on our wedding vision. Overall, everything on our wedding day went off without a hitch, and it's because of Shay Brown Events! They are total pros, and I could not recommend working with SBE more highly.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

We had an amazing experience with Shay Brown Events! We used Shay for design as well as day of coordination, and we could not be more pleased with her work! She is extremely talented. Shay not only created a visually stunning day, but her personal touches, and day of... Read More organization helped our day go off without a hitch. We had a PERFECT day! We were able to enjoy our special day and soak in every minute without any stresses, and that is so priceless for a bride, groom, and our families! Cannot recommend SBE enough!

Just lovely

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Kathryn M

I could not recommend Shay Brown more highly. I had a very short engagement, only 3 weeks, and with 2 weeks to go I hired Shay. Shay literally came in to save the day. We had 50 wedding guests, a smaller budget, and no time to mess around. Our guests never knew the price tag or... Read More the time constraints SBE had to work under because our wedding and reception looked like it had been planned months in advance. Shay is a true professional and so good at what she does. Her eye for floral design and table displays are remarkable. She is an artist. Shay also does a wonderful job capturing the overall look and feel of the wedding we wanted to have - both rustic and elegant. She listened to us, took control, and still had plenty of patience at all times for our questions and concerns. Any bride, with a wedding big or small, on any budget, would have the day or her dreams with Shay Brown Designs.

Castle Ladyhawke &SBE

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Excellent service. Shay and her associates gave me peace of mind during my daughters wedding. They conduct their business very professionally, they have a lot of experience and it shows. She worked with me to stay within my budget too! I highly recommend her and staff.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Kichak S

SBE did an amazing job with our wedding! Amy Wood handled everything and really allowed us to fully enjoy our day. In addition to managing our entire day, Amy helped us coordinate activities for throughout our entire destination wedding weekend. Amy did such a nice job... Read More managing our event, we never even saw, let alone had to deal with, most of our vendors on the wedding day itself- she handled everything! I was definitely hesitant to hire a wedding planner, but it was easily the best choice we could have made. Could not recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Sofia F

We worked with Shay Brown Events on all aspects of our wedding: wedding planning, vendor selection, and day-of coordination. Most of our correspondence leading up to the wedding was with Amy, while Shay was there over our wedding weekend. Amy is the most organized person I (the... Read More bride) have ever worked with, which is saying a lot since I am very organized myself. Amy helped us to find most of our vendors and she did so on a pretty tight timeline (we signed with SBE in Jan and the wedding was in July. We had no vendors in Jan). Almost all of them are folks that Amy and Shay have worked with in the past and their endorsement was important to us. Amy is highly responsive and is willing to work with the clients' needs (e.g., we had both a Pakistani wedding and an American wedding, and the set-up was entirely different for each, as well as some vendor/ food requirements. Shay was there the entire time over our wedding weekend, and she saved the day several times. For one, she created a second bustle for my dress so I didn't trip over it while dancing. Also, there was a miscommunication with the officiant and we needed something which was not there (a table with five flowers in a vase to be set up behind the officiant). The officiant only told us at 430 and the ceremony began at 5. Shay pulled this together at the very last minute and enabled us to keep the ceremony as planned. Finally, and this was big, we ran out of hard liquor after the American wedding on Fri night. Our Pakistani wedding was on a holiday (July 4th), and Shay spent a while calling all liquor stores in the area until she finally found one in Georgia that was open. Phew! We really needed the extra booze! Taylor from SBE was also there over our wedding weekend, and she is great to work with. She is highly attentive and manages to be everywhere while staying in the background. We highly recommend SBE to any and all couples! You will be SO happy you went with them.

High quality service, exemplary follow through!

Reviewed on 4/05/2015 Heather H

My husband and I were married in western NC in late summer 2013. I was initially reluctant to use a wedding planner but I was so glad to have Shay Brown and Amy Wood managing our wedding. Not only did they handle last minute wrinkles (like the venue deciding to not provide... Read More transportation for guests a week before the wedding!) but working to secure our anniversary wedding cake tier. A year after our wedding, we were having trouble contacting the baker who had agreed to provide a cake for our one year anniversary. After failed attempts to reach the baker, Amy stepped in and was able to get us our cake. That is the kind of high quality service I didn't expect, especially a year after our wedding. Thanks Shay Brown Events for providing an incredible experience. If you need a wedding planner, know that you will be getting the best with this team!

Dream Wedding, Elegant and Modern

Reviewed on 12/25/2014 Maggie T

We interviewed a couple of wedding planners located in and around the Asheville area and chose Shay Brown Events because everything Shay said in our first consultation was exactly on point with how we wanted our wedding to go. They are definitely a premier events planning group... Read More in this region, so the cost is higher than we originally had thought we wanted, but every single thing they did to go above and beyond made the price 100% worth it and even more so. The value was in the totality of their services - we had a coordinator (the AMAZING Amy Wood), Shay Brown created or managed all of our design work (florals, linens, rentals, etc., and they helped us choose and managed for us all our other vendors as well as our budget! Amy was completely accessible for any questions or needs that we had at any time during our 18 months of wedding planning. Everyone we worked with at Shay Brown Events was so professional, knowledgable, and so friendly. The best thing though was the final product - how the day itself turned out. Nothing went wrong! And the decor was absolutely how I'd imagined it and better. Coming from a perfectionist bride - it had been hard for me to release even just a little control to Amy and Shay, but it was truly my Dream Wedding. Shay worked magic with both my wedding space (church) and our venue ("On Broadway" in downtown Asheville). Everything was unique and something I hadn't seen before (including hanging handmade paper flower pomanders from the choir loft beam above where my groom and I stood in the ceremony space). They listened to everything we wanted so well but then took our ideas and made them better in the most perfect way. Our guests adored every detail of our wedding, and we will always look back on it with fantastic memories, many of which were made possible because of Amy and Shay. There is no way our wedding would have been anywhere close to the event that it was without them.

Best decision made!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Mandy P

Shay and Carmen were so wonderful to work with through the whole process, but on the day of the wedding they were the absolute best decision I made! I did not have to worry about anything, they did all the work for me. I just got to sit back and enjoy my wedding day, which is so... Read More important because it flies by. I'm a wedding photographer myself and I knew if there was one thing I couldn't skimp on, it was having a real planner with lots of experience and great taste. The reception site was stunning and I planned it all in advance, so on the day of the wedding I did not have to do anything. Actually, all weekend I did not have to do anything but relax. They were by my side the whole time and I can never thank them enough!! Don't think any longer... hire Shay Brown as your wedding planner! You won't regret it!

Shay Brown Events Delivered!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014

Shay Brown Events helped plan and produce our son and daughter-in-law's Wedding and Rehearsal Dinner this past August. The wedding took place at Yesterday Spaces in Leicester, N.C. which is just outside of Asheville. I can't say enough about how amazing everyone on the SBE team... Read More were throughout. The team consisted of Shay Brown, owner of SBE, and design and floral expert, Amy Wood, our Wedding Event Manager, and Erika, who was involved with onsite planning and coordination. We started the process about nine months in advance meeting with Shay. We found her to be extremely knowledgable. Shay introduced us to Amy who met with the couple to discuss their vision and worked with them to create a plan, prioritizing tasks and keeping track of the many details it would take to make that vision a reality, including keeping us all on schedule! She provided direction and creative input as various elements unfolded, each clearly articulated in easy to read time-lines. She reviewed our budgets, and advised on everything from invitations, caterer's, and beverages, to discussing the couples décor concepts, guest lists, ceremony music, DJ, toasts, travel and accommodation considerations, not to mention the actual wedding ceremony plans, wedding reception, and rehearsal dinner production--all critical elements in creating a solid foundation for the Wedding weekend. Amy's attention to detail is unsurpassed. I've never seen anything like it. And that attention made all the difference. She developed a wonderful relationship with the bride and groom, as well as the families, and helped us navigate through the decision making process with with clarity, sensitivity, and tact. She was the "go to" person, always responsive, thoughtful and a delight to work with. Shay, focused on design and floral. She worked with the bride to create a sort of hybrid floral plan where the couples friends were involved in the process. That flexibility enabled the couple to stay in budget, and have the personal experience they wanted for their wedding, all while benefitting from Shay's very professional and lovely floral elements. Shay put together a magnificent bouquet for the bride, as well as the entire wedding party, and families. The flowers were perfect. Erika, SBE's onsite coordinator, joined Amy in working with us the week before the wedding. She was there for the walk throughs, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and Wedding day all the way through break down, supervising everything with precision. She has an incredible personality, which everyone responded to well, as she directed a very large wedding party and family through all elements of the ceremony, photos, and introductions at the reception. All this happened as Amy held down the reception, overseeing set-up, caterer's, bartender, DJ and others, while making sure the guests were comfortable. They both kept all of us calm and everything running smoothly. My son and his wife had a truly wonderful wedding! There were tears of joy and lots of laughter. There was ceremony, tradition and community. There was so much love, along with wonderful music, celebration, dance, and much more. I was able to enjoy each moment as were our family and friends. All those details I mentioned earlier, the ones on the time-lines, well they all seemed to magically fall into place. But it wasn't magic. It was great planning and direction from the terrific group of people at SBE. We placed our trust in Shay Brown Events, and they delivered!

Peacock and Diamonds to Remember

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

We hired Shay Brown Events (SBE) to customize, design and plan our wedding from start to finish since my wife and I both have full-time jobs. The process was very streamlined and helped bring all of my wife's and my wedding visions come true. The day of the wedding was one that... Read More we left in the hands of the SBE staff and everything went as-planned down to the smallest details. We would recommend SBE to handle any of our future events!

Choose SBE--they make dreams come true!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Kristin

Let me start by saying that Shay Brown Events made my dream wedding possible—and then they topped it. Even now I tear up thinking about how magical my day was, and I know I owe it to Carmen, Shay, and the SBE team. Shay Brown Events gave me the wedding I had always dreamed of... Read More having, but that I thought I could never afford. I am originally from NC and currently live in MI, so the entire Asheville, NC wedding was planned from afar. The help of SBE made this distance feel insignificant. Carmen Huffman was my coordinator and she worked with me every step of the way. Carmen was professional, knowledgeable, and so kind—she was an absolute joy to work with. Everything that I wanted to have happen for my wedding, she made sure it would happen—and it did! I was a ‘DIY’ bride and both Carmen and the SBE team ensured that all of the details I had prepared were incorporated perfectly! For those of you on a budget, please know I was on a tight budget and SBE always made sure I stayed on target, but that still had my dream wedding—they are awesome! I also had SBE floral do my flowers and design for both the ceremony and reception; Shay did an incredible job—everything was absolutely stunning. Shay studied my pinterest board and created a design that not only reflected my dream, it surpassed it! She even went so far as to create a rain plan for my ceremony design. Throughout my wedding planning process I was a busy full-time grad student and both Carmen and Shay worked with my mother often, always making sure we were happy with everything. The day of was beyond perfect, Carmen, Shay, and the rest of the SBE team ensured that everything went smoothly; they are all truly wonderful to work with. I wish I could thank them every day. I know that SBE went above and beyond and that they not only love what they do, they love their clients. My only regret is that I don’t live in Asheville, NC and that I can’t recommend them daily! I can’t imagine another special event that I wouldn’t have SBE facilitate (now I just need to move back to NC!) Thank you SBE, you are amazing!!!

SBE

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Kelly I

Amy Woods from Shay Brown Events has been such a pleasure to work with though the planning process. I found Shay Brown Events on The Knot.com and based on the numerous 5 star reviews had to meet with them. I spoke with Amy and from the moment we spoke I knew that she would be... Read More perfect. Our wedding at the Old Edwards Inn was beauitful and no stone was left unturned. My mother and I were so thankful to have a planner with such a wonderful and calming personality that was also great at what she does! Amy made the planning process fun for us. I'm ready to do it all again!!

Perfect combination

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Laura L

For a bride like myself that was completing graduate school and beginning a residency program in the middle of planning a wedding, Shay Brown Events couldn't have had any more of a absolutely necessary role. Shay Brown Events provided a wonderful relationship that allowed myself... Read More to be the involved bride with every decision but took care of all the behind the scene details. The team was able to take in all my wants and dreams and make them a reality. It was truly a dream come true and wouldn't have been possible without their involvement!

Is responsible for the best, happiest day of my life, of my wife's life, of my parents' life. Superlative.

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

I don't think that I could possibly say enough about Shay Brown Events and our planner, Amy Wood, but some context will, at the very least, give you some idea of how difficult their job was and how remarkable it is that they achieved perfection. My wife and I started... Read More planning our wedding in September of 2013. We both loved Asheville, and were both enthusiastic about having the wedding there. Of course, we didn't live there. I live in Baltimore, my wife lives in Boston, my parents are in Michigan and her parents are in Chapel Hill - so Amy and SBE had to coordinate everything between FOUR DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. Normally, destination weddings are package deals, but that was totally impossible in this case, because we had a wedding that was kind of Indian and kind of Western. So that was Amy's job. Stay in Asheville, manage the expectations and cater to the whims of people in four different cities while designing and planning from scratch a ceremony and reception that will somehow satisfy my 85 year old Sari-wearing aunty from London and my wife's conservative, decidedly non-Indian aunt from Northern California. AND SHE TOTALLY DID. Everything, from the welcome reception on Thursday night to the farewell brunch on Sunday morning, was utterly and absolutely flawless. It was planned down to the minute and executed with a precision that makes me suspect that Amy is a former SWAT commander. So competent in adverse conditions? Absolutely. But that's not all. Amy is the sweetest, most charming, most diplomatic person I've met in a while. When our folks were unsure about something, were demanding something unreasonable, following a digression off into a rabbit hole or whether my wife and I were just bickering about napkin colors, Amy subtly and gently addresses concerns, assuages worries and redirects the discussion with a broad smile on her sunny face. Finally: our reception was outdoors. The week of the wedding, the weather was rainy on a daily basis. The night before the wedding, we took a rehearsal trip to the location. Our visit lasted only a couple of hours, but when we went home, we learned later, Amy and her assistant stayed until nine o'clock that night, scrubbing the dance floor in the reception tent clean of all the wet mud that had accumulated since it had been set up. I only found out about this because other people told me. My wedding was the happiest day of my life, and Amy and SBE worked tirelessly for an entire year to make sure it was perfect. I cannot imagine any part of the experience of planning or the wedding itself that could have been any better.

The best!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Liz H

We used Shay Brown Events to help plan my wedding in Sky Valley, GA. What started out at as an intimate wedding with 40 people quickly grew… and Shay was a lifesaver throughout the whole process. I had a million ideas and a million different pinterest boards but could not begin... Read More to bring everything together. Shay was so helpful at organizing and executing everything, she was available morning, noon and night to help with my indecisiveness. It was such a perfect day and I could not have done it without her. Anyone who is debating on whether or not to hire a planner… do it!

Wedding Coordinator Finally The Bride

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Erika E

Shay Brown and her team are true professionals who love what they do. They take care of every detail and make sure everything goes smoothly so you don't have to worry about anything going wrong or starting late. Shay is a dream to work with and no matter what your vision, she... Read More can make it happen. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of plus more. Our friends and family are still talking about the décor and how everything looked.

AMAZING WEDDING PLANNERS

Reviewed on 10/23/2013

My daughter and I worked very closely with Amy Wood and the Shay Brown event team for over a year on her wedding. From the very first meeting Amy understood my daughters vision for her dream wedding. From the first vendor meetings until the day of the wedding Amy was amazing!!... Read More She handled details that I never would have thought of. She made sure everybody that was involved in anyway knew when and where to be. Every detail was amazing. My daughters wedding was an outdoor wedding. Three days before the wedding I called Amy, My daughter was in tears due to the chance of rain on Saturday. Amy was so patient and kind and ask us to come in to meet with her to help calm my daughter. It did rain on the day of the wedding and Amy and the Shay Brown staff did an amazing job changing, moving and setting up everything inside in just a couple of hours. Amy made sure every detail would give her the dream wedding she wanted. It has been over 2 months since the wedding and I still have guest complimenting Amy and Shay Brown on what a beautiful wedding and amazing job they did. From the countless e-mails and phone calls of panic to all the laughs and wonderful memories we made working with Amy, I can never thank Amy, Shay and the entire staff enough for all they did. We love Shay Brown Events and Highly recommend them to every Bride planning a wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013

Amy with SBE was so wonderful and patient with me! Everything turned out perfect, and it was the most magical day. Thank you so much for all your help - from flowers, to calling vendors, to helping bustle my dress the day of. It was a great help all the way through.

Reviewed on 9/25/2013

When we needed help planning our daughter's wedding in NC from out of state, we turned to Shay Brown Events. SBE gave us great advice about choices of vendors and gave attention to every detail. All events went flawlessly and beautifully. The wedding party, family, and friends... Read More had a wonderful time. SBE are great people to work with. We recommend them highly!

Most valuable vendor you'll have!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Erin T

Our experience with Shay Brown Events was amazing. Amy Wood was our planner and she thought of everything. She was always available to answer questions, gave us frequent updates on what needed to be decided or accomplished, and was completely invaluable on the day of the... Read More event. Other planners I had spoken with seemed to be very concerned with limitations on phone calls, emails back and forth, and what our expectations were since we planned to do a lot of the work with the vendors ourselves. Even though we went with a “limited” package from Shay Brown Events, we were blown away by their helpfulness. Amy thought of everything possible ahead of time so that the actual event went off perfectly. Although it rained throughout the event (which was outdoors and moved under a tent), it went smoothly because of all the work Amy put in ahead of time and the night of. I seriously don’t know how we would have done it without her. It was easily the best money spent on the whole event because the week of the wedding, I didn’t have to worry about anything! I would highly recommend using Shay Brown Events for your wedding! You definitely won’t regret it!

We can't say enough positive about SBE!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Melanie C

The team from Shay Brown Events was key to our wedding. Ours was a destination wedding (we live in Central Kentucky and wedding was in Cashiers, NC). While we had already picked the venue based on family connections, we did not know where to start with the other vendors (such as... Read More cake, florist, musicians, photographer, etc). Shay Brown's team not only helped us find and select those vendors, but also thought of details/special touches and vendors to help with those that gave our wedding the "extra something". One detail in particular that sticks in my mind was locating a vendor from whom we were able to rent antique china in a mix-match of various patterns that was a perfect detail to our overall feel of rustic/vintage elegance. Every detail of the weekend was considered by Shay Brown Events (details I would not have thought of having never planned a wedding before!) and taken care of so that the entire planning process and the actual weekend of events went smoothly and was enjoyed by my husband and me as well as our families because we didn't have to worry with the organization; truly, we just had to "show up". There were a couple little bumps in the road that had we not had Shay's team to help us with would have been more problematic, but because Shay and Amy immediately took the steps to "fix" the potential problems, they never became problems. That type of attention and care is so important because wedding planning is stressful. Every single person at SBE that we worked with was professional yet kind and we knew that they really cared about us and our wedding. I am still amazed at how the team at Shay Brown Events was able to listen to us at our initial meeting describe what we envisioned for the "feel" of our wedding and then deliver it so precisely. We could not be happier with the job that they did and we highly recommend them. It is rare for me to give top ratings to anything, but Shay Brown Events truly deserves the five stars. Hiring Shay Brown Events was a very worthy investment and we wouldn't do it differently. Our wedding weekend was perfect and exactly what we wanted; we and our guests are still talking about it and in large part that is thanks to our Shay Brown Events team!