Shear Hotness, LLC.

Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton & Surrounding Areas

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Nails, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Waxing, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

2310 Far Hills Ave., Ste. 1, Dayton, OH Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton & Surrounding Areas (937) 210-7815

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Sydney H

I absolutely LOVED Ebony and her team! I did a trial with her over a year before my wedding and she did not for one second make me feel like I was any less important than a bride she was working with next week. She has an amazing eye for detail, color, and what will work for... Read More each individual. On the day of my wedding, she and her team were prompt, relaxed and so much fun! They were laughing and dancing along to our 90s hip-hop! I felt SO gorgeous from top to bottom! All my girls looked great too! If you are on the fence about Shear Hotness - don't be! Shear Hotness was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! They gave me a professional look that I could never do myself! Worth every penny!!!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Kayleigh H

Ebony and her team were amazing! They had to drive from Dayton and start hair/makeup at 6am for my brunch wedding. I had an extremely tight timeline and Ebony was so flexible in making everything work for me. Everyone was prompt, professional, friendly, and fun to hang out with... Read More even at 6am. The hair and makeup looked stunning. The hair was exactly what I envisioned for myself and my bridesmaids. My makeup was perfect. I was worried it would be too much as I normally wear very little but Ebony was able to pull my look off flawlessly. I am thankful to have had such an all star team to make me feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Erin G

I could write a whole book on my experience because I was so obsessed with every little thing! Blown away doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about my wedding day hair and makeup. I wish I could have Ebony at my house every morning to get me glammed up! We had Ebony,... Read More Taylor, and Chelsea on my wedding day doing hair and makeup, and when they say they're the dream team, they're not kidding. We had SO MUCH FUN with them! They're all beyond amazing. So talented and easy going too! It's obviously important to be professional, but to me it's more important that I can laugh and have fun and they had us cracking up all morning. That meant more to me than they'll ever know because it kept me stress-free. I'm obsessed with how amazing my bridesmaids looked as well (BOMBSHELLS by the way). These girls were ABSOLUTELY worth every penny and I'd do it a thousand times over again. I'm so grateful that I found Shear Hotness and for the ladies who make it so amazing. GO SEE THEM, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Natalie W

Ebony and her team are MAGIC. Ebony did my and my bridal party's makeup for my big day and it was impeccable. She created the perfect balance of glam but looking like ourselves, which was really important to me. Alyssia did a great job on all of our hair, too!! They made the... Read More atmosphere fun and exciting the whole time we were getting ready which helped keep my nerves in check :) Couldn't have been happier with my hair + makeup decision -- would choose Shear Hotness again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Anastacia L

When I made the decision to have my make up done for my wedding I had no idea where to start. I found out about Shear Hotness from a co-worker. From the first time I reached out to Ebony I knew I made a good decision. She was prompt and professional in all of our communications.... Read More She e-mailed a packet of information that explained in detail all of the packages they offered. After I decided to use Ebony and her team I scheduled my trial. The meeting with Chelsea went great. She was so sweet and took the time to get to know me and what I like and didn't like, and how I normally do my make up. She was patient and answered all of my questions and bridesmaids questions. Ebony and Chelsea were so accommodating even after I had to change locations of where we were getting ready multiple times! The day of Chelsea arrive promptly and quickly set up and got started. Throughout the process the day of the wedding she was patient and checked in with me multiple times to ensure that I was doing okay. I arrived at my wedding feeling absolutely beautiful! Of all the vendors I used for my wedding Shear Hotness was hands down the best! I would use Chelsea and Ebony again without hesitation!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Katie W

Wedding - Oct. 21 st 2016 WOW, EBONY and ALICIA.... DREAM - TEAM- Ebony did MY makeup (Bride) my moms makeup.. Husbands moms makeup... cousins makeup and 3 of my bridesmaids makeup... ALICIA did Hair on all of those ppl plus 1.... and let me just tell you... they did a... Read More FABULOUS J - O - B.... Everyone looked so beautiful and put together!!! I do have to say that my hair and makeup was amazing!!!! I felt like a Freaking QUEEN..... I received so many compliments!!! These women came and did work.... They were great and felt like family!!! Chelsea did my engagement photo makeup in Feb 2016 and she did great on that as well!!! I highly recommend you let Shear Hotness do u up for your next occasion (:

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Emily A

Oh my! What can I say about this awesome company? Ebony was a pleasure to work with and helped me nail down my timeline even when I threw her a curveball just a few days before the wedding and needed to move up our start time by a couple of hours. Chelsie and Alyssia did such an... Read More amazing job with our hair and makeup. My hair and makeup were incredible and I honestly can't say that I've ever felt prettier than I did on that day. Both girls were so much fun - it felt like they were part of my group of bridesmaids hanging out, listening to music and getting ready for a night out. Beyond doing our hair and makeup, they were always asking if they could help with anything and going above and beyond. Thank you SO MUCH ladies! You were wonderful! :)

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jennifer O

Ebony did my makeup for my wedding. She is just simply amazing. I am VERY tomboyish 😊 and I knew I need help to acheive a feminine look for my big day. She made me feel like her chair was meant just for me, like I belonged there all along. And boy oh boy were the results... Read More awesome! I felt so beautiful and confident. So Shear Hotness is where it's at without a doubt!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kiley E

Ebony is beyond amazing! I seriously felt like a princess on my wedding day. Ebony made me feel so comfortable & honestly we hit it off when we first met each other & she did my spray tan (which was also AMAZING!) The day of my wedding, I went to her salon for my make up & she... Read More made it so effortless. I didn't have to tell her how I wanted to look... She just knew! I got so many compliments on my make up & I still can't believe I looked that beautiful! I would recommend Ebony to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Carly B

I'm a Columbus bride who decided to go with Ebony and her Shear Hotness team based off of an outstanding referral from a friend. Boy, was I glad I did! Ebony and her team went above and beyond for my trial AND my wedding day. For my trial, Chelsie (make-up) and Carly (hair)... Read More drove to Columbus from Dayton for an 8 am appointment so that I could make it to my 11:00 shower on time. On their way, Chelsie got a flat tire! After offering to reschedule, the team insisted on keeping the appointment and still made it on time (I have no idea how). Example 1 of their commitment to their work. Unfortunately, Carly was unable to do my hair on my wedding day and I was re-assigned to a different hair stylist, Alyssia. Ebony was more than willing to let me have another trial with Alyssia on the house. I had been so happy with my first trial that I was nervous to do another but Alyssia did not disappoint and I was still just as excited to get done up again for the big day. Chelsie and Alyssia did mine and my 5 bridesmaids hair and makeup flawlessly. Several bridesmaids commented on how their work was the best they've ever had while being a bridesmaid. A coworker also said I had the prettiest bridesmaids she had ever seen! I am so thankful to Ebony, Chelsie and Alyssia for making me feel like Beyonce on my wedding day. I will be recommending them to any bride I come across <3

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Erin M

Book Ebony and her team! Seriously - right now! I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. Booking Ebony and Stephen was easily one of the best decisions I made for our Hindu wedding. My husband and I planned our Columbus wedding from the East Coast and... Read More took quite a few gambles on vendors- booking almost solely on recommendations from friends or vendors we used for our Christian wedding earlier in the summer. Lucky for me, my makeup artist for the first ceremony gave me Ebony's name. After a lot of email exchanges and phone calls, I arrived at my trial the Thursday before our wedding feeling a bit nervous since we were so close to the wedding day and I was struggling to find ideas for bridal makeup that would look good with my beautiful, vibrant wedding lehengas and still work with my very fair skin and freckles. Ebony understood exactly what I needed, and my makeup was absolutely perfect for both the wedding ceremony and the reception. Stephen also worked his magic and was able to make hair extensions work with my really short hair. It looked incredible, and I was able to surprise my mother-in-law with long hair. It was a privilege to spend a good portion of my day with them. They were relaxed, patient, and kind, and they worked so hard to make sure my girls and I were ready and looking amazing for the mid-morning ceremony. (Stephen even helped me put my shoes on!) I can't say enough how grateful I am to have worked with this amazing team on my wedding day. They made it so special- felt like I was hanging out with good friends. Why are you still reading this?! Go book them now! :)

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Victoria G

I cannot say enough good things about Shear Hotness! I found them on theknot.com and was first impressed with their professional website and incredible before and after pictures. Ebony and Chelsie came to me in Nashville for my hair and makeup trial, (even though they live in... Read More Ohio) which was incredibly convenient. I showed them pictures of what I wanted, and they delivered exactly that. It was obvious they knew what they were doing and they had a passion for it. I felt completely comfortable letting them be a part of our big day! I wanted a stress free Wedding day where all of my girls could be pampered and feel beautiful. I let them all choose their hair and makeup and thanks to Ebony, Chelsie, and Taylor it turned out beautifully. I felt they made everyone look and feel like the best versions of themselves. They took care of 7 bridesmaids, myself, my mom, and my flower girl, and I can honestly say everyone was pleased with the outcome! Not to mention they took care of everyone in a timely fashion and they were fun to hang out with all day! I highly recommend Shear Hotness for anyone looking for professional hair and makeup for a wedding or any other event! Thank you Ebony, Chelsie, and Taylor! These ladies are pros! Hire them!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Maggie M

I am very grateful that I chose Shear Hotness as my hair/makeup vendor for my wedding this August! Ebony and her team are professional, reliable, and they did an amazing job at my bridal portrait and wedding day. I couldn't have been happier and I would absolutely recommend... Read More them.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 ally w

Ebony Newcomb is an amazing owner and makes sure that each and every one of her customers have a unique and personalized experience. I had the pleasure of having Aubry Staker to do my bridal makeup and my bridesmaid makeup. She did an amazing job and I would recommend this... Read More business to anyone who is wanting flawless makeup work done. Wedding days can be stressful and with them, this is one less thing you have to worry about. No matter who you get, the work will be amazing.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Natalie H

HIRE HER. I have never felt so BEAUTIFUL in my life. Ebony is truly an artist and a professional at what she does. I did not have to worry one bit about my makeup because I knew Ebony does such incredible work, my skin has never glowed the way it did on my big day. I will... Read More recommend Shear Hotness and Ebony to every single bride I meet because every bride deserves to feel as beautiful and elegant as I did on my wedding day. SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS LADY. Book her.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

I don't even know where to start praising Ebony and her crew. They have been so accommodating and patient with us. Not only for me as a bridee but for my other 5 bridal party members. Ebony was nothing short of absolutely FANTASTIC. Her makeup work is IMPECCABLE and she... Read More transformed me into the most elegant and beautiful bride version of myself I could have ever imagined. She is incredibly talented and passionate about what she does and it definitely showed through her work. I can write a whole novel about all of the amazing things I have to say about Ebony and her team. Karlie J did a flawless job on our hair and worked so hard to accommodate each and every person. I highly recommend Shear Hotness and just when I thought there wasn't any professional makeup studio in the Dayton area that can give me that WOW factor, Ebony and her crew proved me wrong. I am so grateful to have found such a professional, determined, and perfect team like Shear Hotness to take care of us on my special day. Please continue to change lives and make a big impact on brides like you have done for me. I can't thank you and your team enough for making me feel like a million bucks and to make me feel genuinely beautiful and confident. I would give you guys a hundred star rating!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Katie M

Booking Shear Hotness was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding! I was a little hesitant to have someone I didn't know do my makeup for the big day, but after my trial run with Ebony, I knew I made the right choice. I received so many compliments and loved... Read More how the makeup looked in pictures. She did a wonderful job on my mother and sister too. Ebony was professional, reliable, and you can tell she loves what she does. I would highly recommend Shear Hotness for any bride. You won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Marjorie N

Ebony Newcomb, owner of Shear Hotness, was truly amazing. She did makeup for me and my maid of honor. I am a 62 year old bride; Ebony worked her magic, she somehow made me look years younger! Unbelievable!! She is very professional and flexible. We arrived at the venue 20... Read More minutes late for our appointment....she was understanding and professional about it. Thank you Ebony for flawless, top-notch service. You're the best!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016

On my wedding day, I felt like an absolute princess... My hair looked even better than I imagined it would, and I didn't have to worry about my hair getting loose or my hair getting ruined in the heat and wind. The whole staff was absolutely lovely, I felt comfortable and in... Read More good hands.. Thank you for making my special day so memorable! :)

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

i am so glad i chose shear hotness for my big day! they are the reason i did not worry a bit on my wedding day, I definitely recommend choosing shear hotness, you wont regret it.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Katelyn B

I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day and I owe that to Ebony at Shear Hotness! When I first got engaged I asked my hair stylist if she knew anyone who did airbrush makeup for weddings and without hesitation she told me to book with Ebony and Shear Hotness.... Read More After browsing the website and Facebook page, I knew they were the team for the job! I immediately reached out to Ebony and secured her and her team for our July wedding. A few weeks prior to the big day, my mom and I met Ebony for the first time at my makeup trial. Not only were we extremely impressed by the makeup (which was stunning!), but we were also pleased with how fun-loving, enthusiastic and professional Ebony is. On the day of the wedding Ebony and her glam squad arrived on time and were very quick to set up. We were on a tight timeline for the day but Ebony made sure we stayed on schedule. She and her team successfully completed 8 makeup applications and 9 hair styles in under 4 hours and we were off to pictures on time! My girls loved their hair and makeup and they looked beautiful. The makeup looked fabulous in person and in photos! Despite it being the hottest day of the year, my airbrush makeup lasted the entire day (more than 12 hours) and I only had to touch up my lip color one time. Ebony strives for excellence and she is willing to do whatever it takes to make your day perfect. I had one request – to make me and my girls look beautiful – and she definitely delivered! It is easy to see why Shear Hotness is the most sought after wedding hair and makeup team in the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus areas! Book with Shear Hotness today – you don’t want to miss out!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

A big thank you to Stephen for styling my hair for 2 days with multiple look for my Indian wedding. He was always on time and did an amazing job! He's very creative, fast, and pays great attention to detail! I sincerly loved all of my looks! He is extremely talented and a... Read More pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Tiffany S

So happy that I found ebony for my wedding day!!! She and her girls did an amazing job. I searched and searched for the perfect makeup artist for my wedding day....and just could never seem to find the right one. After searching the knot and looking at her photos, The pictures... Read More were exactly what I was looking for. I emailed her and within minutes ebony responded and we had talked a bit about how I just couldn't find what i was looking for in a makeup artist. I wanted a dramatic look and not to mention I can be extremely picky when it comes to hair and makeup! Ebony, with no hesitation made me feel comfortable of my choice with shear hotness. She is so sweet and any time I had a question or concern she answered me, no problem whatsoever. I had my makeup trial and loved what they had done! I had 11 girls getting makeup done on my wedding day and that alone would be just too much for me to handle but ebony and her makeup artist handled wonderfully!! Even when I wasn't completely satisfied or wanted a different look they didn't stop until it was exactly what I wanted!! Every single one of my bridesmaids looked stunningly beautiful for my wedding day and shear hotness was everything I could have ever asked for!! They really are amazing at what they do and I would absolutely recommend them to everyone! The makeup looked flawless and so did we :) thank you so much ebony for helping make my wedding day beautiful :)

Reviewed on 7/21/2016

I have been to Shear Hotness for numerous special events in my life. Whether it was attending a wedding (I have not been a bride, yet!), awards ceremony, or just a day to feel radiant I always left with a smile on my face and a demeanor displaying nothing but confidence. Ebony... Read More is professional, wonderful to be around, and experienced. From day one she has shown me nothing but a positive attitude and skillful decisions when it comes to my makeup. As someone with absolutely NO experience with makeup (I wear nothing but moisturizer on a day to day basis), Ebony was able to make me feel gorgeous without the feeling of wearing too much coverage. On all occasions she has delivered a seamless job. I never felt as though my makeup was thick, overbearing, or shadowing the natural look that I sought after. She is able to listen to her customer, make recommendations that a novice can understand, and explain what she is doing and why it has a purpose. I never felt confused or overwhelmed like I have in the past with other artists. She handled all of my questions in stride. While Ebony is extremely professional, she has a personality that makes you feel like you're with an old friend from the moment you walk in her door. Her studio has an amazing view and is in a great location with convenience to a Starbucks, smoothie shop, and stores. (This came in handy for my college graduation- Ebony showed up before her typical work hours in order to do my makeup at 7:00am. I needed coffee that morning, and when Ebony showed up I was on time with coffee in hand! It was a great convenience.) Ebony will go above and beyond in order to make her client happy. She embodies an example of a woman who works hard for all that she has. It is imminent through her professionalism and work quality that she has been in the industry for a long time. While I now live in North Carolina, I can say that I am the ONLY person that I know who has picked out a makeup artist before her own groom, wedding venue, or bridesmaids. Should I ever get married, I know that Ebony will be my artist of choice. Even if I have to find a way to fly her and her AMAZING team to NC, I know she is the businesswoman and artist who would make the job happen! She is someone that I would recommend to my family, closest friends, and coworkers with no hesitation. If you want to feel beautiful, this is the artist for you!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Ashley H

Ebony does an absolutely phenomenal job at doing makeup! She had done one of my friends makeup for her wedding, for the bride and all the bridesmaids and I loved it, I had to have it for my wedding., so I contacted her as soon as I could to make sure she saved my wedding date.... Read More I had Ebony do 9 girls makeup including me, the day of my wedding, plus brought her assistant to make sure everyone got their make up done. All my girls looked flawless, they all loved their makeup. I am still getting compliments on how my makeup was on my wedding day. She made sure everyone was happy with how they looked before she left. She did such a great job! Mind you she even came to my house on the Thursday before my wedding to do spray tans on all of us. Ebony's goal is to make you feel and look beautiful. She is full of joy and laughter and you can be your complete self with her! I would recommend Ebony & her Shear Hotness team to anyone who is interested in looking flawless on their wedding day or any special occasion they may have. Thanks Ebony, Shear Hotness for making my bridal party look spectacular! If I need to look hot I know who to call!