Flower Crowns, Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

2403 Nolan Ave NW, Walker, MI (616) 453-0024

Shelly is amazing!

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Geori S

I was referred to Shelly by my matron of honor and I am so glad I went! Shelly took my special day and took it to the next level! She heard everything I had to say and all of my ideas then created it, spectacularly! My bridal colors were bridesmaids in navy, guys in grey... Read More suits and then I wanted a soft splash of femininity with blush flowers. We created soft pink bouquets for the girls that were just spot on. She then created the blush hydrangeas for the centerpieces with navy and white ribbons around the square vases. They were simplistic and yet so beautiful. We got the bang for our buck with the flowers, there is no doubt about that. When we met with Shelly, she also heard my mother and I converse about other ideas we had. Shelly then asked, 'what about this' and 'what about this'? We then went on to rent a card box from her (you put your own pictures on the sides), pew bows and also a picture window that we used as a seating chart. She also recommended large floral arrangements for the alter which tons of guests were complimenting my mother on. Great, personal touches all from one vendor and so reasonably priced. When you meet Shelly you will know within minutes that she has been in the business for a long time and really knows the trade. You walk out feeling 100% confident in her. She and I had a great rapport together and would refer absolutely anyone to her. She knew what I was thinking almost before I did; and that makes planning your day that much greater an experience.

Wedding Florist Review

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Stephanie B

Shelly was wonderful to work with. I came to her with an idea that I wanted but I had no idea what flowers would work well together to complete my vision. I met with Shelly and she picked out the most beautiful bouquets! I received so many compliments on the flowers at the... Read More wedding. Each blossom and bloom looked perfect. Shelly's was very accommodating and professional.

Gorgeous, creative genius!

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Jessica G

Shelly is the best! When I met with Shelly the first time I did not have any idea what I wanted. After talking it through with Shelly I decided to go with a coral arrangement. I had never even considered this color for my wedding and it literally made my wedding! I am obsessed... Read More with the flowers she created and cannot wait to hang professional photos of the flowers in my house! Shelly was always helpful, listened to what I was saying and offered solutions, but didn't push too hard so I was able to make my own decisions. Shelly's whole operation was extremely professional and friendly. I definitely recommend Shelly.

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Patti R

Shelly did an absolutely wonderful job designing the bouquets, groomsmen's flowers, the church branches, and the reception centerpieces! She is friendly, responds quickly to your email questions, is creative, and is such a skilled designer. For her winter wedding, my daughter,... Read More the bride, wanted to do the initial steps of putting her centerpieces together, with Shelly providing the fresh flowers on the wedding day. Shelly worked with her to advise her, and recommend more workable solutions to make the results the best they could be! She even used her own time to re-do some of the initial work in order for it to come out perfectly. Shelly is a true artist, and a dream to work with. The reception landscape looked breathtaking!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Meena K

Shelly did an AMAZING job with my bouquets. They were more beautiful than I imagined they could possibly be! I just showed her a couple pictures and let her run with it and they turned out to be gorgeous - everyone at the wedding commented on how pretty they were. She is very... Read More kind and helpful and accommodating as well. I would recommend her to any bride, any day.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Emily R

My wedding flowers and centerpieces were GORGEOUS thanks to Shelly. At our first meeting, I briefly described what type of flowers I was looking for and Shelly pulled up a picture for me of a bouquet she thought I would like - it was perfect. She listed all of the flowers in the... Read More bouquet and made some adjustments due to do seasons. She has tons of rental items in her shop too so I was able to see everything and pick out exactly what I wanted for centerpieces. She itemized everything in an invoice so that we could see pricing. She was very professional. On my wedding day, I arrived at the church and saw the photographer outside taking a picture of my bouquet and I almost started crying... it was SO beautiful! I ran up and just couldn't stop staring at it! The bridesmaids bouquets were beautiful too. And when I walked in the sanctuary towards my groom and saw the huge floral displays I was so amazed. They were absolutely beautiful. Even better than I could have imagined. Lastly, when my groom and I were announced at our reception, I saw the centerpieces all set up for the first time and I just couldn't believe how beautiful it all looked. I am a visual person and I had a hard time imagining how everything would look, so seeing it all come together was so exciting. I was very pleased with Shelly's Designs, and I got many many complements on everything. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Ashley K

THANK YOU SHELLY!! You made my wedding and reception absolutely beautiful! It's almost been a week since my wedding and people are still emailing, texting and telling me how absolutely stunning our floral centerpieces and bouquets were. Working with you was so easy. You knew... Read More exactly what I wanted. I appreciate everything you did for our wedding day! THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Amanda M

Shelly was absolutely fantastic to work with for our wedding flowers! She has so much knowledge and after our first meeting we knew that we were in good hands. She also did a beautiful garland for our head table. On the day of the wedding I couldn't believe how beautiful the... Read More flowers and centerpieces were that she came up with! She took what I had in my head and completely blew it out of the water. To top it all off the flowers lasted beautifully for a week after the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Shanwa H

Shelly's bouquets were incredible. She was able to understand my vision and make it come alive. My flowers were so beautiful and fit perfectly. Her price is good too. I would highly recommend her to any bride looking for a beautiful bouquet.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Claire S

Shelly was recommended to me by my best friend; she and her two sisters had Shelly design flowers for their weddings and were so pleased. I loved Shelly from the first meeting; I felt like she really understood my style and my preferences so after showing her a few pictures of... Read More things I liked on pinterest she put her own spin on things and made my bouquets and arrangements one of a kind. She is also willing to work with any budget and you can rent vases and all sorts of things from her shop which is soooooo nice. She came to set up the day of; brought all of the supplies and then, for a small extra fee, came back the same night to pick everything up. Shelly truly is wonderful to work with and created the most beautiful flowers ever. Decorating is the worst part of the wedding day and she took care of everything. Highly recommend Shelly.

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Kaelee J

Shelly went above and beyond for our wedding! She was very flexible with our limited availability to meet and last minute changes to our order. Shelly was also extremely responsive to emails and always took the time to answer our questions. We told her our budget, and our vision... Read More and she made it happen! It was like she pulled a picture out of my head and delivered it to me in a bouquet! Our flowers were so beautiful and we got so many compliments on them. I would highly recommend Shelly!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Justine D

Beautiful bouquets! I live overseas, and Shelly's was the only vendor I could pay for online - super simple! She payed close attention to detail. I loved my flowers

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Peta Y

FABULOUS-GORGEOUS-STUNNING Shelley did a fabulous job! We were so blessed to find such a gift florist. Everything was just Beautiful, the bouquets, ceremony flowers and pew bows. The Centerpiece's were fantastic, everyone loved them. Really enjoyed working with Shelly, she was... Read More professional and listened to what I was looking for in my flowers. Worked very well with our budget, was very impressed with the outcome. Totally recommend Shelly's Designs Florist to all my friends and other future brides. She is great and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Rebeccah R

Shelly was awesome to work with! On our initial meeting, I brought of few pictures but basically just described the venue, my bridesmaid dresses, and my overall vision for the wedding. She was able to turn those thoughts and pictures in to exactly what I had imagined our wedding... Read More floral would look like. The ceremony decor she helped us with took my breath away when I walked in to the room, and the centerpieces and bouquets were stunning! She was so easy to work with, very responsive to e-mail, and created a very easy way for us to make payments. I would absolutely recommend Shelly to anyone looking for flowers in the GR area!

Beautiful & economical

Reviewed on 8/10/2015

Shelly is so great to work with!!! My flowers were incredible, I got tons of compliments! After our initial meeting, I was hooked, first of all she had a quote to me within 24 hours! Secondly, since she works out of her home, her prices are much better as she isn't upping the... Read More price to pay for her building. On average her quote was $500-1000 less than my other quotes. So you'd be worried about how the flowers looked?! They were absolutely beautiful. She worked with my budget & made it look like I didn't have a budget!!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Abbie V

Shelly did an amazing job on our wedding flowers. I told her my budget and she worked with me. Even with my budget being cheaper than average, My flowers still showed value and brought out my colors of the wedding. She showed her creativity which I loved. If you don't know the... Read More first thing about your flowers and what kinds you should put in your bouquet, Shelly will figure it out within minutes. Having her as a vendor who delivers, pick-ups, and has everything looking professional and amazing, made our day amazing.

Beautiful Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

As the mother of the Bride I would like to share our fantastic experience with Shelly's Designs Florist! We were referred to Shelly's Designs Florist by the University Club where the reception was held. We are new to the area so we had to depend on referrals. The day was... Read More beautiful! The flowers were just as we dreamed that they would look. Our first visit with Shelly was to meet her and to give her our vision. Shelly's designs is a home based business! You truly feel right at home:). She was really good about thinking of all our needs and asking us great questions that helped her build upon our vision! she keeps you in your budget with out taking away from your dreams. We then met with Shelly a second time to go over everything to see to it we were all set for the big day! December 27, 2014 was the most beautiful day and a big thanks goes out to Shelly for making it happen!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Melanie P

We found Shelly’s Designs online and really liked the arrangements that she put together. We also liked that she was an independent business owner. Because we live in Chicago but our wedding was in Grand Rapids, the majority of our communication was via email. Shelly was... Read More extremely responsive and timely and made this an easy process. We arranged a meeting with Shelly and she is great - extremely knowledgeable and friendly. She provided suggestions and really helped us narrow down what we wanted. We opted for real flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres and then fake flower arrangements for the front of the ceremony room, which we rented from Shelly. These arrangements looked great and were available at a fraction of the cost of a real, large floral arrangement. She also has a multitude of different items you can rent, including card vases/boxes, name card holders, candle holders, vases and numerous other items. Her prices are extremely reasonable as well. Shelly delivered everything on time and as expected and even came and picked up all of our rental items at the end of the night for a nominal fee. Our bouquets and arrangements were GORGEOUS and even better than discussed or expected. Many of our guests commented on how wonderful the flowers were. My only regret was that I had to leave for my honeymoon two days after the wedding so I didn’t have the opportunity to enjoy my bouquet after the fact! If I ever need floral arrangements again, I would definitely contact Shelly and would recommend her to any of my friends and family!

Florist

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Tessa P

We used her for our centerpieces and wedding party flowers. She was easy to work with and was very good about trying to help us stay within a budget. Our flowers were beautiful! She did great!

Best in the Business!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Jen Z

Shelly is a seasoned veteran in the wedding world. She truly helped me shaped the vision I had of my wedding, after I had only selected my venues and dress. While our first meeting did take some time to work through all the detail, I was very at ease when we were done. From... Read More helping her own daughter out with her wedding, it is truly visible how Shelly works well with a young bride. She was the guiding force behind idea, but I never felt led astray or pushed towards one idea over another. Then the day of, she was phenomenal. The church was ready to go when we arrived after the salon. My matron of ceremonies had no issues gaining contact with Shelly and her timeliness was refreshing on such a time crunch day as a wedding can be. I would recommend anyone getting married and seeking a florist who is willing to go the distance, to get Shelly. She was not only the florist for our wedding. We rented table numbers, a cake stand, cocktail table toppers, candles, and a few tall candelabras to place flowers and candles on. She eliminated the need to go through any other decorating or wedding planning groups. I would like to also note that the church and ballroom spaces we used were extremely happy to know we were working with Shelly. While working with all our pinterest items here and there, she is still able to maintain great professional relationships with people that are known to be strict and critical of a bride’s choice. Shelly can make a bride so confident in her vision and is worth every penny and then some. Whereas some of the larger florists/decorating companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area were quoting me at one and a half times the budget I presented, Shelly kept us under our budget and allowed us to truly wow our guests.

Beautiful Work!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Tami B

Shelly is so talented at what she does! I met with her a few times to go over our ideas for flowers. From our meetings, she was able to make my vision a reality! Our bouquets and boutonnieres were so vibrant and classy. The centerpieces pulled everything together. The best thing... Read More about Shelly is that she is way more than a florist! She was always so upbeat and offered advice when it came to planning! I really enjoyed working with her!

Beautiful Flowers!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Charlotte W

Shelly knows her stuff. Her shop is in her basement, so you know she spends a lot of time down there. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous. She was a little testy when we had to cancel part of our order to save some money, but the flowers still looked amazing. Not the... Read More cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Very happy with our flowers from Shelly

Brought my vision to life...

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Julianne D

Shelly was amazing at working with my vision and under my budget. She offered some wonderful ideas and was very respectful of my specific opinions and ideas as well. Would recommend to anyone...

Loved Shelly!

Reviewed on 8/15/2014 Mandi B

Shelly did a beautiful job for our wedding!!! My bouquet was stunning and she really brought my vague ideas to life!!! I love it that she provided a lot of direction as I didn't have a lot of specific requests other than a few photos!!! She is enthusiastic and a pleasure to... Read More work with!! She's very prompt with emails and flexible with changes!!! We received many compliments on our beautiful but simple (our choice) reception!! Thank you Shelly!!!

fantastic florist

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Sara T

I would highly recommend her! My flowers were stunning and she was great to work with!