Sheraton Gunter Hotel

San Antonio, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Sheraton Gunter Hotel

A BALLROOM IN SAN ANTONIO, TX

Located in downtown San Antonio, Texas, just steps away from the beautiful and famous Paseo del Rio river walk, the Sheraton Gunter Hotel blends the ageless beauty of early 20th-century decor with modern luxuries and amenities.

Founded in 1909, the historic hotel offers a place where couples can create lifetime memories with friends and family on their wedding day. From banquet rooms to ballrooms, Sheraton Gunter Hotel has several different places you can choose from to celebrate your ceremony and reception. You can use any of these spaces for your ceremony or reception. However, if you use the same room for both, the staff needs an hour to turn the ceremony space around for the reception.

Robert Johnson Rooms. The Robert Johnson area on the first floor of the hotel has two rooms you can utilize for your ceremony and reception. Together, both rooms can fit up to 200 people. This room is a cozy, welcoming space with plush red carpet and a stage in the back of the room. It has a lot of lighting and plenty of space for a dance floor.

Crystal Ballroom and Terrace. This open, airy room can accommodate up to 240 people. It has plenty of warm lighting with its romantic chandeliers and sconces. High ceilings and the neutral color on the walls expand the space, and there is also plenty of room for a dance floor. If you add on the terrace and terrace rooms to the Crystal Ballroom, you can fit up 600 guests. You also get access to the lovely terrace that features a piano and plenty of windows that look out onto the downtown area of San Antonio.

Bluebonnet and Magnolia Rooms. The Bluebonnet and Magnolia rooms are two more large spaces able to accommodate 200 people altogether. These spaces have carpet and French doors that lead out into a hallway that looks out onto the downtown area. A large chandelier is the main feature of this room as it hangs over the dance floor. Recessed lighting also provides a romantic ambiance to the room.

Sheraton Gunter Hotel wants to do as much as possible to make your wedding day memorable. All their packages include tables, chairs, table ivory or white table linens, china, silverware, glassware and candle centerpieces. You also get a dance floor and cake cutting service when you book at Sheraton Gunter Hotel.

Wedding packages come with a complimentary night's stay at the hotel and chocolate-covered strawberries with champagne. You'll also get a free night's stay on your first anniversary with breakfast in bed. Sheraton Gunter Hotel will also take care of all your catering needs. You can choose between a plated menu or a buffet. With both options, you get a choice between three hors d'oeuvres, a starter, rolls and butter, iced tea, coffee and other assorted teas.

If you'd rather have a group of dinner stations, you need to book four stations to replace having a buffet or plated dinner. Their dinner stations include a pasta bar, a macaroni and cheese bar, a mashed potato bar, inside round of beef, herb-roasted turkey, pork loin and New York strip steak au poivres. A menu tasting for up to four people prior to the event is available. Sheraton Gunter Hotel offers inclusive bar packages and the option of a cash bar. When you book your wedding with the hotel, you also get an award-winning event planner to help you organize your wedding and assist with the details.

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel offers special rewards when you book with them. Some of the special offers include:

• Special reward points you can use toward your honeymoon
  • The ability to earn up to 100,000 reward points
  • Special rates for overnight and out-of-town guests for your wedding

Forever is invited.

With the Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio you'll have room for up to 450 people to toast, cheer and share your day. Built in 1909, the building and its decor combine the ageless grace of the 1900s with today's amenities to create a beautiful backdrop for your wedding.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

205 East Houston Street, San Antonio, TX (210) 554-1740

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Heather W

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel was absolutely amazing. Not only was the location beautiful but the food was fabulous, and the service was absolutely wonderful. They exceeded every expectation we had. Tina was beyond incredible coordinating everything so my husband and I were able to... Read More enjoy the day and when we had a vendor crisis with our DJ being MIA over an hour after the time that he was supposed to be there Tina took the initiative and found us a back up option just in case taking on the stress to herself not allowing it to affect us. She told us in the beginning of this process that we would not want to let her go after this was all over and she is absolutely right. I can not say enough good things honestly. I could not imagine it any better. Thanks to Tina and the Sheraton Gunter Hotel our wedding day was truly magical!!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Salimah P

What an incredible venue! I can't say enough great things about our experience with The Sheraton Gunter Hotel! My husband and I had to move our wedding back to San Antonio 3 months before our big day and we were so lucky that Sheraton Gunter had an opening for our Sangeet Party!... Read More Tina Gonzales was incredibly sweet and helpful. She was quick to respond and very efficient with every site visit. She even gave us some great suggestions to ensure the success of our night. Tina and her staff were very invested in our happiness and really strived for perfection with everything they did. From dinner to dancing, the entire night was incredible! Thank you Tina and staff for making everything perfect for us! We love you!

2017-10-18T15:45:18 Response from the vendor

. Thank you for leaving such kind words

Reviewed on 3/27/2017

Choosing a reception venue is never easy, however, we booked the Sheraton- Gunter about a year before our wedding. Tina really got to know us as a couple. She kept us in the loop, let us make the final decisions, while providing good advice on her experience with weddings.... Read More The day of the wedding she put us before anyone else, and made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. We absolutely appreciate everything she did for us! We would also like to recognize the entire Sheraton-Gunter staff as they were professional, helpful, friendly, and made us feel very welcome! They all helped make our day the most memorable, and best day of our lives! Amanda and Joey DiMartino

2017-10-18T15:46:11 Response from the vendor

thank you for the kinds words. it was an honor to work with you Too!

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Haley B

The Sheraton Gunter is breathtaking and tailored exactly to my wedding needs. It is also in such an ideal location for out of town guests and parking. I could not be more satisfied with the exceptional service I received and continue to receive from Tina G. and her team. They've... Read More seen us through every step of the way. Most importantly, Tina made my finance and I feel as if we were the only couple celebrating at the Sheraton this year. Such a professional and experienced team - cannot say enough!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Suzanne M

Our wedding on 10/21/17 was absolutely beautiful! From the moment I spoke to the wedding coordinator, Tina Gonzalez, she was able to ease many of our concerns and helped make our special day. Tina is knowledgeable of the vendors in town which helped us feel comfortable. She kept... Read More a helpful timeline for me to make sure all our planning would be ready in time. The wait staff that evening was awesome and on point. Our guests complimented on the delicious food and the service. That night my husband and I were treated like family. We were so happy to know that Tina had successfully helped make our evening worry free as she worked with our vendors coordinating with them so we didn't have to that night. The hotel is amazing filled with character and in the heart of downtown. Our guests enjoyed themselves as did our wedding party. What a great evening!!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Babett M

The Sheraton Gunter was the perfect venue for our wedding. It was everything I wanted and more. The ballroom was the perfect size and I loved having the terrace for the cocktail hour. The food was delicious, and the service was great. The best part was our coordinator Tina... Read More Gonzalez. I could not have done it without her. She was always quick to reply and a great source of knowledge of other vendors in the area. She definitely helped to make our weekend so enjoyable and stress free!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Chris L

Such an amazing and wonderful venue. Staff treats you and your guests with 5 star service, as well as relieve any stress or worry you may have. Our guests could not give us enough compliments on how fabulous the food, venue, and service was. I cannot say enough wonderful... Read More things about the Sheraton Gunter, thank you all so much for making our day that much more special!

2017-11-01T10:30:28 Response from the vendor

thank you for your kind words c, it was an absolute pleasure to work with and your amazing wife.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 j g

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel is the perfect setting for your special day. The entire staff goes out of their way to give you and your guests the VIP treatment. By the time we left, we felt like family. I could not say enough kind words about Tina Gonzalez, the onsite wedding... Read More specialist. She was absolutely amazing from start to finish. She loves what she does and it's quite evident. The ballroom is beautiful! Our guests enjoyed a delicious dinner prepared by Chef Jennifer and her team. We really wanted our guests to be well taken care of and they certainly were. The Gunter hotel is now our home away from home. We wouldn't think about staying anywhere else when in the area. I wish we could relive this experience over and ove

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jessica G

Tina is amazing! Our wedding is 2/11/2017 and just starting planning so we are rushing a bit to find everything we need and Tina has been so much help! I did not need to find a wedding planner cause Tina helped me with pretty much anything I needed! Not to mention the hotel its... Read More self is very beautiful and historic and modern!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 b w

Tina and the whole Sheraton Gunter family was absolutely amazing. My now wife and I had a blast and are still hearing about the fun everyone had. Our wedding was at the end of April. Tina was there every step of the way. During the wedding, Tina, the food staff, and the wait... Read More staff killed it. They were 100% on point. We highly recommend this location and staff for everyone we meet who is planning an event. Thank you all so much for all the work you did to make our special day amazing.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Lauren S

We had our wedding here just after Valentine's day. I can honestly say that if something didn't go according to plan, I NEVER knew about it! My husband and I are very excited to share our one year anniversary with the hotel again! From the wedding team to the wait staff,... Read More everyone was AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Jimena D

Overall AMAZING, Tina is the absolute best she made sure everything was taken care of, and everyone at the hotel treated us lovely! Would highly recommend this venue to all brides and grooms!

2017-10-18T15:48:13 Response from the vendor

thank you so much! it was a pleasure working with you too!

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Rebecca M

I saw great reviews about the Gunter and was I interested in setting up an appointment to view the ballroom and ask questions. I sent an email on 5/4 to Tina. When I didn't get a response I called the following day (5/5). Still no response. Next day (5/6) I left a voice mail... Read More for the sales manager as well, since we were hoping to view it that weekend. I received no call back. I didn't get an email response back until 5/9. All the other venues I had been interested in called or emailed me within 48 hours. I was a little concerned with their slow timing, however I convinced my self it was okay. We finally made an appointment for 5/13 at 4:30. We arrived a little early to the Gunter and asked the front desk for Tina. The boy at the front desk pointed us to some chairs and asked us to wait for her. 10 minutes past from our appointment time we see Tina with some other guests. She's obviously running late. So we waited as we figure she'd be wrapping things up. 10 more minutes later and Tina leaves the couple and walks to the sales manager who points in our direction. Instead of walking over and apologizing for the wait she ignores us completely. Finally 30 minutes after our appointment time the sales manager comes over and says she can show us the ballroom while we wait for Tina. We view the ballroom and have questions which she can't answer (not her fault she's not the wedding specialist) so she messages Tina to find out how much longer she'll be. No surprise, Tina doesn't answer her. So we go back down to the lobby and wait, it's almost an hour past our appointment time. Still she's with the previous couple and makes no acknowledgement to us. It takes five seconds to pull away and just let us know she'll be with us or she's sorry for the wait. Instead she chose to ignore us and completely miss our appointment. That's bad customer service. I wouldn't risk the potential of having the same treatment as we are planning the wedding or on our big day. Needless to say we are no longer interested in the Gunter. Update: Tina reached out after the situation to reschedule and apologize. While we did not reschedule we appreciated the gesture.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Rosemary O

It was an overall great experience with courteous staff, beautiful setting and great price with all that it offers. We are glad with the decision we made to go with Sheraton. We'll recommend and choose Sheraton again!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Julie G

If I could relive this day over and over I would. My now husband and I could not have picked a more perfect venue. From our first meeting with the amazing Tina Gonzalez, the onsite wedding specialist, we knew we had found the reception site. Tina goes above and beyond her job.... Read More She shows a true passion for helping her brides have the most memorable experience. If I needed Tina to help calm me down about something, she was there for me. I never felt like a burden. The entire staff at the Gunter hotel is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. They greet you with a smile and genuinely care about your needs. My guests could not stop talking about the delicious food prepared by Chef Jennifer. When you have multiple instagram posts about the mash potato bar, you know the food was a hit! I wanted my guests to be taken care of and they definitely were. My husband and I feel like we were treated like family. There is absolutely no other place we would ever stay when visiting downtown San Antonio. We can't wait to stay there again on our first anniversary celebration. The Sheraton Gunter Hotel is the perfect setting for the most special day of your life.

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Lori C

We had our wedding October 2015 and I couldn't believe how amazing everything went! We had been looking for a venue for both ceremony and reception, and the Gunter hotel was absolutely perfect! We worked with Tina Gonzales and she was truly amazing. Every question was answered,... Read More not one email was ignored. She made sure all my worries were taken care of. The day of the wedding i just couldn't believe how AMAZING she was!! She took care of the details every bride worries about. It rained, streets were flooded, some changes had to be made on the day of but she made sure everything was fixed and taken care of. And it was perfect! Tina and Mustafa made sure my husband and I were taken good care of all night. From drinks to dinner to the cake! The Hotel alone is a beautiful place. It's gorgeous! A beautiful place with amazing staff! Can't get any better

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Meagan M

We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the Gunter and we couldn't be happier. Tina Gonzales came in after we had signed our contract with the original wedding coordinator, and she was above and beyond what we could of asked for. She helped make our day perfect,... Read More and most of all, handled my momzilla! The ceremony room was perfect for our 130 guest wedding. The cocktail hour fit perfectly in the glass room that overlooks E Houston street. The reception was so pretty, and we used mainly the hotel decorations. The uplighting made the reception that must more inviting. Having it all in one spot allowed people to stay the whole time, out of town family to go to their rooms and come back as they pleased, and older guest to exit to their rooms without having to leave too early to drive back home. Thank you for everything!

Highly Satisfied Newlyweds

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Priscilla P

When my husband and I first started to look at reception venues we weren't going to look at hotels however we are so happy and pleased that we did. Aside from the fact that the Gunter Sheraton Hotel is absolutely gorgeous, we received exceptional service from Tina, Mustafa and... Read More the rest of the hotel staff. The day of the wedding we did not have to worry about anything because Tina took excellent care of us. We had our (180 person) reception, cocktail hour, and rehearsal dinner there and we are extremely satisfied with the quality of food and service we received. Since we got married on a week day we were able to take advantage of the many beautiful spots the hotel has to offer. Our cocktail hour was on the terrace over looking the Majestic Theatre and our reception was in the Crystal Ballroom. Everything went on as planned and everyone that we worked with at the hotel was extremely helpful and accommodating. We are beyond happy that our special day could take place in such a beautiful and historical place in San Antonio. Tina, Mustafa and the Gunter Sheraton staff made our day that much more special and we are so glad that we did go with them for our Wedding day venue.

Wedding weekend was astounding!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Lina G

Hello, I held my wedding ceremony and other wedding related events at the Sheraton Gunter in November 2014. I was very pleased with the service that the events coordinator (Ms. S. Seaborn) and her staff provided. Our guests were very happy with their rooms in the hotel as well... Read More as the venues for the ceremony and reception. The staff was courteous and helpful with our various requests pre-wedding and during the weekend. I would recommend this venue to others for its excellent service and its close proximity to the San Antonio Riverwalk.

2015-04-21T14:24:47 Response from the vendor

It was a blast being a part of your day. Thank you for choosing us.

Absolutely Gorgeous Venue

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Nadia G

My wedding was held at the Gunter on 11/08/14 and it was amazing, fun, and beautiful. They took care of everything, from the tables with linens to the food, I didn't have a care in the world when it came to the dinner or party, from day one we fell in love with Stacy, our onsite... Read More coordinator, she has excellent customer service, listens to your needs and shares awesome ideas with you. While planning our event and even days before the wedding Stacy would reply back within an hour whenever I emailed her and was always so nice if we needed to make a change. The Gunter is beautiful, very nice scenery, great food and great location, the whole staff on the night of the wedding provided excellent customer service. It is a historic hotel with modern updates and all the rooms reserved for us were booked, everyone enjoyed their stay just as much as we did. We had a blast, if I can relive that night I would, it was so beautiful, we received so many compliments of how gorgeous everything was. I chose this place because it's a beautiful hotel, located in downtown, offered great wedding packages, and then when meeting Stacy we knew we made a great choice. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a classic San Antonio wedding in the heart of downtown.

2015-04-21T14:25:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Nadia, We enjoyed having you here at the Sheraton Gunter.

Wonderful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Norma W

My daughter had her wedding reception at the Sheraton Gunter and we could not have been happier with her venue selection. Stacy Seaborn coordinated the event and her vendor recommendations were excellent. She took care of every detail and was extremely professional and... Read More trustworthy. Our guests were happy with the location of the Gunter and its proximity to historic San Antonio. We would highly recommend this venue for a truly memorable evening.

2015-04-21T14:25:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you Norma. It was a pleasure getting to know you and your family.

So beautiful, Stacy was awesome!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Joshua D

Stacy took great care of us all the way through. She is very attentive and makes sure that you are treated like royalty on your big day. Futhermore, the Sheraton is such a beautiful hotel. We received many great compliments.

2015-04-21T14:26:10 Response from the vendor

What a great day. Thank you Jessica.

Trustworthy and Professional!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Christina W

Other venues may match the Sheraton Gunter in beauty, but no other venues offer a person like Stacy Seaborn who you can trust to guarantee a perfect wedding day. She has been in the wedding business for many years and really knows every aspect of it. And it's not just Stacy--all... Read More the people I had the pleasure of working with while planning a wedding at the Sheraton were professional and extremely helpful. In addition to the great people, the venue was PERFECT. It included everything, which really saved us money and time, and looked classy. Linens, chairs and tables, centerpieces, lighting, clean up, food and drink, bar, and more were all provided to us through the Sheraton Gunter! These are all things that other venues place on the bride and groom to coordinate. At the Sheraton Gunter, they provided these services and simply ask us to choose what we wanted! My favorite service was clean up--something you don't realize how nice it is until the night is over and no one feels like cleaning and packing everything up. Also, when the reception was over, many of my guests commented on how nice it was to simply take an elevator to their room and go to bed. And for our friends who wanted to go out, they had all of downtown San Antonio with no driving involved!

2015-04-21T14:26:43 Response from the vendor

Wow, I am blown away by such a wonderful review. Thank you,