Sheraton Gunter Hotel

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in downtown San Antonio, Texas, just steps away from the beautiful and famous Paseo del Rio river walk, the Sheraton Gunter Hotel blends the ageless beauty of early 20th-century decor with modern luxuries and amenities.

Founded in 1909, the historic hotel offers a place where couples can create lifetime memories with friends and family on their wedding day. From banquet rooms to ballrooms, Sheraton Gunter Hotel has several different places you can choose from to celebrate your ceremony and reception. You can use any of these spaces for your ceremony or reception. However, if you use the same room for both, the staff needs an hour to turn the ceremony space around for the reception.

Robert Johnson Rooms. The Robert Johnson area on the first floor of the hotel has two rooms you can utilize for your ceremony and reception. Together, both rooms can fit up to 200 people. This room is a cozy, welcoming space with plush red carpet and a stage in the back of the room. It has a lot of lighting and plenty of space for a dance floor.

Crystal Ballroom and Terrace. This open, airy room can accommodate up to 240 people. It has plenty of warm lighting with its romantic chandeliers and sconces. High ceilings and the neutral color on the walls expand the space, and there is also plenty of room for a dance floor. If you add on the terrace and terrace rooms to the Crystal Ballroom, you can fit up 600 guests. You also get access to the lovely terrace that features a piano and plenty of windows that look out onto the downtown area of San Antonio.

Bluebonnet and Magnolia Rooms. The Bluebonnet and Magnolia rooms are two more large spaces able to accommodate 200 people altogether. These spaces have carpet and French doors that lead out into a hallway that looks out onto the downtown area. A large chandelier is the main feature of this room as it hangs over the dance floor. Recessed lighting also provides a romantic ambiance to the room.

Sheraton Gunter Hotel wants to do as much as possible to make your wedding day memorable. All their packages include tables, chairs, table ivory or white table linens, china, silverware, glassware and candle centerpieces. You also get a dance floor and cake cutting service when you book at Sheraton Gunter Hotel.

Wedding packages come with a complimentary night's stay at the hotel and chocolate-covered strawberries with champagne. You'll also get a free night's stay on your first anniversary with breakfast in bed. Sheraton Gunter Hotel will also take care of all your catering needs. You can choose between a plated menu or a buffet. With both options, you get a choice between three hors d'oeuvres, a starter, rolls and butter, iced tea, coffee and other assorted teas.

If you'd rather have a group of dinner stations, you need to book four stations to replace having a buffet or plated dinner. Their dinner stations include a pasta bar, a macaroni and cheese bar, a mashed potato bar, inside round of beef, herb-roasted turkey, pork loin and New York strip steak au poivres. A menu tasting for up to four people prior to the event is available. Sheraton Gunter Hotel offers inclusive bar packages and the option of a cash bar. When you book your wedding with the hotel, you also get an award-winning event planner to help you organize your wedding and assist with the details.

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel offers special rewards when you book with them. Some of the special offers include:

• Special reward points you can use toward your honeymoon
  • The ability to earn up to 100,000 reward points
  • Special rates for overnight and out-of-town guests for your wedding

Forever is invited.

With the Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio you'll have room for up to 450 people to toast, cheer and share your day. Built in 1909, the building and its decor combine the ageless grace of the 1900s with today's amenities to create a beautiful backdrop for your wedding.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

205 East Houston Street, San Antonio, TX (210) 554-1740

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Julie G

If I could relive this day over and over I would. My now husband and I could not have picked a more perfect venue. From our first meeting with the amazing Tina Gonzalez, the onsite wedding specialist, we knew we had found the reception site. Tina goes above and beyond her job.... Read More She shows a true passion for helping her brides have the most memorable experience. If I needed Tina to help calm me down about something, she was there for me. I never felt like a burden. The entire staff at the Gunter hotel is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. They greet you with a smile and genuinely care about your needs. My guests could not stop talking about the delicious food prepared by Chef Jennifer. When you have multiple instagram posts about the mash potato bar, you know the food was a hit! I wanted my guests to be taken care of and they definitely were. My husband and I feel like we were treated like family. There is absolutely no other place we would ever stay when visiting downtown San Antonio. We can't wait to stay there again on our first anniversary celebration. The Sheraton Gunter Hotel is the perfect setting for the most special day of your life.

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Lori C

We had our wedding October 2015 and I couldn't believe how amazing everything went! We had been looking for a venue for both ceremony and reception, and the Gunter hotel was absolutely perfect! We worked with Tina Gonzales and she was truly amazing. Every question was answered,... Read More not one email was ignored. She made sure all my worries were taken care of. The day of the wedding i just couldn't believe how AMAZING she was!! She took care of the details every bride worries about. It rained, streets were flooded, some changes had to be made on the day of but she made sure everything was fixed and taken care of. And it was perfect! Tina and Mustafa made sure my husband and I were taken good care of all night. From drinks to dinner to the cake! The Hotel alone is a beautiful place. It's gorgeous! A beautiful place with amazing staff! Can't get any better

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Rosemary O

It was an overall great experience with courteous staff, beautiful setting and great price with all that it offers. We are glad with the decision we made to go with Sheraton. We'll recommend and choose Sheraton again!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Meagan M

We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the Gunter and we couldn't be happier. Tina Gonzales came in after we had signed our contract with the original wedding coordinator, and she was above and beyond what we could of asked for. She helped make our day perfect,... Read More and most of all, handled my momzilla! The ceremony room was perfect for our 130 guest wedding. The cocktail hour fit perfectly in the glass room that overlooks E Houston street. The reception was so pretty, and we used mainly the hotel decorations. The uplighting made the reception that must more inviting. Having it all in one spot allowed people to stay the whole time, out of town family to go to their rooms and come back as they pleased, and older guest to exit to their rooms without having to leave too early to drive back home. Thank you for everything!

Highly Satisfied Newlyweds

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Priscilla P

When my husband and I first started to look at reception venues we weren't going to look at hotels however we are so happy and pleased that we did. Aside from the fact that the Gunter Sheraton Hotel is absolutely gorgeous, we received exceptional service from Tina, Mustafa and... Read More the rest of the hotel staff. The day of the wedding we did not have to worry about anything because Tina took excellent care of us. We had our (180 person) reception, cocktail hour, and rehearsal dinner there and we are extremely satisfied with the quality of food and service we received. Since we got married on a week day we were able to take advantage of the many beautiful spots the hotel has to offer. Our cocktail hour was on the terrace over looking the Majestic Theatre and our reception was in the Crystal Ballroom. Everything went on as planned and everyone that we worked with at the hotel was extremely helpful and accommodating. We are beyond happy that our special day could take place in such a beautiful and historical place in San Antonio. Tina, Mustafa and the Gunter Sheraton staff made our day that much more special and we are so glad that we did go with them for our Wedding day venue.

Wedding weekend was astounding!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Lina G

Hello, I held my wedding ceremony and other wedding related events at the Sheraton Gunter in November 2014. I was very pleased with the service that the events coordinator (Ms. S. Seaborn) and her staff provided. Our guests were very happy with their rooms in the hotel as well... Read More as the venues for the ceremony and reception. The staff was courteous and helpful with our various requests pre-wedding and during the weekend. I would recommend this venue to others for its excellent service and its close proximity to the San Antonio Riverwalk.

2015-04-21T14:24:47 Response from the vendor

It was a blast being a part of your day. Thank you for choosing us.

Absolutely Gorgeous Venue

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Nadia G

My wedding was held at the Gunter on 11/08/14 and it was amazing, fun, and beautiful. They took care of everything, from the tables with linens to the food, I didn't have a care in the world when it came to the dinner or party, from day one we fell in love with Stacy, our onsite... Read More coordinator, she has excellent customer service, listens to your needs and shares awesome ideas with you. While planning our event and even days before the wedding Stacy would reply back within an hour whenever I emailed her and was always so nice if we needed to make a change. The Gunter is beautiful, very nice scenery, great food and great location, the whole staff on the night of the wedding provided excellent customer service. It is a historic hotel with modern updates and all the rooms reserved for us were booked, everyone enjoyed their stay just as much as we did. We had a blast, if I can relive that night I would, it was so beautiful, we received so many compliments of how gorgeous everything was. I chose this place because it's a beautiful hotel, located in downtown, offered great wedding packages, and then when meeting Stacy we knew we made a great choice. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a classic San Antonio wedding in the heart of downtown.

2015-04-21T14:25:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Nadia, We enjoyed having you here at the Sheraton Gunter.

Wonderful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Norma W

My daughter had her wedding reception at the Sheraton Gunter and we could not have been happier with her venue selection. Stacy Seaborn coordinated the event and her vendor recommendations were excellent. She took care of every detail and was extremely professional and... Read More trustworthy. Our guests were happy with the location of the Gunter and its proximity to historic San Antonio. We would highly recommend this venue for a truly memorable evening.

2015-04-21T14:25:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you Norma. It was a pleasure getting to know you and your family.

So beautiful, Stacy was awesome!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Joshua D

Stacy took great care of us all the way through. She is very attentive and makes sure that you are treated like royalty on your big day. Futhermore, the Sheraton is such a beautiful hotel. We received many great compliments.

2015-04-21T14:26:10 Response from the vendor

What a great day. Thank you Jessica.

Trustworthy and Professional!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Christina W

Other venues may match the Sheraton Gunter in beauty, but no other venues offer a person like Stacy Seaborn who you can trust to guarantee a perfect wedding day. She has been in the wedding business for many years and really knows every aspect of it. And it's not just Stacy--all... Read More the people I had the pleasure of working with while planning a wedding at the Sheraton were professional and extremely helpful. In addition to the great people, the venue was PERFECT. It included everything, which really saved us money and time, and looked classy. Linens, chairs and tables, centerpieces, lighting, clean up, food and drink, bar, and more were all provided to us through the Sheraton Gunter! These are all things that other venues place on the bride and groom to coordinate. At the Sheraton Gunter, they provided these services and simply ask us to choose what we wanted! My favorite service was clean up--something you don't realize how nice it is until the night is over and no one feels like cleaning and packing everything up. Also, when the reception was over, many of my guests commented on how nice it was to simply take an elevator to their room and go to bed. And for our friends who wanted to go out, they had all of downtown San Antonio with no driving involved!

2015-04-21T14:26:43 Response from the vendor

Wow, I am blown away by such a wonderful review. Thank you,

STACY IS AWESOME

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 kristel g

STACY MADE IT VERY EASY TO PLAN A WEDDING FROM OUT OF TOWN. NOT ONLY WAS THE FOOD AWESOME AND THE HOTEL BEAUTIFUL STACY WAS VERY KEEPFUL AND KEEP EVERYTHING RUNNING SMOOTHLY. SHE ALSO HAD GREAT ADVISE ON LOCAL FLORIST, PHOTOGRAPHERS, AND OH YEAH THE CAKE. NO NEED TO HIRE A... Read More WEDDING PLANNER YOU GOT ONE WITH STACY. OUR WEDDING WAS AWESOME WE HAD SO MUCH FUN.K&D TATE 2014

2015-04-21T14:27:20 Response from the vendor

K&D thank you, I appreciate the review.

Fabulous Fall Wedding at the Gunter Hotel!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Katherine S

We loved having our event at the Sheraton Gunter Hotel! Stacy Seaborn was an awesome director who over sought our needs. She was very accomodating, friendly, and easy to work with, especially while planning a wedding from out of town. She worked hand in hand with us and our... Read More wedding coordinator. We truly admired the recent rennovations the Gunter Hotel underwent in the winter. It gave this historic hotel an extraordinary, luminous glow from every angle! It also helped because we had our first look session on the second floor after getting ready in the conference/ready rooms in the third floor. My husband and I would highly recommend other couples to have their wedding reception at this venue! Stacy and her staff were always accomodating and good at recommending/offering vendors as well. They had two different rooms depending on the amount of people, we went with the Bluebonnet/Magnolia rooms with the glass covered terrace and it was perfect for our cocktail hour as well as the reception in the rooms. Its always the little things that make the biggest differences... We are looking forward to pictures of our magical day! Thank you Stacy and the Sheraton Gunter Hotel! Oh and take advantage of their spg points through their American Express credit card. It helped pay for half of our honeymoon stays in Italy!

2015-04-21T14:27:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for all the wonderful words.

Wonderful Staff

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Ashlie M

My husband and I had our wedding here in October 2014. We were very happy with the way everything turned out. From the wonderful service to the food and the ballroom, everything went perfectly. Stacy Seaborn, the catering manager, was extremely attentive and made sure I didn't... Read More worry about anything the day of the wedding. If you're looking for a classy hotel with excellent customer service, have your event at the Sheraton Gunter Hotel in SA.

2015-04-21T14:28:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ashlie, I appreciate your wonderful comments.

Perfect Wedding at the Sheraton

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Caroline T

Stacy Seaborn was our coordinator for the Sheraton and helped so much with pre-planning and helped run the show during the reception.She did an amazing job with keeping everything cal, making sure I didn't worry about small issues she ran into. The ballroom itself was exactly... Read More what I wanted. I even asked her to make a different napkin design than they usually do and she did it no problem. My husband also wanted a private dinner with just the two of us and she made it happen, even though they really don't do that. The head of catering was also great. He stayed all night and made sure that we had everything we needed. At the beginning of the evening he came up to my husband, my dad, mom and me and got our drink orders before the reception started. The whole evening was seamless and exactly what I wanted. Since my husband and I ate separately we had different food than the guests. So the next day I asked everyone what they thought of the food. They said it was so good they wanted to keep eating. The only issue I heard from my guests after the fact is that anytime they would get up from the table to dance their food and drinks were cleared. So they had to go back to the bar and get another drink. But truly this was a great spot to have a Riverwalk reception. Everyone loved the convenience to other bars, restaurants. Loved it all!

2015-04-21T14:29:12 Response from the vendor

From the bottom of our hearts thank you for such a wonderful review.

Elegant hotel & great service!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Jessica K

The hotel just got renovated & it looks Great!! The venue was perfect & people thought it was a great idea to have the ceremony & reception in the same place as their hotel. Made everything easy for family & friends to see the sites too. It can be pricy but it's a good value.... Read More Stacy is SOOO accommodating & really knows what she's talking about. When in doubt ask her & take her advice. She's been doing it a long time. We just love the way out wedding turned out & so will you if you pick the venue. Our guests loved the turkey on the buffet so definitely get that, was a crowd pleaser.

What a wonderful day!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Cristina W

My husband and I had our wedding here on 9/13/2014. The whole day was amazing and I am so happy we chose to have both our wedding ceremony and reception at the Sheraton Gunter. We started planning our wedding in January of this year. Stacy Seaborn is the coordinator at... Read More the Sheraton Gunter and I can not say enough good things about her. She is very organized and professional and easy to reach. I also had a wedding planner who had worked with Stacy previously. Together, they made the whole process seamless. (as seamless as wedding planning can be!) I am a very busy woman and they helped my mother and I select all of our vendors. Each vendor had been used for previous weddings at the same hotel. All of the vendors we picked were all very professional and detail oriented. From our cake lady to our florist to our awesome DJ to our photographer, I was quite pleased we everyone we selected. Prior to the wedding day, Kathleen Kiefer who also works at the Gunter helped us set up a website with the Sheraton Gunter so our guests could receive a discount on the hotel room. In addition, she helped us with all of our family's reservations. All of my family and my husband's family stayed at the hotel for the entire weekend since everyone pretty much was from out of town. It was extremely convenient. Our guests were able walk to a lot of great San Antonio sites from the hotel-- so I didn't have to worry about entertaining or transporting people around during the weekend. The day of the wedding was stress free. We had a luncheon with the bridal party at the Gunter the day of the wedding in the downstairs eating area, which went really well. The food at the lunch was delicious. Then, the grooms party had their own room to get ready in and the bridal party was in a two room suite. Stacy and Alyson, my wedding planner, took care of everything the day of the wedding. So I didn't have to worry about anything. The ceremony and reception were perfect. It was nice to have them in the same place for the guests. The guests were moved from the ceremony to the balcony to have hor d'ourves after the wedding. Since we took all of the pictures prior to the wedding, my husband and I had some free time to ourselves. We were privately served hor d'ourves and drinks. It was nice getting relax some privately right after we said I do. Then our guests met us in the reception area. The area where the reception was held was beautiful. The flowers and seating arrangement looked gorgeous. We had a sit down dinner with about 100 guests. There were no issues with the dinner service and everyone really enjoyed their food. We had both chicken and beef served and the serving size was huge...plenty of food for everyone. The kids were served chicken fingers which they really enjoyed. We then had a blast at the reception. After the reception, we took a horse drawn carriage around the city and then went back up to our room. There was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us with a note from Stacy and the staff at the Gunter. I was impressed by the professional level of service we received at the Sheraton Gunter and would recommend the Sheraton Gunter without hesitation to anyone having a wedding in the San Antonio area.

Fairy Tale

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Monica Q

Stacy does a marvelous job at covering every aspect of the wedding. The hotel staff was friendly, courteous and efficient. I didn't have to worry about anything. Overall it was perfect!

2015-04-21T14:30:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you MQuin. We loved having you and your family here for your special day.

Professional and Detail Oriented Venue and Staff!

Reviewed on 6/06/2014 Dorothy D

My experience with the staff at the Sheraton Gunter Hotel was excellent, especially Ms. Stacy Seaborn. I was not only on a tight budget, but my wedding was very short-notice (3 months). Even though I was limited with time, I shopped around and many of the other venues were... Read More extremely overpriced and the staff was rude, or not flexible with outside vendors. Stacy helped me with every detail for the wedding and she adjusted to my busy work schedule. Ms. Kathleen Kiefer was also helpful in making sure my guests were able to book their rooms at a special guest price. This service was outstanding since our families came from out of town and were also on a tight budget for accommodations. They paid only $119/night which is excellent for a weekend in downtown San Antonio! We had an evening wedding in the enclosed balcony with the Majestic in the background. Immediately after, hors d’oeuvres and the bar were available for guests for cocktail hour in the same balcony behind the location of the ceremony. Then, the reception was right through the double doors adjacent to the balcony. It was so convenient to have everything right there and guests were free to take pictures and overlook the city during the reception without having to go too far. We chose to go with the standard decorations and place settings and my guests all commented that it looked very classic and modern. We also opted for the 3-course buffet, pasta bar and cash bar. The food was fantastic and I was so pleased when my guests continued to get seconds and thirds. The pasta bar topped it all off. Overall, I could describe the evening as intimate, fun and classy. Every corner in the Sheraton Gunter was picturesque. Stacy was invaluable in ensuring everyone was set for the ceremony and she even stayed for the critical parts in the reception. I am truly grateful for her professionalism. Everything ended at about 11:45pm and some of the guests were able to continue their romantic night down town on the Riverwalk. I would recommend this venue for any memorable evening, especially a wedding!

Absolutely Perfect...

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Monika R

I had my wedding at the Gunter on 5/17/14 and it was... PERFECT. Seriously, they took of everything and I didn't worry about anything on my day. Stacy, onsite coordinator, gave both bridal parties private parlors on different floors so we could get ready and not risk seeing each... Read More other (at no cost), someone constantly came by to check if we needed anything and my husband said the same thing- that someone would come by and check on them if they needed anything and even brought them tequila shots right before the ceremony to calm his nerves, lol. While planning Stacy would reply back within an hour whenever I emailed her and was always so nice even when I wanted to change things at the last minute. I haven't lived in SA for over 10 years so Stacy was great with vendor recommendations and she stayed by our side until the cake was cut and made sure we stayed on time for everything. AWESOME customer service, great food and great location. Historic hotel with modern updates. Everyone had a blast and I cannot wait until my photos are ready so I can see how beautiful everything looked. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a classic San Antonio wedding in the heart of downtown.

2015-04-21T14:24:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you Monika, we were truly blessed to be a part of your special georgous day.

July 13. 2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 8/14/2013

OMG... The Sheraton Gunter Hotel in San Antonio turned out to be the perfect place for our daughter's wedding. Stacy Seaborn was the hotel wedding coordinator, and although she came to the Gunter midstream through our planning, she picked up the ball, and did an excellent job.... Read More She was so easy to work with, and very flexible. From the beautiful venue to the excellent food, the wedding was a complete success. Thank you, Gunter, for creating the perfect memory for our family

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 4/03/2012 Karla E

Everything went smoothly. The staff was friendly and attentive. We were complimented on how great the food was and the service.

Nice Wedding Hotel

Reviewed on 8/28/2011 Shannon C

I used the Gunter as the wedding hotel, not the wedding venue. It's a nice, historic hotel in the middle of downtown San Antonio. They had great concierge service, they handed out packets to guests, gave us refrigerator access. And they gave our guests a very nice discount.

Simply Breathtaking

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Tiffany S

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel was a beautiful place for our wedding reception. We had the cocktail hour on the terrace, and the reception in the Crystal Room. The staff was wonderful to work with. We were a little disappointed when Michelle left the company, but Victoria did a... Read More great job. She was very efficient, and she made me feel comfortable and confident in her abilities. The out of town guests stayed here as well. We had a few hiccups with the reservations, but as soon as I notified the hotel they quickly made a correction. They also made us a customized wedding website, which made communication clear. The only downside to the website was that is was not searchable through a website (like the wedding registries are). Guests had to type in the entire URL, which we put on our Save the Dates. Overall, we are very pleased and we are so happy we chose to work with the Gunter staff. I would highly recommend them to any bride, and the food is AMAZING!