Shew-sical Entertainment Services

Greater Baltimore Area

Make Your Event a Shew-sical Masterpiece!

Disc jockey and karaoke jockey, Shew-sical Entertainment promises to provide high quality services with the personal touch and professional care every client deserves. We have thousands of songs in all genres. Tell us what you want or let us choose for you. We will have your guests dancing!

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Walkersville, MD
Greater Baltimore Area

Reviewed on 7/04/2011 Amy M

Matt Shew and his wife helped everything run completely smoothly while staying behind the scenes-- he listened exactly to what musical selections we wanted, honored the Do Not Play list, and played music that everyone-- regardless of age-- could dance to. He has a very good... Read More speaking voice for introductions and they made us a cd of all the songs (reception entrance songs for wedding party, first dance, father-daughter dance, mother-son, etc) used in our wedding. At the end of the night, we both hugged them-- could not have imagined anyone better!

Absolute Pros!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Courtney O

I had the pleasure of working with Nicole for my wedding day; she was amazing! Everything ran so smoothly, I could not have been happier with how my ceremony and reception turned out! Nicole handled everything for me... which took so much stress off of me during the day and... Read More allowed me to enjoy everything so much more! I had always been told that your wedding day will be such a blur to you since you will be having to deal with so much; but because of Nicole, I was able to not worry about a thing and just enjoy my entire day! The Shew-sical team was so helpful and responsive with all of my questions and requests leading up to the big day, it made me have complete confidence in them before I even met them! 3 weeks after my wedding, and I still haven't stopped hearing comments about how my wedding was the most fun guests have had in as long as they can remember!!

Everyone was dancing!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Kimberly S

Matt did an amazing job!!! I remember turning around and looking and EVERYONE except a hand full of people were up and dancing! I let him do his thing and he picked perfect songs!!! Everything transitioned smoothly! The sound system was great! Couldn't have had a better DJ!!! A... Read More lot of guests commented that he was the best DJ they have ever had at a wedding- and hands down I agree!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Samantha L

Shew-sical provided the DJ service for my daughters wedding. They were great. They worked with the bride and groom to make sure all their requests were made and that everything ran on time. They made sure that all the "must-play" songs were played at the reception and were... Read More great about playing request during the reception. The music was played at just the right volume,not too loud or annoying and a good mix of music. We would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a DJ

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Meghan B

Matt was the DJ for our June wedding, and he was fantastic! I totally forgot to give him our do not plays and our dancing music selections. I gave him a quick run down prior to dinner and he still kept the party going and played a wide variety of music for our broad age range of... Read More guests! I would 100% recommend Matt again to anyone considering.

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Abigail T

Matt and Nicole Shew of Shew-sical Entertainment were an absolute pleasure to work with. From the second I met them at a Hagerstown Bridal Show, I knew I could not go wrong having either one of them DJ my wedding. They were extremely friendly, thorough, and prompt and ensured... Read More that the music and flow went perfectly throughout our wedding ceremony and reception. I have recommended them to several friends, all of which who made the right decision in having them DJ their wedding. I promise you could not go wrong with this crew!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Amanda C

Nothing but good things to say about this compan, they always do an exceptional job and are always professional.

Reviewed on 8/10/2015

Matt is awesome! My husband is in the military and we were station in Texas, and he was able to give me everything I wanted and more for our wedding music. He was able to work with me even when I had requested difficult songs he found them! He kept everyone dancing all night,... Read More and he even stayed longer then what we had planned on. I would recommend hom to anyone, and I wikl definitely be a forever customer. Thanks so much Matt! :)

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Anneke L

Matt was great to work with. He made planning my Jewish wedding easy. He had all my songs and ones that people requested he was able to download in a timely manner. I have never been to a wedding were so many people were up dancing all the time until mine! IT was great to see... Read More people in their 80's and children as young as 6 up on the floor dancing together. All the smiles made the planning of my own wedding worth it!

Definitely impressed!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Angela P

Shewsical did an incredible job in making our wedding day the most special it possibly could be. From helping us customize songs & order of events to even making our mashup for our first dance, they worked to make our day exactly how we imagined- if not better! Matt, the DJ, was... Read More extremely personable and easy to work with and contact. Everyone was up and dancing at the wedding and we wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I would recommend their services to anyone who wants to have an amazing time at their wedding!

Shew-Sical RULES!

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Lawren H

Awesome music. They were more than happy to deal with all my random musical requests and bizarre selections. I had the added bonus of having a member of my family on their staff but I'm certain that no matter who you are working with on their staff, they will take care of... Read More you.

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Megan P

Shew-sical is an excellent DJ company. From the very first meeting to the very end they were organized, responsive, and friendly! I am very picky about the music I like and I thought it would be tough to find a DJ that would see eye to eye with our style but Robert was... Read More absolutely fantastic. He already had all of the music we requested and knew exactly how to please both us and our guests, and how to keep things interesting on the dance floor. They provided our ceremony music, and were well equipped to handle the multi levels of our venue. They send an itinerary for you to fill out beforehand where you can outline what you want played for different activities, and Robert never missed a beat. He was also great at communicating with us what was going on and where we needed to be and I never once had to worry about the music. I wish I could give 6 stars for value because Shew-sical offers a great price for an even greater service. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Laura L

We were so incredibly happy with Shew-sical as our wedding DJ company! Matt was our DJ and he was wonderful to work with. He provided us a top music listing that helped tremendously to decide on the best songs to play throughout the night. Our dance floor was packed all night... Read More and all of our guests had an amazing time! We highly recommend Shew-sical for your wedding/event! And WoW Lighting for all of your uplighting needs!

Great experience working with Shew-sical!

Reviewed on 2/03/2015 Erika H

We loved working with Shew-sical! They were very accommodating when it came to meeting with them and discussing our options and were very responsive via e-mail to all of my (and there were a few) questions and concerns. Matt and Nicole were very familiar with our venue (Stone... Read More Manor Country Club) and were very helpful in guiding us in the right direction with lighting and the microphone for our pastor. Yes, they also provided us with our up-lights for the tent and had many colors to choose from! I don't know song titles, or who the artist is, but I can usually sing every word, so picking music was not my favorite task. Matt and Nicole provided us with a list of 200 songs that were most popular and we were able to create our "must play" and "do not play" lists off of this. Matt took requests from our guests, but stuck by our requests and did not play any songs that we felt weren't appropriate for the occasion. I was the bride who requested an extra song on the day of our wedding (Mickey Mouse Club for my nephew) and Matt found it and played it for us without even hesitating. It was a big hit with the kids in our bridal party! Matt also did a fantastic job of timing the music and played the songs that our older guests enjoyed earlier in the night and progressed into music for the younger crowd who wanted to dance all night. My mother still talks about how wonderful this was! All-in-all, working with Shew-sical was a great experience!

Reviewed on 1/15/2015 Katie R

My wedding guests have raved about the selection of music played at our reception...everything from Hairbands to country, to pop, and everything in between!

Excellent DJ Services

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Lindsey C

I found Shew-sical through an online search of wedding vendors and am so glad I did. Matt & Nicole were very professional and helpful throughout the entire process. They were also extremely patient with me as my husband and MIL didn't decide on their mother-son dance until the... Read More week of the wedding. I also gave Matt the intros for my bridal party literally minutes before we walked in to the reception and he did a great job! Everyone had a great time at the wedding and the dance floor was packed from the very first song. Matt did a phenomenal job and I would recommend Shew-sical to anyone who wants a great DJ and doesn't want to have to worry about the flow of their wedding. Matt had everything under control! :)

Great to work with!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Bekah R

With not officially meeting our DJ before the reception, I was a little hesitant to how it would go. But, it went so much better than I ever expected! He played such great songs and got people out on the dance floor. We were also glad that he followed our request of not having... Read More songs that had crude words and language. Very glad we went with this company!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Catherine M

We are so thankful to have had such a wonderful company as part of our special day. Matt and Nicole were WONDERFUL!!! They were able to answer any and all of our questions and were able to guide us through picking out songs as my husband and I are country music lovers and have... Read More not clue what is "in"!!! They kept the party rock'n until the very last minute! We cannot thank the "Shew-Crew" enough. We HIGHLY recommend them!

Shew! So glad we picked them!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Julie F

We are so thankful we picked Shew-sical for our DJ! They were very informative and helpful with all of our questions. They picked a DJ that fit our style perfectly. We could not have had a better experience! We definitely recommend them!!!

So much fun!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Lauren M

I loved working with Nicole. She made the process so easy and smooth. My husband and I enjoyed picking out songs for each special moment. When a special song would play that we picked out we were instantly looking for each other to dance with. Nicole helped throughout the whole... Read More wedding reception by coming and talking to us and guiding us through all of the traditions we wanted to capture. She stayed true to our do not play list and played all of the songs that we wanted. She really helped make our reception so much fun!

Best DJ Around

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Bethann P

The moment I talked to Nicole for the first time I knew that Shew-sical was the perfect DJ for our wedding. Nicole was amazing from the start- she offered suggestions, was always flexible, friendly. After meeting with Nicole for our consultation we knew she had to be our DJ for... Read More our wedding. When things ran behind she made everything run and flow smoothly. Thank you Nicole for making our wedding Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

Shew-sical Entertainment Services did a wonderful job at our wedding. Matt met with us a few weeks out from out wedding to go over a playlist and to get a feel for our big day. Matt helped us outline our reception so it ran as smooth as possible. The day of the wedding, Matt... Read More met with us just after pictures to reassure everything we had planned. The night went perfectly, they played the perfect variety for everyone there young to old, took requests and everyone had a blast. We would recommend Shew-sical to every and any upcoming wedding!!

Excellent DJ for our wedding

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Patricia W

Working with Shew-sical was one of the best decision we could have made. They were easy to contact and set up an appointment with. We met with Matt and he went through how the company operates then told us he would select a DJ that would fit our personalities to the best of his... Read More abilities as he was already booked for the day. My fiancé was nervous about not having met with our DJ until a few weeks prior to the wedding but once we did, we no longer had any doubts. We worked with Jeff Sears and he was everything we could have asked for as a DJ for our wedding. We met with him a few weeks prior and ran through the type of music we wanted or did not want. The special request songs and ceremony music. He then contacted us via email several times to make sure he had the right idea of style of music for each section of the reception and wedding ceremony. He was able to assist in making decision in regards to music for bouquet toss, cake cutting, and garter toss as we were not sure what songs to select. The day of the wedding he was very professional and there early . The day ended up being very windy and I was determined to have the outdoor ceremony so we followed his recommendation to not use the wireless mics as these would have picked up the wind more than what we were saying. The ceremony music was clear and not overpowering. He then moved inside and kept our guests entertained during pictures (which we had allotted two hours for so they needed some good music to stay awake!). Once the reception started he was the perfect MC to keep the party moving and when the dancing was going into a lull he would know what songs to switch to for the party to keep hopping. Our guests were extremely pleased and only raved over our DJ and music for the night. I would highly recommend this company for DJ service for weddings or any other party that would benefit from music. Jeff helped to ensure our wedding reception was everything I had dreamed of for the perfect wedding night. I was able to dance to my hearts content without any worries! The night was absolutely memorable. Thank you Jeff and Shew-sical.

Great DJ's, Poor Communicators

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Madeline C

Our DJ, Dustin, from Shew-sical was great! He was always calm, kept our schedule flowing on time without being too strict about when we had to do certain things, and he respected our "do not play" list. He played songs that went well with our theme was present without being an... Read More overbearing entertainer at our wedding. However, in dealing with Shew-sical over email, I always had a different person responding and they were all very short, unprofessional, and unemotional. They didn't really make me feel like I didn't have to worry about a thing (even though in the end - they were great!) Their performance the day of the wedding was amazing. Every day leading up to it, not as much.

Great value and fabulous staff

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Jennifer C

Our DJ, Robert, was awesome. No cheesy stand-up and he kept everyone dancing all night long. Super professional staff that made us feel comfortable from the very first meeting. We had a very eclectic playlist and they worked everything in so that each song easily flowed into the... Read More next. Couldn't be happier!