Shew-sical Entertainment Services

Greater Baltimore Area

Make Your Event a Shew-sical Masterpiece!

Disc jockey and karaoke jockey, Shew-sical Entertainment promises to provide high quality services with the personal touch and professional care every client deserves. We have thousands of songs in all genres. Tell us what you want or let us choose for you. We will have your guests dancing!

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Walkersville, MD
Greater Baltimore Area

Perfect.

Reviewed on 7/04/2011 Amy M

Matt Shew and his wife helped everything run completely smoothly while staying behind the scenes-- he listened exactly to what musical selections we wanted, honored the Do Not Play list, and played music that everyone-- regardless of age-- could dance to. He has a very good speaking voice for introductions and they made us a cd of all the songs (reception entrance songs for wedding party, first dance, father-daughter dance, mother-son, etc) used in our wedding. At the end of the night, we both hugged them-- could not have imagined anyone better!

Absolute Pros!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Courtney O

I had the pleasure of working with Nicole for my wedding day; she was amazing! Everything ran so smoothly, I could not have been happier with how my ceremony and reception turned out! Nicole handled everything for me... which took so much stress off of me during the day and allowed me to enjoy everything so much more! I had always been told that your wedding day will be such a blur to you since you will be having to deal with so much; but because of Nicole, I was able to not worry about a thing and just enjoy my entire day! The Shew-sical team was so helpful and responsive with all of my questions and requests leading up to the big day, it made me have complete confidence in them before I even met them! 3 weeks after my wedding, and I still haven't stopped hearing comments about how my wedding was the most fun guests have had in as long as they can remember!!

Everyone was dancing!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Kimberly S

Matt did an amazing job!!! I remember turning around and looking and EVERYONE except a hand full of people were up and dancing! I let him do his thing and he picked perfect songs!!! Everything transitioned smoothly! The sound system was great! Couldn't have had a better DJ!!! A lot of guests commented that he was the best DJ they have ever had at a wedding- and hands down I agree!!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Laura L

We were so incredibly happy with Shew-sical as our wedding DJ company! Matt was our DJ and he was wonderful to work with. He provided us a top music listing that helped tremendously to decide on the best songs to play throughout the night. Our dance floor was packed all night and all of our guests had an amazing time! We highly recommend Shew-sical for your wedding/event! And WoW Lighting for all of your uplighting needs!

Great experience working with Shew-sical!

Reviewed on 2/03/2015 Erika H

We loved working with Shew-sical! They were very accommodating when it came to meeting with them and discussing our options and were very responsive via e-mail to all of my (and there were a few) questions and concerns. Matt and Nicole were very familiar with our venue (Stone Manor Country Club) and were very helpful in guiding us in the right direction with lighting and the microphone for our pastor. Yes, they also provided us with our up-lights for the tent and had many colors to choose from! I don't know song titles, or who the artist is, but I can usually sing every word, so picking music was not my favorite task. Matt and Nicole provided us with a list of 200 songs that were most popular and we were able to create our "must play" and "do not play" lists off of this. Matt took requests from our guests, but stuck by our requests and did not play any songs that we felt weren't appropriate for the occasion. I was the bride who requested an extra song on the day of our wedding (Mickey Mouse Club for my nephew) and Matt found it and played it for us without even hesitating. It was a big hit with the kids in our bridal party! Matt also did a fantastic job of timing the music and played the songs that our older guests enjoyed earlier in the night and progressed into music for the younger crowd who wanted to dance all night. My mother still talks about how wonderful this was! All-in-all, working with Shew-sical was a great experience!

DJ

Reviewed on 1/15/2015 Katie R

My wedding guests have raved about the selection of music played at our reception...everything from Hairbands to country, to pop, and everything in between!

Great to work with!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Bekah R

With not officially meeting our DJ before the reception, I was a little hesitant to how it would go. But, it went so much better than I ever expected! He played such great songs and got people out on the dance floor. We were also glad that he followed our request of not having songs that had crude words and language. Very glad we went with this company!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Catherine M

We are so thankful to have had such a wonderful company as part of our special day. Matt and Nicole were WONDERFUL!!! They were able to answer any and all of our questions and were able to guide us through picking out songs as my husband and I are country music lovers and have not clue what is "in"!!! They kept the party rock'n until the very last minute! We cannot thank the "Shew-Crew" enough. We HIGHLY recommend them!

Shew! So glad we picked them!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Julie F

We are so thankful we picked Shew-sical for our DJ! They were very informative and helpful with all of our questions. They picked a DJ that fit our style perfectly. We could not have had a better experience! We definitely recommend them!!!

So much fun!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Lauren M

I loved working with Nicole. She made the process so easy and smooth. My husband and I enjoyed picking out songs for each special moment. When a special song would play that we picked out we were instantly looking for each other to dance with. Nicole helped throughout the whole wedding reception by coming and talking to us and guiding us through all of the traditions we wanted to capture. She stayed true to our do not play list and played all of the songs that we wanted. She really helped make our reception so much fun!

GREAT DJ

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

Shew-sical Entertainment Services did a wonderful job at our wedding. Matt met with us a few weeks out from out wedding to go over a playlist and to get a feel for our big day. Matt helped us outline our reception so it ran as smooth as possible. The day of the wedding, Matt met with us just after pictures to reassure everything we had planned. The night went perfectly, they played the perfect variety for everyone there young to old, took requests and everyone had a blast. We would recommend Shew-sical to every and any upcoming wedding!!

Great DJ's, Poor Communicators

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Madeline C

Our DJ, Dustin, from Shew-sical was great! He was always calm, kept our schedule flowing on time without being too strict about when we had to do certain things, and he respected our "do not play" list. He played songs that went well with our theme was present without being an overbearing entertainer at our wedding. However, in dealing with Shew-sical over email, I always had a different person responding and they were all very short, unprofessional, and unemotional. They didn't really make me feel like I didn't have to worry about a thing (even though in the end - they were great!) Their performance the day of the wedding was amazing. Every day leading up to it, not as much.

Great value and fabulous staff

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Jennifer C

Our DJ, Robert, was awesome. No cheesy stand-up and he kept everyone dancing all night long. Super professional staff that made us feel comfortable from the very first meeting. We had a very eclectic playlist and they worked everything in so that each song easily flowed into the next. Couldn't be happier!

FUN TIME HAD BY ALL

Reviewed on 9/09/2014

Our DJ Dustin was very professional and met all of our music needs for our wedding reception. We had everything from pop, country, oldies to top 40 hits and had every song upon request from my guest Shew-sical also provided dancing lights. Very flexible and reasonably priced. Fun time had by all and I would highly recommend and use them in the future.

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Melanie R

We absolutely loved having Robert from Shew-sical as the DJ for our wedding! Nicole and Matt were very easy and accommodating to work with initially since we were not local to their area. After meeting with Robert we were beyond excited to have him as our DJ for our wedding. We were struggling a bit to complete the music form they provided since we wanted something different for ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner music selections. We had a great discussion with Robert about our likes and dislikes and he was able to make recommendations to complete our form with ease. When our wedding day came, everything went flawlessly. He followed our do not play list, played our requests, and even accommodated our guests requests. He made sure to play a variety of music that everyone could enjoy. To just further prove how much he wanted our guests involved, Robert joined us on the dance floor to teach myself and everyone else how to do one of the dances! We cannot thank him enough for making our wedding day so much fun and recommend both Robert and Shew-sical for anyone's wedding day needs!

10 out of 10!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Sarah R

Matt Shew did an awesome job as our DJ! He listend to our likes and dislikes and helped keep us on schedule on the day of. We didn't hire a wedding coordinator so our wedding schedule would have been a mess if it weren't for him! Our guests had a great time dancing and we would highly recommend Shew-sical for your DJ needs!

Great music!

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Theresa M

Shew-sical was great! My only complaint was the announcements made by the DJ were quiet, and difficult for guests to hear. Otherwise, the music choices were on-target and all requests were accommodated. Made the night perfect!

easy, great experience

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Renee

we had a wonderful experience with Matt. We met him briefly at an open house (for a venue we didn't use) and he was so laid back and not giving us sales pitches or being pushy. When we finally picked our venue, we set up a meeting with Matt. He checked in with us before the reception started, during the reception and we had to do some adjustments to the timing (our fault) which he totally accommodated. Really great DJ, service & would recommend him to everyone!

They rocked it!

Reviewed on 2/25/2014 Georgette J

We had Matt as our DJ, and he was really awesome! Our taste in music isn't particularly unique, but it doesn't include much of any of the kind of songs that you'd commonly hear at a wedding. We're into bands like Hot Chip, The 2 Bears, Daft Punk, and Calvin Harris for dancing. For our cocktail hour we liked Radiohead, The Fray, Broken Bells, and Django Django (to name a few). Matt was *perfect* at figuring out our tastes, and he played a ton of our most favorite songs. There wasn't a single song that we didn't like. The guests loved having good beats to dance to, and the employees at our venue appreciated a fresh playlist apart from the usual "Call Me Maybe" and the chicken dance. At the last minute, we even sent him a song that one of our friends plays an instrument in - he gladly worked it into the playlist! All in all, I could not have asked for a more "spot on" playlist for our big day. He was great to work with - most things were worked out via email. He listened well to our requests, and did his best to fulfill them. In short, GO WITH SHEW-SICAL! You will not be disappointed.

Wonderful job!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Erin T

Shew-sical Entertainment did a wonderful job DJing our wedding! This was probably the easiest vendor we booked because we had heard so many wonderful things about them! I honestly didn’t even look at other DJs. We knew from the get-go we wanted Shew-sical to do our wedding! We met with Matt about a week before our wedding to go over all the details, playlists, etc. and it made us even more excited. He listened to everything we wanted played and did a phenomenal job! So many of our guests commented on how great the DJ was, how he was the perfect MC, and the song selections were great for our crowd! I would definitely recommend Shew-sical for your upcoming wedding. They are very professional, responsive, and have great experience! Wonderful job!!!

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Elizabeth D

We used Shew-sical for our October wedding at the Lodge at Little Seneca Creek for both our ceremony and our reception. Everything went absolutely seamlessly, and we could not have been happier with Shew-sical's work! Matt worked with us in the months leading up to the wedding, helping to walk us through the process of creating an itinerary and choosing a song list. Our actual DJ was Dustin, who did a FABULOUS job! We communicated with Dustin several times in the weeks before the big day, and he accommodated all of our requests, respected our do-not-play list, and created an all-around amazing atmosphere for our big day. He played a great mix of songs that had both the older and younger generations dancing all night long -- it was perfect!

GREAT Job!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Caroline S

Matt of Shew-sical Entertainment was GREAT!! He was the DJ for my son’s wedding rehearsal dinner/party. Being from out of town, I depended on the recommendations of the venue, Dutch’s Daughter. From our first conversation I knew I had found the perfect DJ for the evening. He understood what type of party I wanted. Being in the event business myself, I have worked with many DJs. Matt was friendly and so easy to work with…professional and gracious. He had control over the event and was a super emcee from the dinner until the end of the evening. I am so glad I decided to extend the time of the event an hour. From start to finish there was always a group on the dance floor! Our guests of all ages had a blast and the party was all I had hoped it would be. Thanks Matt!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Candace F

We hired Shewsical because of the rave reviews as well as a fabulous price. Turns out they were worth every single cent! Matt helped us to make the day special (with their form to help brides). When we told them we just wanted a party, Matt made sure to make that happen! When we had requests to move the ceremony outside, there was no hesitation to make it happen! I felt like an important client and had everything answered promptly. I would absolutely recommend their services to anyone, and I'd definitely use them again should the need arise!

Friendly, professional and fun!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Hilary B

Our wedding day was flawless. I bet you don't hear that often! We had the best vendors and Shewsical Entertainment were hands down the best! They kept the party going all night. Everyone had a great time and commented how great the DJ was. A bad DJ can really ruin a wedding and that is one thing you don't have to worry about hiring Shewsical Entertainment. THE BEST DJ AROUND! If I were to renew my vows and get married again I would absolutely go with the Shews again. That's a good sign when you have clients willing to use you again!

Must hire Shew-sical Entertainment Services for your next event!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 stephenie l

My husband and me got married December 2012. We were very impressed with Shew-sical Entertainment Services by their professionalism and attention to detail before and during the event. We received many compliments on the music and easy flow at our reception. I would highly recommend them for any event and I will certainly book them again when we need their services in a heartbeat!

TO Shew-sical Entertainment Services