Shirley's Catering & Event Design

DMV area, Northern Virginia, DC, Surrounding suburbs

The Right Ingredients for a perfect Wedding!

Personalized Service, Elegant Presentation and Great Tasting Food! Shirley’s Catering is a full service off premise catering company dedicated to providing YOU with Friendly Professional Service, Elegant Creative Presentations and Great Tasting Foods! The Right Ingredients for Your Event. Whether you are having an Intimate Wine Tasting with complimenting appetizers with one of our chefs, or an Awards Banquet complete with tents themed out with creative décor, lighting and music for your company and employees, Shirley’s Catering has your best interests at heart. Weddings, Cocktail Parties and everything in between, Shirley’s Catering is available to make your event a success and give you the time to enjoy it! Shirley’s Catering is also a SWaM and eVA certified business.

Cuisine

Cajun, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

5799 Burke Centre Parkway, Burke, VA DMV area, Northern Virginia, DC, Surrounding suburbs (703) 239-0102
WEBSITE FACEBOOK PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Casey L

Let me just start by saying WOW. We are so thrilled we had the honor of working with Shirley's Catering for our wedding. We had met with another caterer and they did not meet our expectations. We then were introduced to Shirley's and were just blown away. I have a gluten... Read More allergy, therefore being the bride, that can be difficult! Shirley's had NO problem accommodating this! When we went in for our tasting, everything was absolutely delicious. We couldn't even decide on our passed hor d'oeuvres because they were all so good and ALL gluten free! I felt so special because I could eat everything! The food was delicious, the presentation was delicious and Shirley and her staff are incredible. So kind and friendly. All of our guests were so impressed and raved about everything, especially the grilled cheese and mini butternut squash soup shooters -- so yummy! Thank you Shirley for making our day so special and making me feel so, so 'catered' too - we truly appreciated it!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 David T

Shirley's Catering did a phenomenal job at our wedding. The decorating, food, and service were all top notch. I would highly recommend them for weddings or any other function or party. We will definitely be calling them again in the future. Thank you Shirley.

2017-07-06T09:22:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your great review, and we wish you the best of life, happiness, and health.

Display as delightful as the fare was delicious!

Reviewed on 7/18/2012 Samantha S

-Our contact was always prompt in responding and very accommodating in our requests from the initial tasting, to interfacing with the staff, to changing the final headcount just days before the big day. -The menu and catering-style options are varied and all mouth-watering with... Read More enough to satisfy guests with dietary needs or restrictions. -The presentation was beautiful and colorful with the fruit and veggie spread; the set-up was very accessible although the space was limited. -The staff kept everything replenished and hot, and packaged the ample amount of remaining food to be taken (which all re-heated almost as tasty as the day-of!) -We heard nothing but compliments from our well-fed guests.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Katelyn K

We loved working with Shirley's Catering. From the start, they took an interest in our wedding and making it the best and most affordable wedding experience. Meredith did a wonderful job taking care of all of the day of coordination. She was even available weeks before the... Read More wedding to discuss all of the decoration details. Our guests could not stop raving at how well Shirley's made our wedding run smoothly. From the day of coordination, food, drinks, and service. Shirley's is a one stop catering shop. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Cari B

Shirley was wonderful throughout the whole planning process. She even prepared my husband and I a plate which was served to us immediately to allow us to get a chance to eat! Highly recommend!

2017-07-06T09:24:12 Response from the vendor

Hi Cari and Michael, Thank you for having Shirley's Catering help you celebrate your day. You are both such wonderful people, we wish you all the best. I loved your mother.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Lauren C

Absolutely rude. I called to get more information about all that this company offers and the woman I spoke with was very rude and condescending. She did not offer me helpful information and was not inviting for me to ask questions. If this is an indication of how I would be... Read More treated throughout my planning process, I will gladly take my business elsewhere and deal with understanding professionals, NOT THIS PLACE.

2017-07-13T08:25:59 Response from the vendor

I am so sorry that you had this experience. I was not in the office when you called, so I was not privy to the conversation. My girl said there was some confusion about questions asked in regards to cost of equipment and she thought... Read Less Read More

great food

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Rebecca A

Shirleys provided great food for our wedding!

Shirley's Catering & Gourmet

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Lysandra T

Shirley's was great! I'm usually very picky about food, but loved everything I tried. I even had more than one of my guests tell me it was the best wedding food they ever had. And one of those ladies had been to 38 weddings in her time.