Short and Sweet Weddings

Serving Austin Texas and Surrounding areas.

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Nondenominational, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Jewish

Ceremony, Wedding

1104 S Mays, Round Rock, TX Serving Austin Texas and Surrounding areas. (512) 704-4678

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 diane t

Short and Sweet was fantastic! Scott listened to what we had to say and really put some thought into our service. It was custom fit perfectly to us and not a canned performance. Caring and thoughtful individuals, if you need a wedding officiant I could not say more that... Read More contact Short and Sweet.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Alsxis B

Scott was absolutely amazing! So helpful and so kind. He was able to come up with a beautiful ceremony and made it very personal for us. He also put on his go pro camera so we could have a different view of our ceremony. He was just so thoughtful!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Ashley R

Shelly was so great and took the time to listen to make our wedding unique for us. Everything was simple and I felt like I was being taken care of, even with my small wedding.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Carlie H

Scott Cole was great! We had a few things we definitely wanted like: a sand ceremony and a wine box ceremony during the reception. He came up with great ways to incorporate everything while also making it unique and special. He was able to work from afar via face-time, text,... Read More and email. He even had a little fun at the reception with photo bombs and jokes-which everyone can appreciate. We had absolutely no issues, and our wedding was spectacular!

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Laura C

We are so grateful that we had David Tropea as our wedding officiant. He truly listened to exactly what we wanted for our wedding ceremony - something romantic, sweet, and not overly religious. He spoke with us multiple times before the wedding to get to know us better and he... Read More included meaningful/funny things in our ceremony that were personalized just for us. David always made himself available to talk - even late at night since I work long hours as a nurse! Our guests and families came up to us after the ceremony and asked if we knew David before the wedding because he fit in so well! David has such a calming and loving presence and there feels like you have nothing to worry about when you talk to him. Shelly, the owner, reached out to us multiple times before the wedding and she made sure we were well taken care of. I could not recommend Short & Sweet Weddings highly enough for your wedding. They are the definition of incredible customer service. They will make sure you have the wedding ceremony of your dreams and your guests and families will fall in love with them, just like we all did. Thank you David!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Kaitlin T

We loved having Scott Cole officiate our wedding! We wanted a Short and Sweet wedding that wasn’t religious, wasn’t cheesy, but still had a lot of meaning. Scott created the perfect ceremony that fit us to a “T”. We Skyped with several officiants before deciding on Scott, and... Read More when we got to Scott we knew immediately that he was different than the others. He was very easy to speak to and listened to all of our concerns. I booked him immediately after that call. As a whole, Short and Sweet weddings was a dream to work with. They were incredibly responsive to emails, it was a breeze to arrange my rehearsal and to coordinate all the details that go into planning a wedding. I would highly recommend S&S Weddings and Scott Cole to any bride!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Kaitlin T

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Jordan K

Scott was amazing! Our guests raved about how amazing and personal our ceremony was! In the short time we met with him, he somehow picked up on every detail of my husband and I and created a ceremony that had so many personal touches. It was like we had known him our whole... Read More lives. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful, short, and sweet! Scott also helped us out with post marriage things like name changes that would have definitely stressed us out without him!! Thank you so much Scott!! You made our day perfect

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Scott M

Fast, friendly and smooth.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Wintor B

Scott officiated our wedding and we're so glad he did! The joy he has shines through in the ceremony he creates for you; we were blessed to have him usher us into our new life together!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Anastasia S

David prepared a great ceremony for us because he took the time to connect with us, asked us questions and learned about us. It was a great experience!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Kayla Q

Scott was great! We just loved him! I basically wrote our ceremony which Scott was cool with and rolled with. He adlibbed to make it flow nicely, through in some jokes and it was amazing! He made us feel so relaxed and gave us tips for the ceremony. I am so happy we booked him!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Hillary M

Shelly cole is the sweetest! We are so thankful that she was able to marry us this year.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Chelsey I

Greg was exactly what we wanted in an officiant. He was so kind and funny and took into account everything we wanted and didn't want. My mom commented that she would have thought he was a family friend from how he officiated! We are so blessed we found him!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Katrina S

The name of the company certainly caught our attention! This was exactly what we were looking for - someone to officiate a short but memorable and meaningful ceremony. Cheryl was our officiant and we cannot say enough great things about her. Before we booked, we met Cheryl at... Read More her office and had a lovely conversation about us as a couple, our hopes for our marriage, and our desires for the ceremony itself. She was SO easy to talk with and was genuinely interested in us and our story. It was a no-brainer for us! Cheryl was so helpful and collaborative in creating our program. She listened to everything we wanted and put together something very meaningful and personal to us. Despite the fact that we only "met" her once, she was still able to talk about us as a couple and got in a few humorous comments to boot! Plus, she handles all of the pesky paperwork at the end with the license itself so by the time we got home from our honeymoon, our certified marriage license was in our mailbox. Overall, we had a great experience with Short and Sweet Weddings and Cheryl!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Brittney F

Short and Sweet Weddings was such an easy and pleasantly perfect solution for a short and sweet ceremony! Shelly was amazing and the wedding script she wrote was wonderful! Short and Sweet Weddings made our special day PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Sarah R

Cheryl Broome, our officiant was absolutely incredible. I wish we could have located her another way to circumvent the horrible scheme that is Short and Sweet Weddings. She is such a beacon of wonderfulness, with a fantastic attitude, lovely personality, and beyond belief... Read More friendliness! From the moment we met, I could not imagine another person officiating our special day. After a few weeks to calm down and review the situation, I am still extremely upset at the lack of professionalism, discretion, and communication Shelly has shown. Keep in mind, this is the OWNER. I don't have enough angry words to describe my experience with these people, particularly Shelly. In less than 3 hours, she told us we needed to pay immediately, then that since she hasn't heard from us, we clearly didn't need Cheryl's services, and she would be available for the couple waiting in the wings (now I wonder if there was ever even another couple). Keep in mind this is all weeks before the wedding, and none of this information is denoted anywhere in any of the initial emails she sent. She threatened to take away the one person who we could imagine conducting our ceremony, all via text message. Meanwhile, I'm at work, and don't have the opportunity to look at my phone until hours later, when I have to call her to straighten it out. She not only doesn't know who I am, but she also doesn't understand why I'm calling. I practically had to force her to take my payment information. And then, after I was certain everything was wrapped up, I receive another informal text message, to say that everything is not finalized, even though she has my payment information. "Whichever party is first to submit both booking form & payment will secure officiant services from Short and Sweet Weddings." Take a moment and let that sink in. This "owner" pitted two couples against each other in order to secure a reservation. I had to spend more time on the phone with her in order to sort this out and ensure that she wouldn't try to rip this away from us again. And then, to top it off, they somehow managed to tie some of my personal information with their own payment processing account. I am beyond disgusted with this company, and horrified that she thought for a moment this was acceptable. I have received absolutely zero communication regarding this extremely unpleasant experience, despite that fact that she is aware we were very dissatisfied. Stay away - or find a way to contact Cheryl directly. She was positively lovely!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Aimee S

We can't speak highly enough about Scott from Short and Sweet Weddings! From our first Skype call to our wedding day, Scott was the portrait of professionalism mixed with compassion and thoughtfulness. The ceremony he created for us was a perfect outward expression of our... Read More relationship and what we hope to encapsulate in our marriage. His words received high praise from many of our guests as well! I also loved waking up the next morning and realizing that he had sent with us a printed copy of our vows - that was such a special touch and I have already re-read the ceremony for what was the first but (I'm sure) not the last time. Thank you for being such a lovely and integral part of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 SUSAN C

A wonderful and meaningful experience. Found this on Google, but it was personal, beautiful and with just the right balance of religion, tradition, and humor. Our officiant was outstanding in this less than traditional wedding...in the Texas heat! We felt like we all had... Read More known each other for a long time. We are senior citizens who had gone to Las Vegas to be married and rejected it as commercial, unbending and so greedy it was disgusting...and Godless. This was perfection. A superior company and superior experience.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Lauren T

Scott Cole officiated our wedding. I met with him once in person, and I knew that he was the right guy for us. He had no problem performing a secular ceremony and forgoing many of the traditions that weren't our style. After a follow- up video chat with my husband and I, Scott... Read More wrote a beautiful ceremony that was exactly the right length. He found the perfect readings to take the place of the religious parts that we wanted to skip. We were really hoping that our officiant would take care of writing and performing the ceremony without needing much direction or input from us, and he did! A completely stress- free experience. Thanks, Scott!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Roslyn P

Selecting the person to officiate our wedding was tough because we are not particularly religious, but we wanted the ceremony to be inclusive of the faiths of those celebrating with us. David Tropea officiated our wedding, and he was a top notch professional. He was flexible in... Read More understanding what we wanted, and we were really impressed at the time he invested to understand us as a couple. On a day when there were so many things that we could have worried about, it was great to know that David would be there to handle what was really the most important part of the day. We are so appreciative of his energy and support.

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Lindsay C

Nicole officiated our wedding and she was so on point! We added this quote about love and weirdness into the program and she delivered it with perfect comedic effect, way better than I had even imagined it. Also, she kept a straight face during the ceremony when my now husband... Read More kept saying things like "it's raining!" when he got teary eyed and repeated "these words." We could not be happier with how the ceremony went and all thanks to Nicole!

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 Blanca L

We had Scott officiate my wedding. He did an amazing job. The ceremony he prepared for my husband and I brought tears to not only our eyes but our guest as well. Multiple guest told us what a great job he did. He was very helpful with the wedding party. We didn't have a... Read More rehearsal, but he helped direct everyone where they needed to be. After the ceremony, during photos he helped with getting our 1 year old daughter to smile. Just above and beyond. We would recommend him to anyone. If you need a wedding officiant look no further. Short and Sweet Weddings is who you should go with.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Nicole D

Shelly officiated our wedding and we could not have asked for anyone better! We met Shelly at an open house at our venue and knew immediately she was the person we wanted to officiate our wedding. After going to our meeting with Shelly, presenting our ideas, letting her get to... Read More know us, she wrote a ceremony that made both of us tear up. We wanted a ceremony that was "us" and we also wanted to make sure our guests knew their efforts for their were appreciated. Shelly did that above and beyond! We are so grateful for the beautiful ceremony you wrote and gave, thank you for making our day amazing! Josh and Nicole Davis

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Stephen E

We didn’t spend a lot of time with Scott before our wedding because we were out of town, but he was super flexible to work with and guided us through the process for our ceremony and getting our marriage license with such ease. Our family loved the ceremony, both crying and... Read More laughing at various times. He prepared us for where to stand and what to expect and worked with the photographer to make sure he was not photobombing any of the pics that we would want of just the two of us. We are so happy with Scott of Short and Sweet Weddings and would definitely recommend him for any wedding.