Classy and Fun

At Showcase Sound we realize that your wedding day is the most important and memorable day of your life. When you choose Showcase Sound you will be able to relax knowing we are with you every step of the way. From the planning process to your wedding night we will ensure that your wedding is fun, unique and exactly the way you want it. Showcase Sound is so much more than a DJ company; we are your ambassador to an unforgettable reception. We offer so much more beyond DJ service, from the area’s most fun photo booths to the most creative event lighting and so much more. Whether you’re planning an intimate cocktail party or a high-energy reception, our professional, innovative and dynamic DJs and MCs will make sure your guests have a great time. With our personal touch, high quality sound

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Rentals + Equipment

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

1387 Fairport Road, Rochester, NY (585) 388-1699

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

We used Showcase Sound for our wedding DJ in September and they were TOP NOTCH. We were lucky enough to have Lisa as our DJ and were blown away by her professionalism and responsiveness. Leading up to the wedding she was great to work with and gave us great tips for the night... Read More of, and the day of the wedding she proved to us how much she listened to what we wanted. She played everything on our list, she was only as involved as we asked her to be (a little but not much), she transitioned the music wonderfully and played what made sense for the crowd who was on the dance floor. No weird Club music to old timey music back to club music, if people came out and danced to a song she stuck with the theme to keep them on the floor. I am so happy we went with Lisa and with Showcase Sound, especially after going to a family member's wedding this past weekend who had a more well known named DJ who honestly just didn't do a great job (how he is that highly rated I have no idea). My husband and I both highly recommend Showcaswe Sound, you wont regret it!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Julie S

Not only was Lisa a Dj, but she was like having a wedding planner. She helped keep us on track the day of the wedding and leading up to the wedding. I loved the opportunity to interview djs and pick our own then have a planning session with them later. Lisa kept everyone... Read More involved the whole night!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Danae K

It was a dream to work with Showcase Sound. I was feeling worried about the day, but Lisa helped me go through everything from beginning to end during our pre-wedding conversation, and I realized everything was going to be okay. Nico and Keshawn were our DJs, and they were... Read More superb! I would book Showcase again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Melissa L

My wedding was 9/16/17 and we worked with Lisa Spokany as our DJ. She was so on top of everything. She followed up very quickly when we booked her and when it got down to the wire called me to make sure she had all the information. We gave her some requests and she made sure... Read More they were played but we told her we didn't want to dictate the music. She had the whole dance floor packed all night! I danced almost the whole evening which is exactly what I wanted to do. Thank you so much Lisa for making our night so fun!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Jessica G

So happy with chose Showcase for our wedding DJ, photo booth and up lighting! Lisa is such a wonderful person to work with, every time I spoke with her I felt as if I was the most important bride that she was working with. They offer a DJ selection night where you can meet with... Read More all possible DJ's for your event choose the one that you would prefer for your night. We choose Jason and could not be happier with our choice! He did a great job incorporating the songs we wanted to hear, the requests from our guests and what the party needed to keep energy high. The up lighting was a great addition to our night and added to the party atmosphere. The photo booth was perfect, the provide a photo booth attendant to stay at the booth throughout the night to ensure that everyone gets a chance to take pictures and at the end of the night we got a scrap book where our guests wrote notes to us besides their pictures and we got a flash drive with all the pictures on them!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Hilary Y

We use showcase to DJ our ceremony and also for our photobooth! They're so easy to work with, and very professional! We absolutely loved Lisa and the staff we brought along with her- I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Erika D

My DJ's were Alex and Collin and they were great! They play exactly what songs I wanted and when and they played songs that fit the feel of my guests! Lisa that scheduled my DJ's was also great to work with!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Sara S

Our D.J. Lisa from Showcase Sound was absolutely amazing. She was prompt and professional. She also helped to keep our wedding on track with dances, cake cutting, little games, and more! If it had not been for her I don't think either myself or my husband would have known the... Read More right times to do specific things. Not only did she help us with the timing but she played the best music! I cannot tell you how many compliments we received from ALL of our guests on how amazing the D.J. was. They did not stop playing music from the time they started and they played a mix of music that appealed to all ages that were in attendance. We would recommend Showcase Sound to anyone looking for a D.J.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Emilie S

Extremely happy wit how our wedding turned out!! Everyone is wonderful, so helpful and speedy with responses!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Andrew U

Wow!!!!! Lisa is amazing! Starting with the prompt communication and flexibility leading up to our wedding, Lisa was responsive, thoughtful, and willing to brainstorm with us to help us manifest the dreams we had for our big day. Our wedding could not have been more fun,... Read More beautiful, magical, and all around perfect, and I have to contribute so much of that to the work Lisa did. The first moment after our ceremony when I walked into the tent and saw the bistro lighting that Lisa had hung (and she had to creatively adjust the usual pattern for our unique tent), I was breath taken. The photo booth ran smoothly all night and almost all of our guests utilized its fun! Lisa reminded us to take a minute and get a photo booth picture together, which we appreciated, because it is so easy to get caught up in all the fun. And, the music!!! Lisa and Luis really know how to read a room. From first dance to last dance, the dance floor was full! The songs were such a reflection of us and the few choices we had made, and Lisa took seriously our requests for must plays and do not plays. So many of our guests told us that the wedding just FLOWED, and I have to contribute much of that to Lisa, for keeping the timeline according to plan, and being flexible when we needed to make adjustments. At the end of the night, after the last song, our whole dance floor shouted "ENCORE!!!" I have never heard that shouted at a wedding before, and I think that really speaks to the knowledge, professionalism, and skills that Lisa and her team have. They work hard, stay up late, and maintain genuine enthusiasm and excitement for their clients. Not to mention- I did extensive research on price comparisons before hand and I absolutely could not beat Lisa's deal. So much fun for a phenomenally affordable price! We are so happy to have worked together with Showcase Sound! -Annie & Andy

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Katherine M

Showcase Sound is a real winner of a vendor for your sound and lighting needs. Lisa was easy to work with and really helped to work within our budget to get us what we wanted on our special day. We were able to have a DJ, some lighting, and a Photobooth all for a very reasonable... Read More cost. Everything on the day of the wedding was executed perfectly, and Eddie was amazing as our DJ. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone planning a wedding or event.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Devan G

Lisa and her whole team were amazing! She kept our dance floor completely full the whole time and everyone really had a blast. Our up lighting really transformed the room. She quickly responded to every email even one done the night before and was really flexible to our... Read More schedule. The website they use is very user friendly and allowed us to organize our favorite songs verse some we didn't want to hear at all. I'd highly recommend them for any event!! Thank you again Lisa and your whole team you made my wedding a night we'll never forget :) Devan Greene 5/27/17

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Jenn M

Lisa and Phil met, and exceeded, all of our expectations. We really appreciated the fact that they kept us on track, but at the same time didn't rush us. All week our guests have been telling us how much fun they had at the reception. My wife and I will recommend showcase sound... Read More to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lauren C

Lisa and Grant with Showcase sound were great! Lisa responded so quickly to all of our emails and questions, and Grant was the best DJ! The dance floor was packed the entire time. Affordable and super easy to work with!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Mayra C

Our DJ, Grant, was an absolute blast! We gave him the difficult job of DJing Mexican music (cumbia, corridos, huapango...) along with regular music. He went from one type to the other with an effortless ease and had everyone dancing! I loved it! Grant would check with me from... Read More time to time to make sure everything was going as planned and when it was time for father-daughter dance, bouquet toss...etc. He was cool with changes in songs here and there and was just overall pretty awesome. I like that the company has you fill out a timeline of the evening and an estimate time. You get to pick out the songs, what you're planning to do, and just any little detail. It made us feel very comfortable with the evening as far as the music went. The only reason I give 4 stars instead of 5 was because of a distasteful meeting with Lisa, the owner. Every time my fiance and I had met with her, it was great. We had told her about our concerns of wanting Mexican music and she said that it would be no problem and that they acquire all the music--we would just have to provide a list. When my mom and I met with her (it was like the 4th time chatting with her and the 2nd actual meeting) she was like a completely different person. She told me that she thought I was only going to use like a half dozen of Mexican songs, not hours of it, even though my fiance and I were explicitly clear about it. When I was explaining why I had so many songs she kept interrupting me and mocked me at one point. ( I brought more than needed because I wasn't sure what they would be able to acquire or how much of actual dancing time there would be--factoring first dance, father daughter dance...etc) Overall the meeting was pretty unpleasant, completely changed my view of the company, and I left pretty angry. A weekish before my wedding, I sent my updated list of songs to Lisa. She called a day or so later to verify and was back to her nice self. I have no idea what happened that particular meeting but it was the only time.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Deanna P

Lisa with Showcase sound was great from the first time we met through the night of wedding! She kept the party going until the end of the night and was very personable. I highly recommend Lisa and showcase sound for any event!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Ryan K

Lisa was fantastic. She was very responsive, helped us through the whole process, and on the wedding day was flawless. Showcase handled our ceremony music, uplighting (which was jaw-dropping), hosted an amazing photobooth that comes with your own personal booklet at the end of... Read More the night, and did a great job with as DJ for the evening. The sound was perfect and the volume was perfect (you could still have a conversation with the music playing). During the wedding day, Lisa was directly involved in making sure the day was going great and worked with our wedding coordinator to help keep the day on "schedule". We would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Mandy J

Lisa from showcase sound was awesome! We were planning our wedding from out of town and it was very convenient meeting with her to go over the details via Skype since we weren't always able to make the trip the Rochester. She kept the dancing going and kept us informed on what... Read More was going to happen next. We had asked her to do a 90s "mash up" mix towards the end of the night to close everything out and our guests absolutely loved it! Everyone had great things to say about the music! Thanks Lisa!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Tracy W

Showcase Sound was the perfect fit for our wedding. From the get go we let them know that we had a particular vision in mind for the music and Showcase guided us to Brian. He was exactly what we were looking for. He was enthusiastic, flexible and delivered above and beyond... Read More our expectations. The dance floor was packed all night! We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding.

Awesome!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Raquel S

Lisa is very responsive to emails and questions. Everyone is very friendly, easy to work with. They are definitely focused on smooth transitions and the timeline for the wedding ceremony and reception. Our wedding day was perfect and flowed very smoothly!

Photo booths and up lighting

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Kelly D

Used Showcase Sound for our photo booth and up lighting. Lisa was great to work with. Photo booth came with an attendant and a photo album. Lighting made our venue look great!

September Wedding

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Amanda V

Lisa was very attentive during our meetings with her and our DJ did a great job playing all the songs we requested, everyone had a great time dancing all night.

Showcase Sound is great!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Morgan W

I worked with Lisa to plan our DJ services for our wedding. She was absolutely amazing - very detail oriented and easy to communicate with. She set us up with an online forum to enter our preferences on everything from timeline to must play and do not play lists to how much we... Read More wanted our DJ to interact with our guests. On the day of the wedding we had TWO DJs that more than fufilled our requests. They were professional and organized. We'd recommend Showcase Sound to anyone!!!

Lisa is FABULOUS!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Jessie M

I cannot say enough great things about Lisa and her team at Showcase! As I told Lisa, choosing a DJ was something I was absolutely dreading- we knew we wanted an intimate wedding experience for us and our guests and all I could picture was a spiky haired man leading us in all of... Read More the 90's jock jams (no offense to those who are looking for that experience!) Lisa was perfect from the start- she was SO reassuring and she knew our space so well. I was at ease immediately. Their website was so helpful to my husband and I as we navigated the challenges of choosing first dance songs, parent songs, welcome songs, etc. Lisa's advice, coupled with her awesome website, made it SO much easier for us! What really blew me away though was her helpfulness the night of- my groom and I were making our rounds to tables when I noticed Lisa out of the corner of my eye- she informed me that it was quarter to 9pm and that we should really cut the cake. At first I didn't realize the importance of it until it sank in that it was almost 9pm- meaning we hadn't even started dancing yet and my photographers were set to leave at 9:30pm. I am so thankful for her knowledge and advice in that situation. My groom and I could have easily kept talking to guests until 10pm and I wouldn't have had any photos of the amazing dance party she started! The music was so on point with our desires, the venue atmosphere, and the guests mood! I can't say enough about Lisa and her fabulousness.

Truly Professional DJ company

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Melissa

We used Showcase Sound for our reception- dinner hour and dancing only. They're extremely professional, listen to exactly what the couple wants and are easy to work with. Lisa is super friendly and always efficient when you need to contact her. She was also willing to work... Read More with our budget for the music. Only cons from the evening: the DJ's set up one speaker at the edge of a walkway with the tripod sticking out... which led to several people tripping. (Nobody was injured and the tripod got moved after a few incidences.) The DJ's also were super prompt about leaving at midnight- my husband, our friends, family and myself were ready to party longer and I would've paid for another hour! Regardless of these two things, I still give the company an A for quality, professionalism and attention to detail.