Creative, professional + all about the details

You are about to embark on the exciting task of planning your wedding. How do you start or where do you start? How will your wedding day reflect you both as a couple? Simply Brilliant Events, can help you along the way, making it as an easy process as possible with the selection of vendors, keeping you on track whilst bringing your vision to life. Whether you want full service planning, or little more help, Simpy Brilliant Events can help. It is our aim to assist you throughout this exciting time, work with you both every step of the way, from our very first meeting to when the last guest departs at the reception. It is our aim for you to enjoy your day, whilst being stress free and reflecting who you are and how you both hoped your day would be.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Ashlee O

My husband and I knew that we needed to have a wedding planner throughout the entire wedding process and we both knew Nicola would be the perfect fit for us. She helped my mom plan my sister's wedding back in 2014 and people, to this day, still rave about it. Having Nicola be... Read More apart of our special day was one of the best decisions we could have made. She was so easy to get ahold of and replied to emails/texts/phone calls very promptly. Good communication was very important to me and Nicola provided that throughout our entire year and a half of planning. She took care of everything - she communicated with all the vendors, had a thorough timeline of events, and reminded of me little details that I would have never even thought of. On the day of our wedding, I was so at ease knowing Nicola and her team were there to make our day run as smooth as possible. With a bridal party of 27 people, I was very nervous that the day could become unorganized and chaotic. Because of Nicola and her team, our wedding day was perfect and everything went as planned. I cannot thank Nicola enough for making 12/31/17 the best day of our lives!

2018-01-03T12:48:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, love planning any weddings for your family. Always stunning and so much fun. Cannot wait to see the images and video, they will be amazing I am sure. Keep in touch!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Katie B

Nicola is simply brilliant!! Working with Nicola for a wedding is the best wedding gift a bride could ever receive. She is a constant resource that over and over provides the best guidance and advice you could ever hope for. She has all the answers and works tireless to make... Read More sure your day is perfect and your vision is fully seen through from start to finish. She has an ever present calm about her that is contagious. You never worry with Nicola because she has it all under control. Nicola, thank you for everything! We are so lucky to have worked with you!!

2017-10-23T16:04:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words, it is always appreciated when one of my lovely brides shares their love for Simply Brilliant Events. This is why I work so hard for my couples.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Yuhao G

Since we and my husband are not from the United States, we were a little nervous about the wedding planning process here but Nicola and Amanda just did it as perfect as it could be. Nicola and Amanda were so helpful for the wedding! The wedding would not be so perfect without... Read More them. I was out of the state and in school when trying to plan this wedding. After a short talk with Nicola, I found she's a really organized and responsible person so we decided to have her help planning the wedding. Nicola kept me on a schedule and gave me reminders and helped us a lot on finding vendors and negotiate with them. Both Nicola and Amanda were also very creative in giving ideas about the theme and activities for the wedding. They were very cultural competent and did research on our culture to give our suggestions. I really appreciate it! At the wedding, Amanda did a great job in collaborating all activities and coordinate vendors, families, friends, etc. which helped me a LOT on the wedding day so I could enjoy my big day:). Definitely the best wedding planners ever!

2017-10-19T09:25:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you A&H at Simply Brilliant Events love to plan weddings from different cultures and find out everything we can to make your day as special as we can. The perfect day for such a lovely couple.

Reviewed on 1/27/2018 Ezra Z

Using Simply Brilliant Events for our Month of Wedding services was the best decision we made while planning our wedding. With us living in NYC it was amazing to have someone on the ground in Michigan who we could consult with as we put together our wedding. Nicola's knowledge... Read More of the wedding scene in Ann Arbor was extremely valuable leading up to the wedding weekend. Then Ashley's experience and amazing attention to detail on the day of made the day of our wedding go as smoothly as we could have ever imagined. Throughout the whole process Nicola and Ashley were there to help and made the process extremely easy. We were referred to Nicola by another couple who had a similarly fantastic experience and we can't thank them enough. From the intro on, she were always very responsive and easy to work with. Using the easy online system helped us to make sure we had everything in place leading up to the day. When the day arrived, Ashley masterfully executed our vision even when everything didn't go exactly as planned. Having someone we could count on throughout the entire day who took care of all the little details helped to make it the best night of our lives. We cannot thank Nicola and Ashley enough for all of the amazing work they did for our special day.

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Emily R

I am so glad that I had Simply Brilliant Events help with our wedding. I was feeling very overwhelmed with all of the details, and Nicola was highly responsive in answering my questions. I appreciated her candor in helping me choose other vendors for the wedding as well. The... Read More day of planner, Ashley, was also great. I did not worry about a thing on my wedding day because I knew Ashley was taking care of every last detail. Thank you, Nicola and Ashley, for making our day run so smoothly!

2017-12-02T11:14:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and so happy that you and Anthony had a wonderful wedding day. Can't wait to see the photos!!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017

Flawless ceremony and reception thanks to Nicola and her special talent. She was irreplaceable and kept the events of the evening flowing, giving me peace of mind. Amazing!

2017-12-01T17:48:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much of the kind words. Always appreciate them and makes me so happy when my couples are happy!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Mary M

Nicola did a great job organizing our wedding day! She was very professional, responsive to emails, and easy to get along with. She did well taking charge at our rehearsal and ensuring everyone knew where to be and when. She stored all of the ceremony and reception supplies in... Read More her car overnight and then distributed them to the appropriate locations and set everything up on the wedding day. She made a good timeline for the day that helped us stay on track with all the events planned. Overall we are very happy we had Nicola as our wedding planner!

2017-11-07T09:05:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you, it was such a fun day despite the rain! Hope you enjoy your one year anniversary cake?

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Bethany W

Nicola helped make all of our wedding dreams come true! We initially sat down with her to discuss ‘day of coordinating service’, but after meeting her and realizing how much we were getting ready to take on, we knew we needed to hire her for ‘full-service coordination’. As... Read More someone who was working full-time, trying to plan a warehouse wedding where everything had to be brought in, It quickly became overwhelming before we hired Nicola! The event wouldn’t have been do-able without the help of her and her assistant. Nicola gave great recommendations for vendors to work with when we didn’t have someone particular in mind. There were SEVERAL barriers we had to overcome during the wedding process and we changed our mind SEVERAL times on the ceremony location, and every time I got in touch with Nicola about it, she was patient, positive and always gave advice/input. She put together multiple floorplans and was great about following up when other vendors would not return my calls. She came to all of the walk thru appointments and was able to meet in person when we held meetings to talk about the wedding. The day of the rehearsal she was there ready to help get everything set up and also helped our rehearsal run smoothly. My sister officiated our wedding and this was her first one and Nicola was able to give her some etiquette advice. The day of the wedding was completely stress free for myself, my mom, and my husband because Nicola and her staff were on site to take care of everything that came up. I would highly recommend Nicola and her team for any and all wedding planning services; you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Stephanie S

After planning plenty of work events, I knew that for our wedding, a coordinator was a must have to take care of all the small details and people moving. Our wedding was non-traditional to say the least, and we put in a ton of effort on the front end to make sure our day was a... Read More true reflection of us. Our goal was to be simple, so just the name Simply Brilliant fit well. When we first found Nicola, we were in a panic about finding a venue. She was helpful in providing suggestions, and then meeting with our dream venue when it was finally secured. We moved forward with a month of/day of contract with Simply Brilliant. Nicola was kind, patient and organized throughout the process. We met twice, she reviewed the vendor contracts we secured and we were thrilled to use aisle planner to keep all the details in one place. On the day of, she picked up all our decorations, made sure the room was set up beautifully and most importantly, reminded us to eat! She was knowledgeable about all the potential challenges a couple faces on their wedding day and was thoughtful in taking special care of us as well as our guests. While our day turned out wonderfully thanks to Simply Brilliant, and there were a few specific takeaways from our experience: (1) we were clear about our vision and desire to have a non-traditional wedding, however at times Nicola made dismissive comments about our choices; (2) we had to deal with vendor issues days before the wedding that could easily have been addressed earlier with more foresight and attention from Simply Brilliant; (3) many of the day-of details felt through the cracks leaving us along with my mother/my friends to tie up loose ends, particularly at the end of the wedding when we, along with our friends, were left to pack up last minute items in our car and drive it back to the hotel; (4) upon bringing these issues to her attention, Nicola sent a series of emails in response that ended with “I wish you had talked to me about these on the day, you both seemed very happy.” To us, the final moments of our wedding is the wrong time and place to discuss issues with a vendor. We found this unprofessional and ultimately negatively impacted our impression of Simply Brilliant.

2017-10-23T16:02:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for you review and for your thoughts on the service you received from Simply Brilliant Events. I have addressed these issues with you privately and I am so sorry that you were not 100% happy with the service you received from Simply Brilliant... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Katie K

We chose the month-of planning with Nicola and it was the best investment I spent. She helped us with an overall plan, let me deal with the details, listened to all of my concerns throughout the entire year of planning and got into the details within the last 2 months. She... Read More delivered on more than just a wedding itinerary, she provided advice when I didn't know how to handle vendors, support when I was having difficulties dealing with family expectations and a plan fit for a queen to ensure that everything was taken care of throughout the entire rehearsal, wedding day and clean-up. The quality of service was beyond what I ever expected!

2017-10-17T07:40:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much it was beautiful and I have just selected my favorite images from all the amazing images, amazing. You both look so happy, happy heart!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Kelsey G

Nicola was super helpful throughout the entire planning process. My groom and I started the planning process in another state so having her, especially in the beginning, was amazing. She made sure that we chose our large vendors immediately so that when we got closer to the... Read More wedding there was only the smaller things to worry about. The month before my wedding was actually the least stressed I felt throughout the entire process due to knowing Nicola was handling things and she made sure we had most of it done early. She was also great dealing with my mom and all the different opinions being shouted.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Kory S

Nicola and her staff are AMAZING! My husband and I had the most perfect wedding day and it was because we had Nicola to help plan every detail and execute a flawless day! Even from our initial phone consultation, I could tell that she was someone I could trust with all the... Read More logistics of our wedding. We hired her first for the Month of Services but realized that we would need help for the whole planning process and hired her full time. She is detailed oriented and did not miss one single element! She provided Aisle Planner which is an extremely helpful tool that she uses. Aisle Planner was helpful in the way that everyone was on the same page. She went the extra mile to make sure that everything was accounted for and that our day would be more than what we had imagined. She is also extremely personable and down-to-earth. Her professionalism is admirable, too! Her responsiveness to our email and phone correspondence was so quick, and always accurate, we never felt alone! Nicola and her team were the ones behind the scene on our wedding day that made everything possible. We gave them SO much decor to set up, and they made it all look so beautiful, just like a fairy tale! ​Throughout the night, Nicola kept track of us and made sure we had whatever we needed. Nicola will exceed all of your expectations, she will fight for you to make sure you're getting great deals, and she will coach you through every step of the way. With her, you are in great hands and literally have nothing to worry about. I could not have picked a better coordinator; she made all of our dreams come true!

2017-10-23T16:07:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you J&K, I am so glad you decided to use full service planning from Simply Brilliant Events. You were one of the nicest and sweetest couples I have worked with, even with family dynamics and other issues and of course the rain!!! It didn't... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Lauren H

I don't even know where to start here. Nicola with Simply Brilliant Events is....simply brilliant! If you are looking for a planner in Michigan, look no further. Nicola is professional, polite, respectful, organized, knowledgeable, prepared, flexible and willing to roll with the... Read More punches. For example: say when the bride wants to wear an inflatable T-Rex costume to surprise the groom, Nicola goes for it! We hired Nicola for her "Month Of" package, where she starts planning and organizing our wedding with us about 6 weeks before the date. She set us up with a planning website that kept us organized and on track. Even though we had hired her for just before the wedding, I was still able to ask questions about invite etiquette or if I needed assistance with vendor contracts; she was happy to help and was quick to respond. If we could afford it, I'd have a wedding once a year, just to be able to hang out and plan a smashing party with Nicola at the helm! Thank you again for your outstanding service, professionalism and your ability to laugh along with us.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lauren M

Nicola is a fantastic wedding planner. She made it relatively easy and fun for us - while living in Europe and both working full-time - to have an amazing wedding day from start to finish. Nicola managed our indecisiveness by seemingly intuitively understanding our wants and... Read More needs and providing guidance and suitable recommendations for vendors, linens, design, etc.! The Aisle Planner software was an added bonus that helped keep us on track. She was extremely flexible, as most of our meetings took place over Skype with a six-hour time difference. Additionally, she went above and beyond working with our venue’s very specific regulations. Simply put, Nicola brilliantly got the job done for us – and we have and will continue to recommend her to family, friends, acquaintances, even strangers!

2017-07-17T13:07:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you it was such fun working with you both and I know how difficult it when you do not live in the country you are getting married in. Loved the favors, Swiss chocolate is the best!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Caitlin P

If there is one piece of advice I could give to a future bride it would be to hire a wedding planner. My husband and I live in NYC and his Aunt offered their lake house on Maceday Lake for our ceremony. We wanted to be as thrifty as could be for our wedding and I dismissed the... Read More idea of getting a wedding planner because I though that would be an unnecessary cost. After trying to plan a wedding in a town I’ve never been to and three nervous breakdowns where I very seriously suggested to my husband that we should elope to save my sanity and lose the deposits on the vendors we had already booked, he suggested we get a wedding planner. I looked at every bridal site to find the best of the best, and we Skyped with 4 different planners. I knew Nicola would be the one as soon as we spoke to her. She is the perfect mixture of professional and kind. It was truly a joy working with her and I wish we would have gotten Nicola from the beginning! We ended up getting her month planning services, which worked out perfectly for us, but if I could do it all over again I would have gotten her full service so she could help right at the start. The ceremony we had was very DIY and Nicola was essential in thinking of the details my husband or I never thought of. There is a really great website included (AislePlanner) that you can start putting all the information in so it is in one place. The biggest reason you should hire Nicola is piece of mind. After meeting with her a month before the wedding I stopped panicking about all the details and started looking forward to it. I would recommend her and her incredibly thoughtful and capable assistants (we had Amanda and Stephanie help out at ours) to any couple getting married, not just a DIY wedding. It really made all the difference to know that my husband and I didn’t have to stress about the details on our big day and that our family didn’t have to do any work either. She will save you money and tears. Do yourself a HUGE favor and get her services immediately.

2017-06-20T12:52:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such fun planning your day. I have never laughed so much as I did at your wedding. You were so funny and your bridal party of course. The photos Marci sent me, captured your personalities... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Amanda D

We used Amanda as a day of planner from Simply Brilliant (Nicola was already booked that day), and we were SUPER satisfied with her. She took care of everything we asked from her on the day of. Even though there were some minor hiccups she took care of them without me ever... Read More knowing! Loved her, and would highly recommend!

2017-06-11T14:04:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, we had so much fun planning your wedding at Waldenwoods.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Lauren W

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was fantastic. We used her “month of” planning package, which was just was we needed. Nicola created a very detailed wedding weekend timeline for us (and all of our vendors) and served as our coordinator on the day of the wedding (she also... Read More attended rehearsal). She was also available for a year leading up to the event to answer any planning questions we had via email. On the day of, Nicola’s help was absolutely invaluable in coordinating the venue set-up and décor, communicating with all the other vendors, timing of everything from first look to first dance, and handling any unforeseen issues that came up. Nicola gave us the opportunity to just relax and enjoy the wedding and know that everything was in good hands. I cannot recommend her services enough.

2017-06-01T17:25:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren and Josh, it was such fun working with you both. So pleased you had the best day ever.

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Maggie W

Planning a wedding is one of the most fun & wonderful times of your life, but it is also frustrating & expensive. The little details you promised you wouldn’t care about become important & suddenly you’ve lost track of time, purpose & your check book. Planning a wedding should... Read More not be about one day, but rather, the rest of your life. Nicola helped us regain our focus & remember this day is about us. Our love, our commitment, our future. I found Simply Brilliant Events while researching wedding planners on TheKnot. I had interviewed 2 planners before I found Nicola. I watched one of her videos & was instantly attracted to her lovely accent. I expected her to be the Mary Poppins of wedding planning. She is so much more! Michael & I chose to work with SBE for multiple reasons. After our interview, I truly believed she had an invested interest in us & I trusted her. I had numerous concerns. Will I need to hand over all control? Can a planner maintain our wedding vision? This day is about us. It was important for our wedding be uniquely us, not a cookie cutter wedding of some planners go to vision. It was also important my planner not receive kick-backs from vendors. I wanted to make sure when we asked for a photographer, videographer, florist etc we were receiving the best options, not ones with any financial incentives. Nicola addressed all my concerns up front & helped us in so many ways, including keeping my sanity intact! I have listed a few ways SBE helped us stay calm & focus on what is most important; our relationship. 1. She kept us organized. I forwarded all contracts to Nicola. She kept them available in case we needed to refer to 1 for any reason. Most vendors contacted Nicola directly when they had questions, which was great. Whenever I received an email regarding wedding info I would either forward it to Nicola & she would respond, or I would cc her & she would update them if I missed something. 2. She kept us on track with a detailed to-do-list using aisle planner. 3. She managed our time appropriately. Ex: When we went to look for linens Nicola arrived before us & selected a few options she thought we might like. We looked around a bit, but ended up going with the first 1 she put down. 4. She worked on our schedule. I would send a list of times Michael & I were available to meet & she would take care of contacting the vendors & scheduling appointments 5. She helped us create a wedding that was true to us & our personalities. I envisioned a winter wedding with navy & gold, with a timeless, classic, romantic feel, but not stuffy. I had no idea how to make that happen, but Nicola did. We worked together to find florals, linens, décor etc. that matched our theme & personalities. Our wedding was more immaculate than we could have ever imagined. 2 of the most wonderful things about working with Nicola are her flexibility & patients. I would find something I liked on Pinterest one day & the next something completely different. She rolled with it, but also kept me focused. She would recommend option A over B for X & Y reasons, but ultimately let us make the final decision. I highly recommend Nicola to anyone I know planning a wedding. It is very difficult to express in words the amount of adoration & respect we have for Nicola. We are forever indebted to her & the services she provided to us.

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Kathy L

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was so wonderful in helping make our wedding day everything we wanted it to be. Without her help it would not have gone nearly so smoothly - she really made it all come together!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 LaVaughn P

I used Nicola Wilson to help plan and carry out my daughter's wedding. She was delightful to work with - professional, caring, dependable and expertly skilled. She provided excellent advice and vendor recommendations. I appreciated her calm manner, partnership and trusted that... Read More the wedding would be beautiful....and it was! Thank you, Nicola!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 LaVaughn P

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lauren Z

Nicola was great. She was great to work with, I felt like she always made time to meet and was reasonably priced and up front with costs. She knows a lot of great vendors which took a ton of work out of the planning process for me. The vendors she knows also give her clients... Read More great deals because they love working with her and love the referrals they get. The florist she suggested for me is someone who did the most amazing job. She is always double checking and making sure the vendors get good reviews to because she wants to ensure she is always recommending the best. She was there on the day handling everything which allowed me to enjoy, I did not have to think about anything on my day. She also makes a detailed time line and adjusts it for each person ( the bride, bridesmaids, groomsmen, family etc) so that each important group had specific detailed instructions on what to do. There was also a sheet for each vendor. She gives access to a website at no additional charge with helpful tools to plan a seating chart, put in meal choice, find inspiration, manage the budget etc. She also makes sure you are within budget and keeps you on track if that is something you need. She is great at taking anything off your plate you need help with but also not taking over so I still felt like I chose and controlled everything. She has a lot of great questions and comments during vendor meetings which she will attend with you if you hire her as a full time planner. I overall just loved working with her I think she is great at what she does and I couldn't imagine planning my wedding without her!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lea L

My husband and I used SBE as our day-of coordinator. Their team did a wonderful job & we would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Melinda W

Simply Brilliant Events helped us plan our October 2016 "Housewarming Party/Surprise Wedding". Nicola and Dawn were very professional, prompt with responses to questions, offered suggestions for vendors, met at our home (event locations) on several occasions. Our situation was... Read More unique and we found their services most helpful the day before and day of "acting as catering" until the surprised was revealed. Dawn spent 8 hours at our home doing everything I asked of her. We highly recommend Simply Brilliant Events!

2016-10-23T05:32:57 Response from the vendor

So pleased that the surprise wedding went well, even your mom's did not guess! Congrats to you both.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Megan C

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was outstanding. She did full planning service for my wedding in September and I couldn't have picked a more perfect person to help me plan. Originally I wanted someone to just help me when the day of but then the more I started to look at... Read More vendors and coordinators, the more I wanted a full service planner. This helped me maintain my professional and personal schedule while at the same time still have first and final say in my wedding planning process. I had a clear vision on what I wanted our ceremony and reception to look like and Nicola helped me achieve just that. She made the entire planning process easy and lead me through to each vendor and decision with ease. She is the reason why I really enjoyed the entire planning process. I had some crazy ideas, things that haven't ever been done before at weddings or maybe done differently, and she made them happen. Most importantly, she was always on my team. That was so crucial for me as a bride because its such a high pressure time. as a bride you get a lot of stress from your family, friends, groom and grooms family and friends, and its hard to tell them all no or get your opinion in. Nicola always made me the first priority and would always ask me "what do YOU want?". She kept my wants and needs a priority and that was so helpful during the entire process. The other thing that I loved about Nicola when I first met her was her charm and professionalism. I knew she was the perfect planner for me because she really genuinely loved planning weddings. She did it all day everyday, and she has vast experience, so that's what really made my decision so easy! My wedding was to die for and Nicola and her team were Simply Brilliant!

2016-10-10T10:41:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the many kind words. We for sure did a few different things, but they all turn out amazing. My brides are always my #1 priority! Can't wait to see the video and photographs.

Nicola Wilson

It is the love story, getting to know you both, creating the perfect details and gracefully taking you through your wedding day. All of these are what gives me joy and gives me my passion for every single wedding that I have planned and executed perfectly. I have been in the events industry for many years. First in London, UK in corporate event planning and now in Michigan, planning weddings from the very small intimate affairs to the large fabulous weddings and many weddings in between. I want to hear more about your love story, every single detail!