Simply Brilliant Events

You are about to embark on the exciting task of planning your wedding. How do you start or where do you start? How will your wedding day reflect you both as a couple? Simply Brilliant Events, can help you along the way, making it as an easy process as possible with the selection of vendors, keeping you on track whilst bringing your vision to life. Whether you want full service planning, or little more help, Simpy Brilliant Events can help. It is our aim to assist you throughout this exciting time, work with you both every step of the way, from our very first meeting to when the last guest departs at the reception. It is our aim for you to enjoy your day, whilst being stress free and reflecting who you are and how you both hoped your day would be.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Megan C

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was outstanding. She did full planning service for my wedding in September and I couldn't have picked a more perfect person to help me plan. Originally I wanted someone to just help me when the day of but then the more I started to look at... Read More vendors and coordinators, the more I wanted a full service planner. This helped me maintain my professional and personal schedule while at the same time still have first and final say in my wedding planning process. I had a clear vision on what I wanted our ceremony and reception to look like and Nicola helped me achieve just that. She made the entire planning process easy and lead me through to each vendor and decision with ease. She is the reason why I really enjoyed the entire planning process. I had some crazy ideas, things that haven't ever been done before at weddings or maybe done differently, and she made them happen. Most importantly, she was always on my team. That was so crucial for me as a bride because its such a high pressure time. as a bride you get a lot of stress from your family, friends, groom and grooms family and friends, and its hard to tell them all no or get your opinion in. Nicola always made me the first priority and would always ask me "what do YOU want?". She kept my wants and needs a priority and that was so helpful during the entire process. The other thing that I loved about Nicola when I first met her was her charm and professionalism. I knew she was the perfect planner for me because she really genuinely loved planning weddings. She did it all day everyday, and she has vast experience, so that's what really made my decision so easy! My wedding was to die for and Nicola and her team were Simply Brilliant!

2016-10-10T10:41:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the many kind words. We for sure did a few different things, but they all turn out amazing. My brides are always my #1 priority! Can't wait to see the video and photographs.

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Maggie W

Planning a wedding is one of the most fun & wonderful times of your life, but it is also frustrating & expensive. The little details you promised you wouldn’t care about become important & suddenly you’ve lost track of time, purpose & your check book. Planning a wedding should... Read More not be about one day, but rather, the rest of your life. Nicola helped us regain our focus & remember this day is about us. Our love, our commitment, our future. I found Simply Brilliant Events while researching wedding planners on TheKnot. I had interviewed 2 planners before I found Nicola. I watched one of her videos & was instantly attracted to her lovely accent. I expected her to be the Mary Poppins of wedding planning. She is so much more! Michael & I chose to work with SBE for multiple reasons. After our interview, I truly believed she had an invested interest in us & I trusted her. I had numerous concerns. Will I need to hand over all control? Can a planner maintain our wedding vision? This day is about us. It was important for our wedding be uniquely us, not a cookie cutter wedding of some planners go to vision. It was also important my planner not receive kick-backs from vendors. I wanted to make sure when we asked for a photographer, videographer, florist etc we were receiving the best options, not ones with any financial incentives. Nicola addressed all my concerns up front & helped us in so many ways, including keeping my sanity intact! I have listed a few ways SBE helped us stay calm & focus on what is most important; our relationship. 1. She kept us organized. I forwarded all contracts to Nicola. She kept them available in case we needed to refer to 1 for any reason. Most vendors contacted Nicola directly when they had questions, which was great. Whenever I received an email regarding wedding info I would either forward it to Nicola & she would respond, or I would cc her & she would update them if I missed something. 2. She kept us on track with a detailed to-do-list using aisle planner. 3. She managed our time appropriately. Ex: When we went to look for linens Nicola arrived before us & selected a few options she thought we might like. We looked around a bit, but ended up going with the first 1 she put down. 4. She worked on our schedule. I would send a list of times Michael & I were available to meet & she would take care of contacting the vendors & scheduling appointments 5. She helped us create a wedding that was true to us & our personalities. I envisioned a winter wedding with navy & gold, with a timeless, classic, romantic feel, but not stuffy. I had no idea how to make that happen, but Nicola did. We worked together to find florals, linens, décor etc. that matched our theme & personalities. Our wedding was more immaculate than we could have ever imagined. 2 of the most wonderful things about working with Nicola are her flexibility & patients. I would find something I liked on Pinterest one day & the next something completely different. She rolled with it, but also kept me focused. She would recommend option A over B for X & Y reasons, but ultimately let us make the final decision. I highly recommend Nicola to anyone I know planning a wedding. It is very difficult to express in words the amount of adoration & respect we have for Nicola. We are forever indebted to her & the services she provided to us.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Cassidy K

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was absolutely amazing! I can't say enough good things about her and the works she does. At first I had thought maybe I could do all of the planning on my own, but after getting a referral from a close friend, I contacted Nicola and I'm so glad... Read More that I did. There is no way I could have planned our dream wedding without her. Everything turned out perfectly and having her alleviated so much of the stress beforehand and on the day of the wedding. From early on, Nicola met with us multiple times to get an idea of the look I was going for as well as get to know us. She is extremely organized and somehow manages to keep all of the details straight. With our wedding being almost two hours from home, she traveled to the other side of the state with us to meet with various vendors. She knows all of the right questions to ask and makes sure you're not missing anything important. She was always very easy to get in contact with and always answered questions quickly. She is very knowledgeable about the whole wedding industry and has relationships with reliable vendors that she can put you in contact with or help facilitate. The couple months leading up to the wedding, Nicola had a timeline constructed that was down to the minute. Every detail was accounted for. She organized and coordinated all of the vendors and met with me several times to make sure we weren’t missing anything and that she had everything straight. There are so many details I never would have thought of if it weren’t for Nicola. Stress levels were high on the day of the wedding due to weather and the wedding being outside. Nicola handled everything with grace and calmness. Fifteen minutes before the ceremony was scheduled to start, as people were arriving, she asked me if I wanted to go ahead and have the ceremony under the reception tent or delay ten minutes and hope that the rain stopped. We delayed and somehow miraculously the clouds parted, and the sun peaked through as I walked down the aisle. But during that time, Nicola and her team had been out there quickly drying seats for the guests and making sure all of the decorations were put out. We got so many compliments all night and several people telling us that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Nicola played such a big role in that and we couldn’t be more appreciative of all that she did for us. It was such a relief knowing that she was behind the scenes making sure everything ran smoothly. It allowed us to enjoy our special day with friends and family. Her expertise was invaluable to us and we were so grateful to have her guidance in every detail. She helped my husband and I create a day that we will remember and cherish forever. She was so amazing to work with and I would highly recommend her services!!!

2016-10-10T10:44:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely comments. I truly enjoyed working with you and your mom throughout the whole planning process. Can't wait to see the video and images.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Katie K

We chose the month-of planning with Nicola and it was the best investment I spent. She helped us with an overall plan, let me deal with the details, listened to all of my concerns throughout the entire year of planning and got into the details within the last 2 months. She... Read More delivered on more than just a wedding itinerary, she provided advice when I didn't know how to handle vendors, support when I was having difficulties dealing with family expectations and a plan fit for a queen to ensure that everything was taken care of throughout the entire rehearsal, wedding day and clean-up. The quality of service was beyond what I ever expected!

2017-10-17T07:40:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much it was beautiful and I have just selected my favorite images from all the amazing images, amazing. You both look so happy, happy heart!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Kelsey G

Nicola was super helpful throughout the entire planning process. My groom and I started the planning process in another state so having her, especially in the beginning, was amazing. She made sure that we chose our large vendors immediately so that when we got closer to the... Read More wedding there was only the smaller things to worry about. The month before my wedding was actually the least stressed I felt throughout the entire process due to knowing Nicola was handling things and she made sure we had most of it done early. She was also great dealing with my mom and all the different opinions being shouted.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Kory S

Nicola and her staff are AMAZING! My husband and I had the most perfect wedding day and it was because we had Nicola to help plan every detail and execute a flawless day! Even from our initial phone consultation, I could tell that she was someone I could trust with all the... Read More logistics of our wedding. We hired her first for the Month of Services but realized that we would need help for the whole planning process and hired her full time. She is detailed oriented and did not miss one single element! She provided Aisle Planner which is an extremely helpful tool that she uses. Aisle Planner was helpful in the way that everyone was on the same page. She went the extra mile to make sure that everything was accounted for and that our day would be more than what we had imagined. She is also extremely personable and down-to-earth. Her professionalism is admirable, too! Her responsiveness to our email and phone correspondence was so quick, and always accurate, we never felt alone! Nicola and her team were the ones behind the scene on our wedding day that made everything possible. We gave them SO much decor to set up, and they made it all look so beautiful, just like a fairy tale! ​Throughout the night, Nicola kept track of us and made sure we had whatever we needed. Nicola will exceed all of your expectations, she will fight for you to make sure you're getting great deals, and she will coach you through every step of the way. With her, you are in great hands and literally have nothing to worry about. I could not have picked a better coordinator; she made all of our dreams come true!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Lauren H

I don't even know where to start here. Nicola with Simply Brilliant Events is....simply brilliant! If you are looking for a planner in Michigan, look no further. Nicola is professional, polite, respectful, organized, knowledgeable, prepared, flexible and willing to roll with the... Read More punches. For example: say when the bride wants to wear an inflatable T-Rex costume to surprise the groom, Nicola goes for it! We hired Nicola for her "Month Of" package, where she starts planning and organizing our wedding with us about 6 weeks before the date. She set us up with a planning website that kept us organized and on track. Even though we had hired her for just before the wedding, I was still able to ask questions about invite etiquette or if I needed assistance with vendor contracts; she was happy to help and was quick to respond. If we could afford it, I'd have a wedding once a year, just to be able to hang out and plan a smashing party with Nicola at the helm! Thank you again for your outstanding service, professionalism and your ability to laugh along with us.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lauren M

Nicola is a fantastic wedding planner. She made it relatively easy and fun for us - while living in Europe and both working full-time - to have an amazing wedding day from start to finish. Nicola managed our indecisiveness by seemingly intuitively understanding our wants and... Read More needs and providing guidance and suitable recommendations for vendors, linens, design, etc.! The Aisle Planner software was an added bonus that helped keep us on track. She was extremely flexible, as most of our meetings took place over Skype with a six-hour time difference. Additionally, she went above and beyond working with our venue’s very specific regulations. Simply put, Nicola brilliantly got the job done for us – and we have and will continue to recommend her to family, friends, acquaintances, even strangers!

2017-07-17T13:07:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you it was such fun working with you both and I know how difficult it when you do not live in the country you are getting married in. Loved the favors, Swiss chocolate is the best!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Caitlin P

If there is one piece of advice I could give to a future bride it would be to hire a wedding planner. My husband and I live in NYC and his Aunt offered their lake house on Maceday Lake for our ceremony. We wanted to be as thrifty as could be for our wedding and I dismissed the... Read More idea of getting a wedding planner because I though that would be an unnecessary cost. After trying to plan a wedding in a town I’ve never been to and three nervous breakdowns where I very seriously suggested to my husband that we should elope to save my sanity and lose the deposits on the vendors we had already booked, he suggested we get a wedding planner. I looked at every bridal site to find the best of the best, and we Skyped with 4 different planners. I knew Nicola would be the one as soon as we spoke to her. She is the perfect mixture of professional and kind. It was truly a joy working with her and I wish we would have gotten Nicola from the beginning! We ended up getting her month planning services, which worked out perfectly for us, but if I could do it all over again I would have gotten her full service so she could help right at the start. The ceremony we had was very DIY and Nicola was essential in thinking of the details my husband or I never thought of. There is a really great website included (AislePlanner) that you can start putting all the information in so it is in one place. The biggest reason you should hire Nicola is piece of mind. After meeting with her a month before the wedding I stopped panicking about all the details and started looking forward to it. I would recommend her and her incredibly thoughtful and capable assistants (we had Amanda and Stephanie help out at ours) to any couple getting married, not just a DIY wedding. It really made all the difference to know that my husband and I didn’t have to stress about the details on our big day and that our family didn’t have to do any work either. She will save you money and tears. Do yourself a HUGE favor and get her services immediately.

2017-06-20T12:52:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such fun planning your day. I have never laughed so much as I did at your wedding. You were so funny and your bridal party of course. The photos Marci sent me, captured your personalities... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Amanda D

We used Amanda as a day of planner from Simply Brilliant (Nicola was already booked that day), and we were SUPER satisfied with her. She took care of everything we asked from her on the day of. Even though there were some minor hiccups she took care of them without me ever... Read More knowing! Loved her, and would highly recommend!

2017-06-11T14:04:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, we had so much fun planning your wedding at Waldenwoods.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Lauren W

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was fantastic. We used her “month of” planning package, which was just was we needed. Nicola created a very detailed wedding weekend timeline for us (and all of our vendors) and served as our coordinator on the day of the wedding (she also... Read More attended rehearsal). She was also available for a year leading up to the event to answer any planning questions we had via email. On the day of, Nicola’s help was absolutely invaluable in coordinating the venue set-up and décor, communicating with all the other vendors, timing of everything from first look to first dance, and handling any unforeseen issues that came up. Nicola gave us the opportunity to just relax and enjoy the wedding and know that everything was in good hands. I cannot recommend her services enough.

2017-06-01T17:25:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren and Josh, it was such fun working with you both. So pleased you had the best day ever.

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Kathy L

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was so wonderful in helping make our wedding day everything we wanted it to be. Without her help it would not have gone nearly so smoothly - she really made it all come together!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 LaVaughn P

I used Nicola Wilson to help plan and carry out my daughter's wedding. She was delightful to work with - professional, caring, dependable and expertly skilled. She provided excellent advice and vendor recommendations. I appreciated her calm manner, partnership and trusted that... Read More the wedding would be beautiful....and it was! Thank you, Nicola!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 LaVaughn P

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lauren Z

Nicola was great. She was great to work with, I felt like she always made time to meet and was reasonably priced and up front with costs. She knows a lot of great vendors which took a ton of work out of the planning process for me. The vendors she knows also give her clients... Read More great deals because they love working with her and love the referrals they get. The florist she suggested for me is someone who did the most amazing job. She is always double checking and making sure the vendors get good reviews to because she wants to ensure she is always recommending the best. She was there on the day handling everything which allowed me to enjoy, I did not have to think about anything on my day. She also makes a detailed time line and adjusts it for each person ( the bride, bridesmaids, groomsmen, family etc) so that each important group had specific detailed instructions on what to do. There was also a sheet for each vendor. She gives access to a website at no additional charge with helpful tools to plan a seating chart, put in meal choice, find inspiration, manage the budget etc. She also makes sure you are within budget and keeps you on track if that is something you need. She is great at taking anything off your plate you need help with but also not taking over so I still felt like I chose and controlled everything. She has a lot of great questions and comments during vendor meetings which she will attend with you if you hire her as a full time planner. I overall just loved working with her I think she is great at what she does and I couldn't imagine planning my wedding without her!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lea L

My husband and I used SBE as our day-of coordinator. Their team did a wonderful job & we would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Melinda W

Simply Brilliant Events helped us plan our October 2016 "Housewarming Party/Surprise Wedding". Nicola and Dawn were very professional, prompt with responses to questions, offered suggestions for vendors, met at our home (event locations) on several occasions. Our situation was... Read More unique and we found their services most helpful the day before and day of "acting as catering" until the surprised was revealed. Dawn spent 8 hours at our home doing everything I asked of her. We highly recommend Simply Brilliant Events!

2016-10-23T05:32:57 Response from the vendor

So pleased that the surprise wedding went well, even your mom's did not guess! Congrats to you both.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Joslyn K

My husband and I were married in MI, but we live in MD. When we started planning our wedding, we quickly realized we were going to need some help. I found Simply Brilliant Events while searching different websites online. Although I wasn't sure if everyone saw the vision we... Read More had for our wedding, I knew she would work hard to do everything I needed. Her strong work ethic and constant communication kept me on my toes and kept reconfirming that we had made the correct choice in hiring Nicola. The day of the wedding was overwhelming for everyone. Nicola and her staff had their work cut out for them. They pulled it off brilliantly with patience and control. Thanks to Nicola, all of the hiccups that occurred throughout our day, which are bound to happen, were handled quickly and quietly. I could not recommend Simply Brilliant Events enough to anyone, both in-state and out-of-state, to help plan their wedding. Thanks!!!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Alaina D

My husband and I used Nicola as our day-of coordinator. When we got engaged, I never would have thought a coordinator was a necessity, but my aunt recommended Nicola. I AM SO GLAD SHE DID. I cannot imagine my wedding day without Nicola. She was an invaluable part of our... Read More experience. She was the main source of organization at our rehearsal. Additionally, on the wedding day I felt so comfortable leaving everything in her hands. It turned out exactly how I wanted it! Thank you so much for everything, Nicola.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

One of the most important aspects of my wedding was having Nicola and her team by my side throughout the whole process. The first step I would recommend anyone to do, is hire Nicola for their special day. It was one of the best decisions I could make, and she was worth every... Read More penny. I was unsure at first of whether or not I needed a planner to help me, I figured I had enough time leading up to the wedding to plan and organize everything myself. When you think about it though, and realize how much time and money is being put into such a special day, its necessary to have a planner there the day of to help with any minor details that will end up coming up and to help coordinate the timeline of your wedding to make sure the bride and groom with their parents are able to enjoy the day! Nicola and her team went out of their way to make sure I had help with ANYTHING I needed leading up to the wedding and for the day of. They made me feel so calm and assured that everything was going to be perfect for the most important day of my life! I am so happy with all the work Nicola has done not just for my husband and I, but for the mothers and fathers, so that they could relax the day of enjoy the special day too. I highly recommend hiring Nicola for your special day! -Ashley E.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

We cannot say enough positive things about Nicola and her team. From the beginning Nicola was there to guide us in the right direction and give us peace of mind for our sons wedding day. She was in constant communication with us and the vendors. The day of the wedding Kara... Read More and her assistant were right by our side making sure our special day went off without a hitch. I would recommend Simply Brilliant Events to everyone.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Judy H

Simply Brilliant Events- excellent, outstanding, and just the best! Nicola was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. Nicola was always available for questions and was good enough to meet with us for a last minute meeting to review the entire timeline. The wedding... Read More venue was a blank space requiring many vendors to be coordinated. Nicola and her team did that professionally with the event running smoothly. Kara, and her assistant , were the go to people during the entire event and did an amazing job. The wedding was a success from start to finish.

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Kelly D

One of the best decisions we made! We inquired about Simply Brilliant Events to help us plan our out-of-state wedding in Downtown Detroit. Nicola is professional, honest, and works with your budget to find suitable vendors. For our wedding she provided services for the Simply... Read More Brilliant Month of Planning package. Her recommendations on vendors, etiquette, and timeline were invaluable to us. Each vendor that we utilized from Nicola's recommendations was impeccable (florist, photographer, lighting, DJ entertainment, make-up). She keeps you on track during the planning process. Reminding you of small details that you may not have thought of and then ensuring that every other small detail you've been worrying about will be taken care of on the day. She takes most of the responsibility from you on your wedding day ensuring that it will be Simply the best day ever.

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

Nicola really brings her A game to the table. My wedding was a destination wedding and she went above and beyond to work with me the two times I was in town to complete the wedding planning. She canceled her plans to meet with me the first week as it was a last minute trip.... Read More Nicola was amazing at planning and organizing the wedding. She had great contacts for other vendors and with those relationships she was able to continue making sure all of the details were followed through per the original plans. Even after the wedding she continued to work with me to make sure I received all my photos and videos etc... in a timely manner. She was extremely professional and really able to handle all the different elements that were involved for the wedding. My husband and I come from different cultures and religions and she had no problem working with both families to get us all on the same page (so we were on time etc...) for the rehearsal and wedding day. Thank you Nicola for all the hard work you put into our wedding, it was the perfect day!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 nicole t

Working with Nicola was a pleasure. Just two weeks before the wedding, I started to get very stressed out (as most brides do). Trying to figure out when I am going to be able to set up, who is going to be able to help me, how long will it take? I was stressed. I met with my... Read More photographers and they referred Simply Brilliant Events to coordinate my wedding. So, two weeks before the wedding I called in panic that she would not be available but she was!! Finally, a weight lifted off my shoulders. We met a couple times before the wedding and spoke about everything. I felt so comfortable leaving her in charge of the setting up and coordinating the whole ceremony and reception. Without her and her assistant I would have not known what to do. She made sure ever vendor was there when they should have, the DJ was announcing every detail, had the correct placement of bridal party, that everything was happening at the time it should have, she went and got Tupperware for all of our leftover food, cleaned up all decorations after reception, you name it she did it! I was so pleased and absolutely recommend her.

Nicola Wilson

It is the love story, getting to know you both, creating the perfect details and gracefully taking you through your wedding day. All of these are what gives me joy and gives me my passion for every single wedding that I have planned and executed perfectly. I have been in the events industry for many years. First in London, UK in corporate event planning and now in Michigan, planning weddings from the very small intimate affairs to the large fabulous weddings and many weddings in between. I want to hear more about your love story, every single detail!