Simply Unique Events

Shawnee, KS

Book Your Wedding with Simply Unique Events

A BACKYARD IN SHAWNEE, KS

If you are looking for a wedding venue that handles it all, Simply Unique Events in Shawnee, Kansas provides a modern, all-inclusive wedding spot with 6,200 square feet of space to host your "Simply Unique" wedding ceremony and reception for up to 200 people. A full-time event planner is on-site to oversee your wedding from planning all the details to coordinating the staff at your reception.

The Kansas venue can accommodate up to 200 guests. It houses a second bar and a half-acre outdoor patio area attached to the main ballroom that can seat up to 48 additional guests. With a DJ and emcee as part of the wedding package, couples can dance the night away with their guests on the ballroom's 600 square-foot dance floor. It features an audiovisual system with two 60-inch flat screen televisions, a 100-inch projection screen, video hookups and a full surround sound system.

Simply Unique Events wedding packages include the caterer, bar service and security. Each package includes a five-hour reception time and two hours for setup and decorating. Other items included in the wedding package follow:

• Tables, chairs, and all table linen (full setup and cleanup service included)
  • Black, white or ivory chair covers with over 75 colors of sashes to select from
  • China, silverware and stemware
  • Cake cutting service (only with in-house caterer)
  • A champagne toast

Simply Unique Events is able to work with couples that have special dietary needs. The in-house caterer can create a menu that is:

• Lactose-free
  • Nut-free
  • Gluten-free
  • Vegetarian
  • Vegan
  • Kosher
  • Pork-free

Food can be served as hors d’oeuvres, a full buffet or plated dinners. Upon request, couples can bring in their own outside vendor to provide the food for the wedding reception.

Couples can schedule their rehearsal dinner at Simply Unique along with the reception for the opportunity to spend time with their wedding party in a more intimate venue. The dinner comes with menu tastings and a full-service bar including the option of a house wine, beer and liquor. Couples can expect to enjoy the same quality food and service they will receive during the ceremony and full reception.

A wedding ceremony with multiple backdrop options can be arranged for an additional cost at Simply Unique Events. The service comes with an altar, chairs, aisle markers and runners.

Some of the other extra perks offered by Simply Unique Events include:

• Bridal suite
  • Centerpieces and table decorations
  • Cake vendor recommendations
  • Cash bar option
  • Photo booth

Simply Unique Events KC Venue

Our event space is chic, intimate, and contemporary. From planning to executing, your event will be created in your unique style! Whether it is an exquisite extravaganza or an intimate family affair, Simply Unique specializes in creating memories for you and your loved ones.

Backyard, Ballroom, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

13030 Shawnee Mission Pkwy, Shawnee, KS (913) 631-7558

iWED Course - Kansas City

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 nicole B

A perfect venue and perfect hosts. As we travel across the Unites States teaching for the Institute of Wedding and Event Design, we came across Simply Unique Events and were entirely pleased with everything from the venue and it's space to the service. The layout of the space... Read More met our specifications perfectly as well as the decor and ease of access. It's located in a good area close to all amenities was easy to find and has a multitude of ways to load in our trailer full of decor. Dean and his wife Cindy were abundantly gracious and helped us with everything. Advice for wedding and event planners, brides and grooms: Make sure you take the time to view Simply Unique Events. They are extremely helpful, full of creativity and have a perfect venue for any occasion. The space lends itself to any decor choice. You will be happy you choose them.

Love Love Love this place!!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2012 Tu Wana F

The staff was AMAZING!!! The facility was emmaculate. The bridal suite was beautiful. My husband and I got married on June 10th 2012. Cindy and Dean were there for us all the way through our journey. We met them after having a bad experience with another venue. We were glad that... Read More we met them. Our families are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was and how nice everyone was. We have no complaints about the venue or staff at all. We love Dean and Cindy!!! We love Simply Unique Events!!!

family of groom

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 jane b

I attended my cousin's reception at parkway west . I loved the venue it was beautiful and the service was great .I look forward to to my receptionthere as well .

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Sta'Nisha G

James & I couldn't have had a better experience! They were awesome! They made us feel very loved and appreciated. The staff was on top of everything and we really got to just enjoy our reception. The venue was decorated pretty and elegant! We couldn't have asked for a better... Read More day!

FANTASTIC VENUE!!

Reviewed on 6/04/2014 Molly F

This was the first venue we looked at (I wanted a place that held ceremony outside and reception inside at the same location). We then saw 3 more venues after this one, and even before I left the last one, I knew I wanted to go with Simply Unique. Dean and Cindy really took care... Read More of my husband and I, and put up with my constant emails and texts with no hesitation. The only issue I ran into was with the DJ. Communication seemed to be an issue when it came to setting up our initial meeting. We then had a form to fill out requesting certain songs or artists we wanted played or not played and it seemed as though I had to request those songs. Besides that the food was DELICIOUS, the reception space could not have been more perfect and it felt as though my husband and I were King and Queen (Cindy and Dean took such good care of us). I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for stress-free planning (they also take point with my other vendors and and made suer I knew of no issues that popped up day of).

Mixed Review

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Laura W

I really loved the layout and look of Parkway West. We got so many compliments on the way our reception looked. It's very clean and updated with an elegant feel. I was happy with the way they set parkway west up. It was exactly how I wanted it to look. My guests really enjoyed... Read More the separate bar/lounge area and patio. The only issues I had with Parkway west was their communication and the manager the night of the reception. Many times I had to follow up on my emails and phone calls. It becomes concerning and frustrating when you can't get a response from them. The price seems really great upfront, but once you add the 18% service charge and taxes onto the total it really adds up! The manager that night at Parkway West caused some issues. Her name is Karina. She added a lot of unneccessary stress and my guests started to notice the way she was acting, not good... She was never rude to me though, but I wasn't happy with what I heard happened before I arrived at the reception. The other parkway west employees were really nice and easy to work with. If you book this facility, my suggestion is to ask for someone else to be there that night of the reception.

Great site

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Leslie E

We loved the location and the look of the venue. We loved working with Dan and his wife Leesa. They were very understanding and helpful. There was one lady on the wedding day that made it a stressful event, but once Dan arrived everything was fine, and he kept the lady away from... Read More us for the remainder of the event.

Great place but not great service!

Reviewed on 10/03/2011 Shelby T

We loved the venue, the price, and the location. But the people were hard to work with at times. They missed a meeting they set up with us and were even late to the venue on the day of the wedding.