Your Photographer + New Best Friend

You deserve a someone who goes above and beyond to not only deliver beautiful photos, but an unforgetful experience. Someone who will gush along with your squad when you step out in your dress for the first time. Someone who knows just what to say when you're feeling the nerves start to spread. Someone who will ugly cry through your vows. Someone who will refill your glass of champagne when it gets low. Someone who's just as ready to climb a tree to get the best angle (true story) as she is to throw a few shots back with you once the party starts. And someone who will have your back from the moment you inquire until your 75th anniversary. You deserve a best friend.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

New York, NY New York City & Tri-State Area (347) 623-2253
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Chaz C

When I met Emely – over two years ago now – I had no idea we would be embarking on what would become a lifelong journey together. I reached out to Emely on a whim to photograph our proposal. Shortly thereafter, as we were so thrilled with the engagement photos (they were... Read More published in The Knot, after all), we brought her on to shoot our wedding. Emely has the whole package. Incredible customer service (she was always so quick to respond and incredibly flexible, even with last-minute changes), a great “bedside manner” (her approach makes you feel so comfortable and at ease. In fact, during the wedding, we didn’t even know she was there… she truly blended right in) and a great eye for photography (her photos speak for themselves). Emely was incredibly professional throughout the entire process and she surrounds herself with the like. Her second for the wedding was absolutely wonderful—and the product was something beyond our wildest dreams. We can’t put into words how special it is to look back and relive every moment from our wedding day. I jokingly told her that she would be shooting our family portraits once we have kiddos. I wasn’t really kidding… Watch out world, Emely has arrived!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Julia M

The person's review below mine is correct. Seriously--STOP what you are doing and book Emely NOW!! Emely is an insanely talented photographer. Her pricing is very reasonable for the quality and artistry she brings to her work. You will seriously be so glad you chose her. We just... Read More got our photos back for our wedding this weekend and our mouths dropped in awe at the beauty of the images she took. Everyone--I mean EVERYONE--looks fantastic. Like models out of a wedding magazine. I am so overjoyed I get to relive our wedding through the gorgeous photographs taken by Emely.

2017-08-29T18:42:50 Response from the vendor

Omg Julia you really know how to make a woman cry!! I cannot thank you enough for the kind words. I'm so happy that you're so happy with your photos. You and Israel were just amazing to work with, it was such an honor to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Rachel T

STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING and book Emely right now!! I can't rave enough about how awesome she was from the moment we met her. Thank god a friend had recommended Sincerely, Emelia because we were left in the dust by another photographer, but Emely came and saved the day. We booked... Read More her only 3 weeks before out wedding and couldn't be happier with our decision. She even gifted us a mini engagement session so we could meet up and gauge each other's vibes before the wedding day. And ON the wedding day this girl was super star. I felt bad for how hard she worked, so I made her take a shot with me and the gals ;) pretty rad photographer, person, and now FRIEND. You're missing out if you don't book her right away <3 thank you Emely for all of the memories you captured, Matt and I are forever grateful!!

2017-08-16T14:47:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for you kind words Rachel!! You guys were so amazing, and I'm happy I was able to come through and make sure you had photos to remember the most important day of your life. I wish you all the best in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Grant N

Emely is the best! Not only does she use her incredible talent to take gorgeous photos of your special day, she is an absolute pleasure to work with. We are so thankful Emely was part of our wedding and highly recommend her to any couple looking for beautiful pictures,... Read More stress-free process, and many laughs along the way.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Katelyn C

Emely was AWESOME!!! My husband and I just got married on the 21st so I’ve only been able to see a few photos, but they’re absolutely beautiful. Emely was so easy to work with. She was accommodating and made sure to capture everything I wanted! I

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Yan G

I heard of Emely through a neighbor and as soon as I saw the photos on her website I knew that she was the photographer that I wanted for my wedding. She was able to provide a package to match exactly what we wanted and working with her was a breeze and a delight. She helped... Read More us get over our shyness and get pictures of us that looks great and casual. The retouched photos we got back where even better than we expected and we are so happy that we worked with Emely. I cannot imagine having better photos.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Gleni C

I was recommended Emely among a few other photographers. Once I saw Emely’s work, I fell in LOVE. There’s such a romantic and soft effect to her photos. So I booked her which was extremely smooth. On the day of, she was right on time and she was extremely friendly and easy to... Read More follow. She had great pointers and even stayed a bit longer with us since she had no commitment for the rest of the day. Getting our pictures was a breeze and we couldn’t be any happier with the outcome. We completely recommend emely for your wedding photos!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jessica N

I was fortunate enough to find out about Emely through a friend of mine that attended a wedding that Emely had photographed. I fell in love with the photos of that wedding and immediately contacted Emely. From our first contact, the signing of the contract, the payments, the... Read More prep for the wedding, and the day of, everything was handled with professionalism and most especially, with love. Emely is an artist that loves her craft and her clients. The photos were breathtaking. She did not fall short from my expectations- she exceeded them! The day of the wedding, Emely and John were amazing at organizing the guests and getting them excited for the photos. They just knew exactly what to do and had a way of keeping us (most especially me) calm. Thank you so very much for capturing all the beautiful moments of the most important day of our lives. <3 #highlyrecommend

2017-10-30T18:33:53 Response from the vendor

Jessica, you're gonna make me turn into a puddle of tears. Thank you so much for your kind words, you and Rick were so amazing and made my job incredibly easy! Your wedding will always be one of my favorites, every time I look back... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Linda S

Emely, I'm not sure if it's conventional for a mother of the bride to leave a review, but I just wanted to take the time to leave a review for the amazing work that you performed at my son's wedding. I don't know what we would have done without your beautiful and kind... Read More personality. Your presence made our wedding party all the more happy, and I'm beyond happy with the photos you produced for us. The portrait you took of my family at the bridge sits atop my fireplace proud and beautiful. Thank you for memorializing the happiest moment of any mother's life.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Alex S

We are beyond happy with our decision to go with Emely as our wedding photographer. We found her through Google last year (haha to friends who said that wasn't trustworthy) and wouldn't have wanted it any other way! This girl is AMAZING not just with her talent, but with her... Read More personality. I can't speak enough about how much fun she brought to our wedding day. I was a ball of nerves come that morning, but was so relieved with her calm but happy presence!! She made me feel gorgeous all day, and make us giggle like the way we did on our first date all through our portraits. Emely is magic, and you need her as your wedding photographer. You'll regret it if she books up before you get the chance to lock her in. Don't hesitate! JUST DO IT!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Christina B

Emely is seriously the best. She did two shoots for my boyfriend and I and both of them came out wonderfully. She had the pictures done super fast and they were excellent quality. Also, she's great to work with. She was so patient with us and our awkwardness around the camera.... Read More She managed to get great photos of our true interactions despite our camera shyness. Its always truly a pleasure to work with her. I can't wait for her to shoot our wedding in November!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017

Had an amazing anniversary shoot with Emily. The photos came out incredible. Makes you feel comfortable to be yourself. Very professional and very compliant with requests. I would not hesitate recommending Emily to my friends and family. She can capture all your precious... Read More moments.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Jocelyne B

I feel like I have taken forever to send you a message because every time I think of you I look at our photos and lose track of time. I am obsessed with our photos! You are AMAZING Our wedding photos are EVERYTHING we wanted and more!!! They are perfect! Thank you SO SO SO... Read More much We have gotten so many amazing compliments. Many many people have commented on your talent and have told us we found the perfect photographer (and we couldn't agree more!) ;)

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Kelly P

I'm so happy I was able to book Emelia before she was taken up. Photography was my biggest investment aside from venue, and I really wanted to get someone talented to memorialize my wedding. I couldn't have chosen anyone better for the job! I LOVE my photos <3

Reviewed on 8/16/2017

I only have positive things to say about Emely and her business. She's easy to work with, made the booking process super simple, arrived early and stayed late to make sure all was covered, was personable, professional, and exceeded all of our expectations. We loved our photos,... Read More it was more than we could have ever asked for. Thank you so much Emely! Heather and I are excepting a baby girl soon and we absolutely plan on booking you for all of the sessions we'll have in the future.

2017-08-16T14:50:25 Response from the vendor

OMG!! Congratulations on that amazing news! I would absolutely love to photograph your little family and be able to see you awesome people again!! I'd be honored to photograph your journey <3

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Alison F

Honestly I was never the type of bride who cared too much about the details of planning a wedding so I was going to have a family friend take a few shots here and there but I'm happy one of my closest friends that Emely shot for convinced me otherwise. We met with her before... Read More making any final decisions and she was just so down to earth and sweet, I knew we had to have her as our photographer. And the photos she took were beyond what I expected! She even captured a private moment with my dad where we both were pretty shedding waterfalls and I didn't even know she was able to get that! Now that photo is hanging up in my dad's home and it makes me so happy to know we have all those memories for years to come. Seriously, if you're questioning booking Sincerely, Emelia don't waste your time. Just do it, you won't regret it!!

2017-08-16T14:51:32 Response from the vendor

I'm happy Dan and I were able to change your mind ;) if we hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to meet you! I'm so happy to be able to call you a friend now. Your wedding was one for the books, and I'm beyond... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Kathy H

I'm seriously so happy to have chosen Emely to be my photographer. All the photos came out beautifully, I can't wait to print them and hang them up in our new home!! Alex and I are so grateful!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017

Emely was such a great addition to our wedding. According to the new wife, she was a dream to work with. Me and the guys spent time with her second photographer during the getting ready, and she was an awesome gal. Made us feel comfortable and got some amazing shots of us! I'm... Read More so happy my wife was able to find her through a friend, I can't image what we would have done with an awesome team of girls. Oh, and the photos came out great! Surprisingly fast, was a nice surprise before we went on our delayed honeymoon.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Hema B

Emely has a charming, friendly personality and she immediately made my fiance and I feel extremely comfortable. We had so much fun on our mini engagement photo shoot in the park. She even agreed to drive over to a couple more spots (like our fave restaurant) so we could get a... Read More variety of shots. We got our edited pictures the same night (within a few hours!). Now that's what I call good service! She is really good with her camera and you won't be disappointed in her quality of work. We loved our engagement pics a lot, now cannot wait for her to shoot our wedding :)

2017-08-16T14:53:05 Response from the vendor

Aw Hema, I'm so happy we were finally able to meet and connect! You guys are so awesome and laid back so it was easy to get great shots <3 Thank you so much for your kind words, I can't wait for your wedding day... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Sophia R

Dear Emelia, thank you for the lovely photos-they came out wonderful!! Truly a professional and I didn't have any part of my wedding missing in all the photos. What a wonderful day and I'm grateful we chose you as our photographer!!! My husband and I will never forget how much... Read More fun we've had through these forever shots.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Carrie H

Emely was such a pleasure to work with. We knew from the moment we looked at her work, we found the perfect photographer for our wedding. All of our needs were met and exceeded far beyond our expectations! She wasn't just an amazing photographer, but she was such a calming... Read More presence. Even my mom and sister noted how she had kept me relaxed and stress free when a few things went wrong before the ceremony. She was such a life saver, I can't recommend her enough. I still cry when I open up my gallery!! If you want someone who will go to the moon and back to make you and your partner happy, this is your girl!

2017-08-16T14:48:46 Response from the vendor

Carrie, you are to kind to me. I'm so happy that you love your photos so much!! I hope those are happy tears you're shedding ;) Thank you to you and Mark for being such an awesome couple!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Kenneth K

Pictures were amazing! Didn't realize she took so many. Thanks again for everything!

2017-08-07T15:53:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! It means so much to me hear you loved your photos <3

Emelia Taveras

Hey there! I'm Emelia, Emely for short. I'm the brawn and brains behind it all — everything gets done through me. That means I'll be right by your side from the moment you inquire and on. I'm also the kind of girl that will be your best friend, the person who's got your back no matter what. I'm not just your photographer, I'm a seamstress, megaphone, bartender, and makeshift planner who will help you throughout any problems on your big day. Let's cheers and get to working!