Skin by Gina, Airbrush Makeup & Hair On Location

On Location Serving the San Francisco Bay Area

Offering a Five Star On Location Bridal Service

Let Skin by Gina be your saving grace on your special day! We offer award winning bridal services with nearly 10 years of experience. We are sure to bring our expertise in film, photo, television and fashion to guarantee a flawless look on the most magical day of your life. Whether it's just you or your entire entourage, we are here to offer a five star service. We look forward to meeting you!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Massage, Waxing, Spas, Beauty

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

On Location Serving the San Francisco Bay Area (510) 364-3627
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Vivien Y

Gina and her team were amazing! I had 3 hair and makeup trial appointments before meeting Gina and she blew all of them out of the water in terms of talent and professionalism. Her work is meticulous and she puts in a lot of attention to detail. I also love her demeanor and her... Read More ability to manage stress/jitters in the room. Prior to the wedding, she was easy to contact and was a partner in helping plan details around the day. We worked together to finalize the look for myself and my bridesmaids and to put together the schedule for the morning. On my wedding day she and her assistants arrived at 6 am ready to go. Myself, 7 bridesmaids, and 2 flower girls were all looking great on schedule with plenty of time to take pictures before heading to the ceremony. She helped make sure that my wedding day started off without a hitch! Bonus: at the end of my wedding (15 hours later) my hair and makeup were still perfect.

2017-09-20T13:46:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Vivien! I'm so happy you loved the looked we created for you!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Katie P

Gina is the best! First, she is so beautiful and so well put together that as soon as she walks into the room you know you are in good hands. She has such an awesome look. Secondly, I am somewhat of an introvert so to sit with someone for 2-3 hours can be nerve-racking, but... Read More she is so easy-going, and really genuinely wanted to know about me and my fiance. Third, she crushed my look. I am 41, and this was my first marriage. All the magazines show 21 year olds getting married so I was a bit insecure about walking down an aisle with everyone starring at me, but after she did me up, I was so proud. She gave the exact look I wanted, and I felt so confident. Trust me, Gina is it!

2017-09-20T13:43:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Katie! I had such a great time hanging out with you and your girls! You made a beautiful bride xoxo

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sonja K

Simply put, Gina is the best in the business. If you want to look flawless on your wedding day (and are lucky enough for Gina to be available), book her. Her ability to create the look you have in mind (and/or recreate a look from a photo) is exactly what I was looking for in a... Read More makeup artist. Despite not being a big makeup wearer, I went with full airbrush, and I'm so glad I did -- my makeup was still perfect when I woke up the next morning. Gina is also incredibly reliable, professional, and a positive energy to have by your side on your special day. I recommend Gina to anyone who wants to look fashion-magazine-perfect on their wedding day.

2016-10-19T18:34:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the amazing review!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Tina T

Gina is the best ever! She made me feel so comfortable from the minute I was in contact with her. First of all Gina was super flexible and came to my house for the trial run. We hit it off very fast and she made me feel like I've known her forever. Gina was very easy to... Read More communicate with. She responds in a very timely manner. The morning of my wedding I was very nervous and stressed out, Gina knew exactly how to communicate with me and had my back the entire time. The moment when all my stress and nerves went away was the tickle from her airbrush. It made me realize there were more feelings than stress. It was so hot the day of the wedding also and my makeup and hair did not budge! SO AMAZING! Gina made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt! I am forever grateful for Gina!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Myra K

Worth every penny!! Could not believe how she transformed my hair and made my eyes pop!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Elizabeth P

I had a great experience with Gina! She was willing to meet me at my apartment in San Jose for the trial and came after work to accommodate my schedule. Gina is professional, personable, and very talented. She listened to what I wanted to made me feel so polished and... Read More put-together! I also LOVED the feeling of airbrushed makeup. It held up so well on my wedding day and I highly recommend it - especially if you've never tried it!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Irina L

Gina, you were amazing! You made not only me look and feel great, you made my entire bridal party comfortable and happy with their looks! We had some picky girls, especially my mom, and they all raved about you! The makeup was perfect and I would hire Gina again in a second!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Christina J

There are no words for how happy and honored I was to have Gina do my makeup. She did an amazing job and has such a natural talent and gift for bridal makeup. She also is so amazing to work with, your wedding day can be so stressful and she makes you feel so relaxed and... Read More beautiful! Thank you Gina!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Jackie N

Gina was very pleasant to work with. She was very professional and on time. Stuck to her beauty timeline to the T and had us all done on time! My airbrush makeup really did withstand all the ugly crying and came out amazing. My hair was the only thing that did not last.... Read More Typically my hair holds a curl very well but for some reaso by the time I got to the church I had to touch up my hair. My bridesmaids that did an updo had no issues their hair was perfect the whole entire day! I would definitely recommend Gina she was great!

2017-09-20T13:24:12 Response from the vendor

Hi Jackie, I'm so sorry to hear your hair fell. Did this happen with the trial? I use the same process on the day of so I'm really sorry to hear your hair reacted differently. I'm glad the rest of the day when great!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Azenith S

I loved Gina! She was very fun and down to earth. She made me look flawless on my wedding day and my bridesmaids too. Very affordable and accommodating too.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Erin M

The best!!! She did exactly what I pictured, but even better. She even took the time to go out and find the * perfect * eyeliner because I was super set on gold. I was really impressed.

2017-09-20T13:48:21 Response from the vendor

I LOVED your gold liner! Thank you for having me a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Lisa M

I am so grateful that Gina was available to get me and my girls ready for my big day. Aside from her talent in her art, she is the absolute best at what she does, Gina is loving, funny, supportive and brings a calming vibe to a crazy morning. My makeup lasted through the end of... Read More my reception and I felt beautiful every moment. She also gave me outstanding advice to help me savor every moment of my wedding day, and it absolutely worked. It is important to surround yourself with the right people on your special day. Gina is absolutely the best option for wedding day makeup and is outstanding at hair as well!

2016-10-19T18:35:53 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you had such a great day, you looked amazing!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Meredith B

Gina is a Bay Area establishment. She's known by everyone in the business and she is the business!! Gina is professional, reliable, passionate about her craft, super-friendly, and easy to work with. Thanks to Gina, I rocked a Grace Kelly look at my wedding. Hair and makeup... Read More were flawless. .

2016-10-19T18:36:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meredith! We loved your romantic look and love featuring your photos!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Bonnie P

Let me start this review by saying I have rarely liked the outcome of getting my makeup professionally done in the past so I was really nervous about finding a MUA for my wedding. I researched and researched makeup artists, looking for that certain style that could be a match... Read More for what I wanted. When I came across Skin by Gina, not only was she backed up by some really impressive reviews, the gallery of her work on her website and the pictures her clients had posted were sensational and set her apart. And when I met her in person for the trial, I knew immediately she was the girl for the job! She knocked my hair and makeup trial out of the park and when it came to the wedding, I literally teared up when I took that first glance in the mirror. She did such a beautiful job. I felt absolutely gorgeous. Gina is a true talent – and such a kind soul! She has such a calming, kind presence and is so easy to talk to – it’s like having a friend doing your hair and make-up…and that’s a wonderful added bonus on a whirlwind of a day as your wedding day! I would recommend her a million times over!

2016-10-17T20:13:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Bonnie! I had such a great time spending the day with you and your family. I can't wait to see more photos!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Katie J

Gina is the absolute best. I've followed her work for years, so when I got engaged I knew who I wanted for my special day! She was super accommodating and professional, even staying a little over schedule just to help my mother in law! My hair and make up were flawless for my... Read More wedding, and held up through a very hot ten hour day! Plus all the tears, hugs, and kisses! I am so grateful for Gina, and I would recommend her to any bride to be!

2016-10-17T20:13:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you Katie, you were a stunning bride!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Alyson W

Gina did my make-up for my wedding and I've never ever received so many compliments on something before! She did so amazing!! I couldn't of asked for anyone better. Very very pleased and would recommend her 100%

2016-10-14T11:45:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your experience, you looked amazing!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Sarah P

Gina did my hair and makeup earlier this summer as well as for my mom and Maid of honor. I found Gina through theknot.com and reached out to her based on all the great reviews. She was always very quick to reply and was very easy to work with. She was very informative during... Read More the trial process and helpful. On my wedding day the hair and makeup process went very smooth, could not have asked for a better experience! The hair and makeup turned out better than expected and lasted all day. You will have a great experience through the whole process if you choose Gina, she is great!

2016-09-26T13:04:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Sarah!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Sofya E

Gina is the da bomb! First of all, she's super professional! She arrives on time and she's very good at follow-up. Makeup: awesome! Hair: awesome! She also did my mother's hair and makeup so beautifully! She's great all around. Professional, friendly, and does amazing work!... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw Vote YES for Gina! :)

2016-09-01T13:11:08 Response from the vendor

Hi Sofya, thank you so much for the great review. I loved working with your family!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 MaryandSteven S

Gina was referred to me by a good friend and I'm so glad she was a part of our big day!! She was very professional and sweet! She understood exactly what I wanted and exceeded all expectations. She was also very accomedating to my mum's last minute requests. She's just the best!... Read More If you want someone who is professional and extremely talented, she's your go-to person!

2016-09-01T13:12:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mary! Your photos turned out beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

Gina did the hair and makeup for my sister's wedding in August, in Livermore CA. She is absolutely talented and extremely professional. She definitely went above and beyond to make everyone look and feel truly beautiful the day of the wedding. My sister lives in Arizona and... Read More flew up for the trial; Gina was very accommodating to work with her schedule. I got phone calls from both my mom and sister absolutely raving about how great Gina was during the whole process. She listened to my sister, but also gave her professional opinion; the result was my sister looked beautiful and it was just the trial! Before the wedding, I was having a hard time deciding how to do my hair as it is a pixie cut. I emailed back and forth with Gina and she gave me the confidence I needed to do something different than my normal look (I got a ton of compliments!!). The day of the wedding, Gina was thoughtful and thorough, asking each of the bridal party how they typically wear their makeup and what they wanted that day. Everyone was truly gorgeous. Not only was my sister breathtaking, my mom (who was a little worried because it was after all my sister's wedding and wanted to look her best) was stunning. She got so many compliments and one of her best friends even cried when she saw her! Gina made sure that every detail was perfect and that my sister (and all of us) felt relaxed and special. Gina even took a few minutes to do the groom's hair in the lobby of the hotel at my sister's request. Luckily for us it wasn't too hot the day of the wedding, but regardless, there was little touch up to be done between getting dressed, taking pictures and the actual wedding. Everyone looked just as great at the end of the night as they did at the beginning. In terms of cost, Gina has very competitive rates (a lot better than some actually) for the Bay Area (as I did all the research for my sister). Included are the eye lashes and a little bag for lip touch up. The whole process was very easy. I too live out of state and working with Gina was a breeze. I would highly, highly recommend her for anyone looking for the best hair and makeup services in the Bay Area.

2016-09-01T13:13:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Tracy! I really appreciate you sharing your experience xoxo

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Gina is AMAZING!!! I couldn't have asked for anything more. I recieved so many complements on my wedding day. I wish she could do my hair and make up everyday. Gina clearly knows what she is doing.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Katie G

Was the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding last week and had the privilege to have hair/makeup done by Gina. I felt flawless and have never been complimented so many times in one night! I felt beautiful on a beautiful night. Looking forward to hiring her for my next... Read More event.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Marisa N

I had the privilege of working with Gina at my wedding a couple of years ago, and most recently she did my hair and makeup the day of my baby shower. My wedding party and I just adored her talent, demeanor and professionalism. She made us all look amazing. From that day forward,... Read More I longingly waited for the next time I could book her services. Fast forward a couple of years to a plumper, older, very pregnant version of me. I knew I needed more than just a cute dress to feel good the day of my shower. When she was done with my hair and makeup i wasn't sure if I was a celebrity or not. I am pretty sure it's abnormal to feel as beautiful as I did at 8 months pregnant. I felt and looked THAT amazing. If only I could strike it rich, I would have Gina glam-ify me every day!! if you're looking for someone to make you even more gorgeous than you are, Gina is your artist!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Arianne M

Gina was amazing!! She is super easy to communicate with. I wasn't sure what style I would want for my big day, but she helped me out and made me gorgeous! I feel like it's hard for super ghost pale girls like me to look good with makeup without looking cakey, but Gina made me... Read More look like a friggin' model!! I never felt so beautiful as I did on my wedding day. She is so talented. I love how quick she worked and how nice she was to talk to. Thanks again Gina for making my day perfect :)

Reviewed on 9/08/2015

Apart from her talent & passion for what she does, Gina has an innate understanding of diverse skin, features & personalities. She will find out what's suitable for you and is willing to discuss whatever you feel comfortable with. She is also very professional, friendly and... Read More down-to-earth. @Gina :I hope you won't change no matter how even more uber successful you become. Everyone loved my bridal hair & make-up but more importantly, my made-up face translated well in the photos. More power to you!

Gina Fernandez

Owner, Gina Fernandez, has been in the beauty industry since 2003 and flourished with her love of makeup when she learned the art of airbrush makeup. With her background in skin care she understands the importance of offering a high quality medium to all clients. Her experience with working on film sets and closely with photographers has given her the ability to see hair and makeup the way the camera does. She loves working with all clients on one of the most sacred days of their lives, the day they say I do.