Slice Custom Cakes

Cake Tops & Accessories

8210 Johnson Dr., Merriam, KS

delicious

Reviewed on 12/07/2011 Brannon L

The cakes were so delicious, beautiful and wonderful. Lisa is an incredibly sweet and professional woman who listens to and creates exactly what you are looking for. She has very fair prices and is willing to work within any budget. I will be using her for other important events in our lives together.

Lisa is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 Jenny V

Lisa recently made our wedding cake and I can't say enough good things about the whole experience. When I first met with her, she showed me a ton of pictures and put together a sketch based on what I did and didn't like. I was SO excited to see what the final product looked like. We decided to go with the "chocolate decadence" based on the samples she brought for us. Lisa made everything so simple and easy to decide on and take care of. The final product so surpassed my expectations! The cake was absolutely amazing. Simple, but beautiful just like what I was looking for and the taste was better than I remembered! Even after a large meal, no one left their piece of cake unfinished. I think everyone at the reception either told me how great it tasted or how beautiful it looked...many were impressed with both! I really hope to use Lisa again...maybe even get a new cake for our anniversary next year!

Don't do it!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2011 Aiden B

My husband and I were excited to have Lisa as our cake baker; however, her services were surprisingly disappointing. A third of the icing on the cake fell off within 45 minutes of the reception. Yes, the reception hall was warm; however, it would have been nice for her to realize that and place the cake in the fridge until later or make any effort to prevent it from melting. When I mentioned my concerns to her, she replied beginning her email with this: "I do apologize for things not going the way you expected them to and am sorry to hear that this happened on your wedding day." Not so apologetic... I do have to say, the cake drops were awesome and tasted wonderful, but don't come here if you're expecting great services. As an update, I posted this same review on facebook to which she responded rudely and then deleted her "review" tab of the facebook page. I think that says enough, but if you want more details, feel free to message me directly.

8/15/2011 Response from the vendor

We apologize that our service didn’t meet your expectations. We strive to provide our clients with excellent service and products in every way possible. We always leave our contact information with your coordinator in case we need to come back to fix problems as part... Read Less Read More

Design to a T

Reviewed on 5/05/2011 Erin S

We just ordered a small cake for the reception to cut since we opted for an ice cream bar instead. Lisa was very friendly, timely, and easy to work with. We gave her pictures of our vision and she hit it to a T. It was simple and perfect.

Delicious wedding cake and cake drops

Reviewed on 1/17/2011 Ali H

We loved both the wedding cake and the cake drop wedding favors from Slice Custom Cakes. Our guests were very happy too! I just wish I had thought to make sure that the reception venue saved our leftover cake....we were sad not to have any leftovers to eat the next day! Lisa was very easy to work with and the price was reasonable. I highly recommend Slice Custom Cakes for both wedding cakes and cake drops.

Original & Delicious!

Reviewed on 1/12/2011 Alexandra G

Not only was Lisa easy to work with, her work is so unique and scrumptious! We went with the personalized figurines - I was so looking forward to see her creation and it did not disappoint! We received many compliments, both on how the cake looked and on how great it tasted. The favorite flavors were Almond and White Chocolate. I would highly recommend using Lisa for your wedding cake.

Easy to work with, delivered as promised!

Reviewed on 11/06/2010 Abigail S

Slice Custom Cakes is run by Lisa Smart, who is very easy to work with...we planned it all in less than an hour. We did cupcakes with three different flavors: red velvet, lemon and strawberry! The red velvet were the favorite of the crowd, but the strawberry were my favorite...she uses real strawberries in her recipe and you can tell! Lemon were good as well. She also came through with a cupcake stand at the last minute!

Amazing Cakes for an Amazing Day

Reviewed on 10/08/2010 Laura M

Lisa created our wedding cake and also did a Groom's cake for us. Her attention to detail is incredible and she listens to exactly what you want and really gets to know you. She is a wonderful person and we will definitely go to her again for any of our cake needs :)

TO Slice Custom Cakes