On-Site Professional Hair & Makeup Services

The SM MAKEUP INC Team is based out of the Twin Cities Metro area. Our team of experienced, fun and talented artists and stylists travel on-site for all weddings, and we are confident that we will always meet and exceed the expectations of our clients. We love what we do and know that you will too!

Exactly what I wanted, and more!

Reviewed on 4/06/2015

An acquaintance of mine used SM Makeup for her wedding, and because I really liked how everyone's hair and makeup turned out, I decided to use the company for my own wedding. The artists were professional, talented, personable, confident, and made me feel comfortable and... Read More assured of everything. The price was perfect and honestly a much better deal than some more expensive companies that don't do as good of a job. I was very impressed with how well they listened to what I wanted for my hair and makeup, and how well they translated it into actuality. I wanted to look glamorous, classy, and elegant, and they hit the nail on the head. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day, and that was my hope and expectation when I picked SM Makeup. They delivered on every aspect of what I wanted and needed as a bride, and I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone looking for a personalized, professional hair and makeup experience on their wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Meghan N

SM Makeup, Inc. is some kind of wonderful! I have worked with them on two separate occasions now; once as a bridesmaid and most recently as the bride. First, I have to admit my complexion is less than ideal. I have a lot of acne marks, redness and even some scarring. Not the end... Read More of the world (at least mine), so I wasn't necessarily focused on my face being perfect for my big day. So when my face was absolutely flawless, I was stunned! The airbrushing looked incredibly natural and was so lightweight. I literally felt so good. The unexpected confidence boost was such a blessing to me on an otherwise anxiety-ridden day (no cold feet, I'm just an anxious person). And of course I had lots of compliments that day, as everyone loves a bride and there is truly something so beautiful about each one. But I had so many comments and questions about my makeup specifically, there was no doubt it looked awesome all day long. I wish I could include pictures! The SM team was so sweet and accommodating. Not only are they willing to travel, start early and pay attention to every detail, their professionalism is unmatched. You are made to feel genuinely special. SM Makeup is fitting for all kinds of brides and weddings, from low-key to glamorous. I'm just so grateful to them. Thank you SO much, Steph!

2016-11-18T16:10:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! This means more than you know! We appreciate you and this review very much. Take care and God Bless! XOXO- Steph Owner SM MAKEUP INC

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Becky C

I search for a place that would travel to me on my wedding day so I wouldn't have to make any extra stops. SM Makeup and Hair was reasonably priced, and after reading other reviews, decided to give them a try. I liked that they allowed my wedding party to pay for services the... Read More day of the event. A lot of other places required you to prepay for services not yet rendered, which I did not like, plus paying me back would have gotten messy. This was much easier. The ladies were wonderful, too. I showed them pictures of what I wanted my hair and makeup to look like, and the replication was spot on. I had a few girls who planned to get their hair done by SM, but they were going to do their own makeup. After seeing what everyone else looked like, SM was flexible enough to include them in the lineup of makeup also. My 70 year old mother had her makeup done for the first time in her life. When they were done, she looked in the mirror and started crying, she looked so good. It was absolutely priceless.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Lori O

SM Makeup did a WONDERFUL job with my hair (Bride) and my bridesmaids hair. Cassi did such a great job. She was 15 min early, she is friendly, personable with all the ladies, very talented and easy going. We had one style set at my hair trial and the morning of the wedding when... Read More she showed up I changed my mind on the style of hair I wanted. She was so positive and accommodating to what I wanted. I couldn't have asked for a better stylist on that day. Cassi stayed late until I had my wedding dress on to make sure my hair was in place AND she helped with other needs of my mom and my bridesmaids...It was blessing having her there. Thank you SM Makeup (Stephanie, Becca and Cassi)

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Andrea P

SM Makeup did a great job for me and my wedding party! I was very happy with what we received for the price we paid. Would recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kolten K

SM Makeup Inc. was amazing to work with! Cristina and the team did a fantastic job with hair and makeup on my wedding day on 8/19/2016. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lisa B

Ashley and Amanda were wonderful! They answered a lot of questions during my trail. On the day of my wedding, everything was perfect. We all looked amazing.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jamie V

SM Makeup did an amazing job on all of the hair & makeup for me and my bridal party!! They are truly amazing at what they do and so easy to work with. From their customer service throughout the whole process, to making you feel so at ease the day of - they are so great to work... Read More with! I have never felt more beautiful then I did on my wedding day, thanks to their incredible talent. I would highly recommend SM Makeup to any brides out there!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Emily P

I had a wonderful experience with SM Makeup for my wedding makeup and hair as well as my bridesmaids. There was a miscommunication with the timeline earlier in planning (my fault), and SM completely worked with me and was able to make everything happen. The day of the wedding... Read More they were professional, on time and a calming force in the bridal suite. My hair was done by Cassi and she did an undo beautifully. Makeup was done by Becca and was perfect and held up all night. My bridal party and myself were all happy with the service we received. My mom even got choked up looking at herself all made up with hair and makeup. I would recommend them to anyone looking for on-site hair and makeup for their wedding.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Robyn V

We used SM for hair and make-up for my daughter's wedding. They did an amazing job on my daughter, most of her bridesmaids and me. I received lots of compliments and my daughter was stunning! I highly recommend them for anyone looking for these services on their special... Read More day.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rachel F

SM Makeup was absolutely amazing! I had about 10 girls getting hair and (at least) partial makeup done. Every single one turned out stunning. The artists were punctual and so pleasant; and the best part was everyone's hair&makeup stayed perfect through the entire day! I highly... Read More recommend SM Makeup for your beauty team. They do not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Christine M

Overall, I had a pretty good experience with SM Makeup. I originally choose them because their prices were reasonable. My stylist, Cristina, was very sweet and took time during my consultation to make sure she understood my needs. My hair and makeup looked natural, which is... Read More what I desired. I was a little disappointed that my hair had already begun to fall out by the reception, despite me asking her to add extra product. One other frustration is that we had specifically asked for two blowouts for the MOB and MOG but the stylists showed up unprepared for that task, which added extra stress during the getting ready period. I did wish they had sent more help for styling as hair and makeup took a long time on my wedding day. Nonetheless, the reasonable price and kindness of the staff overshadowed our frustrations.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Megan T

I am absolutely thrilled with the beautiful job the hair and makeup team at SM Makeup did for my wedding. The team was super accommodating to schedule a hair and makeup trial the week of Thanksgiving for this out of town bride. The hair and makeup they did on the spot was... Read More perfection. The company was also super accommodating when I kept adding on additional ladies to get makeup done. I started with 6 people and it grew to 6 hairstyles and 10 makeup applications. We started at 10:30am and they finished everyone early at 2:00pm! In part, because I have a few friends with short hair, but I was so pleased. Because of this early finish, I was able to get an extra hour in for pictures. Another wonderful thing they did was bring an extra tall chair to apply makeup. SM Makeup's hair styles and makeup looks were beautiful, natural, looked great on camera and the hairstyles didn't budge. My bridal hair and makeup received compliments all night and the early pictures coming in so far are so beautiful! Truly a wonderful experience with this company and I highly recommend booking them. Thank you again SM Makeup for beautifying our crew on 9/24/16!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Danielle S

What bride and her party doesn’t want to look their absolute best on their wedding day and in pictures that you’ll be looking at for years to come? SM Makeup is the company to make sure you do. We had Chelsy for hair and makeup and her skills are beyond amazing. The trial... Read More run (which is done at the owner’s house, so don’t be confused when GPS takes you to a neighborhood) was a must- it gives your stylist the time needed to fine-tune your look to be just what you want. Even though my girls didn’t have trial runs, Chelsy took their ideas and brought them to life. The company was even great about all the last minute changes I had (had a few girls add makeup at the end and I changed the location on them). Their prices are really reasonable and absolutely WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Amanda S

SM Makeup was amazing! I worked with Becca via email quite often and Cristina was our main stylist/makeup artist. Our hair and makeup were just perfect and my husband could not keep his eyes off of me for our entire night because of it. We had Cristina come to my home for the... Read More trial because their salon is a little too far for me to drive and Cristina was wonderful to work with and she is very talented with both hair and makeup.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Jennifer

One of the best decisions I made leading up to my wedding was selecting SM Makeup Inc to do my bridal hair and makeup. Cristina was my artist, and she was FABULOUS. She really listens, and in addition to being talented and professional, she is also so nice. She made my vision... Read More come to life exactly how I pictured it---and the hair and makeup lasted all morning and all night! Worth every penny and more.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Nichole G

Beware, hair & make up trials not scheduled together easily. All independent consultants so you have to travel to their salon- I had to go an hour one way. Was happy with my trial make up by Becca but the day of the wedding my eyes were far darker than what I wanted, insisted it... Read More will photograph well- it did not! I tried 2 stylists for hair.... I should have done my own. They also forgot to send the final invoice before the wedding day and sent several emails requesting payment in the 2 following days even though there was a due date 5 days out.

2016-08-09T10:57:02 Response from the vendor

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however, This review happens to leave out some key details. For Example: -The original stylist assigned happened to have her baby 8 weeks early, something we clearly have no control over! So, I had to set the bride... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Megan B

My bridesmaids and I were so happy with the hair and makeup provided by SM Makeup Inc. The girls they sent were professional and really listened to what everyone wanted their hair and makeup to look like. Everyone looked photo ready and fabulous!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Lydia W

AM MAkeup did an amazing job for my wedding on 06/18/2016. I could not have asked for a better makeup artist than Amanda Miskowic! I received so many compliments on my makeup.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Kate E

I could not have been happier with the girls at SM makeup! They arrived promptly and all of my bridesmaids' hair and makeup looked wonderful! Cristina (the artist that did my hair and makeup) was a miracle worker! I have never felt more beautiful. The makeup and hair stayed in... Read More place all day and I received a ton of compliments. I would hire this company again in a heartbeat <3

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Jennifer G

Absolutely the best place to use for hair and makeup! Cassi and Becky were my lead stylist and they are a fantastic team. Stephanie the owner is very easy to work with and very professional. I never waited more than 24 hours for a response and it was over a holiday weekend. My... Read More trial run went very smooth however I completely changed what I wanted for makeup and they had no problems changing everything. They showed up to my house where we got ready nice and early. I was not only happy with how everything looked but the entire morning of my wedding we were laughing and having a blast. They calmed so many nerves and all the bridesmaids and flower girl had so much getting ready thanks to them. Any excuse I had to get dolled up I will be calling them!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Mikaela E

Cristina was amazing for the consult and the day of! So happy with everything.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Lindsey B

My whole team for my wedding was great. Cristina was my hair and makeup artist and she did a wonderful job at capturing exactly what I wanted to look like on my big day. Danel and Becky helped with my bridesmaids and they did a great job too!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Lizz F

I loved working with Cassi and Emily, my hair and makeup stylists from SM Makeup. Meeting them at the trial, they asked me just the right questions (and filled in the blanks where I didn't know) to give me the perfect bridal look right out of the gate. Our wedding day beauty... Read More started nice and early, but Emily and Cassi were able to travel to our venue and kept on schedule the whole morning. My bridal party looked gorgeous! My stylists were professional and personable, and we had a great time!

Hair and makeup

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Melissa H

I have only had my hair and makeup trial so far, but I am super excited to use their services the day of my wedding! I am working with Chelsy and she is super easy to get along with and very open to constructive criticism. She asks after she finishes for the trial what you do... Read More and don't like and how it should change the day of so everything can be perfect! I love that they travel to your site and they are very affordable! They will be doing my hair and makeup, hair for my 3 bridesmaids, makeup for one bridesmaid and MoB hair the day of. I can't wait! UPDATE: Everything went off without a hitch for hair and makeup the day of the wedding! I was actually able to wear my hair and makeup for the day after the wedding as well. Everything held tight!

Stephanie Martin

I am so grateful to be living out my dream…I started SM MAKEUP INC with hope and a vision. It was only me and one assistant when I first started, and now there are over 20 incredible hair stylists and makeup artists on the SM Team. I am very passionate about our brand and the service we provide our clients. I make it a point to remember each and every client by name, because that's what you get with us… You are a name, not a number. I will go above and beyond to make sure our clients are well taken care of and know how appreciative we are for them. I am blessed to call this my job. xoxo- Steph