Professional Make up Artist & Beauty Expert

Our vision at SMASH the beauty bar is simple; we enhance your natural beauty that radiates from within. By striking a balance between mind, body and spirit, we capture the essence of femininity in its purest form. Our technique allows us to illuminate individual style, drawing from your strength, courage, confidence, and inner light. SMASH beauty bar isn't about covering or hiding your face; it’s about bringing your truest self to life and celebrating the beauty that is you.

Beauty Group Bookings, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Waxing, Spas, Beauty

Denver, CO Serving All of Colorado + Beyond (720) 394-5342

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Hailey L

Ashley is truly one of a kind. It was an easy choice asking her to do my make-up for the big day (and all of my bridesmaids ). It certainly was no easy task to do and she nailed it. Every single bridesmaid absolutely loved their make-up and felt like Ashley completely got the... Read More look they were going for. There seriously was not one complaint. Ashley really takes the time to explain the products she's using and she makes you feel SO comfortable. She checks-in with you throughout the make-up process to make sure you are both on the same page with the look you're going for. I don't tend to wear a ton of make-up, so I was nervous that I was going to look unnatural wearing make-up and it turned out to be the exact opposite. I felt just like myself only a better version - I felt so beautiful and Ashley knew all the right tones and tricks to bring out my best features. Myself and the bridesmaids got so many incredible compliments on the make-up. I would highly recommend Ashley to anyone, especially for your wedding-day. Not only is she incredibly talented, but she is really fun to have around on your big day. She is super calming and just a really nice presence in the room - which was important to me. She got along with everyone and made everyone feel so comfortable on a somewhat stressful yet exciting day. Hands down the best make-up experience I have ever had, thank you Ashely and Smash Beauty Bar for making me feel so beautiful on such an incredible day!

2016-10-06T17:47:32 Response from the vendor

I am at a loss for words! Thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful review on my behalf! Love you!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Madi W

Ashley Colburn was absolutely outstanding to say the very least. Her energy and passion radiates and touches anyone in the room and you can tell how much she loves her job. For me, that's what makes her so special, and her knowledge in hand with her kind nature and ability to... Read More make anyone feel beautiful in their own skin. I felt like my time in the makeup chair was so much more than that, and for that I am forever grateful. She's truly a joy and I'm so glad to have been her subject on such a special day for my family and I!

Truly Amazing

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Brittany L

Ashley from SMASH the beauty bar is fantastic! She did my three bridesmaids and my makeup for my wedding, and we all walked away feeling truly beautiful! Before my wedding Ashley and I did a trial and she took the time to ask about the look I wanted, colors I liked, and... Read More really get to know my style. Ashley took the time to listen and helped me find the perfect look for my wedding day. When my wedding day came Ashley made me feel more beautiful than I could have even imagined! I wanted to balance a natural, yet glamorous look and Ashley nailed it! Ashley is amazing!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 ashley W

Hands down, THE BEST. Ashley is so talented. She did my makeup for my wedding, as well as all of my bridesmaids. Everyone LOVED their makeup. Ashley is able to highlight your best features and her makeup looks so natural. I can't recommend her enough. And to top it off, she is... Read More the absolute sweetest. Thank you so much, Ashley!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Ellen S

Ashley was absolutely amazing! She is an extremely talented make-up artist and has the best personality. Ashley instantly made me feel comfortable and helped make my wedding day so special. I would recommend Ashely a million times over!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Kate B

Ashley is one of the best vendors I worked with on my wedding day. At my trial, she took the time to explain the products she was using and really listened to how I wanted to look and feel on my wedding day. I truly feel like she created a look for me based on my preferences... Read More and her expert opinion. I did several make-up trials with other artists before meeting Ashley and nothing else even came close. The result on my actual wedding day was nothing short of perfect for me. I looked like myself, but better. Ashley really knows how to create a glow for her clients. I can' tell you how thrilled I was/continue to be with how she made me look and feel. She also did make-up for my mom and two other bridesmaids and they looked absolutely stunning. Aside from being extremely good at what she does, Ashley is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. I had a brunch wedding and that meant an early start time- Ashley showed up on time and smiling. If I had to do it all over again, or if I am ever in need of make-up services, Ashley is the first call I would make.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Mara M

Ashley is absolutely the best! She is fun, passionate, and hilarious. Not to mention, extremely talented. The whole process of working with her for makeup for our wedding was so easy . She listens to what each client wants and then makes it happen. Her style is natural and... Read More approach is to enhance your own beauty, not to completely turn you into a different looking person. I have never felt more beautiful than after she did my makeup. Thank you for making our wedding so special. Go with Ashley at SMASH - she is the best.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Danielle P

I can't say enough about SMASH Beauty Bar. From the day we did the trial, I knew the whole process was going to be amazing. Ashley does a phenomenal job of making you feel relaxed. She talks through her makeup process and helps you understand what is being applied and why. On... Read More the day of the wedding, she was so calm and collected, which radiated to all of my bridesmaids and moms. Her final product is so fresh-faced and natural, which is exactly what we wanted. We LOVE SMASH!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Lisa H

I do not regret choosing Smash one tiny bit!! Not only is she such a sweet soul, but she is glowing when she is at work. You can tell she loves what she does, and she kills it! I'm not a big make-up girl and she made me feel so comfortable with the whole process. Ash made me... Read More feel like a princess. If you are thinking about hiring her, let me tell you, she is the one you want! I promise!

2017-04-13T17:59:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for hiring Smash on your big day!! You are such a beautiful soul!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Mary Grey B

I cannot say enough AMAZING things about Ashley. She is kind, smart, funny, easy going, TALENTED, happy, energetic, and so, so sweet. Her makeup art is flawless! I have never felt more beautiful in my life! I am a minimalist when it comes to makeup, and Ashley was able to... Read More create the natural look I was going for on my wedding day. We had a trial, an engagement session, and then the wedding day. Every single encounter with Ashley was like meeting up with a friend! And that is what you want when choosing stylists for your wedding day. I found SMASH on The Knot when looking for a makeup artist for my wedding-- and I am so thankful! LOVE what SMASH is doing in the industry! I recommend Ashley to anyone looking for not only a makeup artist, but a friend and consultant for life!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Kaitlyn C

Ashley is amazing - I'm so happy I found her! I'm from out of town and was in Colorado visiting a friend a few weeks before my wedding. That weekend I had my makeup trial with Ashley. She did a great job but there were a few things I wanted changed for the wedding that made me... Read More feel a little more like me. She was so wonderful and accommodating and truly listened to what I wanted. The day of the wedding she traveled to us, was on time, was sweet and kind and made our morning so much fun. My bridesmaids, mom, mom-in-law and sister-in-law looked absolutely GORGEOUS and I LOVED how my final look turned out. I would recommend Ashley to anyone. Thank you Ashley for such a wonderful experience, fun morning and beautiful work!

2017-03-06T21:30:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for allowing us to be apart of your big day. You are very special to us and we are so thankful that we get to do what we love! You and everyone in your wedding party were absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Sara S

Twice we have used SMASH for a debutante ball event. Ashley is personable, professional and does a fantastic job while making you look fabulous and not overdone. She works in a timely manner and ensures that you feel like your best self when she is done. I would, and have,... Read More recommended Ashley to fellow debs, attendees, brides, bridal parties, etc., really anyone that wants to look their best for an event.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Sonya D

Ashley was amazing. I'm not much into makeup, and wanted to look natural with a little extra, and she made that happen perfectly. She listened to my wants, and made them happen without difficulty on my wedding day. She's so calm and fun to be around, which is an added bonus when... Read More you're nervous on your big day!! I appreciate that she uses such quality products, I didn't have to worry one bit about my makeup looking great for what turned into a 12 hour day, and I woke up the next day and my makeup looked almost just as flawless. She also pays extra attention to keeping her products clean and hygienic, who doesn't want that! Highly recommend Ashley for your big day!!

2016-11-08T08:52:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for your kind words! The pleasure was all ours! We had so much fun helping you on your big day! Sending you the warmest wishes for your beautiful future! XOXO

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Tara B

Ashley is such a pro! I was immediately comfortable in her beautiful studio. I loved that she told me what she was doing and the reason why every step of the way. She would recommend colors that fit within the color palette I was going for and would tell me why she chose... Read More those specific colors and why they would work with my skin tone. I felt like I was apart of the decision making process without feeling overwhelmed and it made it so easy to trust her the entire time. I left her studio for my anniversary session feeling like the best version of myself! I highly recommend SMASH beauty bar! Ashley is the sweetest thing and she is so knowledgeable about all of her quality products.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Allie S

Ashley and her team are amazing. It was the most beautiful I had ever felt in my life. She is truly a gem among artists.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tara B

WOW, I was so impressed with Smash and Ashley. As I bride, you are pulled in 50 directions for 5,000 photos. It's chaotic... but, I knew I looked imaculate and they made the whole process flow nicely. My makeup was flawless... all day! Feeling your best on your big day is worth... Read More a billion bucks! What a day!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Cody R

Ashley is amazing! Having her do my makeup was one of the first (and best!) decisions I made. My Gwen Stefani inspired look was right on point. Her enthusiasm and personality made the experience completely stress-free. When I sat down to get my makeup done, she put me at ease -... Read More we laughed and chatted the entire time – my makeup was flawless! Ashley is hands-down the best there is!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Lyndsey G

Ashley at SMASH beauty bar did a phenomenal job as our makeup artist for my sister's wedding. Having been in and to a ridiculous amount of weddings over the past three years, I can say with complete confidence that Ashley is phenomenal at what she does. Not only did she apply... Read More beautiful, long lasting makeup in a natural way (unique to all 7 bridesmaids and bride), but she was a joy to be around in an intimate setting all day. I can't recommend her talent and services enough, whether you're local to Denver or have an event on the other side of the country!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Jackie H

Ashley and her colleagues are amazing! Myself, my mother and all of my bridesmaids were thrilled with our makeup! She was able to capture natural looks to deeper smoky looks AND GREAT COVERAGE for my tricky pigmented skin. None of it looked "caked on"; just dewy and natural with... Read More the perfect highlights. She also does fake lashes that look so natural but still have that wow affect. Oh, and lastly her personality rocks and she is the most receptive and sweet artist. Book your makeup with Smash Beauty Bar and you won't be disappointed!

2016-10-06T17:48:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review on my behalf. I am so thankful we were able to help you on your wedding day! Sending you lots of love!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 AMANDA S

Ashley, the founder of SMASH, was already doing a wedding during our destination mountain wedding so she offered to do a lesson on makeup so that I could do it myself. I'm pretty basic normally but figured having someone come all the way out to our destination for hair and... Read More makeup was a lot to ask. So she spent 2 hours with me for a very reasonable price, taught me everything I needed to know, then even sent over a list of all the products we loved on my face. She was so thorough, very passionate about what she does, and if I had a face as beautifully structured as hers I might even get into it after experiencing a glimpse of her passion to make me look great in photos! I would definitely recommend her for day of or even lessons...."eyebrows are sisters y'all NOT twins"!! Best piece of advice =)

2016-10-06T17:49:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for writing this amazing review on my behalf. I can't even begin to explain how much it means to me. Sending you lots of love!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Katie P

Book Ashley now!! I felt gorgeous on my wedding day thanks to her talent and patience. I wanted that effortless look of someone who looks like she's wearing makeup without looking like she's wearing a lot of makeup, if ya know what I mean. That effortless, natural glow of... Read More happiness. Even with guidance like that, Ashley made it happen!! I didn't feel cake-y, I felt light and blissfully natural. Ashley was also super easy and pleasant to work with. I live out of state, and didn't have the opportunity to meet up with her ... until the day before the wedding. She was more than accommodating in making time to meet me and understand the look that I was going for. She even went out of her way to buy me my own lipstick for the day of. (Ladies, if you have the option to buy the color she uses on you, do this ... while Ashley works wonders, she isn't magic - by its nature, lipstick doesn't stay on for very long.) Bottom line, she's smart, she's motivated, she is so nice, and she's talented. I couldn't be happier with her work, and I definitely recommend you book her services as soon as you can.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Bradley T

Ashley was absolutely amazing! I contacted her less than 3 weeks before my wedding to see if there was any way she was available. She got back to me within an hour and managed to squeeze me in for a trial! She made me and my family feel so comfortable, and she made sure to... Read More include me and my opinion in every step of the makeup process. Not knowing much about makeup myself, it was nice to have someone who was explaining everything she was doing as she was doing it! I couldn't have asked for anyone better. She did an amazing job, and I got so many compliments on my natural look during my wedding. I definitely recommend SMASH Beauty Bar for anyone looking for a makeup artist!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Lizzie S

Ashley was amazing!! She did such a wonderful job on my makeup. I felt so beautiful and like me on my wedding day. She really listened to what I wanted and was very informative throughout the process. She was so fun to be around too, very nice and friendly. I would without a... Read More doubt recommend her!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Sarah J

Ashley did an AMAZING job on my make-up for my wedding day. She took the time to do a trail a few weeks before the wedding in order to get the look just perfect. The make-up she uses feels great and it lasted the entire night! Not only are the products high-quality, but so is... Read More the service; Ashley is very in tune with what you want and gives great tips so you look your absolute best on the big day! I would highly recommend SMASH beauty bar for all your events!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Ellen F

I was referred to Ash by a friend and I am so thrilled that I was able to connect with her and hire her as the makeup artist for my wedding. I did a trial run with Ash for my engagement photos and then she (and an awesome assistant) did makeup for me, my mother and my... Read More bridesmaids on the day of my wedding. Everyone was absolutely thrilled with the results! Ash really wants to make people feel like a better version of themselves, beautiful and natural. She's not only a talented makeup artist, but also is great at communicating with clients in a very professional way. I would highly recommend Ash without any reservations. She is awesome!!

Ashley Colburn

For make-up artist Ashley Colburn, each client is a true reflection of her passion to create and enhance natural beauty through art. As a deeply committed artist, Ashley brings over 5 years experience in helping her clients capture their timeless memories the way they want to be remembered. Ashley ensures that she builds a strong relationship with her clients by listening to and understanding each individual's needs, while helping to enhance their natural beauty within. Through subtle transformations, Ashley helps women draw out the best version of their natural complexion and features.