Professional Make up Artist & Beauty Expert

Our vision at SMASH the beauty bar is simple; we enhance your natural beauty that radiates from within. By striking a balance between mind, body and spirit, we capture the essence of femininity in its purest form. Our technique allows us to illuminate individual style, drawing from your strength, courage, confidence, and inner light. SMASH beauty bar isn't about covering or hiding your face; it’s about bringing your truest self to life and celebrating the beauty that is you.

Beauty Group Bookings, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Facials, Waxing, Spas, Beauty

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Denver, CO Serving All of Colorado + Beyond (720) 394-5342

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Hailey L

Ashley is truly one of a kind. It was an easy choice asking her to do my make-up for the big day (and all of my bridesmaids ). It certainly was no easy task to do and she nailed it. Every single bridesmaid absolutely loved their make-up and felt like Ashley completely got the... Read More look they were going for. There seriously was not one complaint. Ashley really takes the time to explain the products she's using and she makes you feel SO comfortable. She checks-in with you throughout the make-up process to make sure you are both on the same page with the look you're going for. I don't tend to wear a ton of make-up, so I was nervous that I was going to look unnatural wearing make-up and it turned out to be the exact opposite. I felt just like myself only a better version - I felt so beautiful and Ashley knew all the right tones and tricks to bring out my best features. Myself and the bridesmaids got so many incredible compliments on the make-up. I would highly recommend Ashley to anyone, especially for your wedding-day. Not only is she incredibly talented, but she is really fun to have around on your big day. She is super calming and just a really nice presence in the room - which was important to me. She got along with everyone and made everyone feel so comfortable on a somewhat stressful yet exciting day. Hands down the best make-up experience I have ever had, thank you Ashely and Smash Beauty Bar for making me feel so beautiful on such an incredible day!

2016-10-06T17:47:32 Response from the vendor

I am at a loss for words! Thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful review on my behalf! Love you!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Madi W

Ashley Colburn was absolutely outstanding to say the very least. Her energy and passion radiates and touches anyone in the room and you can tell how much she loves her job. For me, that's what makes her so special, and her knowledge in hand with her kind nature and ability to... Read More make anyone feel beautiful in their own skin. I felt like my time in the makeup chair was so much more than that, and for that I am forever grateful. She's truly a joy and I'm so glad to have been her subject on such a special day for my family and I!

Truly Amazing

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Brittany L

Ashley from SMASH the beauty bar is fantastic! She did my three bridesmaids and my makeup for my wedding, and we all walked away feeling truly beautiful! Before my wedding Ashley and I did a trial and she took the time to ask about the look I wanted, colors I liked, and... Read More really get to know my style. Ashley took the time to listen and helped me find the perfect look for my wedding day. When my wedding day came Ashley made me feel more beautiful than I could have even imagined! I wanted to balance a natural, yet glamorous look and Ashley nailed it! Ashley is amazing!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Sarah P

Ashley was AMAZING and you absolutely need her for your wedding. I am wary of wearing lots of makeup and haven't always loved getting my makeup done professionally but my experience with Ashley was so different. The trial was honestly a blast. I felt like I learned so much about... Read More the products and about what I feel comfortable with on my face. She listened to what I wanted, walked me through everything she was doing, was willing to try out different things when I didn't know what I wanted, and ultimately helped me understand the look that would work best with what I was comfortable with and for pictures, etc. Day of was no different - she made everyone feel comfortable and look amazing! I loved this entire experience and highly recommend Ashley!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Meg B

Ashley is the absolute best! Every step of the beauty process from selection and trial to the day of was easy and natural. I do not normally wear a lot of make up and was hesitant to get it done for the wedding. Ashely made be feel so comfortable throughout the entire process.... Read More We totally vibed. Our day turned a bit hectic due to rainy weather but our makeup looked absolutely perfect until the late hours of the morning. I have never felt more beautiful and cannot thank you enough. I have already recommended Ashley to several other brides. Love you so much!!! I need to send you pictures asap!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Alexa E

I would highly recommend Ashley with SMASH beauty bar as a wedding make-up artist! She is a very warm, upbeat and thoughtful person, as well as an experienced and talented professional. She does a fantastic job of guiding you through the process of identifying and creating the... Read More make-up look you are imagining for you wedding. She also goes through options and questions that I wouldn't have thought of, but she knows to ask about. I loved how my make-up turned out for my wedding!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Laura G

Ashley is the BEST! I have never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day- but she was able to still make me feel like "me." She was also SUCH a joy to have around as we were getting ready. She is so passionate about her work and her clients, and is so sweet- we loved... Read More sharing our day with her!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Kristie L

My wedding was on September 30, 2017. I can not say enough wonderful things about Ashley! She has amazing talent with makeup and as a bonus she is also the nicest person ever! When I went to my trial run I was so happy to have found someone that really listened to exactly what I... Read More wanted and was patient and made me feel so taken care off. I could not wait to see how great I would look on my wedding day. On my wedding day Ashley was kind enough to come to my house to do my makeup and bridesmaid. That helped so much because I was also having my hair done there at the same time. She really did an amazing job! I have never felt as beautiful as I did that day! Everyone complemented me on how great my makeup was!!! I really loved working with Ashley! I would recommend her to anyone. I’ll definitely be continuing to see her for my brows and any additional services she offers.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Tina G

Ashley does my bff's lashes and I've been following her/SMASH beauty bar on instagram for a while. I was so excited that she was hired to do our make up for the wedding. She knew exactly what types of make up and colors complimented my skin type and skin tone. I loved the it... Read More all!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Sue Ellen B

Ashley saved the day for my daughter's wedding. She not only did a beautiful job with her make-up, but she also was able to style her wildly curly hair into a beautiful, yet natural look. I know Allison was more relaxed knowing she was in such good hands.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Lauren S

Smash did an awesome job for my sister's wedding! They came to our hotel suite, so all the bridesmaids could get their makeup done while still enjoying the morning and getting to hang out with the bride. And everyone looked and felt beautiful, and our makeup stayed perfect until... Read More the end of the night. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Dresden D

Ashley did my makeup for my engagement photos and I cannot say enough good things! She is a great communicator and made sure the look she gave me was exactly what I wanted. I'm looking forward to having her do my makeup for the big day!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Katrina H

Ashley was wonderful and an incredible artist! My makeup for my wedding day was perfect!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Kristin S

Ashley is the best! I couldn't have asked for a better make-up artist for my big day! She did such an amazing job on everyone in the bridal party. I have been in a lot of weddings and usually there are always a few complaints about the make up artist over-doing it, but that was... Read More absolutely not the case with Ashley. Everyone's make up was so natural and yet stunning. I kept hearing my bridesmaids say how much they loved their make up (even the few girls I had that NEVER wear much make up loved how she did theirs). She is very thorough and explains all the products she is using (both in the trial and day-of) and checks in to make sure you're happy with the look. She is also just fun to be around! Absolutely recommend Ashley - you're in good hands.

2017-09-25T09:38:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Meghan V

Ashley was so accommodating to what I wanted as a bride. During her trial she asked me to give her very specific feedback on how my makeup wore throughout the day so that we could make adjustments accordingly for the day of. I gave very candid feedback and she adjusted and I... Read More loved my look for the wedding. She did all 6 of my bridal party, mom, and mother of the groom during the day as well and she rocked it with every single one of them! I have heard nothing but positive remarks on how awesome she was. It was easily on of my best pics for my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Samantha C

Ashley is so fun to work with! She does an amazing job and is very professional. She made me feel more beautiful than I have ever felt and was a vital piece to making my wedding day perfect! I highly recommend her to any bride!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Sarah A

Ashley was great! All my bridesmaids looked great on the day of the wedding! She showed up on time and was very professional.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Allison B

Ashley Colburn, the owner of SMASH, is the makeup artist you need for your wedding. She is insanely talented at what she does and what she creates. I think one of the major reasons she is so accurate at identifying a perfect makeup, besides her natural skill, is that Ashley is... Read More SO PASSIONATE about makeup and making people feel beautiful and unique and beautiful. It is not a one look fits all type of process. She combines the direction she receives, with the understanding of the human face, specific skin coloring and skin type, among many other considerations. The first look she did on me at our trial was the look I went with for the wedding. I cannot stress how talented this woman is! She is so passionate about the industry and is constantly trying out products, and not only on her skin type! Not only is she talented and passionate, she is such a professional and her company shows that professionalism with every interaction. If you have a big bridal party and need more artists, you are in luck. The women that came on the day of my wedding were so professional, friendly, engaging and took the time with each of my bridesmaids to make them feel beautiful. The people Ashley has working under her, reflect Ashley's work ethic, talent and professionalism. Every single girl in my bridal party had a smile when they were getting their makeup done and LOVED how their makeup turned out. Last but not least, her taste level is impeccable. You will notice this instantly, but she really knows how to create beautiful and modern looks. She has an eye for what is beautiful and has a way of bringing that out with every work. I even had Ashley do my hair for my wedding, which is not something she typically does, but little known fact...SHE IS AMAZING AT HAIR! She is so timely and really takes control of the timeline and makes sure that she is working within the parameters. Having Ashley and SMASH as part of my day, literally made the whole day fun and easy and had one of the biggest impacts on how I felt throughout the day. I didn't have to worry about my hair and makeup AND it lasted throughout the entire night. I cannot stress enough the wonderfulness of SMASH and Ashley.

2017-09-13T18:34:43 Response from the vendor

Allison, thank you so much for your kind and heartfelt words! I cannot even begin to tell you how much you and your bridal party meant to me. You were all so amazing, fun, kind and loving to myself and my artists. This is why... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Stephanie M

Ashley was incredibly wonderful. She's a super sweet and kind person that makes sure you look exactly as wonderful as you would like on your wedding day!! She was incredibly flexible to last minute changes that needed to be made and was lighthearted and sweet to all the... Read More bridesmaids and family that got their makeup done, making for a very wonderful and calming atmosphere on the day of. Thanks so much Ashley!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 ashley W

Hands down, THE BEST. Ashley is so talented. She did my makeup for my wedding, as well as all of my bridesmaids. Everyone LOVED their makeup. Ashley is able to highlight your best features and her makeup looks so natural. I can't recommend her enough. And to top it off, she is... Read More the absolute sweetest. Thank you so much, Ashley!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Ellen S

Ashley was absolutely amazing! She is an extremely talented make-up artist and has the best personality. Ashley instantly made me feel comfortable and helped make my wedding day so special. I would recommend Ashely a million times over!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Kate B

Ashley is one of the best vendors I worked with on my wedding day. At my trial, she took the time to explain the products she was using and really listened to how I wanted to look and feel on my wedding day. I truly feel like she created a look for me based on my preferences... Read More and her expert opinion. I did several make-up trials with other artists before meeting Ashley and nothing else even came close. The result on my actual wedding day was nothing short of perfect for me. I looked like myself, but better. Ashley really knows how to create a glow for her clients. I can' tell you how thrilled I was/continue to be with how she made me look and feel. She also did make-up for my mom and two other bridesmaids and they looked absolutely stunning. Aside from being extremely good at what she does, Ashley is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. I had a brunch wedding and that meant an early start time- Ashley showed up on time and smiling. If I had to do it all over again, or if I am ever in need of make-up services, Ashley is the first call I would make.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Mara M

Ashley is absolutely the best! She is fun, passionate, and hilarious. Not to mention, extremely talented. The whole process of working with her for makeup for our wedding was so easy . She listens to what each client wants and then makes it happen. Her style is natural and... Read More approach is to enhance your own beauty, not to completely turn you into a different looking person. I have never felt more beautiful than after she did my makeup. Thank you for making our wedding so special. Go with Ashley at SMASH - she is the best.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Danielle P

I can't say enough about SMASH Beauty Bar. From the day we did the trial, I knew the whole process was going to be amazing. Ashley does a phenomenal job of making you feel relaxed. She talks through her makeup process and helps you understand what is being applied and why. On... Read More the day of the wedding, she was so calm and collected, which radiated to all of my bridesmaids and moms. Her final product is so fresh-faced and natural, which is exactly what we wanted. We LOVE SMASH!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Lisa H

I do not regret choosing Smash one tiny bit!! Not only is she such a sweet soul, but she is glowing when she is at work. You can tell she loves what she does, and she kills it! I'm not a big make-up girl and she made me feel so comfortable with the whole process. Ash made me... Read More feel like a princess. If you are thinking about hiring her, let me tell you, she is the one you want! I promise!

2017-04-13T17:59:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for hiring Smash on your big day!! You are such a beautiful soul!

Ashley Colburn

For make-up artist Ashley Colburn, each client is a true reflection of her passion to create and enhance natural beauty through art. As a deeply committed artist, Ashley brings over 5 years experience in helping her clients capture their timeless memories the way they want to be remembered. Ashley ensures that she builds a strong relationship with her clients by listening to and understanding each individual's needs, while helping to enhance their natural beauty within. Through subtle transformations, Ashley helps women draw out the best version of their natural complexion and features.