DJ for All Weddings in VA. NC. MD.

I energize the party with good music streaming from a crystal clear sound system. I commit to 1 event a day; so your special moment has my undivided attention! Henry

Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Hampton, VA Service in VA NC MD (757) 871-5333

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Akira P

Henry is super professional and has great energy. He was very easy to work with, organized, and was responsive for all planning correspondence. The night of our wedding, he kept the guests dancing with the great playlist and laughing with his witty ad libs. We'd book him again... Read More and would recommend him to anyone else in the market!

2017-07-04T14:07:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks Akira! it was an EPIC night!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Robert M

Great experience! This is the only dj around that was affordable but also offered a 1 on 1 feeling (we met over coffee to discuss playlist). Avoid the big corporate DJs! Smooth Moves was nothing but professional, kept the reception going all night, played great ceremony music,... Read More and completely personalized our experience! He is also a great MC!

2017-07-23T20:50:56 Response from the vendor

Lindsay and Robert, Thank you for allowing me to share your glorious wedding day. I wish your marriage everlasting happiness and prosperity. Best Regards, DJ HB Henry Brown

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Jenny W

Henry is awesome! Super professional and helpful throughout the entire music selection process. Since my husband and I are both musicians, this was a very important decision for us, and we couldn't be happier with our choice. He paid attention to how the crowd was acting and... Read More changed the music based off of the mood. Our family ended up dancing a lot more than we originally had expected, but that didn't throw Henry for a loop! He was prepared with all sorts of music to use and also accommodated very specific instructions that we gave him for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Best guy for the job!!!

2017-05-31T11:34:32 Response from the vendor

Sean and Jenny, Thanks for the review. Your wedding was unforgettable! I was honored to be apart or your special day. I wish your marriage lifelong happiness and prosperity. Take Care Henry

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Toni B

Everyone loved Smooth Moves DJS. Mr. Brown kept us on track with reception. Smooth Moves DJS is very professional. All of our guest spoke highly of Mr. Brown. Smooth Moves DJS kept the music going. I'd recommend Smooth Moves DJS to all my friends and family. We'd hire Smooth... Read More Moves DJS for any events that we have in the future

2017-09-28T13:51:32 Response from the vendor

Toni and Michael, It was my pleasure to perform at your wedding! I wish your marriage everlasting happiness and prosperity! Sincerely DJ HB

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Carissa P

Henry was great!! At the last minute my coordinator could not attend and Henry filled his place perfectly. He stuck to my timeline and modified it when necessary. We had a 'married couple dance' and it was implemented perfectly! Mikes were available for guests to give toasts... Read More and he was even able to take song requests. The music was upbeat and perfect for the setting. We had a wonderful night and are very thankful to have had a fun, reliable DJ for a reasonable price!

2017-05-31T11:38:45 Response from the vendor

Petrillo family, Thanks for the review. Your reception party was a blast! I am glad that everyone enjoyed the night. I wish your marriage lifelong happiness and prosperity. Take Care Henry

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Caroline C

Henry did a great job at our wedding! He made sure everything ran smoothly and was very accessible prior to the day for any concerns or questions we may have had!

2017-05-18T21:27:44 Response from the vendor

Caroline and Cullen, It was my honor to be your DJ. Thanks. I wish your marriage the greatest happiness and prosperity! Dj HB

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Brooke C

Great experience. Played music the entire time and had all of our songs. Announced everything just did an outstanding job. Would recommend to anyone asking for DJ services.

2017-04-05T17:42:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brooke and Ian! It was my pleasure to serve you and I had a great time. i wish you and Ian the best marriage and forever happiness. All the best Henry

Reviewed on 4/04/2017

First, let me start by saying, this Wedding was planned and executed in a little less than 4 weeks! I am not from the area, and had to rely on word of mouth, internet searches, and gut instinct. I contacted several possible DJ's, and spoke at length with them all. But none of... Read More them impressed me or gave me a good feeling, until, I spoke with Henry Brown. I knew, the moment he said Hello, that he was the one. My gut was right! Mr. Brown's experience and professionalism was evident right from the start. His guidance was much appreciated. He arrived early, was set up and ready to go by the time our guests has stared to arrive. That was one detail, which we did not have to worry about. Mr. Brown will be my first call for my next event. Thank You Henry Brown!

2017-04-04T18:41:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you Wendy! I had a great time! Your hospitality was very welcoming. I wish Erica and Andrew a life long loving marriage! Henry

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Sara S

Henry was excellent! We were very pleased :)

2017-02-01T19:04:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks Sara! It was an awesome night!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Jasmyn S

Smooth Moves DJs had a great selection of music. He really paid attention to what types of songs the crowd was enjoying played music accordingly. Overall it was a good experience.

2016-11-13T12:52:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review. I appreciate you choosing my business. I wish your family the best life possible. Henry

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jontrell C

Had our wedding Sunday 23 Oct.. DJ was fantastic keep the momentum going. Dance floor was always occupied. Great selection of music. Thanks for the most memorable day of our lives.

2016-10-25T19:53:30 Response from the vendor

Thanks Chambers family

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Kathryn L

DJ Smooth Moves was easy to work with. He was prompt and set up everything we needed for both the ceremony and reception. He kept the dance floor bumping the whole night. Not all of our requested song end up being played, but the time was limited. The setlist he played was... Read More full of crowd favorites. Everyone enjoyed dancing the night away.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Katrina G

Henry made our night even better and more rememberable. He did everything we had asked for him to do for the night He insured us that he is working for us and will not do anything extra unless we want him to. Everyone at the reception was saying he was doing a great job.... Read More Introduction was perfect. Worked well with our event coordinator to make sure we were able to do everything we wanted to do. 5 OUT OF 5 WOULD RECOMMEND!! Thank you, Henry!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016

I hired smooth Djs to dJ for my wedding, Mr. Henry Brown was very professional. Our friends and family enjoy the music that he played as we partied throughout the night. I would definitely hire Mr. Brown again for any event that requires a DJ. Thanks for making our wedding a... Read More special day that we will always remember.

2016-08-28T19:32:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day! The wedding was awesome!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Victoria D

Henry was a great DJ for us, and he gave us exactly what we wanted. He was easy to work with, and the music sounded great. We would highly recommend him to anyone searching for a great DJ.

2016-07-06T11:17:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you Matt & Vicky. You're reception was a blast! I appreciate your review and wish your marriage many blessings. Henry

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Brette H

DJ Smooth Moves was excellent to work with. He was there on time with everything he needed to be set up. The party was great because of his continuous music. He allows for requests, but unfortunately I didn't hear all of the song requests I had sent to him before the event. He... Read More did however make sure there was a song I really wanted to be played, even though I contacted him about it a few days before. He was able to take the requests I put in and come up with a great playlist for the rest of the night. I would definitely recommend him for any party!

2016-05-18T07:15:41 Response from the vendor

Brette, Thanks for your review. It was a great party. I tried to accommodate every request made but there just was not enough time to play all of songs. It was an awesome party!

Excellent, Experienced and Fun DJ!!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Caitlin G

My Husband did some research and came across Smooth Moves DJs who we chose to use for our reception. Henry (the DJ) was great. We went over the contract a couple weeks before the wedding to ensure we were both on the same page. One of the forms I filled out included the... Read More standard announcing of the "order of the bridal party, the bride and groom", the first dances and what songs, the tossing of the bouquet and garter and the songs for those, the cutting of the cake, etc.. This was great because I did everything without a wedding planner so Henry kept us on a really good schedule and I had nothing to worry about. My husband and I ended up not choosing a song for a daughter/mother and father/son dance although when it was time for that Henry had the perfect song picked out. It is obvious he has experience and he accommodates to the atmosphere of the wedding/reception. We had a Halloween Reception (costumes and all) so that threw a little curveball but it was nothing Henry couldn't handle. He came prepared with plenty of halloween themed songs and jams. Of course those were not played the whole night. He also made it VERY SIMPLE for us because really picking out a list of songs to play for the whole night sucks. No one wants to figure out how many songs and which ones they want throughout the whole night. When I expressed this to Henry he had a very prompt solution.... To have a playlist based off of Z104 a radio station that plays a huge variety of music. And also to accept requests from guests. I am telling all you brides right now if you get stressed easily I HIGHLY suggest doing this because I can't remember a lag in music the whole night. And when I had a request Henry played it as the next song. Anyone in the Hampton Roads area looking for a DJ I highly recommend Smooth Moves DJs. Also, very affordable for the time frame :)

Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Chinell L

Henry of Smooth Move DJs offered impeccable service at an affordable price. He was professional and flexible. My husband and I were more than satisfied with his service.

2015-10-06T18:59:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was a great experience serving your life long memorable day. I wish your family good health, undeniable happiness, satisfying wealth and beautiful legacy. Henry

Fantastic

Reviewed on 9/01/2015

Fantastic service! I would highly recommend this DJ to anyone in the Hampton Roads area. He's worth every penny.

2015-09-01T18:47:47 Response from the vendor

Thanks Bigelow Family! Your reception was a blast! Henry

Exceeded All Expectations

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Blair A

Henry Brown with Smooth Moves DJs exceeded all of our expectations! He was very attentive, professional, and patient (in regards to many questions and my very specific list of songs) before the wedding. We knew that he would do a wonderful job at the wedding, but we had no idea... Read More just how incredible of a job he would do. Even the way he set up the DJ booth was really cool with walls on top of the table to make it look like a DJ booth you would see at a club. Henry provided amazing multi-colored, spinning lights that lit up the entire reception and really set the party mood. Most importantly, the songs he played were perfection. I gave Henry a list of songs I wanted and he advised me that I should add some more current songs to my very specific list. I reluctantly took his advice and I’m so glad I did because he played the perfect mix of songs he suggested and my preset playlist. Myself, my husband and all of our friends and family were dancing during the entire reception and we all had a blast. Thank you Henry for making our night so magical and fun!

Sandbridge Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 5/09/2014 Krista B

When you look for a DJ for your wedding you want someone who is reliable and knows what they are doing! This is your DJ. With Smooth Moves DJ you can put your mind at ease because weddings are his thing. He is incredibly organized, you can pick out your music in advance, he... Read More is very detailed in every need you may have, and he is just outstanding on the mic. Everything about your wedding is controled by your DJ! so you want to make sure you have a good one. I am so happy I was able to book this day with him.

2014-05-11T15:29:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Krista, Your wedding was awesome! Thank you for choosing my business and allowing me to be apart of your special day. I wish you and Justin the best! Best Regards Henry

Langley O Club Celebration!

Reviewed on 4/10/2011 HENRY B

Thank You, THANK YOU for your excellence. Everyone, including our friends and family, had a wonderful time. Thank you for your positivity and all you did to make our party a success. Hopefully our little shindig will stimulate greater interest in similar events at the O-Club,... Read More which would be of benefit to everyone. I know a number of people asked for information...and for my play list! Thanks again. We had so much fun! Patty

Henry Brown

My DJ experience spands over 25 years. I'm the classic dj playing fresh feel good music. I enjoy serving people! Great customer service is the key to my success. My extensive travels introduced me to a broad range of music and different cultures. I have a flexible nature committed to pleasing my clients.