SoCal's finest musicians at your wedding!

SoCal Wedding Music is one of southern California's premier wedding music companies. We specialize in providing both live music and DJ/MC services, and personally meet with each of our clients in order to prepare music for a wedding that both fits their personalities, while giving their guests an unforgettable evening. Our DJ's and musicians are professionals in their respective fields, and can be auditioned in a live, public environment. This gives our clients the most accurate representation of what they'll be experiencing during their wedding. We are passionate about what we do, and love making people happy on the most important day of their life!

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Ukulele, Vocals

Classical, Country, Folk, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Megan D

Ryan is absolutely amazing! They say your wedding day will fly by and things may become a blur. One thing that stands out from the day/night is Ryan singing and playing the guitar- doing what he does best! When I close my eyes I can picture it- From hearing him play while my... Read More best girls walked down the aisle before me, to the special moment with my Dad walking me down the aisle, to after the ceremony, during pictures, Ryan doing his thing, I waved a big "Hi!!" And in between songs, ran over to give him a hug. To Ryan playing during dinner, "Baby I love Your Way" it all brings me back to our special day! My husband and I decided to do a destination wedding- we live in Northern Virginia, and the wedding was in La Jolla. Thank goodness for Google, because that is where I came across Ryan. After researching him, watching YouTube videos, I reached out to Ryan for more information. From start to finish, Ryan was always very polite, pleasant and patient when listening to our needs. He is a very talented musician and extremely knowledgeable about the wedding industry. He offered advice about the music options we had for our wedding, which really helped. Ryan played live music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and part of the reception. He DJd for the remainder of the evening and everyone just loved everything about him!!! I highly recommend Ryan, he really completed our night and made everything come together. He has such a good vibe and we love hearing him play! Thank you so much Ryan, it was a pleasure meeting you and having you play for our wedding. Best of luck to you in the future, I see big things happening for you!!

2017-10-25T12:21:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the incredibly kind words! You were an absolute joy to play for and made me love what I do even more! Thanks again, Ryan

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Rez N

I found Ryan Hiller through an online search for a wedding musician... His reviews were awesome and seemed very sincere, so I decided to give him a call... We had a very nice chat, he was real cool to talk to. Ryan invited my fiancé and I to come to one of his shows at a local... Read More Bar/Lounge in Del Mar... We quickly noticed that Ryan is beyond talented... He has such an incredible voice and is an amazing guitarist. We chatted with him and he squeezed in a few wedding songs so we could get a feel for what he can do. He had us teary-eyed instantly...we had found our guy! Ryan was so great throughout the process and even learned a few songs for us. When the wedding day came he honestly blew it out of the water. Ryan made the day so perfect, we were so lucky and proud to have him preform... We had so many guests tell us how great and talented a singer he is, and that he DJ'd the best reception/"dance party" they have been to in a long time. This guy knows what he is doing and he can do it all, from ceremony music through the reception. Ryan was so thoughtful and considerate throughout this process. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone!!! He is the best around, and anyone looking for a wedding musician, would be lucky to have him.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Haylee Pettersen P

Ryan was such a special addition to our wedding day. We had him perform an acoustic set at our garden cocktail hour and he DJ’d the rest of the evening’s events. We had also asked him to learn our first dance song, which was the most romantic and emotional part of the whole day... Read More for me. Our guests didn’t want cocktail hour to end because they were enjoying his set so much. I’ve received so many compliments about him from everyone that was there! He took all of our song requests to heart and then went above and beyond. We literally had to kick people off of the dance floor at the end of the night – no one wanted it to end! Aside from the wedding day, we have seen Ryan play around San Diego at venues. He is always so gracious, kind, and a truly talented performer.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Sabrina G

Ryan was an awesome addition to the wedding! He made planning easy and comfortable as well as the day of. It was great to know that we were able to give an idea and Ryan was able to run with it. I highly recommend working w him if you are looking for someone who can walk you... Read More through the process, play great music, etc.

2017-11-13T17:35:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us! It was an honor playing for you :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Elizabeth K

Ryan was perfect for our wedding day! He was flexible with changes during the ceremony and reception and mixed a little live music in here and there. Our guests danced to their hearts content!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Carlie C

Ryan Hiller is amazing. He was my first vendor I contracted for our wedding because after listening to his website demo I HAD to have him : ) Ryan sang and played his guitar for our ceremony/cocktail hour and then switched gears and DJ'ed our reception. Guests were blown away... Read More by how talented he was. My husband and I couldn't be happier with how everything went and we highly recommend him! : )

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Amanda H

Ryan was amazing and so talanted!! He was such a pleasure to work with and answered all of my many questions very quickly. We asked him to play our ceremony live and he was nice enough to play a few live songs during dinner as well! He was a huge hit - our guests loved him and... Read More one of my favorite memories of our wedding was everyone singing along with Ryan playing “My Girl” during dinner. His DJ skills are awesome too, he had everyone on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Whitney A

I could not have asked for a better performer at my wedding reception than Ryan! His live performance during cocktail hour and dinner was phenomenal, and all of my guests were very impressed with his musical talent. He was also a great DJ when it came time to party, and... Read More incorporated my song requests as well as other great dance beats. Ryan was very professional and communicative leading up to and during the event. He is also just a really nice, friendly guy. I would absolutely recommend Ryan for any type of event, and a family friend has already booked him for their wedding next year. I look forward to seeing him perform again!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Sarah B

Ryan did a fantastic job at my wedding in Temecula. I got so many compliments from guests who loved the cocktail hour and dinner music. He was very professional , worked well with my dj , and played all the type of music I had wanted. I highly recommend Ryan!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 A D

We had a terrific experience with Ryan. He played and DJ'd our wedding in June. The first time I called Ryan, we spoke for a half hour, and he patiently answered my questions, inquired about our preferences, and discussed his background in music and the wedding business. He... Read More encouraged my wife and I to come to one of his shows so we could see if he would be a good fit for us. We drove down to San Diego one weekend and saw him play. He is a truly gifted musician and his style was a great fit for us. By the time he finished the second song we knew we wanted him to play our wedding. Ryan is also a genuinely good guy. On his set breaks during that show, he came over and sat with us to get to know us better. In the months leading up to the wedding, we spoke several times on the phone and he was always responsive to questions and requests. We gave him a short list of songs we wanted him to play, but we left a good deal to his discretion, because we trusted his taste in music and his familiarity with our tastes. He did not let us down. Both his live music and DJ'ing during the wedding were excellent. We received several compliments from our guests on his performance. Ryan is both an incredible musician and a professional wedding vendor and, in our experience, that's not easy to find. He has our highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Spring J

Ryan is so talented! He was also an absolute pleasure to work with. He performed the ceremony music for our wedding and played for our cocktail hour and our guests absolutely loved him. He even learned a song for the recessional of ceremony and performed it perfectly! I was so... Read More happy with his performance and his professionalism. Thank you Ryan!

2017-08-15T14:05:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!! It was such an honor playing for you and your guests. Thank you so much again for taking the time to share these kind words. -Ryan

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Veronica C

Okay, this is serious! Ryan Hiller, with SoCal Wedding Music is amazing! Not your typical run of the mill version of amazing but the, wait, stop the press, you will be blown away, amazing. As a wedding planner I work with tons of DJs and musicians and Ryan is something special.... Read More How so much talent can be wrapped into one person is beyond me, but we absolutely love working with him. It takes a special kind of person to be a wedding DJ, because you have to be able to read the crowd, make changes at the client's whim, and leave your ego out. Ryan is fantastic at this, as well as building rapport clients. In addition, he is phenomenal musician! He is a beautiful singer/songwriter, but can also wonderfully cover almost any song. With hundreds of songs already in his repertoire,he is happy to learn new ones for you as an addition to your package. You can check out his skills online or at a live show before you book; which is a great bonus. If you are looking for a musician, a wedding DJ, or both; You can stop looking, you have found the one and only Ryan Hiller and SoCal Wedding Music!!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Randi R

After contacting Ryan to inquire about playing at our wedding, my husband and I went to listen to him play live and we knew immediately that we wanted to hire him for our wedding! Not only is he a very talented musician and DJ, but he was so easy to work with, he listened and... Read More gave great recommendations, and knew exactly how to capture the crowd! He really can do it all and our guests loved him! Without a doubt, the best decision we made was hiring Ryan! You will not be disappointed!

2017-04-03T11:35:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write these kind words! Your crowd was so incredibly nice, and it was such a pleasure entertaining them from cocktail hour through dinner. Then, it was a blast watching everyone have a great time on the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Shawna N

If you're looking to create an intimate atmosphere for your guests, Ryan is the perfect musician to do just that. He is not only a skilled DJ but a very talented musician and he utilized both talents to set the perfect tone for our wedding. Perhaps one of the most special... Read More moments that my husband and I will cherish forever is dancing to Ryan's live rendition of our first dance song, "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. Even during the event, we had many guests come up to us and tell us how much they were enjoying the music and how it created the perfect atmosphere for the overall vibe of our romantic, rustic event. Ryan truly cares about his clients and even offered to meet with my husband and me months before our big day to make sure we had all of our questions answered. He also fielded many email exchanges leading up to the event. Overall we couldn't have asked for a better vendor to work with in executing our wedding day. We hope to attend one of Ryan's local gigs in the future.

2017-01-31T17:52:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this! I had such an incredible time performing for you and your guests!

Highly Recommend Ryan!!!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Laura W

I cannot say enough good things about Ryan Hiller - he not only played the guitar, but was a great DJ, as well. He learned the songs I wanted for the ceremony and cocktail hour (people still talk about how amazing he was). Then for the reception my family/friends are very lively... Read More but he kept everyone on the dance floor. He was amazing!!! I would recommend Ryan to any of my friends or family members.

One of the best wedding planning decisions we made!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Melissa B

My husband and I knew we wanted something unique and when we came across Ryan and SoCal Wedding Music we knew it was perfect. Ryan sang during our ceremony and cocktail hour and then was the DJ for the reception. He even learned our first dance song for us. He was very easy to... Read More work with and truly worth every penny!

Terrific!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Michael T

Ryan was terrific! He’s a wonderful musician and singer. He was an outstanding addition to our wedding and reception. I would HIGHLY recommend him to others.

Ryan Hiller - SoCal Wedding Music

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Diane M

Ryan Hiller came highly recommended so we went to watch him play live. We stayed until the very end! My husband is an avid guitarist and sang his praises. Ryan is able to balance melody, skill, funk and personality into each song. He plays sing-a-longs as well as difficult... Read More guitar licks. We had very specific ideas and he learned songs for us and created such an ambiance that family and friends still look at his tour page to watch him play. Please look no further. His rendition of songs were more enjoyable than many of the originals. This is a family run business by Ryan and his wife and they both have a natural way of making your vision come alive. Recently, I have been looking for another celebration to plan so that I can bring them back! Diane and Chris, San Diego

Great Experience!! Great time!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

We had Ryan from SoCal Wedding Music perform at our wedding! He was phenomenal, he is a gifted guitarist/vocalist. We gave him a list of songs we wanted performed during the ceremony and he knew how to play the songs and sing them!! That was great!! Here is where it gets even... Read More better.....once the reception started, he became our DJ and MC!! He was a fantastic DJ/MC. He listened to what we wanted and added in his own flavor which made for an unforgettable evening. It was nice not having to use several vendors to do all of these tasks.

Soloist and Reception MC

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Sarah E

I found Ryan Hiller at a Bridal Bazaar, and new right away I wanted him to be apart of my wedding. I had a garden, semi casual wedding, where both the ceremony and reception were outdoors. Ryan performed with his guitar during my ceremony, played live for about 45 minutes... Read More during our cocktail hour, and was also our MC/DJ/Soloist for our reception. He brought his own equipment and it sounded great! His price points are fantastic, and I felt I got a HUGE deal in regards to the amount he charged me, versus his talent! I almost wish I had another event in mind where I could hire him. My wedding was 2 years ago and my guests are still talking about how much fun it was...I give a lot of that credit to Ryan! I would most definitely hire him again.

Blown Away

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Jessica O

Ryan can do it all!! Absolutely amazing! He learned a song he didn't know for us and sang it acoustic for our first dance and it was unbelievable! Our guests raved about him from start to finish. He is so talented with his live music playing all genres, then changed it up... Read More playing our song acoustic. And finally, to say he took our party to a whole new level is an understatement with his DJ talent. He stayed with our play list, had everyone dancing till they dropped. Every chance we get, we will recommend Ryan Hiller and SoCal music to everyone we know!! You definitely can't go wrong and you can rest easy, you're big day is in good hands :)

Not just a wedding DJ

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

I was married 11/8/14 and this day would not have been the same with out Ryan and his wife. We chose a package where Ryan performed as well as DJ'd. The entire process was a weight off my shoulders b/c Ryan is extremely responsive and organized. Your DJ is a very important... Read More part of your wedding b/c they are responsible for keeping a timeline that is appropriate for the venue and he did an amazing job. There aren't words to describe what Ryan added to my wedding. He honestly made this day so much more special with his amazing performance during the isle walk, ceremony and cocktail hour and he made me so relaxed and I trusted him completely to do his part. SoCal Wedding Music will change your wedding, hands down worth every penny and more. I honestly don't even feel my review is doing justice to Ryan and his wife as professionals in this industry.

Excellent Musician

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Katie L

Everyone has to narrow down what is most important to them on their wedding day; for us, it was the music and Ryan Hiller knocked it out the park. We had seen Ryan play at a local bar a few times and always thought it would be cool to have him play our wedding, however we had... Read More concerns about how the sound would translate from a bar to our wedding. Luckily, we went to a wedding show and there was Ryan, playing the “ceremony” for this event. It was beautiful and his sound was on point so we contacted him and set the wheels in motion to book. Ryan’s professionalism and interest in our wedding was incredibly reassuring. He provided us a lengthy song list (almost 3x’s the size of other artists we had considered) and we were able to select the ones we wanted played, which also allowed him to see what type of music/sound we were looking for. Ryan was even able to accommodate a last minute request and learn to play a song he didn’t know for me to walk down the aisle to. As I waited to start my walk I heard the first few notes and Ryan’s version blew me away, it was beautiful. He continued throughout the night impressing all of our guests (quite a few are music buffs, so this says a lot!) playing Stevie Wonder, Jason Mraz, Foo Fighters, Steve Miller Band, Louis Armstrong and more. I couldn’t be happier that Ryan was a part of our wedding day. He’s a talented, diverse, unique musician and anyone would be lucky to have him.

Ryan is fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Brett N

We met Ryan at the SD Bridal Bizaar and knew he would be a perfect fit for our wedding. We had Ryan play live music (guitar and vocals) during the ceremony and cocktail hour and then DJ at the reception. Ryan was very professional to work with and really made our wedding... Read More ceremony unique. It was the perfect, laid-back, so-cal vibe that we were hoping for.

Awesome

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Dr. Daniel Barba .

We had Ryan play at our wedding after hearing him at the Bridal Bazaar. I immediately fell in love with his voice and style. Look no further. This was who I had to have on my Wedding Day. He sang live during our ceremony and during the hour the hordevoers were served then was... Read More the dj at our reception. He was awesome especially live. I would highly recommend Ryan and his wife! Got nothing but love for them.

Ryan Hiller

Ryan Hiller has years of experience in the music business, has toured internationally and has played thousands of shows, private events and clubs during his career. Ryan had received his degree in music from the University of New Orleans shortly after Hurricane Katrina, and decided to head to California. Ryan has since established himself as a regularly featured artist at many local San Diego venues, and has toured both regionally and nationally. In the meantime he has racked up endorsement deals including Fender, Taylor Guitars, Sennheiser Microphones, G7th Capos, LR Baggs pickups, and Gator