Is this your business? claim it now

Soirees Southern Events and Bridal

Gainesville, GA

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning

983 Enota Ave, Gainesville, GA

My dream wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2013 Jaime W

Sherri Christensen and the girls at Soirees are wonderful! Sherri was only supposed to be my day-of coordinator but after my original wedding venue burned down 6 weeks before the wedding, she became a complete wedding planner. She coordinated everything with the new venue, even... Read More helping me negotiate pricing and rentals. Anytime I had an issue with a vendor, I called Sherri and she resolved it in no time. Most of all, Sherri made my vision for my wedding day come alive times 1000. She took care of so many little details and made sure that I worried about NOTHING on my wedding day. I am so glad she was there and know my day wouldn't have been as perfect without her. I didn't want a wedding planner because I'm a huge control freak but I really couldn't have done it all without Soirees. Thank you!!!

Love my dress, HORRIBLE service from owner

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Amanda M

I bought my dress when the shop was owned by a friend of the current owner. I loved her. But then Sherri took over and it is a nightmare! Extra lace from my dress was supposed to be ordered so that I could make a veil to match my dress. I bought the dress in August of 2011 (my... Read More wedding was June 2012). I called in November to see what the status was and was told it was never ordered so I told them to order it. I called again in January and asked the status and had the impression that it still wasn't ordered because Sherri had to ask several questions about it (asking for the style number of my dress, which had not been done before) and was told it was on its way. Called back again in late February/ early March and was told it was still on it's way but orders took 8-10 weeks, that she would talk to a rep from the company and see if they could expedite the process. Called SEVERAL more times from April-June (took an excessive amount of calls and messages to ever get her on the phone also) and was told all sorts of things like it still hadn't left the factory, then that it was going through customs, then that it was stuck in customs in California, all types of craziness. I NEVER got my lace and ended up with no veil at my wedding. A friend of mine also used her for the wedding party and her maid of honor did not get her dress until about 6 hours before her wedding. The gowns are nice and their sales are good, but don't ask for anything extra!

2014-01-27T12:12:57 Response from Masonette, the member

I was an employee of Soirees Southern Events at the time the bride above was given service. This bride bought a discontinued gown from a store that was going out of business and it was not a business that Sherri, owner of Soirees Southern Events,... Read Less Read More