Solé East Resort

Montauk, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Montauk: Destination Perfect

Host your outdoor ceremony, reception and all pre and post-wedding events within the comfort of our private resort. CALL NOW FOR AVAILABLE SPRING 2018 WEDDING PACKAGE DISCOUNTS (50% off Catering Rentals & 10 % off Food & Beverage). These amazing discounts are being offered for the following 2018 dates: MAY 5th, 12th, 19th & JUNE 2nd & 9th. Our beautiful, expansive landscaped grounds & gardens can accommodate tenting for up to 300 guests. Our chic yet charming rooms and suites are close to Montauk town and the ocean beaches. Our on-property heated pool with St. Tropez lounge beds & Backyard Restaurant offer a relaxing retreat. Let us help plan your special day & create the perfect getaway for all your guests.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Beach, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Service Staff

90 Second House Road, Montauk, NY (631) 668-2105

Reviewed on 1/28/2018 Michelle C

Our wedding at Sole East was at absolute dream. We could not have been happier with how the day turned out. Mike and I met in Montauk, and got engaged out there, so when it came time to find a wedding venue - we knew Montauk was the spot. Sole had the perfect mix of what we were... Read More looking for: a beachy/boho vibe that still felt elevated enough to have black tie optional, a space that our wedding guests could easily take over for a whole weekend as a home base, and a venue that could accommodate both the ceremony, reception and after party without having to move our guests in between. We knew that if the weather was on our side, having a mix of an outdoor ceremony/cocktail hour followed by the reception under a beautiful tent would be our ideal set up. And lucky for us, we got 75 and sunny in June! We had a wedding planner, but it was great to have both Sue (our day to day) as well as Cindi (the owner, with her husband) readily available. Sue was extremely responsive all year round with requests and questions, and helped us navigate the rentals, tent, and day of logistics with our planner. Mike and I came out in the Fall before SE closed for the season to do our tasting, and Cindi and Dave hosted us for the tasting meal at their home in Montauk which was really special. The weekend of, our event went off without a hitch. Having the hotel bar was great for all of our friends and family as they arrived Thursday and as a spot to hang after our rehearsal dinner Friday night. Saturday morning, my bridesmaids and I did a private yoga class at a beautiful overlook in the woods on Sole’s property. Sue and Cindi helped coordinate the mats and details. I rented out an additional large space at the hotel to get my hair and makeup done with my bridesmaids - and I highly recommend this if you have a larger group and need extra space to get ready. The guys got ready in our bridal suite which worked out great. We did our first look and initial pics before the ceremony at Sole and then at a spot out near Ditch, but the Sole grounds were so beautiful in June with all of the flowers and greenery and are some of my favorites. Our ceremony was under Sole’s “wedding tree” which made for some amazing pictures, and then everyone made their way to cocktail hour right under the trees on the hill. We included one of Sole’s extra food stations which was a great add-on, and all of the passed apps were amazing! Definitely get the lobster rolls - big hit. The reception was under a beautiful sails cloth tent that fit perfectly on Sole’s grounds. The shrubs make it very unique and didn’t interrupt the layout at all. We opted for a long wooden table for the wedding party and rounds for the guests which looked great. A real highlight on Sole’s part was the dinner. The steak and fish were spot on, and all the veggies were so fresh. The pasta was a huge hit - and doing it all family style was the best! The rest of the night was a whirlwind of amazing dance floor moments, toasts, photo booth pics, and more dancing (our live band was awesome!). We ended with an after party at the hotel bar, coupled with s’mores by the fire pit and tacos via a truck we brought it (which Sue and Cindi were awesome about regarding the truck logistics!) Overall, Sole East was the perfect choice. We had a campus feel for the weekend, the surroundings/grounds were beautiful, and working with Sue and Cindi was great. We can’t wait to return to Montauk and SE next summer!

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 jen d

We were married in September 2017 at Sole East. If you are looking for a laid back Montauk vibe, this is your venue. We extended our Wedding to an entire weekend. Most guests stayed on the property which made for a really memorable time. Beautiful grounds that make you feel like... Read More you are in someone's backyard. Food was excellent both at the Backyard restaurant and on the wedding day. Rooms are minimalistic but very comfy and flow with the vibe of the property. We are still receiving comments from our friends and family about what a great weekend it was. Cindi & Sue were helpful along the way and the staff was topnotch. We used Cindi as our day of planner and she kept things stress free & low key. If there were any hiccups we did not know about them. We hosted a brunch under the tent the next morning, food was excellent & it was the perfect send off. We could not imagine celebrating with our friends & family anywhere else.

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Kristen W

Looking back, I can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. The backyard/grounds are the perfect setting for a laid back, Montauk wedding. The fire pit and lighting back there are just dreamy. We had 220ish people at our wedding and the tent and dancefloor still felt... Read More spacious. Our band was rocking all night long and after we shut the tent town, we could still blast music inside/around the bar so the noise ordnance was not a hinderance at all. Our guests are still raving about the food (although admittedly I barely ate that night, but our tasting was great!). We knew before we picked Sole that we wanted to serve family style and I still think that's a great idea. Cindi and Sue made sure everything ran smoothly all weekend long, even with the rain! Which thankfully cleared about an hour before the ceremony. They were calm, cool, collected the whole day which made us and our guests feel the same. The planning process definitely moves at "montauk speed" so be prepared for slower responses from your vendors out there. Overall we couldn't be happier and are already planning a (much smaller) reunion next year to try to recreate the magic again!!

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Emily P

We got married at Solé East Resort in September 2017 and the wedding could not have been more perfect! The ceremony is held on their pretty lawn under a tree and the reception is held on the lawn under a tent. We were lucky to have perfect weather all weekend but we had visited... Read More the hotel on a rainy day months before and it's still beautiful in the rain (the backup plan in case of rain was to do the ceremony under a tent as well). During the wedding and after as well, everyone was talking about how much they loved the hotel, and even some guests who visit the Montauk area all the time said they'd never been to the hotel and loved what a hidden gem it was. The hotel grounds are beautiful and our wedding photos are amazing as a result! Solé East's restaurant provides all food/drinks and they have a dedicated tent vendor (but there are many options to choose from). You find all of your other vendors yourself. The restaurant (The Backyard) is awesome so to no surprise, the food at our wedding was seriously delicious! Same with wine/cocktails. I've been to so many weddings with subpar food but that won't be the case with Solé East. We stayed at the hotel and had a large amount of family/friends at the hotel as well. The hotel is really nice (modern/beachy vibe) but people who don't know the area may think it's overpriced. You get a room block with a small discount if you are getting married there so keep that in mind! The only complaint I heard of from a couple family members was the walls are thin, so when music is playing outside there isn't much you can do to avoid hearing it--but keep in mind, they strictly turn off all music by 10pm following the town's noise restrictions. Keep in mind, while they only book one wedding per day they do allow more than one per weekend. All other vendors were external (photographer, flowers, baker, DJ) and although Solé East offers the option of using them as the planner/day-of-coordinator (DOC), I planned my own wedding and decided to hire my own DOC. Cindi and Sue are the hotel's points of contact for events and they are wonderful, really nice to work with, very professional and accommodating. My single complaint about Solé East was responsiveness. I still give them 5 stars because the wedding was truly perfect but sharing for full transparency. We booked the venue about 1 year in advance, right before they closed for the season, so I had to get used to waiting awhile to hear back for anything. I thought when they opened back up for the new season it would be easier to get in touch, but it still usually took awhile. Keep that in mind if you are the type who will want constant contact! I will say though, beginning about 2 months before the wedding they were VERY responsive, which is the time it mattered most. That being said, Cindi and Sue were still a huge pleasure to work with and I wouldn't change a thing!

2018-01-22T10:11:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback Emily! It was a pleasure hosting your wedding, and we are pleased that it was "perfect". Our goal is to provide excellent customer service, and a relaxing wedding weekend for our couples and their guests. One of the many perks... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Daniel B

Great staff,great ambience, beautiful rooms. The outside grounds are amazing. So natural.Our favorite thing to do is laying under the big tree in the hammock listening to the crackle of the outdoor fire pit. Thank you for a wonderful experience. So relaxing.........

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Christy M

Traveled over three hours to view this venue yesterday. I made an appointment with Cindi weeks and weeks in advance. Even requested a formal proposal from her specifically for our meeting (which she confirmed would be with "sue")When we arrived- it was a ghost town. Absolutely... Read More no one there. Called the office numerous times, finally someone answered the phone, I explained the situation and she tells me she has no idea what I'm taking about and she's an offsite answering service. Sent emails- no response, so after 40 minutes, we took off. We got a call from Sue, she explained that she had no idea she was supposed to be meeting us! She offered to come there, but we were already long gone. An hour later I receive an email from Cindi basically saying "sorry, mistakes happen". 6 hours of driving for no reason. So unprofessional and disrespectful!

2018-01-22T09:57:17 Response from the vendor

Our goal is to provide excellent customer service, at all times. We admit that we fell short of our customer service standards in this rare instance, and we deeply regret this client's frustration. She arrived much earlier than anticipated for her scheduled appointment. Since the... Read Less Read More