Solstice Weddings & Special Occasions

Lake Tahoe and surrounding area

(760) 672-5183

Solstice weddings and special occasions is a team of talented hairstylist and makeup artist. from flawless makeup applications to creatively and organically styled hair we are confident that we can produce any style you are looking for. On your wedding day you should look and feel like the best version of your self. For more information on pricing and to book a pre-wedding consultation please check out our website.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Lake Tahoe and surrounding area (760) 672-5183
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

I can not recommend Emma Furth with Solstice Weddings MORE! I got married in Hawaii and asked her to come out to the wedding to help me with hair and makeup. She did my hair in the most beautiful fish tail braid with plumeria flowers in a side swiping braid for rehearsal... Read More dinner, and then for the wedding curled my hair with a head lei and matching natural makeup. I am not used to wearing a ton of makeup, I only asked for my skin to look great, and made me feel so effortlessly beautiful. Never thought I'd love wearing makeup so much! ;) Besides that, if you are a bride wanting someone calm, cool, and collected on your big day- Emma's your girl. She is so sweet, organized, and such a fun person to talk to the whole time you're getting dolled up, that I didn't think twice about what time it was, what I had to do, all the people to speak to, etc... the little things that sometimes feel overwhelming on a wedding day. I now only get my hair done by Emma and drive over an hour from Reno to Truckee for her skills and chats. :) Thank you for everything you do, Emma!!

2016-06-28T16:40:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review! It's always a pleasure seeing you!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Lydia J

Emma and her team did a fantastic job with our hair and makeup! They were super nice and very easy to work with. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Valerie V

Emma and Shain were the absolute best! I had a hard time finding many options in the Tahoe area and was resistant to use any of the services that had 'teams of people' where they'd randomly pick someone for your wedding based on availability. I really wanted to know & trust who... Read More ever I selected. Emma's pricing was very fair and worth every penny. I had my trial at her new salon in Truckee, which is the cutest ever, and she spent plenty of time with me making sure we got it right, trying different looks, and even taking photos to capture different light. At the end of the trial she took photos from different angles to document the looks we landed on so she could replicate them exactly on the big day....and that she did! She also did a fantastic job on my moms hair & makeup and Shain was great with my other bridesmaids. They were both great to have part of my big day.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Rachel T

Emma and Alyssa did the hair and makeup for my wedding this past weekend and they were AMAZING!! They provided services for me, my 6 bridesmaids, and the moms at our rented condo and we didn't have to start at the crack of dawn to finish in time for our photos. They were both so... Read More fun and chill the morning of (when I was a bit of a stressed out and cranky bride) and they listened to what we wanted and took ideas and suggestions easily. Emma and I did a trial for hair and makeup in June and she made adjustments based on feedback and my makeup and hair were better than I could have imagined. Payment for everyone was easy (we used Square and Venmo) and we all got tons of compliments all throughout the event. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Nicki S

I highly recommend Emma and Solstice Weddings for your hair and makeup on your wedding day. I knew I loved Emma's vision at the trial. She even did a hair/makeup trial for my mom and even my mom was impressed which is hard when it comes to someone else doing her makeup. I had... Read More originally booked hair/makeup with a salon that closed and luckily found Emma and her group through the old salon manager. The team was a lifesaver and I could not have been happier. My maid of honor has been in a lot of weddings and she said it was by far the happiest she has ever been with hair/makeup for a wedding. Very natural and exactly what we wanted! Very responsive by email and text which is helpful which is not always true with Tahoe vendors.

2016-08-15T14:25:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review! It was truly a pleasure working with you and your family

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Amanda G

Solstice is amazing. I was left without a hair and makeup artist one month before my wedding, and they saved me! They have great communication, are easy to work with, and did a wonderful job. I opted to just do a hair trial, and Alyssa was wonderful with suggestions and gave me... Read More some great options. Jenae did our makeup, also super accommodating and did a wonderful job covering my awfully timed sunburn. I felt like a beautiful bride/princess thanks to Solstice! P.S. I am a wedding coordinator and can't wait to recommend Solstice to my future brides!

2016-07-14T14:44:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you! You were such a beautiful bride!