Soma Photography LLC

Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville and surrounding areas

Refreshingly Unique While Creating Images That Wow

Every couple has a unique story to tell and it is our passion to creatively tell it through emotional images that speaks to the uniqueness of you. We truly believe this sets us apart. We focus on you because your wedding day is not about the photographer or anyone else. Everything we do is purposely designed to ensure you have the best experience possible and feel special (because you are). We want you to look back on your wedding day a year, 5 years, and 25 years from now and instantly feel the emotion you had at the moment that image was taken.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville and surrounding areas (704) 641-0831
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Carly S

I can't recommend Soma Photography enough! I always feel so awkward in front of a camera and Amos made me feel so comfortable. Engagement pictures as a whole are awkward because who doesn't want to stand there breathing in your soon to be husband/wife's face for minutes at a... Read More time trying not to move? Haha! Despite the awkwardness of it all, Amos was a natural and gave us time to get comfortable. I loved how our pictures weren't super posed and he had some really unique ideas. I'm always hyper-critical of pictures of myself, but man, Amos made me look like I was actually attractive! He had some new ideas that he wanted to use and it turned out AMAZING! He actually featured us in one of the pictures for his Knot listing. His turnaround time for editing and getting the pictures back to us was super fast and he was very professional through-out the whole process. Like I said before, and I'll say it again, I absolutely can't recommend Soma enough. A+ service from someone who really cares about what he does and the service he provides.

2017-06-26T09:25:20 Response from the vendor

Carly, You guys were the awesome ones! I had a blast working with you and appreciate you allowing me to get creative so we could get some truly unique images. We are all awkward in front of a camera, it’s my job to make sure... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

I cannot say enough about how amazing Amos was with Soma Photography!! He helped us recapture our big day after being disappointed with another photographer. His attention to detail is incredible and he is extremely nice and knows what he's doing! I would highly recommend Soma... Read More Photography to everyone I know!! He definitely exceeded our expectations!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Katie R

Amos and his team did an incredible job! The entire process from our consultation to the wedding day was fantastic. We usually never feel comfortable in front of a camera but Amos made us feel at ease every time which allowed for us to enjoy our day so much more! We LOVE our... Read More wedding photos and will recommend him to all our friends.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 ragan F

He’s amazing at what he does! And he goes over beyond for the couples wants on their big day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Ashley S

Amos was amazing!! He helped make the day go very smooth. We wanted very natural in the moment pictures and that’s what we got! We never felt under pressure when it came to his timeline. I’m sure most wedding days never happen on time and of course ours didn’t but we never felt... Read More rushed which helped to keep us relaxed the rest of the day! His quality work and his creative ideas made the pictures look awesome! Would highly recommend Soma photography!! Good luck brides!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Melissa Y

Wow! We had such a great experience with Amos and Soma Photography! We highly recommend him. He has such a passion for what he does we never had to worry about the details because we knew all our memories would be captured.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 MICHELLE O

Amos was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning. Very concerned about what we wanted & the style of photography we were interested. Day of, Amos was with us every step of the day & brought Jeremy along as well who was equally as charming. Our picture are starting to... Read More roll in & they are absolutely amazing. These guys have a great eye & were able to capture our day perfectly. Would highly recommend to anyone!!

2017-10-16T10:29:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words! You were a beautiful bride! We enjoyed working with you and having the opportunity to document your day and all the love that surrounds you and Robert.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Megan E

Amos has been the most amazing and thoughtful piece of my wedding so far! (besides my groom of course haha). I would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer, because he will go above and beyond all of your expectations!!!

2017-10-16T10:30:39 Response from the vendor

You guys rock! Your wedding day is going to be epic and we cannot wait for it to be here!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Becky D

My fiance and I have had such a great experience with Soma! Our engagement photos came out even better than expected and Amos was quick to get us back our edits. Not only is Amos professional, he is very personable, friendly, and easy to work with as well! I highly recommend and... Read More can't wait to see what our wedding photos will look like!

2017-01-15T15:33:49 Response from the vendor

You guys were awesome to work with. I had a blast photographing you both and appreciate your willingness to get a bit creative! Can't wait to ring in the New Year with you! New Years eve will be here before you know it!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 David F

We couldn't be more happy with Soma Photography. From our initial consultation he was extremely personable and easy to work with. Amos kept in touch with us all along our planning process and went far beyond what we expected to ensure our big day was a success. Our wedding day... Read More was a bit chaotic but Amos stepped in and made sure my wife and I were both calm and enjoyed the day. Our guests even commented on how surprised they were that he interacted with all of them and even when out of his way a couple of times to make people laugh and enjoy their time.

2017-01-15T15:36:25 Response from the vendor

Hey who doesn't like a bit of chaos?!! I am so happy for you guys and obviously thrilled you had a great experience. Thanks for your kind words!

Amos Darnell

I love to tell stories, it is just something that comes naturally to me. The day I picked up a camera was when I realized I could tell stories even better visually. To me, wedding photography is creative story telling where the main character is you and your beautiful story is told through authentic real emotion on one of the most memorable days of your life. I have been photographing weddings for five years and absolutely love every aspect of it. It is challenging, fun, and, yes, exhausting but it has connected me with so many amazing couples that I know call friends.