Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Marisol M

There are no words to describe how amazing Shinay is! To start off, Shinay is a very talented individual with a brilliant vision. She is truly exceptional across the board! She is professional, has a keen eye for perfection and will ensure that everything you have ever... Read More dreamed of as a little girl will come true. Shinay from the very beginning was attentive to all of our request. She works hard to make sure your day is the best day ever! For a bride, the most important thing of your wedding is not only the pictures itself but feeling comfortable with the person taking your picture because it does makes a difference. Shinay made me feel so comfortable that I did not mind her taking my picture while getting my hair fixed or looking bummy because she didn't make me feel that I needed to pose every second. She used our natural environment, our normal interaction with friends & family to make beautiful artwork. She is very easy to work with & she will do her best to make your day a special one. We received our photos yesterday and I am in AWE!!!!! I AM IN LOVE!! it is absolutely beautiful, I cried at some pictures because it truly captured the feeling even without realizing it. I truly recommend you brides or GROOMS to reach out and to work with Something Blue Photography because the experience, the moments and your pictures will always be a lifetime remembrance.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 NaSheena P

Choosing Something Blue Photography was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Shinay was able to see my vision and make it come to life. We cherish our photos from that day. The second shooter Runy was also great. My husband and I would recommend Something Blue... Read More to anyone who wants gorgeous photos and a great personality to work with.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kaitlin M

I loved Shinay's work before I met her. My best friend, and one of my bridesmaids, used Shinay for her engagement photos, and I was blown away by the quality and beauty of her work. I was newly engaged, and hadn't yet begun my search for a photographer; the search seemed... Read More daunting, given the amount of photographers in NYC, and the prices! Yikes! I asked my friend about Shinay's prices and was shocked that I could afford such an amazing photographer. Fast forward to Katy's wedding and as a bridesmaid, I was blown away by how NICE her photographer-Shinay-was. She was kind, considerate, and definitely not pushy. I asked Shinay immediately "are you booked on October 15, 2016? If not, you are hired." I'm so glad I did just that. Shinay and her team are a pleasure to work with. She is responsive, honest, and an all around lovely person, who also happens to be a phenomenal photographer. Shinay shot both our engagement photos and our wedding photos; if given the opportunity I would hire her again in an instant. We received so many compliments on our engagement shoot that even after our wedding, family members continue to request copies of our engagement photos. As for our wedding, I have only seen several "sneak peaks"... and I can say wholeheartedly that she perfectly captured the day. My husband and I look like the best versions of our selves, and the happiness and joy that we shared on that day shines in every picture. Shinay and her assistants (who I would also highly recommend) are truly gifted. I can't just say that I am "pleased" with Shinay's work, I am honored to have worked with her and will continue to sing her praises to any newly engaged couple I meet. Do yourself a favor and HIRE HER IMMEDIATELY!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Shinay is great! both professionally and personally. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable with the entire experience, from the first time we met her :) Highly recommend her for a great wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Natasha C

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Shinay! From the beginning she made communication with her easy. Due to our hectic schedules we were unable to meet in person and so she was able to accommodate us using skype. She responded to emails almost immediately and even... Read More joined my wedding photo Pinterest page to have an idea of what shots we wanted. The day of she and her second shooter, Matthew, were right on time, professional, but also a lot of fun. They made us feel comfortable and they made sure we had the shots that we wanted. We appreciated their attention to details and also we loved the candided shots they captured. The results were absolutely amazing and we would highly recommended something blue photography for any photography needs. Thank you again!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Susana H

Shinay and her team were absolutely fantastic on our wedding day! Throughout our wedding planning process, Shinay was great at keeping in touch with us, so that we were all on the same page. Our late night wedding posed a challenge in the photography world, however, Shinay... Read More overcame every hurdle and We were truly amazed with all of the beautiful moments captured and will cherish these memories forever! The photos literally brought me to tears. Shinay is super sweet and professional and helped keep us on schedule to ensure that all of our photo wishes were granted on our wedding day! She even hunted for my "I Do" sticker for the bottom of my shoe when it fell off, to make sure that I remained a happy bride! You are definitely in great hands with Something Blue Photo!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 S. I

Wonderful! Outstanding! Those are just a few things that would describe something blue photography. Shinay McNeill is a total professional but also isn't stiff or stuffy, she's willing to kick off her shoes and climb on a chair to get a shot. It wasn't like a stranger was... Read More following us around all day, it was like a friend was with us who just happened to be a fabulous photographer! She truly cares about your love story and is genuinely happy to share in every moment on your wedding day. She's legitimately honored to be a part of your day. She put me so much at ease during all the photos and she knows exactly what to say to get the right look out of you and your groom or out of that shy flower girl. She got to know the names of my bridal party and would call out to them by name while giving them direction! Her service is first class! Something very important to me when dealing with vendors is their responsiveness when I have a question (I may or may not be the #1 question asker of America, lol) Shinay always, always responded to me quickly with thorough answers to my questions. I am so thrilled that we found something blue photography for our big day. As soon as we met with Shinay, I knew that we had found a gem. We tried to play it cool taking a day to "think it over", but we knew we loved her right away. HIRE HER! Seriously, hire her, not just because my using all caps was intimidating (by design lol), but because she's the best!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Miranda S

Shinay was beyond perfect. I hired her for my October 1st wedding. She had kept in touch with me very well during the planning stages. When the forecast was calling for rain on our wedding day she was totally flexible and supportive while we tried to come up with plan b ideas,... Read More as the original plan was to take photos outdoors before the ceremony. I've now seen my sneak peek shots and I'm already in love. She captured our "first look" so beautifully. I can't wait to see the rest!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Jelissa F

We couldn't be happier with our photos from Something Blue photography! Shinay was great to work with leading up to our wedding day and just as importantly was able to quietly insert herself in special moments during the day for some great shots without being a distraction to... Read More us, our family, or guests. Overall very professional working relationship to go along with high quality photos!

Amazing photographer and amazing woman

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Betsy H

Shinay is an amazing photographer. After finding her through a Google search of photos at my venue (Maritime Parc), I came across a South Asian-American fusion wedding and mehndi that had expressive candids and natural portraits. With my wedding being a similar makeup of South... Read More Asian-American fusion with two events, I immediately emailed Shinay, met her with my husband, and booked her services for my 150 wedding in January (soon there after recommended her to a coworker for her wedding and then added her services for our mehndi the night before). She was within our budget with some room to get extra printed shots. My husband even took note of how awesome she was at our consultation. Not only was Shinay a delight to converse with before the wedding, but I was happy to see her absolutely kill it at my coworker's wedding. Hubby also noted she rocked then. The week of my wedding, Shinay was understanding with my last minute changes and uncertainty for the schedule of the mehndi. She even took the last minute schedule changes like the pro she is - with a smile and Gretzky like intuition knowing where the action was going to be. The day of my wedding, Shinay was always nearby catching candids and honing in on details. She efficiently took shots of my husband and I before the ceremony outside that didn't freeze us, was excited and willing to go back outside once it started snowing. She even put up with a group of boisterous (and drunk) groomsmen 2 nights in a row. When we weren't able to get into the top floor of our venue where we wanted to take group shots pre-ceremony, she got us set up in front of our gorgeous flower arrangements (from Tiger Lilly by Encke) and powered through bridal party and family shots with patience. And, she wasn't intrusive and did not get in the way of our guests having a good time. Best part - day after the wedding I received 8 preview photos (that were AMAZING!!!) and Shinay promises I'll have the rest in 4 weeks! Oh yea, and we get them in a shareable gallery so loved ones can easily access those huge HD images. In sum, you need Shinay for your wedding. She takes amazing photos, she's a bright light of calm and positivity on your special day, she handles all of the interesting characters you have in your family or bridal party with grace, she's a darn good deal, and she blends into the action while capturing it. I would highly recommend Shinay and Something Blue Photography, and would use her again in a heartbeat.

2016-01-20T10:08:49 Response from the vendor

I have the BEST Brides! Thank you Betsy for your awesome review and I cannot wait to share with you the images of your special day :)

Everything I Wanted in a Photographer

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Elizabeth P

Working with Shinay was awesome. She really listened to what my fiance and I wanted, including only formal posed shots before the ceremony and then the rest being 'capture the moments'. She really captured all the special, fun and touching moments of the ceremony, cocktail... Read More hour, reception and all the little details (wedding dress, rings, table set up, fruit carvings and displays from the cocktail hour, etc). She including some stunning black and white photos, which was a great surprise. My ceremony & reception was held at the Milleridge Inn Cottage House, and since this was the first time Shinay was photographing a wedding there, she took the time weeks before the wedding to meet us at the Milleridge so she could familiarize herself with the place and go over the order of events for the wedding day. I highly recommend Shinay, especially if you want personalized attention to detail and someone who is professional, yet outgoing and friendly.

We love Something Blue Photography!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Jackie a

We had a wonderful experience working with Shinay! She really captured our wedding day beautifully and was very open to what my husband and I wanted. We are very grateful to her!

No Surprises with the Wedding Photos by Something Blue Photography

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jessica J

My surprise wedding was that perfect day of being surrounded by family and friends, on hand to witness and celebrate the ceremonial union between me and the love of my life. (Our guests arrived at the NYC venue expecting to attend an awards dinner.) Managing the logistics... Read More while keeping the secret was a tremendous feat. Luckily, our wedding photographer was able to chronicle all of the details of the day without revealing the surprise to our guests before due time. Shinay McNeill of Something Blue Photography beautifully and wondrously captured the memories of this very special day -- tears of joy, laughter between bonding families, girlfriends vying for that vital bouquet, my veil blowing in the wind, the groom and his buddies toasting the future, guests dancing the night away, and the genuine look of love between my beloved and me. One of the highlights of our reception was drawing the ballroom curtains to reveal our "First Look" photo displayed on a Times Squared sized outdoor digital billboard. The image was simply breathtaking! The photo expressed all of the emotions my husband and I felt as we began our lives together. The "First Look" also set the tone for a joyous celebration lasting late into the night. Weddings, afterall, are meant to make lasting memories. The Something Blue Photography team did not disappoint the memory bank: incorporating the elements of the bridal suite to enhance shots of the gown and accoutrements; recording the simple beauty of the New York City skyline during the rooftop cocktail hour; and, documenting the vibrant floral colors, succulent food, and exquisite decor at the reception. Our wedding photos are a work of perfection. Thanks so much for the memories, Shinay and Something Blue Photography!

Love our pictures !

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Patricia

Shinay was highly recommended to my husband and I so we were very excited to have her shoot out wedding. I began to look at her work and was so glad that I chose her. She contacted us prior to our wedding and we kept in touch and she wanted to make sure what our style was and... Read More did not disappoint. We are so in love with our pictures and how she captured our day! The pictures are perfect and we are incredibly happy with the way everything came up and the quality of her work and professionalism!

Shinay as our wedding photographer

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Emma W

Shinay was very proffessional and personable. She came prepared but was also very flexible and easy to work with. She made us feel at ease on the day and the pictures turned out beautifully.

Perfect Pictures

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

So I have known Shinay since high school so I was really excited when I found out that she now had her own photography company. We did out engagement photos with Shinay on a perfect Sunny day in central park. I loved the photos so much and they were some great shots of in“the... Read More moment photos”. All of my friends and family commented how they could really feel the love in the photos. After that wonderful experience I decided to book her for my wedding and thank God I did. I had gotten a package with my DJ company: photo booth, photography videography and DJ. Let’s just say the pictures from the DJ Company were awful and heads were cut out in pictures. I was glad I listened to my gut and made Shinay my lead photographer. We were married on a cool fall day on Sunday Oct 26, 2014. Shinay was professional and on time which is really vital for a hectic day. I did not even really notice Shinay was there throughout the day. She captured some really tender moments. When it did come to our “posed photos” she was very attentive and detailed and would point how I should turn a bit this way or smooth out my fly ways on the side of my face. Her main goal was to make sure the photos were perfect and I’m glad she was there. After the wedding when the photos were ready. Shinay took a lot of time and care in creating our print outs and photo albums. They came out perfect and really captured the essence of our wedding day. Thank you Shinay and team Brianna

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Sheretta N

We booked Shinay for our wedding day and from the very beginning she was such a pleasure to work with! Always responsive to our emails and extremely attentive to our desires as a couple. What impressed me the most was that she reached out to us a few months prior to our wedding... Read More just to get to know our story a little more to ensure that she would capture our day perfectly. It was so nice to have a vendor reach out to us first for a change :) The quality of work that followed on our wedding day did not disappoint. We received are photos and are highly satisfied with the final product. I would definitely her for your wedding day photography!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Diana D

Shinay was phenomenal! From the moment she arrived she made sure we were comfortable and as close to schedule as possible. My husband and I are creative and easy-going (we tend to laugh a lot) and Shinay fit right in. Our photos are still being processed. However, we did receive... Read More a "sneak peek" email and they look amazing. Not only do we look handsome and gorgeous, but she was able to capture the essence of our love and friendship. If we had to do it all over again, we would definitely work with Shinay once more.

2015-08-03T09:16:13 Response from the vendor

Like I always say it is easy to photograph a couple when they are truly in love. Thank you Diana for letting me apart of your special day!

You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

I was VERY impressed by Something Blue Photography. Not only was she very professional, but very patient! My pictures were awesome! I had wonderful shots to choose from to use in our thank you cards and display around the house! I would definitely use them again and have... Read More recommended them to others! Happy planning!

Exactly what we wanted for our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Bernadette M

Shinay was a pleasure to work with on our wedding day. We had a pretty specific list of photos we wanted taken and she took them all. Our photos came out beautifully. I have recommended her to several friends getting married this year. She really went above and beyond what we... Read More were hoping for.

Shinay is the best!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015

We selected Shinay right off the bat at our first George St. meeting. Her photos were clean, beautiful, personal, and exactly what we wanted for our wedding photos. We had the extra pleasure of an engagement shoot with Shinay as part of our package and they turned out awesome.... Read More Shinay has such a talent for finding and capturing honest moments. Even when we didn't think she was, she was watching and grabbing our tender, silly, beautiful memories. She understood our wedding vision and our personalities. It was so helpful that she looked at my Pinterest board leading up to the wedding and made sure to get all ideas and shots that were important to us. We are so happy everytime we look back at our photos, Shinay is the best! We are so grateful for her work! (Price reflects full photo, video, albums, engagement shoot package).

Excellent Experience

Reviewed on 6/13/2015

I am beyond pleased with the services provided by Something Blue Photography. Shinay really went the extra mile on our special day. The ideas, and props she provided were more than we expected and added an extra special touch to our photos. She was very nice and warming while... Read More interacting with myself and the bridal party. She was also very professional while interacting with the rest of our guests. The pictures themselves were more than we expected and captured the essence of our day and memories for us to look back on for a lifetime. I am beyond elated with how the pictures turned out; especially the candid shots. I urge others to check out her work. You won't be disappointed by the results.