Something Minted Photography

Tacoma, Seattle, PNW, Destinations Worldwide

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

1102 A Street Ste. 402, Tacoma, WA Tacoma, Seattle, PNW, Destinations Worldwide (208) 907-1774

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Stephanie Q

Shelby is an amazing photographer!! We knew upon meeting her for the first time that she would capture all of the moments on our wedding day perfectly. She had a beautiful way of connecting with not just my husband and I but the bridal party and our families as well. We... Read More recently got our wedding photos back and were blown away with how perfectly she froze in time everything that was special to us on our wedding day. I will surely refer anyone looking for a wedding photographer her way!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Resa S

Over the last 4 years, I've had the great pleasure of working with Shelby. She's captured some big moments for me such as graduating with my Master's and my fiance's secret proposal during our snowy session. Shelby is down to earth, professional, and communicates well with you.... Read More She truly loves her work and wants to understand what you envision your session to look like. It has always been so easy to work with her. I hope you have the opportunity of working with her too!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Kari B

We loved working with Shelby! She has an amazing eye! We will treasure our photos forever❤️

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Kerry B

Shelby at Something Minted is wonderful and beautifully captured our special day. She was professional, timely, and worked with us seamlessly with our timing and location. I would highly recommend her for anyone!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 In newlywed b

I don't know how she does it, but every photo was perfect!! After the wedding day came and went I felt like it was all a blur, but the photographs Shelby and her second shooter took bring back all the memories and joy felt on that incredible day! They were there for every big... Read More moment and even the little ones I didn't see! Thank you, thank you Something Minted!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Something Minted Photography was recommended through a friend and I am SO glad! Though her photographs are nothing short of stunning, it is Shelby's sweet personality, professionalism and willingness to meet all our needs that truly gave us the best experience possible. I... Read More planned my Washington wedding 3,000 miles away from Florida, and Shelby was so understanding and accommodating to the difficulties that can come with long distance planning. She made being able to "check off" my photographer box such a breeze, and made sure to meet with me in person once I arrived back in the state to connect on a more personal level and hear more about what I truly wanted on the big day. I could not have found a better photographer to capture our fall wedding. It absolutely poured rain the day of our wedding, yet Shelby came prepared, with adorable clear umbrellas to capture some fun outdoor shots, as well as previously discovered covered areas so that we could take advantage of the natural outdoor light and be protected from the elements. We went in with a plan regarding what specific photos and what type of photos we would like on our day, yet when I thought of something on the spot or saw something occurring I wanted photographed she was easy going, and pleased to capture anything. Shelby's number one concern was always me, my groom, our wedding parties and family, and making sure that we were 1) comfortable, 2) having fun, and 3) she was capturing every special moment throughout the day. It is so important that everyone involved feels comfortable on your day to capture genuine shots, and our family members and friends repeatedly commented on how great Shelby and her second photographer Stefan were. Shelby will provide you with a great experience, and amazing high quality prints you will cherish forever. I cannot recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Molly F

There are not enough nice things in the world to describe how wonderful it was to work with Shelby from Something Minted. Shelby was my favorite vendor from my entire wedding. She is quick to respond and personable and outgoing with guests to capture the best photos possible.... Read More She shot our engagement photos, our elopement photos, and our wedding photos. Everything I've received from Shelby has been beyond my wildest expectations. Her ability to create such soft and such romantic photographs makes everything feel like magic. I can't wait to find another time to work with Shelby again!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Krystle P

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Shelby and my experience working with her. From helping us customize the package that worked for us, to making us feel comfortable during the engagement shoot, to giving me a bobby pin out her hair to help keep my veil in place---she... Read More did it all. She has the ability to let you just be in the moment while catching all the important details. For our wedding we had her second shooter Whitney there and she was also amazing. During the times I was nervous both Shelby and Whitney talked to be about every day things and kept me calm. The sneak peeks I've seen of the wedding have my dying to see more, as I know they will be perfect. If you need a photographer, don't look any further. Shelby and her team will always be my first choice. Customer for life.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Rebecca M

I'm so thankful that my maternity photos were taken by Shelby with Something Minted Photography! Shelby made me feel really comfortable and created a memorable experience for my husband and I. When I saw the pictures for the first time, I was blown away and felt even more... Read More beautiful. I usually hate how I look in all pictures, but Shelby's talent is truly magical, and she made me feel so incredibly beautiful! I love how her photographs are so natural. She has a true talent and artistic eye. I'm so glad to have these photographs by Shelby to cherish for years to come!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lauren P

Shelby is very kind and patient. She directs you with simplicity and describes a pose she wants you to do that is easy to understand. She is also very flexible and organized in her schedule. She shows up prepared and professional with a welcoming smile! She makes you feel at... Read More ease during your photo shoot. I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Cristina D

Professional, kind, creative, simple, and complimentary are just a few of many words there are to describe Shelby and her business. My husband and I were absolutely floored at her professionalism in getting the contract out to us, having full disclosure and the communication was... Read More very punctual for our engagement and wedding day timeline. She has a way of making you feel so important in those session moments and through snail mail and email. She surprises you with such sweetness when you don't see it coming! (You'll know what I mean once you book and have worked with her). Her work I simple yet creative and truly looks like work out of a magazine - a soft light, natural, everything you want out of a photo kind of magazine. One of my favorite parts while shooting with Shelby is when she compliments you as the sessions moves. It keeps the mood light, the attention on you and your hubby, and really helps you get comfortable in being yourself because you know she genuinely loves what she's doing. Fantastic, impressive, and gorgeous work is to be expected from every photo taken by Something Minted

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Amanda C

From the brides perspective so much planning and anticipation goes into planning for your wedding day, and then when the day finally comes it's a whirlwind of things to accomplish and people to talk to. The wedding day was such a blur to me and I felt unable to truly savor it.... Read More Thank goodness for Shelby and Something Minted Photography, seeing our photos was like reliving our wedding day. She perfectly captured all the joy and smiles so that I was able to reabsorb all the details that went into that day. As we looked at her gallery we were flooded with all the emotion we felt that day. All the overwhelming feelings I felt melted away and now all I can remember is how perfect that day was because of how perfect the day was photographed. I cannot put into words how thankful I am for her talent. We love Shelby!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Kelsea B

We could not be more happy with our experience with Shelby! She is extremely organized and detail-oriented which made the whole process stress-free and enjoyable. She has an artful eye and makes you feel relaxed and confident that she is capturing all of your special moments.... Read More After our engagement shoot with her I was so excited for her to shoot our wedding too and we are so in love with all of the pictures that she captured. Along with being just a great photographer, she is such a genuine person and shared her excitement with us leading up to our big day. Our wedding flew by so quickly but Shelby did such a wonderful job of capturing all of the small moments and details that will allow us to relive them every time we look at them. We are truly able to see all the emotions that were shared in the pictures, which is so special! She was extremely timely through the whole process, replying to emails and delivering the photos. If you are looking for a photographer who has the ability to artfully capture all of your most special and emotional moments, I highly recommend Something Minted Photography. I will continue to recommend Shelby and will be using her in the future to capture more special moments as our family grows!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Conner R

Shelby is more than an incredible photographer; she's a great person to have join the family for your special day. Our not-so-traditional wedding could have thrown off some photographers but she made every unique moment look better than I could've imagined. Her poise and genuine... Read More demeanor helped the preparation for the day feel relaxed and stress-free. They consistently exceed expectations. She has done mine and my sister's wedding and we will recommend her to anyone we know.

Memories Forever

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I never imagined I would ever have such perfect wedding photos...photos that are SO alive and take me right back to each and every moment that I experienced on our wedding day! I can't even begin to express how thankful I am to have been lucky enough to cross paths with Shelby... Read More when I was looking for a wedding photographer. Shelby was so professional and approachable throughout every interaction, from first meetings--through the wedding day. I dislike having my picture taken; I become so self conscious that it totally shows in photos. Shelby made me feel so comfortable that I didn't even realize she was there much of the time. She captured so many moments of my wedding that are so important to me, as well as moments that were being made that I missed on my busy day. Her photographic style is unlike most; she is able to capture such feeling and emotion. I'm so grateful that I may go back to those moments anytime I please. Thank you Shelby!!!! xoxoxo

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Gea C

I first found out about Something Minted Photography through a college friend. Shelby had done her graduation photos. When I saw the photos, I was impressed. The lighting, the editing and the composition of the photos were all done really well. My friend informed that she also... Read More did wedding photography. I knew I had to contact her for my wedding photos. Shelby is a pleasure to work with. She's friendly, professional, and attentive. My fiancé and I have hectic schedules but Shelby is very accommodating. She responds to emails, texts and calls in a timely manner. We just had our engagement photos taken and I loved the way they turned out!! They were just what I had hoped for!! She gave us a lot of direction (which we needed ;) but she also gave us options on what we wanted to do. She definitely takes care of her customers. I can't wait for her to take my wedding photos!!!

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I absolutely loved my experience with Something Minted! Shelby had a vision that alligned with mine and made us look like we were in a bridal magazine -I can't get over the photos! Thanks for making our day all the more special, Shelby!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Shelby is the type of person you love being around. Extremely responsive, detailed oriented and always positive :) My husband and I are grateful to have had her be such an integral apart of our wedding day! She has a natural ability to capture beauty in things & I think every... Read More photo from our day is stunning. I HIGHLY recommend Something Minted Photography and already look forward to the next time I get to work with her! Simply wonderful!

Dreamy, Romantic and Real!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Shelby and her assistant did an amazing job on our wedding day, making sure to capture every moment in the most romantic of ways! Her pricing was worth every minute she shared with us and the quality of the photos are everything I have dreamt of and more. She was even sweet... Read More enough to add in a few gifts for the morning of my wedding day! I would recommend her over and over again to anyone. She was hands down the best photographer I have ever worked with, and if you are looking for someone who captures everything and more on your wedding day than this is definitely the photographer for you. I have had so many compliments on how amazing our photos turned out, and I definitely could not be any happier with them! I hope to work with Shelby again in the future :)

Something minted is something wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

I'd never had professional photos done before my engagement/wedding and I was really nervous about it. Not only did Shelby make me feel completely at ease, she made it fun. Her pictures are beautiful and true reflections of all the happiness and love felt that day. My husband... Read More deployed shortly after our wedding and her photos were such a comfort during that time. The photos she took were perfect, the best reminders of what we were looking forward to at the end of our separation, I can't imagine anyone else's photos doing that for us like her's did.

Beautiful photographs!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Krystina S

I love Something Minted Photography. I've had Shelby take my photos for senior year of college, our engagement, wedding, and post wedding styled shoot. Her talent with natural light is amazing. I've never seen anything I like as much as her photography style. Shelby is the kind... Read More of person that can make friends with anybody and she will make you feel like you've known her for years no matter who you are. She listens to her clients and does her best to give them what they want. I was so excited to have her for our wedding and when it rained the hardest of the whole month that day, she came prepared with cute umbrellas and alternate ideas to keep me happy and not crushed that the weather didn't agree with us. We had her back a few months later because I was determined to have those Something Minted Photography golden hour shots! They turned out so beautiful! We get compliments all the time for our gorgeous photos. I find my self combing through all our photo sessions a lot. I hope to have her for my my big future moments like maternity, newborn, and family photos. I'm just another review, all the proof you need is in her blog. Please go check it out! I feel so honored to be the subject of her photos! Especially more than once! The golden hour is so dreamy and Shelby captures it so so beautifully. She'll make you feel like a rockstar and you'll find yourself admiring the photos for ever. Just see her photos for yourself! Dreamy, light, natural. If that's what you're looking for, that's what you'll get.

Something Minted Photography...Absolute Perfection!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Amanda E

My Husband and I tied the knot on August 8th 2015. I was the type of bride that wanted/needed everything perfect, from the venue to the dress to the cake all the way down to the silverware. (Let’s be honest, we dream about this day our entire lives…we have time to make sure it’s... Read More to perfection!). I knew my biggest issue was going to be the photographer; after all, the photographer is the only one to capture this special day and to make sure you have beautiful memories that will last forever. I searched for months and months but because I was so particular, I could not settle for what I was seeing. My Dreams came true when I came upon www.somethingminted.com. I was in shock! Scrolling through the pictures on the website, I fell in love. The posted pictures were so delicately soft, yet they still made such a huge impression. I had no clue on where Something Minted was or who it was, all I knew was; I finally found my photographer! All it took was a quick email and Ms. Shelby Schmidt (Owner and Lead Photographer) met with me at a coffee shop to discuss the big day. She was very organized, professional and extremely sweet. It was so important to her to get to know me a bit and really discuss my vision of how I wanted to remember my wedding day forever. (And even brought me the sweetest gift) I felt so comfortable with Shelby and her assistant. I knew that if everything on my wedding day went wrong, I would at least have the best photographer to make sure everything looked like it went right. All of our pictures turned out amazing. The day was totally captured and it looked even more classy, elegant and grand than I remembered it being. Truly, Shelby works seamlessly to get the best shots, most of the evening I didn’t even know they were there. Shelby is able to tell a story with one picture, many of the pictures brought me to tears because she knew what moment to capture, she never missed one. She is meticulous about making sure you look your best, making sure the lighting is just right, making sure awkward divorced families look like they get along, making sure the little ones stand still and actually give a precious smile, making sure…you get the point. I could ramble on and on, but getting to the point and purpose of this review; I could not be happier with Something Minted Photography, everything came out perfect. I am so blessed that I married the man of my dreams and now have the beautiful memories I will be able to share forever! -Happy Bride, Amanda Willard

Wonderful Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Lindsay P

Shelby photographed our wedding last year and we couldn't be happier with our pictures! Shelby was very professional and easy to talk to, and we felt after meeting with her several times before the wedding that she really understood our vision. We were very impressed that she... Read More visited the venue before the wedding and already had several locations picked out for photographs. Despite being married during the peak of wedding season, Shelby was able to return our photos to us within a very reasonable time. My husband and I would highly recommend Something Minted and have already booked a holiday session!

More than I dreamed of

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

The photos turned out better than I could have imagined! Our personalities were really captured. Not only were the photos great, but Shelby is great to work with! She made the entire process feel laid back, stress free, and fun!

Simply Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

"Something Minted" is absolutely incredible! Shelby is such a doll, and is genuinely passionate about what she does. She is extremely detail oriented, which immediately put me at ease knowing I could trust her to play such a key role on such a special day. Shelby offers... Read More personalized attention and suggestions to her couples, which is completely invaluable. She is flexible, and truly wants to make the experience flawless. She was even kind enough to help plan my two day wedding celebration at both the Oregon Coast and Columbia Gorge! I am so thankful to have found "Something Minted" and couldn't imagine working with a better vendor, and ultimately a better person. I highly recommend "Something Minted" to any couple!