Designer gowns at 30-80% OFF RETAIL!

Proud to be the Reading Bridal District's only retailer of amazing designer gowns, priced at 30-80% OFF RETAIL! We scour the country for shops that are closing their doors and purchase their inventory. This approach allows us to offer our brides fantastic designer gowns at rock-bottom prices!

Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Plus Size Available, Fashion

137 West Benson Street, Reading, OH (513) 821-1777

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Julie L

Such an intimate and beautiful experience! My consultant was wonderful and really cared about finding me the perfect dress and such an amazing price. The store was beautiful and obviously lovingly cared for.

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Maddie M

I did everything wrong: showing up with no ideas and a huge entourage. Suzy was amazing! She helped me identify what I like about each dress, eliminate the misses, and revisit and revision the true contenders. My family and I had so much with each other, the staff, and the... Read More other beautiful brides in the boutique. It was a truly blissful experience that I would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Paige K

Something new, borrowed blue was an amazing place to go dress shopping! The consultant I had was amazing and she helped me pick out the dress of my dreams. I highly recommend shopping here!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Claire K

Very helpful and encouraging staff. Made it an easy experience to shop for and find my dress!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Kristin M

I had a much better experience at Something New, Borrowed & Blue than I did other bridal shops in the area. I felt very comfortable and welcomed as soon as I walked in the door. They were friendly, personable and made it really feel like a special day. I love my dress and I'd... Read More highly recommend this shop to others!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Bailey J

I loved my experience at SNBB! Everyone that worked there was so helpful! I love that I had the ability to walk through the racks and pick out dresses that I liked and try them on. I ended up finding the perfect dress that was super affordable! Thank you SNBB!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Molly

This was the first place I went to look for dresses and I had such a great experience with the consultants! I found my dream dress after 3 dresses!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Hanna A

Allie was great! I had a great experience and felt the whole process to be effortless. This was the first and only store I went into. I would highly recommend this store and you can't beat the selection of dresses and price!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Kayla B

Had such a great experience here! The consultant was very helpful! I found an amazing dress for a fraction of the cost I would pay at any of the other bridal shops in the Reading district. Even got money off of the already reduced price!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Emily J

We stopped in about 2 hours early for my appointment after another fell short of expectation. They were incredibly nice and let us not only move up the appointment but also play around in the racks and pick out what felt like 20 dresses to try on (with some silly just for fun... Read More picks thrown in) Allie was wonderful in helping me literally dive into the dresses and making me feel so comfortable in picking a dress that felt right for me and not one just to make a sale. They let my rather silly bridesmaids play with the accessories while they were waiting for me resulting in a lot of fun and cute pictures. I found the perfect dress for me! Not only was it a perfect style for me but I'm also going to be able to afford the alterations to make it a perfect fit (a full lace dress for 60%+ off?!?!? What?!?!?!) I would absolutely recommend SNBB to any brides. Especially plus size - the slection was really good and I was actually able to try on dresses that fit or were too big! I found my gown at Something New, Borrowed and Blue :-) <3

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 M G

I had an okay experience the day I bought my dress. It was a little too small but the staff promised me that they wouldn't sell it to me if it couldn't be altered for $200-250. I have pictures of how it didn't fit the day of fitting. A month or two later when I went to get it... Read More altered, it turned out my alterations were going to cost $1000 which is $250 more than what I paid for my dress. The lace is impossible to alter and delicate so more has to be ordered to be added. I tried saving money, but instead was tricked into buying a dress I thought would be easily altered. The owner had the nerve to ask if I had gained weight since I bought the dress, as if it were my fault, not their staff. My family has contacted the owner and they agreed to replace it if it hadn't been altered, but when they said that, they said it after we had told them we had altered it. Don't buy a dress that is too small from them! They won't realistically work with you even if their incompetent staff tell you the dress can cheaply and easily be altered.

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Heather S

I was warmly greeted the minute I walked in the door, mentioned what I liked and didn't like in the other what seemed like one hundred dresses I had tried on previously and the ladies were so helpful! There were so many options to look through. The prices were wonderful and the... Read More ladies made the experience super easy and fun! I highly recommend Something New, Borrowed & Blue if you're looking for unique gown and a great experience.

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Anna L

I had a wonderful experience! Allie was an amazing consultant; working with her felt like searching for the perfect dress with an old friend. I tried on several dresses and kept coming back to the first dress I tried on. I didn't feel pressured by anyone to purchase anything,... Read More and I didn't feel rushed either. I also loved the friendly atmosphere; there were a couple of other brides and their friends and families in there trying dresses on at the same time, and everyone was complimenting each other. I was given advice on what to look for in a seamstress since I live out of state. I am in love with my Chloe gown. It's the perfect mix of classic and sparkle. I love it even more now that I'm home!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Julia G

I loved my experience at Something New, Borrowed and Blue. I actually went to the store twice before finding my dress. The first time I visited, I worked with Kate. She was wonderful and very patient with me while I was trying on a variety of dresses. Unfortunately, at that... Read More time, they did not carry anything that I was looking for. She didn't pressure me at all to settle for a dress I didn't like and encouraged me to look on their facebook page to keep tabs on when they receive new inventory. Three weeks later I went in for another visit on a whim. I didn't even have an appointment. They were able to fit me in and Kate was there to help me again. She remembered what I was looking for and worked with me and family to find it. She felt like another friend helping me find my dress. When I put on my dress she got just as excited as we were "this is what we have been looking for!" I am so glad I found my dress here and had Kate to help me along the way! You can't beat the prices here and my dress came with a free veil! It was perfect!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Sophia H

I feel an obligation to review this company out of respect to other brides in the Cincinnati area that feel they are trying to save money, and that this is the best place to go. It is not. I was treated very rudely, and the owner was misleading with prices. I ended up getting... Read More my dress at European Bridal for $600, and it was stunning! When you are shopping at Something Borrowed, you are buying "off the rack." That means that, instead of having a dress made specially for you, you are buying a dress as-is, all sales final. This makes the dresses less expensive. EVERY dress shop in the Bridal District sells "off the rack." The selection is more limited at other stores, but the prices are actually cheaper than they were at Something Borrowed. In fact, the salesperson at European Bridal told me that European Bridal sells their off-the-rack dresses to Something Borrowed. Another downside of Something Borrowed is that because they are hand-me-downs from other stores, they have been tried on by dozens of other women. You could see that the dresses were somewhat damaged. If you are looking for a deal on a dress, I would suggest going to a different shop and asking to buy "off the rack." I got my dress at European Bridal within 1 hour of leaving Something Borrowed, and it was stunning. Also, Buzzfeed put out an amazing article about Amazon.com wedding dresses; there are some awesome ones on there for a few hundred bucks!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Natalie L

The prices are so reasonable for dresses that are just as beautiful as the rest. The ladies were very helpful and kind and made dress shopping fun and easy, unlike some of the other stores I visited. I highly recommend checking out Something New, Borrowed & Blue to anyone... Read More shopping for bridal gowns!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017

This is the place to go for your dress. I received the best service and and ended up with a stunning dress. I had gone to several salons and while the service was good it was nothing like it was at Something New Borrowed and Blue. The whole store seems to be invested in each... Read More bride and in the two hours I was there no bride walked out of there without their dream dress. And the prices are amazing! My dress is worth way more than what I paid for it!!!! Highly recommend this place, they have tons of dresses in tons of styles and sizes all hand picked for the store!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Amanda P

Staff is very friendly, dresses are beautiful, prices are very reasonable! Absolutely great! Just purchased my wedding dress there. Very happy!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Devon B

Was very disappointed after going here... My future sister in law had highly recommended it, so I was excited to see what they had to offer. We came in, in the middle of the week, right after the store opened with no appointment, (goal was fact gathering throughout several... Read More shops, not necessarily trying/buying dresses) we were scoffed at when I told her my budget and that we had no appointments, and were met with a "Well, good luck with that, none of the other shops can meet your budget and you won't be able to try anything on at any of the stores without an appointment". We were told that we would have to make an appointment to try anything on but we could peruse all we wanted. No one else was in the store so a little annoying but not a big deal. Made an appointment for later that afternoon and scoped out a few dresses to try on when we came back. We left and went to 3 other salons. After SNBB I was worried that they wouldn't be able help us because we did not have an appointment, and had a tight budget, BUT they ALL were so nice, helped picked out dresses, that were within budget and let me try on as many as I wanted. When we went back to SNBB at the time of my appointment, we were 30 min early but the store was still empty so we were able to be seen right away. Despite this I was told I could ONLY choose 3 dresses to try on. When I tried them on, none of them fit. Which under normal circumstances is frustrating but the consultant was rude and dismissive, making it worse. Mind you I was trying on the same sizes I had tried at the other 3 salons . Instead of offering help in finding dresses that would have a better fit, or offering any solutions whatsoever I got a "So are we done here?" Walked out after 10 minutes, and went straight back to European Bridal and bought a dress (off the rack!) I had tried on earlier in the day and was able to bring it home that day. Everyone has their off days, and it seems a lot of people had great experiences here, but I left feeling judged, and extremely frustrated. I hope it was just an off day, but it felt important to share my experience.

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Allison M

Amazing staff and the prices are quite good as well. Whenever you buy a wedding gown, the veil is included with the price. I also bought my rehearsal dress there the same day!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Elly T

We were greated with a friendly smile as soon as we walked in the door! Everyone was so sweet and helped me stay on budget. I'd recommed Something New,Borrowed and Blue to any future brides!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Paige M

Very helpful and found me an amazing dress!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Jaimie M

I just bought my gown from Something New, Borrowed, and Blue this past weekend. The customer service was amazing! I made an appointment and when I walked in the door my consultant was ready to greet me. She really wanted to hear what I was looking for and make sure I could stay... Read More in my budget. She was happy to let me try on as many dresses as I wanted and made the experience so great by trying on different belts and veils. I ended up going to a few more stores before coming back and realizing a dress I had tried on was my dress. When I came back my consultant was more than happy to help me again and didn't make me wait at all. They even gave me a free view! I would definitely recommend checking this store out!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Lisa S

Since I had time to kill before my next appointment, I decided to give this place a try. Didn't think I would come out with my dress. I got an amazing deal on it and could t be happier. Everyone was so friendly there. Definitely would recommend this place to a bride

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Shelby O

This is a great option for brides with a slightly smaller dress budget. Selections are a little more limited and you have to take it off the rack as-is (they're new dresses, but they don't order in different sizes, so for example if you love a dress and it's an 8, you're getting... Read More an 8). Luckily, I found a dress that fit me almost perfectly, but I did still have some expensive alterations to create the bustle, etc. But the staff was great, including the manager. I also love that they threw in my veil for free! Saved me probably $100 or more just in veil costs alone! I am slow at making decisions and like to sleep on things, and they encourage you to walk away with your dress that day or else it "might not be there anymore" so I did feel that pressure, but when the thought of someone else getting my dress made me queasy, I knew I had to get that one! Definitely work taking a trip to see what they have in store.

Meet The Manager

Martha Gardin

Hello! My name is Martha and I am the manager of Something New, Borrowed and Blue. I began my career in bridal when I was 21 so it's been close to 30 years working with brides and I still love it. My consultants and I can't wait to help you find your dream gown at an amazing price!