Love. Capture. Relive.

Capturing love stories while creating beautiful, timeless films. We believe that every film, just like you, is unique, and should be treated with a one-of-a-kind experience. A Something New Media film is a chance to tell your story unlike any other, and we do this by focusing our cinematic and documentarian expertise on you and the people surrounding you.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Chicago & Milwaukee Metro Areas (630) 446-0135
INSTAGRAM

Artistic, reasonable and professional

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Bonnie C

In planning my wedding I initially didn't think I needed a video. With a background in the photography industry and having numerous photographer friends to choose from to photograph my wedding I thought that would be enough to capture the day's events. I also had in my mind this... Read More old-fashioned view of wedding videography. I had memories of awkward speeches made while passing the microphone around to each guest at the reception. This all changed when I met Something New Media at a wedding event. Their wedding video display was exactly what I wanted but just didn't know it until then. It was 2 months before my wedding so I made a last minute decision to hire Something New Media and I am so happy I did. Devin was extremely professional but not only that he was a really cool guy that I instantaneously felt comfortable with him as if we had been friends all along. The final video was more than I had envisioned. He captured every moment and even focused on the tiny details that only someone like me (a perfectionist) would notice. There are moments on the video where I didn't even know he was there (and that is a good thing). Devin has a creative vision and pulls it off beautifully in the final product. I would absolutely without a doubt recommend Something New Media. Too bad I don't have the funds to renew my vows every year because I would love to have a new video every year from Something New Media (maybe if we win the lotto!)

2016-06-14T09:09:19 Response from the vendor

This is so cool to hear. Thank you for the terrific review! It was a pleasure working on your film. Let us know if you win that lotto tho! :-)

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Emily M

I could not have asked for a better experience with Something New Media. From the very beginning, they catered to our needs and made sure we picked the right package within our budget. They were very flexible when I had changes to the timeline. Our two cinematographers for the... Read More day were the BEST! They fit right in with our group and made the experience that much better. It rained the ENTIRE day and they rolled with the punches and made suggestions for possible outdoor places to go. It turned what could have been disastrous in to something fun. We received our video before they estimated (always a plus!). I had a few changes and they made them immediately. The heirloom wooden container that we received as a part of the package was absolutely beautiful. Thank you to the entire team for your work!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Ingrid G

Wonderful company who works hard to make great impressions. We couldn't have been happier to hiring Something New Media to help create lasting memories!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Donnell H

Amazing to work with! Our next week social media trailer absolutely exceeded our expectations. Can't wait to see our final full length video! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Laura G

I went back and forth trying to decide if the cost of a videographer was worth it on the big day. Ultimately I decided that although pictures last forever, capturing someone's voice or laugh on film is also priceless. So Troy and I went for it after meeting Something New Media... Read More at a bridal expo in Chicago. We will never regret our decision. The film is beautifully made and the film quality is amazing. I truly feel that James and Mike (our AMAZING videographers) captured Troy and I's personality so well. They were so engaging and friendly, but at the same time non-intrusive. We never felt like we had cameras shoved in our faces and every interaction we had with our videographers was a great one. We even had a great time with them at our friends' wedding the following month, where they also happened to be filming! Both films are amazing and brought our family to tears and laughter. I do not have one bad thing to say about them - definitely worth every penny.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Jonathan W

If it were not for James and his team, we would not have any way to truly revisit not only the visual sensation that was our wedding, but more importantly, the feelings, the emotions and the love. The way the video was shot, edited and with the music, with multiple shooters, the... Read More drone and the personal interviews captured a very magical time and did it so well, that we truly love watching all the videos over and over again. Something New Media got to know us in a brief time and understood how we wanted to forever capture the Time of Our Lives. Something New Media is in a Class all by itself. Thank you. We will be using them in the future for sure and will recommend them to anyone who needs a top quality film making team..

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Aaron K

James and the team with Something New Media were amazing from start to finish. During the consult, they listened to our needs and guided us to choosing the right package to fit our wedding. On the day of, James went above and beyond making sure to get amazing footage. He showed... Read More up early and left late. He was truly passionate about making a great film for us. The final product really shows it. Every time my wife and I watch it we are transported back to the woods where we held our wedding. We can't thank him and his team enough for the great service and the memories. Hire them and relax knowing you've made a great choice.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kristina B

I looked at so many options for videographers for our big day! As soon as I came across Something New Media I knew I had found what I was looking for. With numerous options of incredible videographers, we were able to pick the one that best fit into our wedding day, and we were... Read More above and beyond happy with the experience! Not only did our wedding video turn out perfectly beautiful, our videographer Devin was so easy and pleasant to work with. I feel like we got so lucky by finding Something New Media!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Mark S

I can't thank Devin and his team enough. My wife and I loved our wedding videos and everyone was so professional. They supported us very well and even connected us with the most amazing wedding coordinator! The quality of their work speaks for itself! My wife and I highly... Read More recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Sarah B

I was a very thorough bride when it came to vendors. I interviewed over 15 videographers so trust me when I tell you, if you are looking for an extremely professional, high end quality video, at an amazing value. Something new is the ONLY company. We searched a long time for... Read More videographers. We received a lot of recommendations but were never truly wowed until we stumbled into Something New Media. The trailers were very impressive and so we called to get a quote. I kid you not, James flew out from Arizona to meet us in Chicago and plan our wedding video with us. He asked a lot of great questions, was super nice and professional and offered us a great price. Day of the event they worked very well alongside our photographer. On time and never in the way. James and his team gave good instructions and really made us feel comfortable. Other than that we didn't notice they were there. Moment of Truth! We received first our wedding video trailer (2 mins) then a longer video (8 mins) and finally we were sent our full wedding video in a nice package complete with a wedding album and multiple digital copies. WOW! We were the first couple to hire Something New for a Chicago wedding and we were absolutely blown away by the videos. We posted the trailer to social media and our friends and family all said the same thing, "It looks like a Hollywood movie!". Obviously since then we've recommended them to everyone we know. We're very proud of the work they did for us. On top of all this, I have to say, James never hesitated to answer the phone and patiently and politely answer any questions or requests I had. We've heard so many horror stories from friends of other videographers and we know how hard it can be to find someone who does everything so well from beginning to end. We are so thankful to these guys for the incredible job they did and we love to see great businesses be rewarded for their great work. So honestly, do yourself a favor, hire these guys!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Sarah B

Looking forward to the final product

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Danielle V

I believe my videographers names were Dallas and Jake. I hardly noticed they were there. The reason why I didn't give any stars on quality is because I haven't gotten my video back yet, so I don't know how the quality will be. Service was three stars because they had an eight... Read More hour window. They showed up a little early, on their own accord, and decided to start the clock then. I didn't have them contracted for the whole event because I didn't feel it necessary, but I gave a very specific end time. Since they arrived early, they left at their eight hour mark, meaning they also left early. I was kind of upset about that. At one point I saw Dallas, without any camera equipment, sitting with our guests and talking. I don't know how long he was chatting or if it was related to his work, but it seemed like he was sitting down enjoying himself at my wedding and not filming. Like I said, I don't know all the details to the situation, but it seemed strange... Devin is the owner (I believe) and he was awesome. He was not at our event, but we had a sit down meeting with him prior and talked about our vision. Very open and understanding and loved our ideas. Communication was pretty on point, except I had sent my remaining balance check in the mail and got a call a few weeks afterward asking for my remaining balance to be paid. I said I sent it and they said they did not receive it, oh wait let me check the mail. He checked the mail and it was in the freaking mail box. I then got an email a few weeks after saying my invoice was ready. What invoice? I just paid the remaining balance? So communication within the company might not be strong, but whenever I had questions, they were always answered in a timely manor.

2016-06-14T09:07:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback! We've definitely improved and grown over the past months due to helpful reviews like this one. We're really embarrassed and sorry about the invoice and other snafu, but we hope you truly enjoy your wedding film! It was our pleasure... Read Less Read More

Video

Reviewed on 12/13/2014 Elle M

The videographer was amazing! Very nice and professional to film every aspect. I'm not sure $1700 is worth the 8 minute video though.

2016-06-14T09:04:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words! We hope the video ages well, and proves to be more and more valuable as the years go by! Thank you for letting us document your wedding!

Best decision to have them!

Reviewed on 3/31/2014 Chelsey S

The best way to describe Josh and Devin is they were Ghosts, but in a good way. For example, during our wedding they were never in the way but were always able to capture every single moment. Our wedding trailer came out within 24 hours of the wedding and was a huge hit. Our... Read More family and friends who couldn't make it were able to feel like they were there. The last minute decision to book them was the best choice by far. We love that we have a video piece of our wedding we can watch over and over again and show our kids one day too.

2016-06-14T09:03:31 Response from the vendor

THank you so much! We're so happy that you're happy! We hope you continue enjoying it for years to come!

Meet The Director of Sales

Samantha Drake

My whole life I’ve spent the majority of my time…behind the camera. Whether it was capturing family moments or pets, friends in their natural environment, or amazing landscape, I loved every moment spent behind the lens. As I grew older, I started noticing more and more how passionate I am simply about photography and the art of portraying an idea in an image. Now, being able to represent some of the most talented photographers and cinematographers in the Chicago & Milwaukee area, I'm excited to continue my journey and help couples create lasting memories of their love story!