Cakes + Desserts

31236 Five Mile Road, Livonia, MI (734) 525-5544

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Michal P

Sorella's Cakes are the best tasting cakes out there! They have so many combinations that you can pick from and they are all soooo yummy! We were very open to the decorations that they used. I gave them some pictures and told them to be creative and run with it....my only... Read More suggestions is that their pipping is a little heavy, but it still looked beautiful. I can't wait for our one year anniversary so that I can get out free cake to eat.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Courtney C

Sorella's is just absolutely amazing. I went there for my wedding cake tasting. The samples were awesome. I were able to taste multiple cake and mousse flavors. My then Fiance and I were able to create our own combinations for our wedding cake. We looked through the photos... Read More available and explained we liked a certain design but wanted to add flowers, bling, and use different colors. Monica did our consultation, she immediately understood our design. She showed us examples of flowers and colors. Monica also, explained how she would make our vision come true! The day of our nuptials all of our guest loved the cake. The guest loved how moist the cake was and the delicious combinations of cake/mousse. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious, there wasn't any left. Thank you so much to everyone at Sorella's. We really enjoyed our cake and tell everyone we know to go to Sorella's.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Briana R

I was beyond blown away. I wanted rhinestones around the cake trim.. and she said the fine as lone as I bring the trim. well being a out of town bride and so busy I never got around to it. but the day the trim was on the cake I was to excited. the went above and beyond without... Read More me even asking. thank you guys so much

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Jill N

Wow! We chose Sorella's because the reviews were good and they did not disappoint. They were accommodating to my request of a small cake and cupcakes and they even decorated the small cake like a birch tree trunk. It looked lovely for our venue. Everything tasted great too. The... Read More only negative was that my husband and I didn't get to eat but one bite of our wedding cake :( we will just have to come back and order another small cake!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Sabrina B

My husband and I wanted to go a less traditional route, and wanted cupcakes. Everyone I called for quotes charged so much for cupcakes, but Sorella's had a phenomenal rate. We went in for our tasting and were blown away! The owners were so fun and personable. We came up with... Read More some unique and fun flavors for our wedding and everyone raved about how delicious they were. I definitely plan on using them again in the future for other events!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Mariah P

Sorella's is hands down the best bakery I have ever been to. Monica is amazing, she helped us pick our cake from design to flavors and everything in between. We sat down and within minutes felt like she was part of our family, laughing and joking. When our cake was delivered... Read More it was absolutely stunning, a mirror image of what we wanted. The cake tasted amazing, everyone complimented us on the cake. It was an October wedding, so we had pumpkin spice on one layer, and red velvet on the other two. It was the best cake I've ever had. We will definitely be coming back to Sorella's for all of our cakes from now on. Thank you Monica, and all of your staff for everything. You are all amazing!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Danielle M

I wish I could give them more stars! From our first contact with them, our experience was amazing! This small shop has incredible flavors and made us feel like family from the tasting scheduling to the delivery of our cake the day of the wedding. We gave them inspiration photos... Read More for the decorations and they nailed it! Further, they discounted desserts for the other wedding-related events as well (shower, bachelorette party, etc.), and provide a free anniversary cake (no freezing and eating year-old cake). I ordered by hubbies birthday cake, and was pleasantly surprised that my smaller, cheaper order was given the same consideration and professionalism. Go have a tasting with them, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Danielle K

Where should I begin with this review? How stunning the lace work was on our cake? How perfectly the pearls were placed to look like a vintage masterpiece? How it was EXACTLY my vision? How about how delicious it was? Our experience with Sorella's from start to finish was... Read More nothing short of outstanding. Monica was wonderful! I think she was more excited about the cake than we were! But that tells you how passionate she was about our cake and making our day special. When my husband and I walked into the room before anyone else could and everything was decorated, that cake stood out! I told Monica I cried, and I truly did. It was my vision realized. Everyone raved about the cake and how scrumptious it was. I didn't want to cut into it, it was too pretty! If you are in the Livonia area (or anywhere in MI because they deliver) I highly recommend Sorella's. Fantastic customer service, quick to respond, and very reasonably priced. Thank you Sorella's and thank you SO MUCH Monica for making our day special. I will be recommending you to everyone!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Taylor R

We loved everything about our wedding cake from Sorella's Homemade Baked Goods! They made my golden sequins wedding cake dreams come true by spraying sprinkles gold! The cake was moist and the fills are to die for. We received many compliments on the cake design and the flavor!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Hillary D

Sorella's is my favorite without a doubt. I knew from the beginning I'd be choosing them for our wedding desserts and they did not disappoint. We had cupcakes and lemon bars and everyone could not stop talking about how wonderful they were. Sorella's kept everything simple and... Read More delicious just like we wanted and I will always keep going back.

Reviewed on 2/19/2016 Roslyn M

OMG!!! Our cake not only looked like a masterpiece it tasted like one too!! We didnt really care about the look as long as the cake tasted great but Monica wouldnt have that! Our cake was so special and delicious everybody commented on how much they LOVED it and what a "home... Read More run" we hit!! Thank you for the amazing cake!!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Kristen S

The cake was DELICIOUS! Very fresh and it look perfect. We had different cake for every layer and all our guests complimented the cake saying it tasted homemade and not like the other 'blah' wedding cakes. Sorella's is the best They even made my grooms cake which was a cake that... Read More looked like a pizza. AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Shelby Bupp C

5 Stars=Wow, the best ever! That's exactly right. Sorella's has it all: Delicious cake, options for every type of sweet tooth, friendly team, family owned and service beyond compare. Sorella's created our wedding cakes, complete with the idea to use them as centerpieces... Read More with each table having a different flavor. Our very fun guests visited with other tables to try their cakes. It was unique, social and unforgettable--and really made some of the candid shots for the photographer fun. Sorella's even made one table a "birthday cake" for a guest having a birthday on our wedding day. Since our wedding, we've used Sorella's for any excuse we can think of (bosses/office birthdays, family events, you name it). To date, our favorite is probably the construction site cake she made for our son's birthday. It was so perfect and delicious. Sincerely, Shelby & Kyle Crockett

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 John B

Scott and I wanted to thank the People at Sorella's so much for such and amazing wedding cake!! Our wedding reception was amazing AND everybody knows ya have to have an excellent looking and tasting cake!! Monica being one of the owners helped us with every detail and made... Read More picking out a cake an easy and a super fun experience. We are both truly grateful and highly recommend Sorella's to all we come into contact with!! Thank you again!! John and Scott Borgne!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katrina D

Sorella's by far has the best cakes ever. We have used them for several occasions and will continue to do so. The staff is warm and welcoming and goes above and beyond to accommodate us even in short notice they always come through! Thank you so much everyone at Sorella's!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Lauren S

Sorella's REALLY came through for me! My husband and I were torn between them and another bakery. Simply due to price we originally went with another company. 2 months before my wedding the other company called to inform me that they were closing up shop and they would no... Read More longer be making my wedding cake. In a bit of a panic, I rushed to our first and original choice, Sorella's. As it had turned out, they had already closed out the month of September due to a high volume of weddings. BUT, after hearing what happened to me and luckily a cancellation, they were able to put me in the books! I had SO much fun working with these ladies and the cake tasted DELICIOUS! They really work to make you happy and give you the most beautiful cake of your dreams for your wedding. The icing on the cake (pun intended) is they are reasonably priced. You truly get your moneys worth. They really were able to work within my budget which of course was something that was very important to me. Did I mention the cake was as delicious as it was beautiful? Thank you so much Sorella's!!!! You were truly a life saver!

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Nicole M

Our wedding cake turned out amazing! The girls at Sorellas were wonderful to work with and brought exactly what I wanted on paper to life. Everyone at our reception raved about how delicious it was. Some of the best wedding cake we have ever had! We will definitely be going back... Read More to them for future events. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Erica H

They just made my wedding cake and I could not be happier!! They are amazingly talented women. Your cake will not only look incredibly beautiful it will make your taste buds just as happy. It was so delicious, and I received so many compliments on it. They literally have the... Read More best butter cream in the world. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making us the perfect cake!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Lisa P

Sorella's did an amazing job on my wedding cake. Not only was it absolutely gorgeous, it was also the most fresh, delicious cake that I have ever had! Almost a month after my wedding and I am still getting compliments on how good the cake was. A few recently engaged friends... Read More that attended our wedding are without a doubt booking with Sorella's after seeing/tasting our wedding cake. In addition, the owners and staff are friendly, polite, courteous, and provide excellent customer service. They are very accommodating and want to make sure that you have exactly what you want for your big day! I order all of my cakes from Sorella's and am NEVER disappointed! I highly recommend Sorella's Wedding Cakes!

Frosting is amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015

This was probably the best part of the reception. I had a simple cake but the flavor was amazing!!! I plan on going back there for other cake needs in the future and will recommend them to every bride I know.

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Mary S

I cannot say how happy I am with them! We did a dessert table and a cheesecake for us to cut into. We went in for a tasting, and while we were there Monica told us whatever we could dream she could make. We ended up choosing about 12 different desserts in different... Read More quantities. Everything is delicious. I am pretty picky about my desserts, and everything was moist and full of flavor. I had so many people ask who our baker was. We ended up only having about 20 pieces left at the end of the night out of the almost 600 we started with. The cheesecake was one of the best I have ever had...and I don't like cake so I have eaten a lot of cheesecakes. Monica was so much fun to work with and gave me everything I asked for and more. I will not use anyone else now that I found her!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Natasha M

This cake was soooo delicious and beautifully decorated! I was so happy that I found Sorellas! The staff was super sweet and professional. Did I mention that the cake tasted absolutely amazing. I will be using this bakery for all my future events, birthdays,... Read More anniversaries!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Krissy M

Absolutely love this place! From the super amazing friendly staff to the amazing work they do on cakes! I got so many compliments on my wedding cake, everyone loved how well it was put together on the outside to how amazing it tasted!! I would recommend this shop to anyone who... Read More is looking for fantastic work! They are so reasonably priced and their food is seriously amazing. Even got a GF cake and the girls eating it said they would have never imagined it being GF because it tasted so good! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING & I APPRECIATE EVERYTHING THAT WAS DONE TO HELP MAKE MY SPECIAL DAY A LITTLE MORE SPECIAL!!

Fabulous Cake!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Maggie H

I absolutely LOVED working with Sorella's for our wedding cake. Monica was hilarious and easy to work with. We gave her minimal instructions and she gave us exactly what we envisioned. She suggested that we do 5 different flavors, at no extra cost, and it was a HUGE hit with our... Read More guests. I highly recommend using Sorella's!

Just wonderful

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Meghan A

We used Sorella's for cupcakes and a cutting cake for our wedding. We chose chocolate, vanilla, and pumpkin cupcakes. Our guests loved the cupcakes and any extras we had were frozen. I also worked with them to create a personalized groom's cake, which was just amazing. We... Read More loved working with a local business and would highly recommend Sorella's!